Photo

Should David Moyes Be Sacked?

• Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

Poll: Should David Moyes Be Sacked? (117 member(s) have cast votes)

Should David Moyes be sacked?

1. Yes (28 votes [23.93%])

Percentage of vote: 23.93%

2. No (72 votes [61.54%])

Percentage of vote: 61.54%

3. I don't care, I just like voting in polls. (17 votes [14.53%])

Percentage of vote: 14.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 NickKIELCEPoland

NickKIELCEPoland
  • Restricted
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:38 PM

Posts number 8 and 39 are the kind of strange posts that would make you think Man U had had an excellent season apart from this one defeat.

Edited by NickKIELCEPoland, 01 January 2014 - 10:38 PM.

#42 Spear

Spear

Jeg planter en tra

• Lifetime Supporter
  • 43,282 posts
  • Supports:Scotland

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

It might certainly be bumped one would suspect.

accordingly the gauntet is accepted that we release with each win ;)

#43 Pagnell

Pagnell

Caught By The River

• Admin
  • 38,374 posts
  • Supports:A wife and three kids

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

Don't worry, you have Swansea at home next. A banker if there ever was one. Then again, is there such a thing for United this season? :shutup:

#44 Devil Worshipper

Devil Worshipper

Red Devils

• 2,217 posts
  • Supports:Man Utd, Celtic

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

Posts number 8 and 39 are the kind of strange posts that would make you think Man U had had an excellent season apart from this one defeat.

It's a major transitional season. Sacking the manager would hardly increase stability.

#45 supermegahybrid

supermegahybrid
  • Reserves
  • 19 posts
  • Supports:Man Utd

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

Shouldn't have been appointed in the first place, completely uninspiring. After spurs defeat champs lg place in serious doubt. If that happens utd in real, real trouble

#46 SALT1R3

SALT1R3

Ah will tell you this!!!

• First Team
  • 9,202 posts
  • Supports:Deep fried Mars bars

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:50 PM

Keep him, this is great fun! :D

#47 Nath

Nath
  • Supporter
  • 15,852 posts
  • Supports:..

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:39 AM

absolutely not.

we'll strengthen in January and we'll finish in the top four.

Who do you think they will sign out of curiosity? Realistic targets only. The likes of Leighton baines would probably want to remain at a club that has a realistic chance of playing European football next season.

Baines would be over-priced anyway.

I could see us going in for Coentrão, excellent and would go for cheap I suspect. Koke is also another realistic target, although it'll hard to lure him away from Atletico in January I'd say. Both would improve our starting 11.

#48 NotAtAllNeutral1

NotAtAllNeutral1
  • First Team
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:55 AM

Coentrao and Koke are good players, but neither are that "Marquee signing".

#49 liu

liu
  • First Team
  • 689 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:06 AM

No. After SAF's 26 year reign, this might be the most difficult job in football world. Moyes needs time to adapt and rebuild the team. They should give him at least 3 seasons.

#50 Destruction

Destruction

Walking in a Twitter wonderland...

• First Team
  • 15,298 posts
  • Supports:posts by Steady.

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:11 AM

No. After SAF's 26 year reign, this might be the most difficult job in football world. Moyes needs time to adapt and rebuild the team. They should give him at least 3 seasons.

Correct, and they will.

#51 liu

liu
  • First Team
  • 689 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:47 AM

Correct, and they will.

Hopefully. I am afraid that if they can't even make top 4, there will be huge pressure from impatient fans and sponsors.

#52 Pagnell

Pagnell

Caught By The River

• Admin
  • 38,374 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:56 AM

Of course the job is difficult, it's one of the biggest in world football which is why many questioned the sense behind giving it to someone like Moyes with no experience if being a winner. But even taking all that into account, there is no excuse for a team which won the league by double digits last season to not finish top 4 and his job will rightly be brought into question should that happen.

#53 allouso

allouso
  • 33,097 posts
  • Supports:Liverpool

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:00 AM

They should give him more time and i think they will.

I wonder though, if they ended up sacking him, who would they get? They will need a big name but i can't think of anyone who is available at the moment. 

#54 liu

liu
  • First Team
  • 689 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:42 AM

Of course the job is difficult, it's one of the biggest in world football which is why many questioned the sense behind giving it to someone like Moyes with no experience if being a winner. But even taking all that into account, there is no excuse for a team which won the league by double digits last season to not finish top 4 and his job will rightly be brought into question should that happen.

