Best and Worst so far

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Coming up to the half way point, and now everyone has nearly played each other once. Who in your opinion is?

Best team you've played?
Worst team you've played?
Best opposition player?
Best goal?
Best opposition support?
Worst opposition support?

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Best team you've played? - Mansfield
Worst team you've played? - Grimsby
Best opposition player? - Carlisle winger, can’t remember his name
Best goal? - any of Doyle’s 21
Best opposition support? - Plymouth
Worst opposition support? - difficult to gauge what is worst. Some clubs just have low away support. Do numbers, or lack of, automatically mean worst?

Randolph Haggerty

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
FGR
Crewe
Cheltenham’s winger who scored yesterday.
Taylor’s away at orient
Argyle
Walsall (used to be a needle match this, poor noise, considering they won)

LeonTheGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle Football Club
Best team you've played - As much as it pains me to say it, Exeter.
Worst team you've played - Morecambe.
Best opposition player - Randell Williams.
Best goal - Danny Mayor v Salford (H)
Best opposition support - Probably Reading in the cup. L2 support at our place has been crap.
Worst opposition support - Morecambe.

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Best team: Exeter, the only time I've seen us outplayed for long periods this season, until they tired after about 60 mins.

Worst team: didn't go Stevenage, so it has to be Morecambe when were beyond useless, finished 5-0 could have easily been 7 or 8. Strong shout for Swindon also given they are top they were terrible.

Best player: Randall Williams, although it was abit of mis match given Hunt had to cover for the suspended Ng.

Best Goal: Tommy Lowery Vs Salford

Best support: Villa in the cup for noise, but Morecambe were very good considering they didn't stop singing even at 5 down. Argyle on the opening day were very good also.

Worst support: Mansfield had poor numbers and didn't make much noise last week.

Roger Stone

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
Best team you've played? Crewe maybe but too much tippy-tappy fannying about at the back to cause problems against us. Plymouth and Mansfield were both half tidy for 45mins but not the full 90.
Worst team you've played? Grimsby. Made us look good recently which takes some doing.
Best opposition player? Ng. Prob best oppo performance Ive seen since we got back into the league.
Best goal? Nurse v Carlisle H. A late screamer always goes down well.
Best opposition support? West Ham in EFL Cup. Good turn out and made plenty of noise. Plymouth in the league.
Worst opposition support? Stevenage. Shit on the pitch and shit off it.

Essex2Wessex

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
1. (Didn't go to Cheltenham or Exeter, most annoyingly, so maybe one of them might fit here). Otherwise, possibly Plymouth.
2. Oldham.
3. Swindon's Ginger Pele
4. Not sure any of ours have been mega impressive, so far. But Joe Mills' last-minute equaliser against Swindon yesterday probably fits the bill.
5. Probably Newport
6. Probably Grimsby

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
Best team we played probably scunthorpe
Worst team we played stevenage or walsall
Best opposition player broom at Cheltenham
Best vale goal joyce at home to morecambe
Best support Plymouth
Worst support walsall and Mansfield numbers weren't as high as they normally are but probably down to the fact that there having poor seasons.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Best team you've played?
It really is a toss-up between Swindon and Crewe. Given Swindon would have beaten us if they didn't have a player sent off then I'm going to plump with them.

Stevenage by a mile.

Best opposition player?
Eoin Doyle - looked like he was going to score nearly every time he got the ball against us.

Best goal?
Alex Addai's goal at Swindon in the cup.

Best opposition support?
Swindon so far, but I expect Plymouth's to be good on Boxing Day

Stevenage again

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Best team you've played? - Colchester, played some really good football and had some dangerous players.
Worst team you've played? - Morecambe or Northampton. Northampton was clearly an off day judging by where they are though.
Best opposition player? - Lloyd Isgrove
Best goal? - Unless I'm forgetting one none really stand out
Best opposition support? - Oldham, always good noise for them
Worst opposition support? - Bradford in terms of noise compared to numbers

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Best team you've played? - Scunthorpe second half were very good.

Worst team you've played? - Walsall

Best opposition player? - Liked the look of Addai yesterday. Pacey and everything they did went through him.

Best goal? - Jake Taylor’s stunner against Orient

Best opposition support? - Walsalls wasn’t bad considering how bad they’ve been. Plymouth has decent numbers if I recall.

Worst opposition support? - Cheltenham was disappointing considering their league position at less than 200.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Best team you've played?

Based on the fact they dicked us 5-2 would have to say Grimsby even if the rest of their performances this season would far from indicate that.

Oldham

Best opposition player?

Addai of Cheltenham really impressed me yesterday. Was a constant threat throughout.

