Stickied Confirmed Signings 2023/24

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Your best player in the second game against us was the midfielder who scored whose name escapes me, but I’m pretty sure he’s left now hasn’t he? No one else really stood out, but Wootton always seems to get goals even though I’ve never seen him ever do anything in a game. You’ll do well to replace Ellis too, he’s colossal at this level

Jake Reeves. Was very underwhelming for much of the season considering his rep, but better under Burchnall with more licence to get forward. I’d have liked to keep hold of him, but we just signed Matt Palmer as pretty much a direct replacement which seems decent enough.

Oddly enough, Wootton is kind of the opposite of that. Misses lots of chances (he had the highest xG for an individual player in the league last season, for the nerds out there), but his all-round game is so good that he’s invaluable to us. Ellis’ main contribution was constantly scoring from corners to be honest, he had a couple of great games defensively (the second half at your place particularly), but also looked very shaky with the high line we play.

Really, in terms of players, our late season form was mostly down to Ruben Rodrigues. When we signed him it seemed farcical that he’d moved to this level, but Ardley never really knew what to do with him and by the time Burch took over he’d pretty much been forgotten about. When he came back in and started playing in the centre he was ridiculous, scored and created so many goals in that run we went on. If he maintains anything like that level we’ll do very well to keep him beyond January.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
I’ve seen you post this a couple of times about Rowe and it’s starting to get a little bit odd and come out of nowhere

Those in and around the club have nothing but positive things to say about him (especially the board who are in absolute awe of him so they won’t be falling out with him I can assure you of that) , and just because he’s shifted a couple of players out doesn’t mean he’s had any ‘massive’ fallings out previously as you put it… it’s just having a ruthless edge to move people on who don’t fit with into what we’re trying to do

FFS James calm down.

I'm just going off a few things I've read online. They may just be sour grapes and completely untrue, but its given me the impression that he is very driven for success, and while that can be an excellent trait for a football.manager it can make someone a difficult person to deal with. I may be well off. The rest of my post was pretty positive about your chances this season I thought.

I'd try not to let things said on the Internet bother you so much.

Hollywood Red

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Honestly I don’t care what style of play we employ, if it gets results. If we’re going to be one of the ugly sides like Mansfield and Bristol Rovers etc, then I’m all for it. Keates tried to make us resolute and ugly.. and he succeeded :bg: But not in the way he wanted. We were too defensive, but also passive. I want a group of players who will give everything every game and be tough and a unit. We've had a soft centre for a while now, so the midfielder signings are key
Our 4 signings so far 6ft 4 , 6ft 3 and 6ft 1 x2 with possibly another 4 or 5 more to come in. Looks like we are going to have the biggest team we have ever had at this level. No more being bullied by other teams allowing our skillful players to do their thing

Steve_Wafc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham AFC
Our 4 signings so far 6ft 4 , 6ft 3 and 6ft 1 x2 with possibly another 4 or 5 more to come in. Looks like we are going to have the biggest team we have ever had at this level. No more being bullied by other teams allowing our skillful players to do their thing
That’s definitely no coincidence, thank god haha. We just may finally have a manager for this level with a bit of nous and knowledge for how to set up in this league

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Nah the Bolton bollocks blabberer is in a league of his own when it comes to being annoying, you will never be able to match him no matter how hard you try.
This one is a poor mans version of the Burnden Ballbag. He doesn't even have the benefit of history to back up his lunacy.

Steve_Wafc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham AFC
Jake Reeves. Was very underwhelming for much of the season considering his rep, but better under Burchnall with more licence to get forward. I’d have liked to keep hold of him, but we just signed Matt Palmer as pretty much a direct replacement which seems decent enough.

Oddly enough, Wootton is kind of the opposite of that. Misses lots of chances (he had the highest xG for an individual player in the league last season, for the nerds out there), but his all-round game is so good that he’s invaluable to us. Ellis’ main contribution was constantly scoring from corners to be honest, he had a couple of great games defensively (the second half at your place particularly), but also looked very shaky with the high line we play.