I have no doubt that had they picked some one like Mourinho, they would probably be doing better than what they are. 

Moyes showed his loyalty to his club and ability to rebuild his team over a long period at Everton, which none of the big names available did. By appointing Moyes and offering him a 6 year contract, United were sending out a message that they value long term stability more than short term success. Therefore, they shouldn’t and probably won’t start to question his job after only half a season.

#55 HumongousFungus

HumongousFungus
  • First Team
  • 1,785 posts
  • Supports:The Villa

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:49 AM

Haha Moyes losing it under the pressure, clearly watching a different match to rest of us. (young attempt at winning a pen)

"It's an incredible decision, in fact probably one of the
worst I think I saw,"

"I find it incredible but the people who employ the
referees are going to have to look at that and see if
they get that right."

Surely he'll recieve a ban like other managers for this.

#56 Steady

Steady

Filth.

• Lifetime Supporter
  • 5,665 posts
  • Supports:Ma(ssive)nsfield Town

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:55 AM

If they'd picked Mourinho then they'd be challenging for the title this season. Short-term they'd be sorted.

Long-term is where the worry is, however. Moyes has been tasked with rebuilding a club in a very unique position, having been managed by the same man through numerous transitional periods over more than two decades. Whoever replaced Ferguson would struggle to do one of either galvanising the side and leading them to short-term success, or rebuilding for long-term stability. By prioritising one you'll automatically struggle to do the other, and because Moyes has been given six years in charge, it's pretty clear that he's viewed as a long-term manager. Had Mourinho or a similar manager come in then they'd be successful for now, but the problems they're currently experiencing would've been extrapolated further.

Simply put, he obviously deserves more time. I personally don't think he's the right man for United, but he has time on his side. He should have a much calmer summer this year, so we'll be able to gauge far better how he performs in the transfer market, for example. If he doesn't qualify for the CL this season and is struggling by this time next year though, then calls for his head would be understandable.

#57 Masterwig

Masterwig

REMEMBER WHERE YOU CAME FROM

• 9,516 posts
  • Supports:Manchester City

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:56 AM

To be fair i doubt any manager would have gone in and done much

They won the league by nearly a dozen points last season. I don't think it's much to expect a title challenge.

#58 Spear

Spear

Jeg planter en tra

• Lifetime Supporter
  • 43,282 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:04 AM

Haha Moyes losing it under the pressure, clearly watching a different match to rest of us. (young attempt at winning a pen)

worst I think I saw,"

they get that right."

So here is another one, moans like heck all the time about Manchester United and anything good people post about us, then the moment so much as a slip, albeit by the ref and not us, they are here gloating and seeking to appear all knowing.

So next time you want to moan, remember the times that you get a few times a year to gloat you are just as bad. :innocent06:

#59 HumongousFungus

HumongousFungus
  • First Team
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:35 AM

worst I think I saw,"

they get that right."

So here is another one, moans like heck all the time about Manchester United and anything good people post about us, then the moment so much as a slip, albeit by the ref and not us, they are here gloating and seeking to appear all knowing.

So next time you want to moan, remember the times that you get a few times a year to gloat you are just as bad. :innocent06:

Mate I don't moan when united do well I moan at all the bullshit you post, and how any other forum would have taken your thread starting ability away at the very least.

#60 Spear

Spear

Jeg planter en tra

• Lifetime Supporter
  • 43,282 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:50 AM

worst I think I saw,"

they get that right."

Mate I don't moan when united do well I moan at all the bullshit you post, and how any other forum would have taken your thread starting ability away at the very least.

you do moan, you are a serial moaner, and you do nothing to keep the site going by starting some threads about your interests.

look at the forum today, wall to wall teasing of Manchester United and I embrace it completely and enjoy the fun it brings.

Get off your arse and start some threads, you make a contribution, or quit the persistent moaning

#61 HumongousFungus

HumongousFungus
  • First Team
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:16 AM

worst I think I saw,"

they get that right."

you do moan, you are a serial moaner, and you do nothing to keep the site going by starting some threads about your interests.

look at the forum today, wall to wall teasing of Manchester United and I embrace it completely and enjoy the fun it brings.

Get off your arse and start some threads, you make a contribution, or quit the persistent moaning

Starting random threads full of shite isn't the way to keep a forum going.

#62 Spear

Spear

Jeg planter en tra

• Lifetime Supporter
  • 43,282 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:19 AM

worst I think I saw,"

they get that right."

