#1001 up the shakers

up the shakers

Up The Shakers

• First Team
  • 2,837 posts
  • Supports:Bury F.C.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:56 PM

http://youtu.be/rU6p_-m1VYU

Edited by up the shakers, 13 October 2014 - 01:58 PM.

#1002 Satch

Satch

self-styled arbiter of reasoned debate

• Supporter
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:02 PM

Mark Bell has passed. One of the grandaddies of Warp Records. Tribute and all is customary. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E64BzYds2A

#1003 mase

mase
  • First Team
  • 538 posts
  • Supports:Oxford United

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:32 AM

https://soundcloud.c...t-400-re-shares

Anyone into DNB and in particular Ram Records will want to listen to that.

#1004 NatchZider2005

NatchZider2005

Techno...Techno.... Techno...

• Supporter
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:25 PM

Yeah that's sad to hear, I love this tune: 

I've been in Prague over the last two weeks and went to two nights while I was there. 

We went to Cross Club which is probably one of the coolest venues I have been too due to the crazy designs they have inside and outside. We went to a Drum and Bass night and it was hard from the second we got in there until the end. The crowd were loving it and it was only 11 pm, we had a great time and met some really cool people who were happy to chat. Really recommend going there, we'd love to go to one of the psy trance nights that they host. 

Then the next night we went to the trance classics night that I have been talking about over the last few months. This was in a much bigger venue and at first I wasn't to sure on the party itself. They had lots of commercial stuff on sale, a diamond and golden VIP area and some strange place where you could get photos in front of a screen. They also had a massive screen behind the DJ's that would sometimes advertise some brand of vodka etc. 

Still everything else was great, I pretty much heard all the classics that I could think of and most of the sets were excellent. Rank1 played a lot of obvious classics like "Silence" and "Airwave" I personally thought Kai Tracid's set was the best one of the night. Again the crowd was great and we made friends with a Austrian woman who sorted us out with some pills that must have also came from '99 which was great. :) 

It was Nicolas first trance night after saying that she wasn't really keen on that type of music at all but she had a great time and was smiling all the way through. It's not what I'd listen to at home anymore really but you cant beat a Trance party and the crowds are always excellent. 

So yeah we had a great time and Prague is a good City to spend time in we plan to go back in the near future. We have CLR and Drumcode nights coming up which will be pure Techno so looking forward to that. :) 

#1005 TimmyOTool

TimmyOTool
  • First Team
  • 1,178 posts
  • Supports:Everton

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:17 PM

Will you be going to the Drumcode halloween doo?

#1006 NatchZider2005

NatchZider2005

• Supporter
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:26 PM

Yeah we got tickets. :)

CLR was pretty great last night and worth all the flying and lack of sleep. Rodhad was amazing and made it seem effortless but Rebekah disappointing this time. Really boring and predictable with flat bass without melody and then huge bass drop after a few minutes then repeat. Not what I was expecting as she was great last time I saw her.

Edited by NatchZider2005, 19 October 2014 - 07:27 PM.

#1007 NatchZider2005

NatchZider2005

• Supporter
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:14 PM

I've just found out that Liebing played the last four hours and Rebekah moved to the second room.

Chris Liebing said it took him 90 minutes to get into his groove and so Rebekah moved to the second room to play her set so he could play for another two hours.

Pretty annoyed really as we couldn't make out who was playing from at the back and had I known I wouldn't have stuck it out. I kept thinking that Rebekah was just drunk or something it was that bad and it wasn't even her.

#1008 Benito

Benito

Il Duce

• First Team
  • 3,311 posts
  • Supports:Asceticism

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:23 PM

Whats the dress code for these sort of events been mentioned strict door policy etc never been to stuff like this before Magna carta any good upcoming event in Greenwich ? soz for n00b.

#1009 NatchZider2005

NatchZider2005

• Supporter
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:51 AM

Wear whatever you want normally. :) I just wear something I can dance in.

Edited by NatchZider2005, Yesterday,07:24 PM.

#1010 NatchZider2005

NatchZider2005

• Supporter
  • 2,941 posts

Posted Yesterday,07:47 PM

Speaking of Drumcode, the new Alan Fitzpatrick EP is awful. I must admit I've really moved away from that Drumcode sound in the last year anyway but this EP is really bad. 

On the flip side Rodhads remix of Monolocs newest tune on CLR is pretty damn good. Everything he touches at the moment turns to gold. 

I was contacted by Rebekah who offered me free tickets to go to Jaded in London when she plays next month to make up for the mix up at ADE, pretty good of her really. :) 

Love this one and the whole release is great. 

Adam X's album is sounding so dark and good too. Also some stuff from Extra Dry & Tom, lots of good techno stuff that I found tonight.

http://sonicgroove.b...m-cohen-haze-ep

Edited by NatchZider2005, Yesterday,08:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users