Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
_42090044_cleevefight203.jpg

Steve_Wafc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham AFC
Is it just me, or does Mullin look like a young Jay Harris? I’ve tried to convince myself that I’m just seeing things, but now all I see is Jay Harris, I don’t see Mullin anymore

Fyldefan

Reaction score
Supports
Afc fylde

Sir Danny Rowe is a nice guy. Just a laid back lad. No ego or bravado at all and an unbelievable striker at this level. Used to come in our sports bar after the games and have a drink. Likeable lad. I’ve not met many knobheads at this level though and as a few of my mates get paid to play I’d been out with a few of them.

You can’t really have an ego at this level can you? I’m sure there are but I haven’t met any

Reaction score
Supports
Torquay United
15K according to our local rag.
Had hoped for more but better than a kick in the balls, I guess. 15K could get us almost a full week of Paul Mullin. Is it wishful thinking to believe there might also be a sell on clause?

jojo

Reaction score
Supports
Morecambe
Wrexham is turning into an Ex Morecambe Players team You've had Holrolyd, now Macca and Mullin

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Wrexham is turning into an Ex Morecambe Players team You've had Holrolyd, now Macca and Mullin

Ah but you had Stockton and Knight Percival last season. We should just start a more formal arrangement of loaning players with each other.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Paul Mullin scored a goal every 1•4 games last season but before that it was once every 5•2 games. Which one will you get?

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Paul Mullin did the right thing in signing for The New Salford & Fleetwood FC. It's hard to turn down the massive clubs when they come calling. If 4 years of second tier footy in 156 years of history doesn't make you massive then I don't know what does.

Honestly I don't know how I feel about this. Myself I'm a prove yourself at the highest level possible type of guy but I'm also well aware that for many others it's all about the money and for others it's all down to location. For others it's both these factors. I hear we offered £3000 p/w PLUS a nice goal bonus thrown in as well. I'm not sure about his current deal but apparently it doesn't include a goal bonus so that should make it at the very least about £5000 p/w.

Like I said I dunno, all I know is he'll score a shitload of goals at this level. He won't have Wes and Joe Ironside working their socks off for him this time but if there's one thing I like about him is that he doesn't think twice about pulling the trigger any time a chance presents itself. None of this 'I have to beat my man before I can shoot' nonsense for Mullin.

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
People say he's unambitious. Is he fuck.

With a serious hat on here, I'd rather play for Wrexham, Stockport, Notts down here if that was my best money offer. Proper clubs. I wouldn't give a fuck about League One at all, the only reason people would rather play there than NL is because 99% of the time that leagues team would pay more money.

Just looking at League One, Accrington, Morecambe and Fleetwood and that's just the shit ones I've pulled from the North West. Pub league, just like this one.
What a stupid statement. The Third division is streets ahead of the National league in both technical ability , wages and crowd sizes. You have possibly picked on the three smallest. But look at others such as Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland ,Charlton Athletic ,Ipswich & Portsmouth. I can't believe anyone in their right mind would chose a National side in preferance to a Third div side unless it was very beneficial in salary terms -- which on this occassion it probably was. But in general there is a huge difference.

Steve_Wafc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham AFC
That's a lot of money for Wrexham to spend on another failed promotion season

Everyone knows they haven't served their time down here yet so won't be getting promoted.
For us it’s a lot money, but I’m still not sure if it’s a lot. The wages will be hefty, but he’s come on a free, it’s not like we’ve poached someone for 250k. Hyde was a fee, but I can’t imagine it was that large. Before pre season I expected us to be paying fees for quite a few, but that hasn’t materialised just yet

TheShayWay

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax
Jeez louise are Wrexham. Stockport. Chesterfield playing a game of one ups here. Making Notts feel small with this spending power.
Only a matter of time before one of them buys Messi out of his Contract.

Some big ego's down here though. Can be tough if players think they are the big I am. Especially if they think they are better than their own teammates.

Aberstone

Reaction score
Supports
Wealdstone
Wealdstone’s games must’ve had an average of about 5 goals a game last season. There was a spell where it seemed like every game was finishing 4-3

Aye, then we stopped scoring and were still conceding an average of 5 goals a game.

