- Jan 17, 2015
- Reaction score
- Jack Wilshere
- This is their third FA Cup meeting in four seasons. Manchester City won the previous two: knocking out holders Chelsea in an enthralling 2013 semi-final and then enjoying a convincing 2-0 home win in the fifth round in 2014.
- Chelsea have only lost once in the last 17 meetings at Stamford Bridge - a 4-2 league defeat in February 2010 when they had Juliano Belletti and Michael Ballack sent off.
- The Blues are in the fifth round for the 16th time in 18 seasons.
- Their only defeat in the last 29 FA Cup games at Stamford Bridge came after they surrendered a 2-0 lead against League One Bradford in last season's fourth round (W24, D4, L1).
- Six of their seven FA Cup trophy wins have come in the last 19 years. They have won five FA Cup finals in the 21st century - the joint most with Arsenal.
- Guus Hiddink has won all five of his FA Cup matches in charge of Chelsea.
- Manchester City won the trophy for the fifth time when they beat Stoke in 2011, but they were beaten by Wigan in the final in 2013.
- They have not lost an away tie in the FA Cup for six years since a 3-1 fifth-round replay defeat by Stoke after extra-time (W3, D3).
- City beat Premier League opposition away in each of the previous two rounds: 3-0 v Norwich and 4-0 v Aston Villa.