• Please log in to reply
9929 replies to this topic

#1 Oaf

Oaf

There are no strings on me...

• 17,702 posts
  • Supports:Plimuff

Posted 03 April 2010 - 03:36 PM

Whenever I watch a show, I always find that there's nowhere specific to talk about it on TFF... So I thought that it was about time we got separate threads for each show to discuss the latest episodes of Raw and Smackdown.
Regarding spoiler-ness, I think that it'd be a good idea to set mutually agreed upon times to talk about the shows in each thread... I've suggested the idea of 4:15am for Raw (as thats the time Raw's first showing in the UK finishes...sometimes.) and midnight on Fridays for Smackdown (as thats the first time Smackdown's first showing in the UK finishes). If people want these times changed though, I'm sure we can agree on a better time. Also, regarding spoilers, if any are posted without warning, before the times and dates agreed upon, I think it's fair if we enforce the same ruling as in the TV/Films section... as in, warnings will be given.

So yeah, welcome to the Raw thread. Discuss the WWE's flagship show in here.

#2 Benji

Benji

Full-time Eddie Johnson fan

• Supporter
  • 10,733 posts
  • Supports:Seattle Sounders

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:19 PM

When's the draft? I thought it was usually the show after 'Mania, but it's barely been mentioned yet.

#3 Steady

Steady

Filth.

• Lifetime Supporter
  • 5,998 posts
  • Supports:Ma(ssive)nsfield Town

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:49 PM

April 26th accoring to Wikipedia.

Yeah, that's right, I just Wiki'd 'WWE Draft'.

#4 Eamonn7

Eamonn7
  • First Team
  • 8,380 posts
  • Supports:Man United

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:57 AM

I enjoyed Raw with Otunga in charge, knew he would put himself in the main event somehow and loved him turning on Cena though them winning the tag titles wouldnt have made any sense. Orton and Swagger had a good match and Swaggers had some good matches with the top stars and doesnt look out of place at all. Cant wait for the draft though, always good to freshen things up a bit.

#5 tommy_b

tommy_b
  • Supporter
  • 12,243 posts
  • Supports:League Two's Bristol City

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:31 PM

When is THE GREAT ONE back?

#6 tommy_b

tommy_b
  • Supporter
  • 12,243 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:34 PM

I've suggested the idea of 4:15am for Raw (as thats the time Raw's first showing in the UK finishes...sometimes.)

Eh? Where's it shown at that time? I can't see it in digiguide.

So yeah, welcome to the Raw thread. Discuss the WWE's flagship show in here.

I guess you want me to put up the Sunday Night Heat thread then?

#7 Eamonn7

Eamonn7
  • First Team
  • 8,380 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:41 PM

Sky Sports show it from 2am to 4.15am on Monday night/Tuesday morning. The Rock is rumoured to be doing something over the summer, dont think anything is confirmed though. Anyone for any house shows when they are over in the UK? I'm for the Raw one in Belfast this Saturday.

#8 Oaf

Oaf

• 17,702 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:43 PM

Aaaah, Sunday Night Heat. The very first show I used to watch... back when it was on channel 4. I remember the very first thing I saw of WWF programing... it was on Heat, when they were showing a recap of Austin destroying the DX trailer. That got me hooked on Austin.
I remember the first few Heat's I watched... I always used to like Essa Rios and Chris Jericho. They seemed to be on it every week.

Sky Sports show it from 2am to 4.15am on Monday night/Tuesday morning. The Rock is rumoured to be doing something over the summer, dont think anything is confirmed though. Anyone for any house shows when they are over in the UK? I'm for the Raw one in Belfast this Saturday.

I've got a mate going to Raw tomorrow in the O2. Lucky git.

#9 Oaf

Oaf

• 17,702 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:42 PM

Speaking of Raw today from the O2, does anybody actually know when the hell it's on? Any TV listing I've seen have it listed as being on 1am until 3... but I just can't see that being the case :lol:

#10 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • First Team
  • 3,851 posts
  • Supports:AFC Telford United

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:44 PM

Speaking of Raw today from the O2, does anybody actually know when the hell it's on? Any TV listing I've seen have it listed as being on 1am until 3... but I just can't see that being the case :lol:

That is right.

They'll record it and show it at 1.am. They do every time it's over here.