John Still

Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham
For us it’s a lot money, but I’m still not sure if it’s a lot. The wages will be hefty, but he’s come on a free, it’s not like we’ve poached someone for 250k. Hyde was a fee, but I can’t imagine it was that large. Before pre season I expected us to be paying fees for quite a few, but that hasn’t materialised just yet

Just because you sign someone on a free it does not mean it’s only wages you’re paying out, they’re will be a hefty signing on fee for a player of that standard.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Jeez louise are Wrexham. Stockport. Chesterfield playing a game of one ups here. Making Notts feel small with this spending power.
Only a matter of time before one of them buys Messi out of his Contract.

Some big ego's down here though. Can be tough if players think they are the big I am. Especially if they think they are better than their own teammates.

I don’t really know why a lot of people bundle us up with some of the others in the spending stakes to be honest. We naturally will have one of the largest budgets as the best supported club in the division (for now anyway), but I would imagine in wage bill to income terms we’re spending less than a lot of clubs in this league. Totally different recruitment model to our likely rivals at the top as well really.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
‘Not a lot’…. Take those tinted specs off pal, he’ll be the highest paid player in this league by a country mile (and probably the one above)

Not necessarily because he’s the best player, but because the competition for his signature from teams much higher up the pyramid was rife, so you’ll have had to have offered something mega for him to choose to come down here

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
What a stupid statement. The Third division is streets ahead of the National league in both technical ability , wages and crowd sizes. You have possibly picked on the three smallest. But look at others such as Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland ,Charlton Athletic ,Ipswich & Portsmouth. I can't believe anyone in their right mind would chose a National side in preferance to a Third div side unless it was very beneficial in salary terms -- which on this occassion it probably was. But in general there is a huge difference.

If I'm a 26 year old footballer who's spent my whole career to date in the lower leagues, I'm picking the best
wage on offer matched with location. People don't think of these guys as normal people involved in a short career.

I didn't say League One isn't a better standard, it is obviously by a distance but it's not this wonder league where everyone dreams of playing. It's not that exciting going to play away at Ipswich ffs. And there's loads of shit clubs in it.

I'd rather play for Wrexham than dirge like Cambridge United. I'd rather play in League One than the National League. But the money blows both those choices out the water.

Basically, League One is not a massive pull at all. The reason you don't see this switch often is because you wouldn't expect to be offered a wage that exceeds what you can get from L1 and L2 clubs from a club down here.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
I don’t really know why a lot of people bundle us up with some of the others in the spending stakes to be honest. We naturally will have one of the largest budgets as the best supported club in the division (for now anyway), but I would imagine in wage bill to income terms we’re spending less than a lot of clubs in this league. Totally different recruitment model to our likely rivals at the top as well really.
We’re also labelled with the big spender tag, yet our wage bill is actually the lowest it’s been since we’ve been down at this level… it’s just that our recruitment has improved dramatically since the new board and JR came in

The main big spenders are Stockport and Wrexham in this league, and come the start of the season (probably already actually) their wage bill will dwarf anyone else’s in this division

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Paul Mullin did the right thing in signing for The New Salford & Fleetwood FC. It's hard to turn down the massive clubs when they come calling. If 4 years of second tier footy in 156 years of history doesn't make you massive then I don't know what does.

Honestly I don't know how I feel about this. Myself I'm a prove yourself at the highest level possible type of guy but I'm also well aware that for many others it's all about the money and for others it's all down to location. For others it's both these factors. I hear we offered £3000 p/w PLUS a nice goal bonus thrown in as well. I'm not sure about his current deal but apparently it doesn't include a goal bonus so that should make it at the very least about £5000 p/w.

Like I said I dunno, all I know is he'll score a shitload of goals at this level. He won't have Wes and Joe Ironside working their socks off for him this time but if there's one thing I like about him is that he doesn't think twice about pulling the trigger any time a chance presents itself. None of this 'I have to beat my man before I can shoot' nonsense for Mullin.

Don't forget our Cup Winners Cup Quarter final appearance.

I have it tattooed across my chest so I dont forget

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Notts County have the most proven Football League players in their squad by a good distance. I bet they take a decent wage. You've had to scale down and not up so it looks like you're not spending as much. It wouldn't surprise me if across the whole board you still actually had the biggest wage bill. We've still got 5-6 who were part time with us.

Steve_Wafc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham AFC
‘Not a lot’…. Take those tinted specs off pal, he’ll be the highest paid player in this league by a country mile (and probably the one above)

Not necessarily because he’s the best player, but because the competition for his signature from teams much higher up the pyramid was rife, so you’ll have had to have offered something mega for him to choose to come down here
Oh yeah definitely, but I’m talking about big money in terms of fees and such. A lot of the players in this league will be on big wages, Madden, Quigley, Rooney, Rowe, Wright, Murphy, most of Boreham Wood’s squad and probably even someone like McCallum. It’s one of the ways you can tempt the talented ones to come

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Good luck to Paul Mullin he's deserved his pay day after hitting 34 goals last season.

