You are currently browsing the football forums as a guest. Sign up now for free and benefit from totally ad-free browsing. Logged in members see no ads.

2020/2021 L2 Discussion

meanderson

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton Wanderers
My pick would be Nathan Thomas, obviously.

Hopefully Politic gets fit soon, too good for League 2 so deserves to get himself a move to a higher division/bigger club asap, maybe someone like Blackpool or Fleetwood?

If things go as the club are intending this season then he'll be playing his football in League 1 next year after an unrushed recovery. So he'd be looking for moves to Championship big hitters after a season in League 1 getting up to speed, but then of course we'll have been promoted again so may as well stay on with us as the biggest club in that league as well. Then it'll be Prem for him and he won't have even had to move house.

;)

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
not a cat in Hells chance Barrow would take 22nd right now....

I too expect you to go careering straight through this tinpot division. It’s definitely not likely that most of your best players from last season will turn out to be shithouse in League Two.

Compare that to someone like Jamie Cureton who plays a similar role and averaged 1 goal in 2 for us. He repeated that in multiple seasons at multiple clubs.

Jamie Cureton only ever failed at one club. The little prick.

One thing is certain Bolton have hit rock bottom and the is only one way up.

Turns out there’s another way out of ‘rock bottom’. It involves Bromley.

we signed jake caprice from tranmere. i dunno what he's like

Fast. But shit.

remember this when we only bring 80 people on a wet Tuesday in November.

TBH, you only bring around that to Orient on a hot Saturday in August.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
Our sales are currently up on where they were after this length of time them being on sale last season. I would chalk that up though to it being first come first served and people being worried they might not get a ticket where they want if they leave it too late. Especially in the Main Stand which is the most traditional seating area, home to the sort of fans who have been sitting in the exact same seat for fifty years or more. It's sold out already.

yeah my dad didn’t get his seat but has demanded he gets it back in future seasons when back to normal or he’s refused to go again.

people in that stand since 70’s in same seat been asked to move is a grumbling acceptance

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United (P)
yeah my dad didn’t get his seat but has demanded he gets it back in future seasons when back to normal or he’s refused to go again.

people in that stand since 70’s in same seat been asked to move is a grumbling acceptance
The club made it very clear the day they started taking reservations to be fair, that if you previously had a seat reserved it would be automatically reserved for you as soon as the restrictions were eased.

Did he manage to get in the main stand?

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
So it sounds like all the EFL games are able to be streamed until grounds are back up to 50% capacity. There's a vote next week on how to distribute the money in L1 but the Championship and L2 seem to be adopting the same set-up they always have done. I'm not sure all 92 Clubs use the iFollow though?

Championship - Whoever sells the game keeps the money i.e. which 'Player' you go through or via their own platform.

League One - The proposal is to base it on last seasons away attendances. So the home club will keep sales through their own 'Player' but only keep away sales up the figure the team brought last season. So, for example, when we play Shrewsbury they'll keep the sales up until 600. Anything over and above that Lincoln will get.

League Two - Home club keeps the money

Fedora Dale

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
I don't believe we've ever played Ipswich away...

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Wouldn’t just a fifty fifty split for each game even it out over the season?

Simpo

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham Athletic
Our owner and director of football, Abdallah Lemsagam and Mohamed Lemsagam, told Harry Kewell, to tell Gary Woods and David Wheater not to turn up for the Forest friendly yesterday.

Presumably because they want the money they are supposed to be paid.

For the umpteenth time, it's hard to care
about the club when you don't know what disruption is round the corner.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Our owner and director of football, Abdallah Lemsagam and Mohamed Lemsagam, told Harry Kewell, to tell Gary Woods and David Wheater not to turn up for the Forest friendly yesterday.

Wheater unfortunatly been through this with us previously

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient

This is the sort of shit our previous owner would stoop to, be careful Oldham its an all too familiar pattern emerging from what I can see. This sort of thing shouldn't be happening at a club - Let alone before a ball is even kicked.

Long term it doesn't do the morale of the dressing room much good.

Gary Woods was with us as well in the first year of the shit hitting the fan for us, I think he wasn't paid on at least one occasion as well. He was then loaned out to St Mirren in the final year of his contract because I don't think the owners liked him.................

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
We've announced that we won't be doing programmes for home games to begin with this season, at least until crowds can come back to a certain level. Can't justify the current costs not knowing how many games will be BCD.

I ain't going anymore :wub:

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
we have shifted just over 5000 season tickets since last Monday.
I can see plenty holding back until we know when we can return...this will hit every club

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
The first competitive game around the corner but no fans have had chance to watch a PSF to access their team's strengths or weaknesses.
That could make it a lottery for the betting fraternity.
So please a polite request that someone from every club posts details of all their team's PSF results.
I'd post FGR's results but don't know them all.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United (P)
The news you've all been waiting for, when Carlisle play Southend, what time will kickoff be? Well I can confirm that both games have been moved to 1pm. Southend travel to Brunton Park on the 19th of September, carlisle go down to Roots Hall on good Friday and with it being a back holiday weekend, some of our players have bar jobs to get back to so the earlier kick off really helps.

Bottega Don

Lenging Man Down
Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Both of our games against Colchester have randomly been moved to Friday nights for reasons unknown to anyone.

dedwardp

Reaction score
Supports
Colchester United
The first competitive game around the corner but no fans have had chance to watch a PSF to access their team's strengths or weaknesses.
That could make it a lottery for the betting fraternity.
So please a polite request that someone from every club posts details of all their team's PSF results.
I'd post FGR's results but don't know them all.

Most teams seem to have been streaming their pre-season friendlies from what I've seen.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
The news you've all been waiting for, when Carlisle play Southend, what time will kickoff be? Well I can confirm that both games have been moved to 1pm. Southend travel to Brunton Park on the 19th of September, carlisle go down to Roots Hall on good Friday and with it being a back holiday weekend, some of our players have bar jobs to get back to so the earlier kick off really helps.

Is it because both games are live on Sky?

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United (P)
Is it because both games are live on Sky?
While I've no doubt sky and bt are clamouring for this big ticket match, its because of the distances each club has to travel and so the players can be home at a reasonable time. There may be away fans at the roots Hall fixture too though the Brunton Park one will be BCD.

Some of our players will need to be back in carlisle in time for their shift starting in wetherspoon

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
While I've no doubt sky and bt are clamouring for this big ticket match, its because of the distances each club has to travel and so the players can be home at a reasonable time. There may be away fans at the roots Hall fixture too though the Brunton Park one will be BCD.

Some of our players will need to be back in carlisle in time for their shift starting in wetherspoon

Be surprised if there'll be away fans at any game this season tbh.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
It'll be like playing Crawley in every home match.

Interesting to see how that plays out, for example if 30% capacity we would probably be able to accommodate some away fans, but I assume it will be a blanket away ban.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United (P)
Interesting to see how that plays out, for example if 30% capacity we would probably be able to accommodate some away fans, but I assume it will be a blanket away ban.
Without away fans too, some stadium capacities would be higher, since they usually have seating covered by blankets for segregation. Will it be a percentage of that capacity I wonder

David Brent

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton Wanderers
A4DAD642-5910-4B2C-92F2-F821DF83E4A6.jpeg

Does this mean Stevenage are currently the best team in League 2?

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Our chief executive is now saying that fans could possibly be allowed in earlier than first thought, so possibly late September. Says they’ll find out next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bill55bill