Best goal?

Probably Luke Joyce against Morecambe.

Best opposition support?

Plymouth

Stevenage in the league though the worst all season was MK in the cup.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
I’ve only made 4 home games so far due to my work so I can only judge Bradford Colchester Macclesfield and Scunny.

Best team: Colchester
Worst team: Scunny
Best opposition player: I seem to remember Colchester had this tricky winger who terrorised us first half but I can’t remember his name, sorry.
Best Goal: Nouble’s for Colchester against us, unstoppable.
Van Veen’s for Scunny yesterday was a great finish too.
Best and Worst away support:
Can’t really judge this as Bradford and Scunny sold it out but were both very quiet until they scored, and Macc and Colchester don’t really travel well anyway so their numbers were as expected really.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
Best team you've played? - everyone has been just as shite as the next.

Worst team you've played? - probably Carlisle or Vale.

Best opposition player? Dougherty? Swindle

Best goal? - nothing particularly stands out from recollection.

Best opposition support? - Maybe Grimsby?

Worst opposition support? - I cannae be bothered to list em’all.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Best team you've played? - On attractive style of play then it's definitely Exeter who were fantastic at our place and poor finishing cost them the win. On effectiveness then it's definitely Northampton who blew us away in 20 minutes in November.

Worst team you've played? - Toss up between Morecambe and Stevenage but Morecambe were ultra defensive against us and still let in five so I'd have to say they edge it. Stevenage were more adventurous but probably have the worst end product in the entire league.

Best opposition player? - Genuinely can't think of a standout player but I do think Andy Williams led the line superbly for Northampton against us so I'd go with him.

Best goal? - For us well we're spoilt for choice but I'm gonna go with Oli Finney's second against Stevenage on Saturday. The perfect team goal. For the opposition it's a tough one because the vast majority of goals we've conceded have been self-inflicted and scrappy. Probably would say the Eastleigh lad Barnes' consolation in the FA Cup Replay because that was a nice finish.

Best opposition support? - I'm going with the Green Army. Brought loads and made a racket compared to the three other teams who brought loads to us this season.

Worst opposition support? - Swindon. Purely for that Youtube video. That lad relentlessly sticking up Vs at all three stands for no apparent reason definitely overdid it on the Monster Energy pre-match...

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Best team you've played?
If we're talking football that's easy on the eye then it's Swindon. In second place, and I'm being wholly serious here, I would have Crawley. Yeah, like really. Re. footy that's not that pleasing to watch but gets the job done (aka effectiveness) then I'd say Northampton.

Grimsby. It's true they came here for a point and they got it, but I don't think any L2 side is that strong or good enough as to warrant the opposition to stick ten men behind the ball , which is what Grimsby did. And what's more, if there is one side that is indeed that good, then it's certainly not us, so Grimsby's game plan was uncalled for.

Best opposition player?
I don't believe I've watched a single player have that good a game against us as to make me wish he was ours. So far, of course.

Best goal?
Darling's overhead kick at Col U, and perhaps Smith's vs Crawley as well, though that goal was all about Elliott Wards' inch perfect pass from deep in his own half.

Best opposition support?
Dunno. Plymouth?

What Indian Dan said. Is it noise or is it numbers? But I'll say that for a side supposedly playing at home, Salford were very quiet. Unsurprisingly.

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
Best team you've played? - everyone has been just as shite as the next.

Worst team you've played? - probably Carlisle or Vale.

Best opposition player? Dougherty? Swindle

Best goal? - nothing particularly stands out from recollection.

Best opposition support? - Maybe Grimsby?

Worst opposition support? - I cannae be bothered to list em’all.
You taking the piss we played superbly against you first half and then defended superbly in the 2nd half when coming under severe pressure aswell as having to put up with corrupt officials.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
You taking the piss we played superbly against you first half and then defended superbly in the 2nd half when coming under severe pressure aswell as having to put up with corrupt officials.

I thought you were distinctly average for the first half hour, and it was backs against the wall stuff for the rest of the game - all of this against our string side.

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
I thought you were distinctly average for the first half hour, and it was backs against the wall stuff for the rest of the game - all of this against our string side.
Utter bull shit you just chosen a side who beat you cos your bitter about a last minute winner going in. You instead should have picked s home game where you have won easily which I'm sure there is many off. You say we were average I would say it was in the top 3 of our performances this season.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Utter bull shit you just chosen a side who beat you cos your bitter about a last minute winner going in. You instead should have picked s home game where you have won easily which I'm sure there is many off. You say we were average I would say it was in the top 3 of our performances this season.
It’s just one guys opinion mate don’t let it rile you.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams

The fact that it’s in your top 3 performances of the season and arguably one of our worst, tells you everything you need to know, really.