Really, in terms of players, our late season form was mostly down to Ruben Rodrigues. When we signed him it seemed farcical that he’d moved to this level, but Ardley never really knew what to do with him and by the time Burch took over he’d pretty much been forgotten about. When he came back in and started playing in the centre he was ridiculous, scored and created so many goals in that run we went on. If he maintains anything like that level we’ll do very well to keep him beyond January.
That’s him. He looked like exactly what we need in midfield. I don’t know a lot about Palmer, but he’s tumbled down the leagues a few times it seems.

Ah fair enough. I can only judge him on the games I’ve seen against us and on BT. He just always seems interested in the centre half more than the ball and is a walking yellow card (or red, like at your place haha). I just think that Ellis is one of those centre halves who will organise any defence and throw himself at everything, plus as you say, a threat at the other end too.

Yeah well it’s cheating to have anyone called Rodrigues in the Vanarama National League

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
FFS James calm down.

I'm just going off a few things I've read online. They may just be sour grapes and completely untrue, but its given me the impression that he is very driven for success, and while that can be an excellent trait for a football.manager it can make someone a difficult person to deal with. I may be well off. The rest of my post was pretty positive about your chances this season I thought.

I'd try not to let things said on the Internet bother you so much.
Nah don’t worry I’m not losing any sleep over it as I’m sure there are plenty of clubs at this level and the one above who’d love a manager like Rowe

I just thought i’d give my two penneth on the bollocks I’ve seen wrote on here recently about him being some kind of loose cannon ready to explode and fall out with everyone, which seems to have been gathering momentum ever since his fiery interview following the play off game against Notts…. I mean it’s absolutely incomprehensible that he came across a little bit edgy minutes after losing our biggest game of the season in stoppage time isn’t it…

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
I've got to admit, if I didn't have a reason to like James Rowe I'd probably find him a bit annoying. He's definitely got a bit of a manner about him. His huge ambition, drive and ruthlessness will turn some people against him definitely. I don't think he cares about any of that though, he just wants to succeed. All that said, he's basically saved my club and gave us reason to be proud again, so he could be Pol Pot and Jeffrey Dahmers love child spending his time volleying kids and stealing from pensioners and I'd still love him

Shrimper92

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
you released him? he was only training with you in recovery and he was listed in the official EFL free transfer list

Yeah but he was going to come back, so now it clears his wages for other playera

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
I've got to admit, if I didn't have a reason to like James Rowe I'd probably find him a bit annoying. He's definitely got a bit of a manner about him. His huge ambition, drive and ruthlessness will turn some people against him definitely. I don't think he cares about any of that though, he just wants to succeed. All that said, he's basically saved my club and gave us reason to be proud again, so he could be Pol Pot and Jeffrey Dahmers love child spending his time volleying kids and stealing from pensioners and I'd still love him
Having a ‘manner’ about you and being a bit ‘annoying’ does not translate to ‘kicking off big time’ and ‘leaving the club under a HUGE cloud’ though, that’s what I was getting at…

But anyway…. I guess that’s that, he’s viewed as a bit of a C*nt, BUT… he’s OUR C*nt

Steve_Wafc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham AFC
Having a ‘manner’ about you and being a bit ‘annoying’ does not translate to ‘kicking off big time’ and ‘leaving the club under a HUGE cloud’ though, that’s what I was getting at…

But anyway…. I guess that’s that, he’s viewed as a bit of a C*nt, BUT… he’s OUR C*nt
So will he just become a c*nt then if you’re 17th when January rolls around?

Kim Mitten

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
Ok so what are we looking at here? A centre back who it appears is playing at least a level below his standard, all because he’s been so unlucky that he broke his left and right fibula on separate occasions. Apparently played a season in the championship with Charlton, so I’m sure Les Reed knows about him. Seems decent to me. I get the one year deal, it’s smart if he hasn’t completely recovered as you don’t know until he plays. Southend fans seem to rate him (Brown wanted to keep hold of him) and then some seem to have a chip on their shoulder after his night out with the Dover players. I find it difficult to call him injury prone though, because it’s not like he keeps on pulling his hamstring or his calf etc, Ponticelli is my definition of injury prone. But let’s also not forget that Manny Smith was apparently injury prone and Port Vale fans told us Lainton was made of glass

Firstly thank you so, so much to Wrexham for getting him away from Southend United.
His time with us was desperate, he broke more bones than had decent games. My biggest issue with him was attitude and I'm not talking about going on the piss with his mates at Dover.
Is there a decent player there, yes, probably. His attitude in games is the problem, when the slightest thing went against us, we may as well have had 10 men and centre back is not where you want someone to go missing.