#11 Oaf

Oaf

• 17,702 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:55 PM

Speaking of Raw today from the O2, does anybody actually know when the hell it's on? Any TV listing I've seen have it listed as being on 1am until 3... but I just can't see that being the case Posted Image

That is right.

They'll record it and show it at 1.am. They do every time it's over here.

Really? That's a bit stupid of them.

I know I've seen it live from the UK before though... I'm sure I have.

#12 Son of Cod

Son of Cod

All about the good time vibes

• Legends
  • 19,518 posts
  • Supports:Grimsby Town

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:06 PM

Says Raw is on today at 17:00 on SS3 on the Sky site...

http://www.skysports...,19953,,00.html

Which doesn't make sense because isn't event on this evening? So what is this Raw that's on this evening? I'm confused, I thought it was supposed to be on live at 19:30.

Anyway, I'm off to Sheffield tomorrow.

#13 Oaf

Oaf

• 17,702 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:16 PM

Says Raw is on today at 17:00 on SS3 on the Sky site...

http://www.skysports...,19953,,00.html

Which doesn't make sense because isn't event on this evening? So what is this Raw that's on this evening? I'm confused, I thought it was supposed to be on live at 19:30.

Anyway, I'm off to Sheffield tomorrow.

I think that is a replay of last weeks. Like you said, Raw starts at about 7:30... plus the matches listed are all matches that took place last week.

#14 Eamonn7

Eamonn7
  • First Team
  • 8,380 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:16 PM

Pretty sure its just the usual 2-4am. Orton vs Batista has been announced on WWE.com

#15 stupoolie

stupoolie
  • First Team
  • 761 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:21 PM

The Hoff is the guest host too.. Oh dear! Cue some other midget jokes with Hornswoggle :nono:

#16 Son of Cod

Son of Cod

All about the good time vibes

• Legends
  • 19,518 posts
  • Supports:Grimsby Town

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:32 PM

I think that is a replay of last weeks. Like you said, Raw starts at about 7:30... plus the matches listed are all matches that took place last week.

Haha, can't believe I didn't pick up on that.

Doesn't look like it's on until later, then. That sucks, it's been getting me through my day at work today. How come Sky 3 are billing the programme at 2-4am as WWE Late Night Raw Live, then? Hmmm.

#17 thehustlerkid

thehustlerkid
  • First Team
  • 229 posts
  • Supports:liverpool

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

anyone into wrestling efeds ?

#18 tommy_b

tommy_b
  • Supporter
  • 12,243 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:56 PM

Aaaah, Sunday Night Heat. The very first show I used to watch... back when it was on channel 4. I remember the very first thing I saw of WWF programing... it was on Heat, when they were showing a recap of Austin destroying the DX trailer. That got me hooked on Austin.
I remember the first few Heat's I watched... I always used to like Essa Rios and Chris Jericho. They seemed to be on it every week.

.... is it not on anymore? WTF has WWF come to whereby there is no Sunday Night Heat?

#19 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • First Team
  • 3,851 posts
  • Supports:AFC Telford United

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:18 PM

It's on at the usual time. [/debate]

#20 Oaf

Oaf

• 17,702 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:40 PM

I used to be in some, about 8 years ago. The first I was in, I became the world champion really fast... but then lost the belt to a guy who was great friends with the owner. I thought it was bullshit, and so did the rest of the fed, so pretty much everyone left apart from the owner and the champion :lol:
The second I was in was much better though... I was The Rock and managed to have the longest title reign in the history of the fed, holding the tag team championships with a guy for the most part of a year. We were both great... I also won the equivilent of the IC title twice, once off of the guy who I held the tag titles with. We ended up giving up our titles in the end, so that we could both go off on our own and let others hold the tag belts... but I finished Fedding around that time as well, so never got to see what I could do at the top level in that Fed.

.... is it not on anymore? WTF has WWF come to whereby there is no Sunday Night Heat?

Naw, Heat died a while back unfortunately. So did that Velocity show... which was pretty much a shitter version of heat.

