BRUCEY CUP BONUSES BELOW
- When you take over as Walsall you have a whopping £50,000 at your disposal. You can request funds to your hearts content etc and spend any money you generate yourself. You will be awarded points for your transfer ability though. 20 points for not spending a penny (net) all season (or for making a net-gain). For every £10,000 you spend (net) you will lose a 2 points from that 20.
- 24 Points awarded for finishing in media predicted spot of 13th. 2 points awarded for every position above that, 10 point bonus for promotion through any means, 10 point bonus again for winning the league.
- -2 points off of that 20 for every position below 12th you finish (-10 points for relegation finish)
- 10 Points for a player netting 15 times in the season
- 20 Points (on top of the 10) for any player netting 25 times in the season
- 30 Points (on top of previous 30) for any player netting 35+ times in the season
- 10 Points for any player with 12 assists
- 10 Extra points for any player with 20+ assists
- 20 Points if your team scores more than 100 goals in the season
- 20 Points for conceding 30 goals or less in the season
- 2 points for each League 2 side you beat in cup competitions
- 3 points for each League 1 side you beat in cup competitions
- 5 points for each Championship side you beat in cup competitions
- 10 points for each Premier League side you beat in cup competitions
- 20 points for winning League Cup
- 40 points for winning FA Cup
Really enjoyed the season with Walsall, am looking forward to future challenges Buzz! Thanks for organising this.
After a poor start in the league we went on a good spell and were 6th at the turn of the year. But with cup congestion and a poor spell we slipped down to 12th by March. Fortunately we ended the season perfectly, winning the last 6 games to finish 8th with 71 points (W22 D5 L19 GD11) - 4 points off the play-offs.
The JPT was the highlight of the season, which we won at Wembley against Gillingham. We had a nice run to the final, playing 6 L2 sides and only one L1, but took advantage.
We did excellently in the FA Cup too, beating Kidderminster and Stevenage before drawing Man Utd in Round 3. When Chris Smalling was sent off in the 75th minute with the score at 0-0 I thought we might have a chance of an incredible result, but Darren Fletcher scored an 89th minute goal to beat us 1-0. A draw wouldn't have meant any more points and the money isn't an issue for a one season save, so the blow was lessened.
By my maths, that means 103 points:
20 Points - Not Spending a penny
34 Points - Finishing 8th
10 Points – John Guidetti 17 goals
10 Points – James O’Shea 18 assists
10 Points – Julian Gray 13 assists
15 Points - JPT wins over L1 Sheffield Wednesday and L2 Rotherham, Shrewsbury, Stockport, Bradford (x2) and Gillingham
2 Points - FA Cup win over L2 Stevenage
2 Points - League Cup win over L2 Bury
I don't have time now but will post my transfers later tonight hopefully.