I always said he should give us another year, bang in 20 goals and then get an even bigger move but maybe he just didn't fancy himself to do it in league one.

Mullin rightly got the headlines but we built the team around him with players like Ironside taking hits for him and with Hoolahan in behind he got so many chances. I have no idea about the Wrexham squad but you will need him to play with a big man and a playmaker and he will get a hatful.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Notts County have the most proven Football League players in their squad by a good distance. I bet they take a decent wage. You've had to scale down and not up so it looks like you're not spending as much. It wouldn't surprise me if across the whole board you still actually had the biggest wage bill. We've still got 5-6 who were part time with us.

We did, but I’m not sure we do any more. We’ve moved on Doyle (kind of), Reeves, McCrory, Turner and Boldewijn over the summer and only Palmer of the new boys has any notable league experience. We got all of that experience because of the weird circumstances when we came down as well mostly - we were under a transfer embargo until about four days before the season started, so all we could do was sign whatever was left without a club, and it was mostly two-year deals that managed to get us those boys. Length of contract seems to be our approach - everyone gets a two or three year deal here.

But yeah the scaling down thing is true - I’ve seen some Torquay fans hammer us for spending loads to get Nemane, but he’s basically a direct replacement for Boldewijn and will be on a much smaller wage.

We’ve got no players left who signed their deals while we were a league club - I suspect our overall wage bill has probably come down again this summer, but we’re spending it much more sensibly and getting more quality for the outlay.

Steve_Wafc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham AFC
We’re also labelled with the big spender tag, yet our wage bill is actually the lowest it’s been since we’ve been down at this level… it’s just that our recruitment has improved dramatically since the new board and JR came in

The main big spenders are Stockport and Wrexham in this league, and come the start of the season (probably already actually) their wage bill will dwarf anyone else’s in this division
Surely Boden, Tyson, Loach, Rowe, Payne, Oyeleke will all be on big wages (I don’t know if all those are still with you, mind)

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
We did, but I’m not sure we do any more. We’ve moved on Doyle (kind of), Reeves, McCrory, Turner and Boldewijn over the summer and only Palmer of the new boys has any notable league experience. We got all of that experience because of the weird circumstances when we came down as well mostly - we were under a transfer embargo until about four days before the season started, so all we could do was sign whatever was left without a club, and it was mostly two-year deals that managed to get us those boys. Length of contract seems to be our approach - everyone gets a two or three year deal here.

But yeah the scaling down thing is true - I’ve seen some Torquay fans hammer us for spending loads to get Nemane, but he’s basically a direct replacement for Boldewijn and will be on a much smaller wage.

We’ve got no players left who signed their deals while we were a league club - I suspect our overall wage bill has probably come down again this summer, but we’re spending it much more sensibly and getting more quality for the outlay.
Yeah Nemane is a good example. If we'd signed him or Wrexham had signed him, it'd be highlighted more. We started from a lower base. Because you're replacing someone like Boldewijn with him, it seems like less of a big money move.

I think across the whole board, you'd still be right in the mix with us and Wrexham wage wise.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Yeah Nemane is a good example. If we'd signed him or Wrexham had signed him, it'd be highlighted more. We started from a lower base. Because you're replacing someone like Boldewijn with him, it seems like less of a big money move.

I think across the whole board, you'd still be right in the mix with us and Wrexham wage wise.

Maybe - the one thing we don’t have any more with Boldewijn gone is a standout really big earner as you’d expect Mullin/Quigley/Madden to be, but our lowest earners probably earn more to balance it out because of what you mentioned.

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Surely Boden, Tyson, Loach, Rowe, Payne, Oyeleke will all be on big wages (I don’t know if all those are still with you, mind)
Bodens gone but the rest are on the books. Rowe will be on a respectable wage, but not 'massive'. Can't imagine the rest are on anything to shout about. We did have a little bit of wiggle room after having a good clear out though.

Reaction score
Supports
Torquay United
I'd guess our lot are more bitter about Cameron than Nemane. You must have given Cameron a fair old whack to tempt him there. But whatever savings you've made on Nemane over Boldewijn, I'd be surprised if he's not on significantly more than what we were paying him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rednwhite socks

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!