#21 thehustlerkid

thehustlerkid
  • First Team
  • 229 posts
  • Supports:liverpool

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:47 PM

I used to be in some, about 8 years ago. The first I was in, I became the world champion really fast... but then lost the belt to a guy who was great friends with the owner. I thought it was bullshit, and so did the rest of the fed, so pretty much everyone left apart from the owner and the champion Posted Image
The second I was in was much better though... I was The Rock and managed to have the longest title reign in the history of the fed, holding the tag team championships with a guy for the most part of a year. We were both great... I also won the equivilent of the IC title twice, once off of the guy who I held the tag titles with. We ended up giving up our titles in the end, so that we could both go off on our own and let others hold the tag belts... but I finished Fedding around that time as well, so never got to see what I could do at the top level in that Fed.

ahh not bad mate i just got into this efed, i am quite new at it and enjoy it you should check it out

#22 Benji

Benji

Full-time Eddie Johnson fan

• Supporter
  • 10,733 posts
  • Supports:Seattle Sounders

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:51 PM

Odd episode of Raw since almost everyone member of the roster was stuck in Belfast. Luckily, Triple H was there to carry the show, and the guest host was pretty good, apart from some parts.

#23 Oaf

Oaf

• 17,702 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:12 PM

Odd episode of Raw since almost everyone member of the roster was stuck in Belfast. Luckily, Triple H was there to carry the show, and the guest host was pretty good, apart from some parts.

Yeah, credit to the WWE for that... plans were ballsed up at the last second but The Smackdown roster and Triple H came to the rescue. They managed to squeeze a decent show out of it.

#24 stupoolie

stupoolie
  • First Team
  • 761 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:51 AM

Yeah, wasnt a bad show considering.

Not sure on the guest host though, McGruber or whatever he was called was a bit weird. I see the fans at that event have been given a full refund, due to their being next to no RAW stars there.

#25 Oaf

Oaf

• 17,702 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:40 PM

Yeah, wasnt a bad show considering.

Not sure on the guest host though, McGruber or whatever he was called was a bit weird. I see the fans at that event have been given a full refund, due to their being next to no RAW stars there.

Yeah, I saw that. The WWE pretty much handed the whole situation much better than I'd have thought. Host was a bit dodgy... but he was ok I thought. The whole "pee pee pants" bit was a tad cringeworthy though.

#26 Eamonn7

Eamonn7
  • First Team
  • 8,380 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:52 PM

I thought it was a pretty good Raw considering, probably better than they could have put on with the full roster especially with Taker performing. I absolutely loved the Punk/HHH interaction, funny thing is HHH is actually straight edge. Also, Jericho is comedy gold.

#27 BigDaveCUFC

BigDaveCUFC
  • First Team
  • 16,105 posts
  • Supports:Alcatraz United

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:52 AM

Any main rumours about possible changes with the draft then you WWE guys?

I'm not one to watches WWE as much thesedays (as you know from my posts, more TNA guy myself) but the draft is always abit interesting.

although must admit i'd love 1 year where they whacked both together, i miss smackdown just being a continue from Raw and vice-versa.

any of you guys thinking we may see a suprise change in this??

Edited by BigDaveCUFC, 26 April 2010 - 08:52 AM.

#28 Oaf

Oaf

• 17,702 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:55 PM

I'm not one to watches WWE as much thesedays (as you know from my posts, more TNA guy myself) but the draft is always abit interesting.

although must admit i'd love 1 year where they whacked both together, i miss smackdown just being a continue from Raw and vice-versa.

I pray everyday for this to once again be the case.

Can't see it though... but if they did... it would be so damned awesome.

#29 Meseket

Meseket

Death's Friend

• First Team
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 03:50 PM

I pray everyday for this to once again be the case.

Can't see it though... but if they did... it would be so damned awesome.

I'm too hoping for this to happen then TNA will be really screwed

#30 Big_Bird

Big_Bird

front bottoms

• First Team
  • 11,365 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:40 PM

Yeah won't happen though, they make too much money this way.

The only massive rumour i've heard is that last night may have been Batista's last match as he's out of contract. Could easily be rubbish.

#31 Steady

Steady

Filth.

• Lifetime Supporter
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:43 PM

Heard the same thing about Batista. He's pissed off at HHH getting the movie role he had been previously promised I believe, and he's already stated a few times that he wants to make an acting career instead of wrestling at some point.

There are a few rumours for the draft i've heard as well. They are...

