2020/2021 L2 Discussion

Indian Dan

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Those are the expectations from our board and management team....We paid compensation to get the right man
He has brought in who he wanted.......no point just surviving season by season.
Money to be made by our owners,but only if we get back to the prem

Teams like Barrow have now peaked and they will be happy to be in this lge in 5 years time......Bolton will not
Not saying you’re not trying. I’m saying you seem to be taking it as a given with no regard for the clubs in L2 who may, actually, be better.

Posh Harry

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Those are the expectations from our board and management team....We paid compensation to get the right man
He has brought in who he wanted.......no point just surviving season by season.
Money to be made by our owners,but only if we get back to the prem

Teams like Barrow have now peaked and they will be happy to be in this lge in 5 years time......Bolton will not
You have paid compensation to get who you HOPE is the right man, but is basically unproven apart from getting a club promoted from a league that is, looking at the comments from supporters of teams in it, of poor quality.

According to Barrow fans, he was looking at some of the players you have got when he was with them, so some of the players he wanted, he wanted for a team that by your own words would be happy to be in this division in 5 years.

And your main goal threat is an ageing striker who couldn’t hit a barn door when the plagues in town for a club league 2 last season, but had a great run of form for another club for a few months.

Prem here you come....

Got to admire the positivity though.

Indian Dan

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
I think Doyle is the key.

If it’s the Swindon Doyle they’ll do well.

If it’s the Bradford Doyle they’ll be mid table.

meanderson

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton Wanderers
That famously big city of Bolton. There'll be a couple of hundred kids who are travelling away to Barrow 'ironically', and a few part-time Bolton fans who live in the area coming along for the novelty. Seen it plenty of times before.
Now, I'm not trying to be as much of an arse as Masi, but you appear to be vastly underestimating the numbers Bolton travel in.Especially if we do happen to be doing well this season, we'll fill most/all away allocations in this division.

That's of course, if any of us are actually allowed to be there.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Now, I'm not trying to be as much of an arse as Masi, but you appear to be vastly underestimating the numbers Bolton travel in.Especially if we do happen to be doing well this season, we'll fill most/all away allocations in this division.

That's of course, if any of us are actually allowed to be there.
Mate, of course there are other Bolton fans - just responding to this pillock on his own level.

I've got nothing against Bolton, I used to go a couple of times a season. But some of the fans that have popped up around social media are on another level of twattishness that we haven't been accustomed to in non-league (Notts excepted).

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Interesting to see if clubs vote to back-date the salary cap to the start of the transfer window...

Luke Imp

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Another view of Barrow’s new development.

Honestly think they should have just left it as an open terrace. If you’re not stuck behind one of the many stanchions you’ll be falling over one of those big concrete walls. More hassle than it’s worth in my opinion.
Bit of an overkill, surely?! Terrible design for a football stand, there's got to be a better way than that.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Bit of an overkill, surely?! Terrible design for a football stand, there's got to be a better way than that.
it's due to it being an existing terrace and the back wall not being allowed to take any of the weight. The alternative was removing and rebuilding the back wall including new piled foundations which would have cost 3 or 4 times as much.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
That famously big city of Bolton. There'll be a couple of hundred kids who are travelling away to Barrow 'ironically', and a few part-time Bolton fans who live in the area coming along for the novelty. Seen it plenty of times before.
[/QUOte
right ok

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
How much has that cost to do at Barrow lol? Looks like they got the local travellers to do it.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Why are you warning us? We don't set the allocations.
You'll get 1,000 max like anyone else.

Tranmere have been here loads of times and never had more than about 400.

But thanks for the advice anyway.
That is true, but our away average was actually far higher than that when we were in the NL.

Barrow is only fifty miles from the Wirral as the crow flies, but is actually a bugger to get to from here. It is easier to get to the Midlands.

Plus, we were generally terrible at Holker Street.

SuperaMoras

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton Wanderers
Mate, of course there are other Bolton fans - just responding to this pillock on his own level.

I've got nothing against Bolton, I used to go a couple of times a season. But some of the fans that have popped up around social media are on another level of twattishness that we haven't been accustomed to in non-league (Notts excepted).
As a Bolton fan I agree with this. I think in part a lot is tongue-in-cheek, and perhaps getting a bit over-excited at having a pre-season not dogged by talk of finances. I do think a certain section of our support are in for a rude awakening, though. L2 has some fantastic clubs and I can’t find a shred of evidence to suggest we have any divine right to be at the top of the pile.

A good dose of humility goes a long way.