Every game I saw him in went the same way, he started competently, looked composed. Then either someone with pace would run at him and turn him inside out or we'd concede from a set piece and that was him done for the game basically. Shoulders slumped, head down, he'd rather be anywhere else. I don't know who rated him, I think we all just hoped the player he could potentially be showed up, I never saw that player.
The set piece thing always intrigued me as well, he was decent at set pieces, in the opposition box, with him in our own area he was muscled out of it with ease.

I'm eager to see how he'll do with Wrexham though, a team that should be near the top end of the table, Lennon is definitely not one who's up for a relegation battle.

Steve_Wafc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham AFC
Firstly thank you so, so much to Wrexham for getting him away from Southend United.
His time with us was desperate, he broke more bones than had decent games. My biggest issue with him was attitude and I'm not talking about going on the piss with his mates at Dover.
Is there a decent player there, yes, probably. His attitude in games is the problem, when the slightest thing went against us, we may as well have had 10 men and centre back is not where you want someone to go missing.

Every game I saw him in went the same way, he started competently, looked composed. Then either someone with pace would run at him and turn him inside out or we'd concede from a set piece and that was him done for the game basically. Shoulders slumped, head down, he'd rather be anywhere else. I don't know who rated him, I think we all just hoped the player he could potentially be showed up, I never saw that player.
The set piece thing always intrigued me as well, he was decent at set pieces, in the opposition box, with him in our own area he was muscled out of it with ease.

I'm eager to see how he'll do with Wrexham though, a team that should be near the top end of the table, Lennon is definitely not one who's up for a relegation battle.
You’ve had some, let’s say interesting managers though and have been in freefall with the likes of Powell and Campbell, so maybe he needs more of an older experienced head to really grab him around the scruff of the neck. I don’t expect him to lead, I’d imagine that’s where Brisley excels, and if he’s got a leader next to him, who knows, he could finally live up to his potential. I’ve seen some of your fans say he’s quick, strong and aggressive, just injury prone, but do broken bones mean you’re injury prone? Not so sure about that. I could be completely wrong and you completely right, but I’ve got a feeling that if there’s one thing Parkinson can spot, it’s a centre half

TheShayWay

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax
Well 4 days after Hyde's departure no news yet on replacements for both Hyde and Byrne. The cynic in me is believing their haggling over how many bags of skittles they get per goal.

The reasonable version wants to say. They had a shortlist of 3 players for each position and are deciding on the right candidates.

There's always the possibility that all of them have turned down the club with the smallest budget in football and we are scratting around the Sunday leagues for a panic buy.

Kim Mitten

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
You’ve had some, let’s say interesting managers though and have been in freefall with the likes of Powell and Campbell, so maybe he needs more of an older experienced head to really grab him around the scruff of the neck. I don’t expect him to lead, I’d imagine that’s where Brisley excels, and if he’s got a leader next to him, who knows, he could finally live up to his potential. I’ve seen some of your fans say he’s quick, strong and aggressive, just injury prone, but do broken bones mean you’re injury prone? Not so sure about that. I could be completely wrong and you completely right, but I’ve got a feeling that if there’s one thing Parkinson can spot, it’s a centre half

No I don't agree he's injury prone, like you say broken bones is not injury prone. If however he starts to continually break the same bones, then he will be!
He has pace but I disagree he's strong or aggressive, certainly not when defending and that has always been my biggest issue with him. He is strong and aggressive if you win a corner, but he doesn't want to defend when you concede one.
I do remember all Charlton fans would say about him when we signed him was, good luck. Could just be one of those players who you know has the potential but something in them just doesn't make it click.