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
The fact that it’s in your top 3 performances of the season and arguably one of our worst, tells you everything you need to know, really.
You said you had a depleted side out when we were missing rhys Browne a winger tom conlon centre midfielder manny oyeleke centre midfielder adam crookes defender and tom Pope didnt even come off the bench there may have been others that didnt play due to injury but I cant think of them off the top of my head. All the games Bradford have won this season and you put us as the worst team you have faced your nothing other than a joke. Your just bitter on big willie popping one home to win the match in injury time.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
You said you had a depleted side out when we were missing rhys Browne a winger tom conlon centre midfielder manny oyeleke centre midfielder adam crookes defender and tom Pope didnt even come off the bench there may have been others that didnt play due to injury but I cant think of them off the top of my head. All the games Bradford have won this season and you put us as the worst team you have faced your nothing other than a joke. Your just bitter on big willie popping one home to win the match in injury time.

In the grande scheme of things, injuries played a massive part, for both sides. From recollection, we had about 10-11 players out - 6/7 being key players.

Given the number of players out, and given the fact that you were completely dominated for 60-70 mins, tells me just how poor you were - irrespective of Atkinson’s last minute winner.

Atkinson was apart of the history makers’ squad - very well regarded round here. When he scored in the last minute, even I celebrated.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Best team you've played? Bleddy Grimsby
Worst team you've played? Argyle.
Best opposition player? Doyle
Best goal? Cant remember
Best opposition support? Swindon
Worst opposition support? Macclesfield

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

We had a few players out and won, a winger at left back, best midfielder out (Manny), Cullen and Pope didn’t feature either, they only scored with a dive so meh who cares id rather he rates us as the worst with the three points in the bag.

Fact they couldn’t beat or score in open play against us says a lot for his own side.

I thought Walsall were the worst we’ve played against and they are the only team to beat us at home so! All about opinions.

I’d put FGR up as one of the best and we beat them!

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
We had a few players out and won, a winger at left back, best midfielder out (Manny), Cullen and Pope didn’t feature either, they only scored with a dive so meh who cares id rather he rates us as the worst with the three points in the bag.

Fact they couldn’t beat or score in open play against us says a lot for his own side.

I thought Walsall were the worst we’ve played against and they are the only team to beat us at home so! All about opinions.

I’d put FGR up as one of the best and we beat them!
Walsall time wasted and cheated and we dont do that. We lost to walsall cos we were crap ourselves had no shots on target and they had 1 shot on target that went in was a very poor game. We had alot of important players missing for that walsall game aswell which had they played could have changed the outcome of the match. Yeah forest green were a good side but we played them off the park especially in that first half. That forest green game and the Bradford game were 2 of our best performances this season.

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
In the grande scheme of things, injuries played a massive part, for both sides. From recollection, we had about 10-11 players out - 6/7 being key players.

Given the number of players out, and given the fact that you were completely dominated for 60-70 mins, tells me just how poor you were - irrespective of Atkinson’s last minute winner.

Atkinson was apart of the history makers’ squad - very well regarded round here. When he scored in the last minute, even I celebrated.
I've had s look at your results this season you beat Oldham at home 3 nil yet a side that beat you 2 1 is deemed the worst side you have faced proves you know fuck all about football

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Best team played - Colchester were pretty good, play in a similar way to ourselves, Crewe were also a decent side, but I would go for Newport who looked really decent against us.

Worst team played - Oldham, they just looked old and slow, we kept them at arms length for an hour...at which point they ran out of energy completely and our kids just moved up a gear. Scunthorpe looked like they had just come to batter us, two yellow cards inside the first ten minutes suggests as much, biggest mystery was why it took until time added on at the end of the game for one of their players to see red.

Best opposition player - Padraig Amond a player who I have admired for years, we did gift him a goal when we played Newport but he was a class above. Someone else mentioned Perry Ng, another fine player.

Best goal - Not necessarily the best finish but Joe Mills's second on Saturday against Swindon probably had the most riding on it, had we lost I could have seen our season petering out but coming from two down to draw with the league leaders may well give us the impetus to make this season at least as successful as the last one.

Best opposition support - Swindon, maybe that is because they are the most recent in my memory and they did make a bit of noise, or that there were undoubtedly loads of them mixed in with the home supporters and they behaved themselves. Respect for the Cumbrians who traveled down in numbers for the cup game.

Worst opposition support - Can't remember anyone...which is probably the point if they were that bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!