Muzzle

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Not many of those remember the last time we were in Division 4 (yes I know, but it will always be Div 1, 2 3 and 4 to me). It was a hard slog, and we only went up on the last day of the season when both Torquay and Scunny fucked it up with (I think) 6 games to go. We're all a bit giddy, with no takeover issues, financial issues and points deduction, cut us some slack, we've had a shit few years, we'll hit reality when the season starts, and i know it will be tough, but I like feeling positive for change....roll on the start of the season

SuperaMoras

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton Wanderers
Not many of those remember the last time we were in Division 4 (yes I know, but it will always be Div 1, 2 3 and 4 to me). It was a hard slog, and we only went up on the last day of the season when both Torquay and Scunny fucked it up with (I think) 6 games to go. We're all a bit giddy, with no takeover issues, financial issues and points deduction, cut us some slack, we've had a shit few years, we'll hit reality when the season starts, and i know it will be tough, but I like feeling positive for change....roll on the start of the season
I’m too young to remember, but this was the season we got turned over by Scarborough the first game?

All this chat of being “massive” or “walking it” makes me cringe. It’s at best short-sighted and at worst exceptionally arrogant. But like you say, it’s ok to be optimistic for the first time in a while. As long as we’re not dicks about it

GEORGE

Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
I remember . Even went down to Exeter City to watch you in a night game. You had a good support there if i remember.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
I think Crawley might manage to take 96.0 people to Barrow. :)

Casey

Muzzle

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I remember . Even went down to Exeter City to watch you in a night game. You had a good support there if i remember.
Correct, i was there, skived a day off college to go. People forget how bad a season it was, as said above, we lost 4-0 at Scrborough and were struggling mid table all season, but then the last 10 matches took us through.
I’m too young to remember, but this was the season we got turned over by Scarborough the first game?
Yes, bloody awful. The poor buggers had Wolves, Us and Burnley first home matches, and their place was like a riot zone for all three matches (A wolves fan fell through the roof when they were there)
All this chat of being “massive” or “walking it” makes me cringe. It’s at best short-sighted and at worst exceptionally arrogant. But like you say, it’s ok to be optimistic for the first time in a while. As long as we’re not dicks about it
I know mate, but it is nice to feel a bit positive for a change.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
FGR have just signed Elliott Whitehouse, ex Lincoln from Grimsby.
On paper looks a good signing.
But what the F... did he do to get a six game ban?

Bottega Don

Lenging Man Down
Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
FGR have just signed Elliott Whitehouse, ex Lincoln from Grimsby.
On paper looks a good signing.
But what the F... did he do to get a six game ban?
Called Alan McCormack a pikey

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
He abuses everyone so i had a random guess....typical vale

dedwardp

Reaction score
Supports
Colchester United
In our chairman's statement this afternoon, he mentions the following about next season's match attendance:

We are making the following assumptions:
No away fans will be allowed to attend which means all sections of the stadium can be used for Colchester United supporters.
The stadium will have to be zoned to ensure those associated with the teams never cross paths with those who are not.
The number of attendees allowed will depend on how active the virus is both locally and nationally and our ability to mitigate its spread.
The numbers may vary at very short notice. The percentages allowed could rise, lower or cease altogether on a match by match basis.
We don’t know how long these measures will have to be in place for.

Tickets would be valid for a specific block, such as S1, but not for a specific seat.
The EFL will also allow streaming as an alternative even for games played at 3pm on a Saturday.
We are making the following seating arrangements to ensure that fans are seated at least 1m apart:
We will allow two blank seats between bubbles.
Every other row would be removed and replaced with a step.
Bubbles will be told that they must arrive together and when they take their seat they will be allowed to select any row but must take the furthest seat in the row that is three seats from first bubble they encounter (leaving a gap of two seats).
We are creating a unique product to deal with the following issues
The initial games for the 2020/21 season will be played behind closed doors.
When fans are allowed in the initial capacity that the governing bodies will permit is likely to be low.
The permitted number of attendees could increase at any time.
The permitted number of attendees could reduce at any time.
Allowing fans into games could be retracted at any time.
The reasons given above make our current ticket options unsuitable and a product that is more flexible is required.
I think the most interesting line in there was "every other row would be removed and replaced with a step" which reads to me that we're literally removing every other row of seating...

Shrimper92

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
43 days without a manager
36 days until our HMRC Court meeting
32 days until the new season
23 players allowed registered as part of our embargo
0 signings
0 Pre-season games arranged

Going well...

dedwardp

Reaction score
Supports
Colchester United
43 days without a manager
36 days until our HMRC Court meeting
32 days until the new season
23 players allowed registered as part of our embargo
0 signings
0 Pre-season games arranged

Going well...
I'm sure you'll have pre-season games arranged behind closed doors that just haven't been made public knowledge.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
We've released this:

All season ticket holders expected to be allowed in, we're also expecting no away fans as well as it stands.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Also random question for the Forest Green Rovers fans, I've been trying to contact your club for the last two weeks about buying a programme for our game at the New Lawn which was rained off in February (If any are still left!) - Yeah the inner nerd in me must have one for ghost games as well innit. :cool:

Sadly despite four emails to two different club emails - The Shop and Media dept, as well as private message on twitter this week, no one has got back to me on this since the end of May when I was told that once staff were back at the ground I would be informed.

Are the staff still furloughed do you know? Any advice appreciated please!

Chris FGR FGR Stroud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominion