2020/2021 L2 Discussion

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Think most of the staff aren't back yet, seems to be taking a while sorting refunds with the club asking for people to be patient, so I would wait a bit and then try again.

Maybe try to DM Henry Staelens (@HenryStaelens), Ash Loveridge (@AshLoveridge10), Ginny Smart (@SmartGinny) or Noah Dougherty (@dougherty_noah). I've found these are usually pretty good at getting back to people and are definitely in and around the club at the minute.

Last edited:

Shrimper92

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
Any news on your new manager - the Barnet boss who was favourite left them earlier today.
He's not in the running any more we've been told. Was a 5pm deadline for Molesely from Weymouth to decide but...no news

Fedora Dale

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
He's not in the running any more we've been told. Was a 5pm deadline for Molesely from Weymouth to decide but...no news
Adam Barrett? Always seemed to have a decent game against us (for Bristol R and Gills as well as Southend) and a proper leader on the pitch.

Or as a long serving ex-player does he know the job is a poisoned chalice...

SirNat

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Think Sunderland did and i am confident Salford offered the same terms
Tiresome reading a lot of these comments

Masi51, you don’t have to defend every signing to the end of the earth. Most of us Bolton fans have never seen many play a minute of football. We have to reserve judgement

But there’s also a couple on here just looking for something negative to say. Yes, Doyle has signed for us because he got a 3 year deal, but if his goals get us up, it’d be worth it. If not, then he’s got another year to hit
the same levels he did for Swindon. Seems like a fairly good gamble signing to leagues top goalscorer on a free.

‘Bolton never learn’.. what exactly does that mean? Because if it means we’re spending above our means again then you’ve no idea the circumstances which sent us into admin.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
All taken with a pinch of salt...Tried to explain how things are/was at Bolton
Some seemed semi interested. One or two generally tried to put there point across.
Others just slate us....So i just play along

Shrimpurh

Reaction score
Supports
Southend
Adam Barrett? Always seemed to have a decent game against us (for Bristol R and Gills as well as Southend) and a proper leader on the pitch.

Or as a long serving ex-player does he know the job is a poisoned chalice...
Don’t think he wants it, all the fans would have him but he’s highly rated at Millwall and been given the assistant manager role there full time I think

Sydney Posse

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
A little bit of tinkering so far, but nothing too radical, although I was surprised we did not retain one of our central defenders, who has been consistently decent for us. A couple of new players who I don't know much about. We could do with another striker unless of course Ajose finally gets over injuries and finds the form he had from his Swindon days. If Brentford sell Ollie Watkins we are in for a big windfall, which may mean we splash on a proven striker. We have a player called Sparkes who missed a fair bit of last season through injury, and if he stays injury free, will be a big player for us this season. What would scupper us is if we lost a couple of key players late in the window, but hopefully that wont happen. Quietly optimistic UTC

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
What do Exeter fans feel about having a number 9 again?

I have never been a fan of retiring shirt numbers but once you do it...

Casey

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Our Ceo has said today that the League starts on 12th but the EFL are hoping to schedule in the Capital One R1 on the 5th September and Leasing that midweek so matches could start in 3 weeks time.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Details of dates, etc... here:

Sydney Posse

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
What do Exeter fans feel about having a number 9 again?

I have never been a fan of retiring shirt numbers but once you do it...

Casey
I'm personally not arsed about it, never have understood the deal on shirt numbers. The general consensus amongst our lot is there has been a respectable amount of time since Stanno passed away now, and we've also named a stand after him. His family also gave their blessing for the number to be used again, and it will go to one of our young players who plays up front who came up through our academy.

Huntsman94

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
A little bit of tinkering so far, but nothing too radical, although I was surprised we did not retain one of our central defenders, who has been consistently decent for us. A couple of new players who I don't know much about. We could do with another striker unless of course Ajose finally gets over injuries and finds the form he had from his Swindon days. If Brentford sell Ollie Watkins we are in for a big windfall, which may mean we splash on a proven striker. We have a player called Sparkes who missed a fair bit of last season through injury, and if he stays injury free, will be a big player for us this season. What would scupper us is if we lost a couple of key players late in the window, but hopefully that wont happen. Quietly optimistic UTC
Say Watkins went for £15mil, how much would you guys get?