I wish him well at Wrexham though, his injuries have been ridiculous with us and he needs a fresh start.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county

I quite liked Bris, but I wouldn’t call him a leader by any means. Was very much the quiet one who took a back seat in the organising, talking etc. in his reasonably fruitful partnership with Richard Duffy here.

Steve_Wafc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham AFC
I quite liked Bris, but I wouldn’t call him a leader by any means. Was very much the quiet one who took a back seat in the organising, talking etc. in his reasonably fruitful partnership with Richard Duffy here.
Maybe he was afraid of Duffy and his ridiculously long neck

1626990323003.jpeg

Steve_Wafc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham AFC
No I don't agree he's injury prone, like you say broken bones is not injury prone. If however he starts to continually break the same bones, then he will be!
He has pace but I disagree he's strong or aggressive, certainly not when defending and that has always been my biggest issue with him. He is strong and aggressive if you win a corner, but he doesn't want to defend when you concede one.
I do remember all Charlton fans would say about him when we signed him was, good luck. Could just be one of those players who you know has the potential but something in them just doesn't make it click.

I wish him well at Wrexham though, his injuries have been ridiculous with us and he needs a fresh start.
If he breaks more bones, then the lad has clearly kicked a cat at some point in his life.
Honestly he sounds like every defender you get at this level, they’ll have good games and they’ll have really bad games. He’ll need to work on his defensive work that’s for sure, but hopefully being drilled on the training ground will help him. One thing for sure is I know that Parkinson does not tolerate weak personalities on the pitch, so if he’s shirking responsibility, then he’ll hear about it. I feel more confident about his signing knowing that we have PP, as I don’t think I would be if we still had Keates because I’m sure this isn’t the first centre half that PP has had to really work with. Having said that, I can’t remember too many bad centre half signings that we’ve made in this league, we always seem to get it right (even when they’re not fancied originally), it’s the forward areas where we always fall short

Steve_Wafc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham AFC
Kim Mitten I had a quick look at the Southend team too because I see a lot of pessimism from your fans, with lots expecting more of a relegation battle rather than promotion. You have Murphy, Akinola, Ogogo and Coulson, all solid players for this level, I think you’ll definitely be up there

AJS

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax
Well 4 days after Hyde's departure no news yet on replacements for both Hyde and Byrne. The cynic in me is believing their haggling over how many bags of skittles they get per goal.

The reasonable version wants to say. They had a shortlist of 3 players for each position and are deciding on the right candidates.

There's always the possibility that all of them have turned down the club with the smallest budget in football and we are scratting around the Sunday leagues for a panic buy.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m as frustrated as you. However, we’ll be fine. Just a patience job. Wild can’t win really. We could panic and bring in bad players for the sake of it.

Alternatively, if we play the patience game, fans get on his back. It’s a lose-lose situation for Wild. Intrigued to see what he’s got lined up

TheShayWay

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax
Don’t get me wrong, I’m as frustrated as you. However, we’ll be fine. Just a patience job. Wild can’t win really. We could panic and bring in bad players for the sake of it.

Alternatively, if we play the patience game, fans get on his back. It’s a lose-lose situation for Wild. Intrigued to see what he’s got lined up
I would have thought he would want those 2 players in place for the first friendly this coming Tuesday. I'd also like to think he'd want the rest of the team to meet these players before they get into the changing rooms next Tuesday.

Hoping for some news before the weekend

Kim Mitten

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
Kim Mitten I had a quick look at the Southend team too because I see a lot of pessimism from your fans, with lots expecting more of a relegation battle rather than promotion. You have Murphy, Akinola, Ogogo and Coulson, all solid players for this level, I think you’ll definitely be up there
It's more the culture at the club and Phil Brown saying he'll rip up contracts and then basically hasn't done anything of the sort, loads of the problems remain, our owner remains. With him we have a perpetual cycle of shit, we may well do alright this season (I think we'll come about 9th, never troubling either end) but until he goes we can never be stable, new stadium or not, I just wish the majority of our fans would wake up to this.

MrGloverLover

Reaction score
Supports
Yeovil Town
Now that central midfielder Dale Gorman has officially signed for us that's a confirmed starting formation of 3-6-1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!