2020/2021 L2 Discussion

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
I should not rise,but barrow need to move on
They i think will be ok
Us i expect us to be up there..expectations from both clubs will differ.

One thing is certain Bolton have hit rock bottom and the is only one way up.
Evatt will improve and coach this squad to get better.Next season this team will be stronger whatever league they are in......I expect us to be back in the championship by the time Evatt current deal is up.

That is not being unrealistic
It's when you think you've hit rock bottom that things can go seriously wrong and you discover that you might not have. Evatt may work wonders and take you up - but equally he may fail and take you down.
Just ask Notts County or Wrexham fans where the rock bottom is...

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
It's when you think you've hit rock bottom that things can go seriously wrong and you discover that you might not have. Evatt may work wonders and take you up - but equally he may fail and take you down.
Just ask Notts County or Wrexham fans where the rock bottom is...
I cannot understand the resentment at Bolton and Evatt.........move on when you are dry next winter with the new roof above your stand you can thank Evatt and Bolton for buying it

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
The level of arrogance from certain Bolton fans is remarkable considering they're in the same league as the rest of us.
no arrogance....just a higher expectation
We have spent one year out of 140 in this league.
We have history and a proud heritage.
Read about Harry Goslin and the wartime wanderers.
The lion of vienna
The white horse cup final
Bolton v Stoke Disaster
4 fa cup wins
World cup winner born in our town
World cup,European and Olymic winners playing for us.
You are right though.....this season we are on par with Scunthorpe and Barrow

Bottega Don

Lenging Man Down
Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
no arrogance....just a higher expectation
We have spent one year out of 140 in this league.
We have history and a proud heritage.
Read about Harry Goslin and the wartime wanderers.
The lion of vienna
The white horse cup final
Bolton v Stoke Disaster
4 fa cup wins
World cup winner born in our town
World cup,European and Olymic winners playing for us.
You are right though.....this season we are on par with Scunthorpe and Barrow
God I hope when we play you our team thinks about all those things, hope we don't dare beat a team that used to be in the Premier League. All that stuff is meaningless now, you're in the same boat as the rest of us

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
God I hope when we play you our team thinks about all those things, hope we don't dare beat a team that used to be in the Premier League. All that stuff is meaningless now, you're in the same boat as the rest of us
[/QUOte

meanderson

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton Wanderers
I do think it's infinitely more likely that we're around the automatic promotion places than we are around the relegation places. I can see from the outside how some fans would think we're going down a similar route as previously, but it's simply not the case.

We have a very good ownership group funded by some very good people, multiple of which are big fans of the club and have vested interest in our success both financially and personally, we seem to be going about our business in much the right way. The financial issues we had are behind us, that's not to say that Covid won't cause issues though but that's just the same for every club in the country outside of the Prem money.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
If you beat us we will move on.....Just confident we will win more games than we lose

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
It's all relative. Signing the top scorer from your division is a marquee signing regardless of whether that's Jamie Vardy or Eoin Doyle.
Evatt signed Sarcevic and Doyle because they wanted to move back to the North West. I beleive financially they had better offers.
To me they will improve our team but i think Liam Gordon will prove to be the best signing of the summer.

Indian Dan

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Doyle signed due to length of contract offer - which is fair enough seeing its his last move. I’m sure he wouldn’t have had the same impact in L1, but no player could be expected to replicate that one, fantastic scoring spell. No guarantee, of course, he’ll be as prolific at Bolton.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Doyle definitely went for the biggest financial offer, nobody else was offering him a three year deal surely? I knew we would not be matching that.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Fulham’s promotion if the rules are the same may add some much needed income to the clubs with us all to get a slice of their parachute payment that will no longer be needed!

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Doyle definitely went for the biggest financial offer, nobody else was offering him a three year deal surely? I knew we would not be matching that.
Think Sunderland did and i am confident Salford offered the same terms

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
We have young players who will play the majority of there careers in the championship/prem lge
Yes the may be stronger,but Evatt is changing the mindset and the way Bolton have played in the last 10 years.
Once this awful virus is controlled we will have 15000 plus lge gates....Everything about Bolton is geared about moving back up the lgs
Enjoy your days out at places like Bolton and Bradford, because it will never get better for Barrow
I've been to a game at Bolton. Completely forgettable. Much rather go to Barrow

F-I-R-T-H-Y

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford 'Massive' City
Aye alright
T’is a bit soulless, don’t you agree?

Our last visit, we took 4,400 over and it was probably the most least enjoyable games that season - the 0-0 didn’t help, granted.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
T’is a bit soulless, don’t you agree?

Our last visit, we took 4,400 over and it was probably the most least enjoyable games that season - the 0-0 didn’t help, granted.
Two bad teams.....Drab playing style,but at least you stayed dry

Essex2Wessex

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
We beat Coventry home and away when they were down here.

Looking forward to doing to same with Bolton, based on the banter here.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Think Sunderland did and i am confident Salford offered the same terms
To be fair Salford may have offered the same terms, and I can’t blame him for picking Bolton over them, but Sunderland, nah.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
To be fair Salford may have offered the same terms, and I can’t blame him for picking Bolton over them, but Sunderland, nah.
Yes Sunderland and Swindon offered him lge 1 football
Bolton Mansfield and Salford offered him lge 2 football.....He was offered more than what Bolton offered but the deciding factor he was near home

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Yes Sunderland and Swindon offered him lge 1 football
Bolton Mansfield and Salford offered him lge 2 football.....He was offered more than what Bolton offered but the deciding factor he was near home
Plus a three year deal, so bigger financial package. Can’t blame him.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
if we are back in the championship after those three years...it will be money well spent

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
You should have witnessed the Championship level squad Luton apperantly assembled in the Conference.
Hahahaha, Kenny End after every game that season:

Andre Gray has now scored in 3 back to back games
Luton have now not conceded in 4 away games
Pelly Ruddock Mpanzu has tackled more players than the entire Cambridge team this season
Luton have now attempted to sign 57% of their rivals' players
John Still has completed Marion Kart on the 150CC reverse track setting every day for the last 6 weeks

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
EevU3TDXYAY4rVl.jpeg

It might not be the ritz - but at least the away fans will stay dry this season when it's finished.

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
View attachment 12947
It might not be the ritz - but at least the away fans will stay dry this season when it's finished.
Are Barrow trying to get in the Guinness book of records for building a stand with the most stanchions in it? Think I’d rather get piss wet through than have that obstructed view.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Are Barrow trying to get in the Guinness book of records for building a stand with the most stanchions in it? Think I’d rather get piss wet through than have that obstructed view.
the views actually ok - and the roof that was there before had one additional set of stanchions - so we already held the record...

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Hahahaha, Kenny End after every game that season:

Andre Gray has now scored in 3 back to back games
Luton have now not conceded in 4 away games
Pelly Ruddock Mpanzu has tackled more players than the entire Cambridge team this season
Luton have now attempted to sign 57% of their rivals' players
John Still has completed Marion Kart on the 150CC reverse track setting every day for the last 6 weeks
Steve McNulty is actuality the fittest footballer in the league

To be fair you'd expect them to put together a championship standard squad after they sold Andre grey for a world record fee.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Steve McNulty is actuality the fittest footballer in the league
he was quite a fit player when he played for us back in 2007-2009, but time has taken it's toll on his waistline and he's now one of the fattest - but that isn't to say he isn't still a very good player... just not to the level he once was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IWantCheats

Latest posts