Spoiler

Edited by Steady, 26 April 2010 - 08:57 PM.

#32 Big_Bird

Big_Bird

front bottoms

• First Team
  • 11,365 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:52 PM

Deliberately avoided reading those rumours as i'll be watching live I expect!

But yeah Batista in throwing toys out of the pram shocker. Just as he became interesting for the first time as well.

#33 Oaf

Oaf

• 17,702 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:52 PM

Yeah won't happen though, they make too much money this way.

The only massive rumour i've heard is that last night may have been Batista's last match as he's out of contract. Could easily be rubbish.

Yeah, I heard about that quite a bit back. It kind of made the whole Last Man Standing match last night a bit shitter... as it was obvious who was going to win Posted Image

#34 Ginge

Ginge

Yeah I'm lethal to the B... POW!

• First Team
  • 4,910 posts
  • Supports:Manchester City

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:00 PM

Tommy Dreamer about the draft on Twitter: "The 1st ever draft I was drafted last. Injured Edge, Ivory, Heat announcerTerri a microphone and a turnbuckle all picked before me ThanksWWE"

#35 Oli#1

Oli#1
  • First Team
  • 2,772 posts
  • Supports:Norwich City

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:16 PM

is Swagger a smackdown or raw superstar

#36 BigDaveCUFC

BigDaveCUFC
  • First Team
  • 16,105 posts
  • Supports:Alcatraz United

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:24 PM

Could Batista be the first actual 'interesting' move in this so called war??

Not that i'd want him in TNA as he's bloody awful and his matches are rubbish, but he'd be the first real CURRENT big name to maybe jump from one side t'other if he did.

its a hard draft to do really as i think smackdown has a good balance, raw has most of the names and i don't see many of the Smackdown lot apart from Edge, Jericho really making a move to main event in Raw.........but i don't think either would benefit moving over.

a toughie, will be interesting.

#37 Oaf

Oaf

• 17,702 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:37 PM

is Swagger a smackdown or raw superstar

I think officially, he's still a Raw superstar... but is allowed on Smackdown as he holds the title.

Could Batista be the first actual 'interesting' move in this so called war??

Not that i'd want him in TNA as he's bloody awful and his matches are rubbish, but he'd be the first real CURRENT big name to maybe jump from one side t'other if he did.

its a hard draft to do really as i think smackdown has a good balance, raw has most of the names and i don't see many of the Smackdown lot apart from Edge, Jericho really making a move to main event in Raw.........but i don't think either would benefit moving over.

a toughie, will be interesting.

:lol: Any time anyone leaves the WWE I always think about that now... it was the same with Michaels. But I can't see that... TNA seem more about wrestling ability than character, and Batista just isn't the type they'd usually go for at all. But then again... for the publicity it'd bring, they'd probably do it. Much like the case with Lex Lugar going to WCW... Bischoff thought he was shite, but knew it'd be good for popularity.

Besides, I'd call Kurt Angle the first big jump. He's missed tremendously in the WWE... I'd love to see him back for one last run.

#38 Steady

Steady

Filth.

• Lifetime Supporter
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:42 PM

Edge or Jericho could be a good shout for a jump to Raw. Their program may have reached it's natural end with the match at Extreme Rules, what with Edge finally winning out against Jericho.

As for Batista, I never really realised how old he actually is. I mean, I knew he was a grandfather, but I'd have guessed he was in his mid-to-late thirties. Then again, that could be due to me being poor at guessing ages :lol:

#39 Oli#1

Oli#1
  • First Team
  • 2,772 posts
  • Supports:Norwich City

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:54 PM

i think Orten will get draft to Smackdown and swagger will just sort of appear on smackdown to carry on their fued

#40 Eamonn7

Eamonn7
  • First Team
  • 8,380 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:39 PM

First time I watched Raw on Sky Sports on a Thursday night in years last night as I usually just watch it on Tuesday online but I havent been able to this week. I thought it was a good show, was shocked at Vickie the new GM but of course we found out she resigned at the end with Orton after her. An I quit match was obvious for Cena and Batista and its now 100% certain Cena wins if it wasnt before. Hopefully Jericho/Miz can win the titles though Raw will be unreal in Canada next week, Miz vs Bret Hart should be very interesting, hard to see Bret actually competing, the pop will be HUGE though.