• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 GodsGift

GodsGift
  • 13,827 posts
  • Supports:Lincoln & Newcastle

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:55 PM

http://www.independe...ph-2098411.html

A student who was spotted urinating on a war memorial sparked outrage and a police investigation today.

The incident happened during an organised pub crawl involving up to 1,000 students during freshers' week in Southampton.

The man was seen to urinate on the cenotaph, a memorial to those from the area who died in the First and Second World Wars.

The pub crawl last Thursday was set up and stewarded by party organiser Carnage UK.

Catherine Kitchener, county manager for the Royal British Legion in Hampshire, said: "It's today's society and it's different from societies gone past and it seems it is more acceptable to the younger generation to spill out on to the streets.

"I think it's quite sad, I would hope that students would embrace the idea that the memory of those who had made the ultimate sacrifice should always be treated with respect.

"Hopefully, in hindsight, the student might feel some regret."

I was pretty sure there was a thread on this from last year, when something similar happened. The search function didn't really help me though, and I couldn't find anything.

Anyway, so yeh, as soon as I saw the title to this article I knew Carnage would have something to do with it. Thoughts?

Edited by GodsGift, 05 October 2010 - 03:02 PM.

#2 Iran The Bieliber

Iran The Bieliber

A huge willy embiggens the noblest man

• Supporter
  • 12,891 posts
  • Location:slamming briefcases closed and shuttling off to dormant austerity
  • Supports:genocide denial

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:00 PM

If you gotta go you gotta go but surely there are better places to urinate, like a wall for example. Perhaps he was too inebriated to see that it was a war memorial that he was peeing on?

#3 Nath

Nath
  • First Team
  • 16,102 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:03 PM

He was pissed and probably didn't know what he was doing.

Will obviously regret in hindsight.

#4 Smat

Smat

Just Smat

• Early Bath (Banned)
  • 19,290 posts
  • Supports:bnrendnans rEDARMY!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:05 PM

Let's get some perspective, it's not like he threw a cat in a bin.

Actually, is there an existing scale of minor incidents which cause major public outrage? I wonder where this lies in terms of, say, the cat-binner and Andrew Sachs' voicemail.

#5 whitey

whitey
  • First Team
  • 3,914 posts
  • Supports:Ipswich Town

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:08 PM

I read an article the other day about a woman that did the same thing to a memorial in Blackpool. Except she apparently had sex up against it first.

#6 GodsGift

GodsGift
  • 13,827 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:11 PM

I read an article the other day about a woman that did the same thing to a memorial in Blackpool. Except she apparently had sex up against it first.

This?

#7 Merseyboyred

Merseyboyred

• 19,902 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:11 PM

http://www.independe...ph-2098411.html

A student who was spotted urinating on a war memorial sparked outrage and a police investigation today.

The incident happened during an organised pub crawl involving up to 1,000 students during freshers' week in Southampton.

The man was seen to urinate on the cenotaph, a memorial to those from the area who died in the First and Second World Wars.

The pub crawl last Thursday was set up and stewarded by party organiser Carnage UK.

Catherine Kitchener, county manager for the Royal British Legion in Hampshire, said: "It's today's society and it's different from societies gone past and it seems it is more acceptable to the younger generation to spill out on to the streets.

"I think it's quite sad, I would hope that students would embrace the idea that the memory of those who had made the ultimate sacrifice should always be treated with respect.

"Hopefully, in hindsight, the student might feel some regret."

I was pretty sure there was a thread on this from last year, when something similar happened. The search function didn't really help me though, and I couldn't find anything.

Anyway, so yeh, as soon as I saw the title to this article I knew Carnage would have something to do with it. Thoughts?

Last year there was a witchhunt against the guy who did it. Whatever my comments were that time around stand firm here.

As you say, no surprise it was on Carnage.

#8 GodsGift

GodsGift
  • 13,827 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:12 PM

Last year there was a witchhunt against the guy who did it. Whatever my comments were that time around stand firm here.

Do you have any idea how I can find that thread? I can't find it anywhere Posted Image

#9 Merseyboyred

Merseyboyred

• 19,902 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:18 PM

Do you have any idea how I can find that thread? I can't find it anywhere Posted Image

I'm very proud of myself for finding it, the search function and myself don't always agree...

http://www.thefootba...silly-boy<br />

#10 GodsGift

GodsGift
  • 13,827 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:23 PM

I'm very proud of myself for finding it, the search function and myself don't always agree...

http://www.thefootba...76604-silly-boy

Legend, cheers Posted Image

#11 Jarvis

Jarvis

You know what a Dire-Jarvis is, right?

• First Team
  • 12,336 posts
  • Supports:Birmingham City

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:41 PM

[Daily Mail] It's people like this that the Death sentence should be brought back for. He's insulting not only OUR LADS, but the memory of Princess Diana and more importantly Jade Goody. He's also giving us all Cancer. [/Daily Mail]

#12 Iran The Bieliber

Iran The Bieliber

• Supporter
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:01 PM

Maddie.

#13 Jarvis

Jarvis

You know what a Dire-Jarvis is, right?

• First Team
  • 12,336 posts
  • Supports:Birmingham City

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:08 PM

Maddie.

Knew I'd forgotten something...

#14 argyle_dude

argyle_dude

Not to be taken seriously

• Lifetime Supporter
  • 12,914 posts
  • Supports:Plymouth :-)

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:27 PM

That act will have knocked £10k off all the houses in that post code as well :msn_angry

#15 Iran The Bieliber

Iran The Bieliber

• Supporter
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:42 PM

Makes me think that he had a beef with an estate agent then and it was actually an act of corporate sabotage,

#16 Chelski72

Chelski72

I'm your daddy...

• First Team
  • 9,245 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:35 AM

Makes me think that he had a beef with an estate agent then and it was actually an act of corporate sabotage,

Are you American?

#17 Iran The Bieliber

Iran The Bieliber

• Supporter
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:11 AM

Obviously. GO TEAM USA

#18 Masterwig

Masterwig

REMEMBER WHERE YOU CAME FROM

• 9,652 posts
  • Supports:Manchester City

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:22 PM

It was clearly an act of political commentary about how the government is effectively pissing on our soldiers by not doing enough to look after them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users