You are currently browsing the football forums as a guest. Sign up now for free and benefit from totally ad-free browsing. Logged in members see no ads.

Championship 2020/2021 Thread

Atavistic

Reaction score
Supports
Yaxley/Norwich City
TM-graphic-sports-Money-v2.jpg.bccb42590ec64ec9ebf627d44cbe7885.jpg

Not really sure of where else this could go, but I just thought this was rather interesting, though obviously compiled before the play-off final. Some teams massively underachieving here, while Brentford's impressive season last year and our general "success" of the last few years is really highlighed here.

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Wow didn’t realise we were literally the only club without a money man.

Only thing is just because the owner is wealthy doesn’t mean they are necessarily piling that wealth into the footbal club. No way Barnsley are having A fraction of that 7billion spent on them whereas Benham seems fully invested, literally and figuratively in Brentford.

Kenneth E End

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
There is more chance of me getting a date with Kelly Brook than Wycombe staying up.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Aye, Hemmings is supposedly worth double Mel Morris but invests far, far less.

stadium

Reaction score
Supports
Liverpool
Good to see money coming in the sport due to billionaire owners but not sure what would be the long-term effects. I hope they don't run it like just another business.

EagleEye

Reaction score
Supports
Barcelona
How does a fan owned club operate? Who manages funds and pays players etc?

Atavistic

Reaction score
Supports
Yaxley/Norwich City

Some passing statistics from the season so far. With our penchant for possession-based passing football, it's probably not too surprising to see us have more players than any other team represented in those two lists (though let's just gloss over the fact that Rupp and Skipp are probably mostly there for sideways/backwards passes).

Given the kind of statistics Buendia was coming up with in our awful Prem campaign last season (if I'm remembering right, only four players in the entire league created more chances than he did), I'm not too surprised to see him comfortably at the top in terms of "key passes". I am pleased for him, though, as he's arguably not been fully with it mentally until the last few games because of all the transfer speculation around him, so really he's only going to get better from here hopefully. At the very least, he'll once again be absolutely essential for us if we are to secure a return to the top flight.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Ledson's improvement over the last 7 or 8 months has been massive.

A year ago I would have happily seen him released on a free, now it's hard to see him dropping out of the first eleven.

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
They’ve been chucking money at trying to get into the premier league for the better part of a decade and not getting very far with it so wouldn’t be that surprising. You never want to see it though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kyle7reddy