Sydney Posse

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Say Watkins went for £15mil, how much would you guys get?
Nobody seems to know for certain, but most believe, including Brentford fans, that we get 20% of any sales fee, although some believe it is 15%. Another bit that is unclear is whether that includes what we originally got. Quite a few prem clubs are sniffing after him. He was joint top scorer in the Championship. They have another wide player called Benrahma who is also attracting big interest, and it may come down to whether Brentford are prepared to sell both at the same time, which may prove unpopular with the fans after just missing out on promotion

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Nobody seems to know for certain, but most believe, including Brentford fans, that we get 20% of any sales fee, although some believe it is 15%. Another bit that is unclear is whether that includes what we originally got. Quite a few prem clubs are sniffing after him. He was joint top scorer in the Championship. They have another wide player called Benrahma who is also attracting big interest, and it may come down to whether Brentford are prepared to sell both at the same time, which may prove unpopular with the fans after just missing out on promotion
Base your expectations on 15% of the profit they make on the sale and any more is a bonus

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Season tickets finally on sale from yesterday...Sold1600 yesterday and around the same today.
Disapointed if we dont shift 10000,but i can understand people hanging back

F-I-R-T-H-Y

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford 'Massive' City
Season tickets finally on sale from yesterday...Sold1600 yesterday and around the same today.
Disapointed if we dont shift 10000,but i can understand people hanging back
How come you’re allowed so many in the stadium?

F-I-R-T-H-Y

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford 'Massive' City
because it holds 28000....
So it’s been confirmed that you’re allowed more than a third of your capacity in watching games?

Interesting.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
So it’s been confirmed that you’re allowed more than a third of your capacity in watching games?

Interesting.
not at all....1600 yesterday 1600 today....it was i who picked that ball park figure
Nobody can pre guess any figure

F-I-R-T-H-Y

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford 'Massive' City
not at all....1600 yesterday 1600 today....it was i who picked that ball park figure
Nobody can pre guess any figure
Well, you sorta did pre-guess.

We anticipate c7,000 capacity, yours will be around 8,000. Obviously, the club can’t just sell ST’s not knowing whether they can provide a service or not.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Well, you sorta did pre-guess.

We anticipate c7,000 capacity, yours will be around 8,000. Obviously, the club can’t just sell ST’s not knowing whether they can provide a service or not.
Family bubbles will bring that figure up.....most clubs are selling season tickets now

Muzzle

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
We are seeing if we can live stream all home matches, so buying a season tickets get your free access to that.....assuming we are allowed to stream matches

Indian Dan

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Every club is going to have to do that. Plus any fans of the away team should have to purchase the home teams stream.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Family bubbles will bring that figure up.....most clubs are selling season tickets now
Our sales are currently up on where they were after this length of time them being on sale last season. I would chalk that up though to it being first come first served and people being worried they might not get a ticket where they want if they leave it too late. Especially in the Main Stand which is the most traditional seating area, home to the sort of fans who have been sitting in the exact same seat for fifty years or more. It's sold out already.

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
The only club that will be able get its whole crowd in if there allowing 25k capacity will be us at vale as we usually average between 4500 to 5000 in 19k capacity stadium.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
The only club that will be able get its whole crowd in if there allowing 25k capacity will be us at vale as we usually average between 4500 to 5000 in 19k capacity stadium.
Hoping it’s 25% and based on 19k as should mean most get accommodated. If it ends up 30% that would pretty much cover it!

Depends if it’s stadium specific as to capacity allowed as we may benefit due to the paddock being an outdoor concourse and the opportunity maybe to allow us to expand the outdoor areas if we say used parts of the car parks near the gates. Put up temporary loos and fencing for instance. Could be done...

The no singing or shouting is a strange rule... I mean how do you sit in silence when Wozza pings a 90th minute winner flies in or for example your watching a game where Trevor Kettle is referee?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominion

Latest posts