Starting random threads full of shite isn't the way to keep a forum going.

You are correct, its the responsibility of the members, so why aren't you putting some effort into setting the agenda ?

You wont like every thread on a forum with over 1000 topics a year in this section alone, in most people's cases 10% are of interest, 90% aren't.

All you seek to do is spoil a great deal of fun and hilarity and rival fans getting on greatly through the childish rivalries, If that isn't your cup of tea, why stop everyone else having fun ?

Go on, lets see you start a topic that we can comment on, make a contribution

#63 Silkyman

Silkyman
  • First Team
  • 9,099 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:20 AM

Any of these you havig a wobble spear?

http://www.101greatg...-fan-reactions/

#64 allouso

allouso
  • 33,097 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:21 AM

Be nice to eachother lads, Christmas spirit and all that crap. 

#65 Smat

Smat

Just Smat

• Legends
  • 18,805 posts
  • Supports:bnrendnans rEDARMY!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

Any of these you havig a wobble spear?

http://www.101greatg...-fan-reactions/

"I'd have got someone with red in his blood."

#66 Pagnell

Pagnell

Caught By The River

• Admin
  • 38,374 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

Roy Keane is available.

#67 Forthright

Forthright
  • First Team
  • 2,242 posts
  • Supports:best team in the league

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

Why sack someone who by their own fans is doing a good job and it is in fact poor refereeing decisions that is costing them in each game?

#68 Spear

Spear

Jeg planter en tra

• Lifetime Supporter
  • 43,282 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

Why sack someone who by their own fans is doing a good job and it is in fact poor refereeing decisions that is costing them in each game?

This is a great point and I will thank the ABU community to recognise this

#69 Tesl

Tesl
  • First Team
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

This is a great point and I will thank the ABU community to recognise this

I'm quite sure all "ABU"'s agree he shouldn't be sacked, and it being entirely the referee's fault and not his own fault is one more reason we are all in agreement :)

Its nice to all be on the same page. 

#70 Spear

Spear

Jeg planter en tra

• Lifetime Supporter
  • 43,282 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

hey pags the settings, get them checked :lol:

#71 Liverlad

Liverlad

• Supporter
  • 11,140 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:14 PM

Must be weird being in this position Spear?

When was the last time you were this shit?

#72 Spear

Spear

Jeg planter en tra

• Lifetime Supporter
  • 43,282 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:19 PM

Must be weird being in this position Spear?

When was the last time you were this shit?

well its not new for me personally, I would say 1990 would be about the equivalent for results

I had 18 years with basically no trophies before I got one :lol:

#73 NotAtAllNeutral1

NotAtAllNeutral1
  • First Team
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

They had 2 sh*t seasons in 2004/05 and 2005/06.

#74 Merseyboyred

Merseyboyred

• 19,846 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

At least all of TFF is in agreement and no-one wants the winner to be sacked.

#75 Spear

Spear

Jeg planter en tra

• Lifetime Supporter
  • 43,282 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

OK so thank you all for your magnificent support, your job now is to support the new manager

;)

#76 Jack (Big Dave™) Bauer

Jack (Big Dave™) Bauer
  • First Team
  • 1,481 posts
  • Supports:Manchester United

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:36 PM

You don't get time in football anymore. When will people ever realize this?

Half way point and 6 league defeats with the champions?

That's extremely bad in my eyes...

#77 Merseyboyred

Merseyboyred

• 19,846 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

OK so thank you all for your magnificent support, your job now is to support the new manager

;)

You can't agree with Jack here can you Spear? He's letting all the top reds down.

#78 Spear

Spear

Jeg planter en tra

• Lifetime Supporter
  • 43,282 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

;)

You can't agree with Jack here can you Spear? He's letting all the top reds down.

no I wouldn't be agreeing, but I have seen some similar comments on facebook, and if this period clears such fans out then it would only be a plus

We welcome all though, regardless of their beliefs

#79 NickKIELCEPoland

NickKIELCEPoland
  • Restricted
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:58 PM

The overwhelming majority are saying Moyes shouldn't be sacked. What conclusions can be drawn from this, apart from the fact that plenty of Liverpool fans have voted.

Edited by NickKIELCEPoland, 02 January 2014 - 06:59 PM.

#80 Jack (Big Dave™) Bauer

Jack (Big Dave™) Bauer
  • First Team
  • 1,481 posts
  • Supports:Manchester United

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:59 PM

I wonder Spear if you would have Sir Alex back tomorrow?