Stickied League 1 Transfer Rumours/Confirmed Transfers 2023/24

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
think with the squad we have signed up to now 4/6 2021
we will finish top 8 next season

Yes teams will have better squads than us,,,,,but today nobody squad has our quality
I agree we’ve done some good business on paper but I genuinely don’t know why you make these predictions so matter of factly... you are destined to fall flat on your face with it... we either don’t finish top 8 and everyone throws it in your face or we do and everyone ends up hating Bolton and blocking you. It’s lose lose unless your only goal is to wind people up :dk:.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
Brad Halliday signs for Fleetwood. Good luck to him always put a shift in but couldn’t handle a winger with a bit of pace.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I agree we’ve done some good business on paper but I genuinely don’t know why you make these predictions so matter of factly... you are destined to fall flat on your face with it... we either don’t finish top 8 and everyone throws it in your face or we do and everyone ends up hating Bolton and blocking you. It’s lose lose unless your only goal is to wind people up :dk:.
maybe its because i played football from the age of 5 until 38
Maybe i see a player others do not see
Yes Stevie i am confident but i dont today seen us behind Lincoln......They had two cracking players on loan from Forest and City,,,,,,Grant is/was quality as is Bridcutt.....My opinion and its only that Lincoln are miles behind us

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Doesn’t get it does he.

Edit: And makes the other Bolton fans look bad in the process.

Last edited:

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
pub really what is your issue...........................last week i said we would finish top half
Today with our signings thus far i have said top 8
you seem not to get it

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
maybe its because i played football from the age of 5 until 38
Maybe i see a player others do not see
Yes Stevie i am confident but i dont today seen us behind Lincoln......They had two cracking players on loan from Forest and City,,,,,,Grant is/was quality as is Bridcutt.....My opinion and its only that Lincoln are miles behind us
But you don’t put it across as an opinion. It’s ‘we will finish top 8’ or ‘no one has our squad quality’ etc. It’s not ‘I think we will be top 8’ or ‘I reckon we have a good chance of being top 8’. You are putting it forward as a guaranteed occurrence. With the start we had last season I won’t be making any predictions until the season is well under way. If we start badly it’ll be a much harder comeback than we had this season.

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Doesn’t get it does he.

Edit: And makes the other Bolton fans look bad in the process.
It’s been an uphill battle for a few of us since the likes of thefutureswhite started calling everyone tinpot just to deliberately wind people up. And I’m sure that’s all it is... just a deliberate wind up. Plenty of us just want a bit of reasonable discussion and to enjoy the banter during a game.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
It’s been an uphill battle for a few of us since the likes of thefutureswhite started calling everyone tinpot just to deliberately wind people up. And I’m sure that’s all it is... just a deliberate wind up. Plenty of us just want a bit of reasonable discussion and to enjoy the banter during a game.
i get that, yes i am confident..............I had all this last season when we stood 20th in the league and i was the only Bolton fan here giving it us large................I got the dogs abuse....still do, but it goes over my head.

Yes we have done good business and YES i will give it large

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
think with the squad we have signed up to now 4/6 2021
we will finish top 8 next season

Yes teams will have better squads than us,,,,,but today nobody squad has our quality
If only the 21/22 season finished today.

Some huge budgets and well established teams in this league so on paper right now is a pointless argument.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
If only the 21/22 season finished today.

Some huge budgets and well established teams in this league so on paper right now is a pointless argument.
Ipswich looking strong as do Rotherham. Sunderland will flatter to deceive again
Portsmouth are where we was last June total rebuild needed over the summer and they may struggle initially.
Ditto Wigan
Shef Wed are unfortunatly where we was 2 seasons back and i see them in a relegation fight.
Crewe will impress and play good football may threaten the play offs
Lincoln will not do as well as last season unless they bring quality loans in.
2 of Cambridge,Cheltenham and Morecambe will return back to lge 2 next May
Morecambe almost certain to finish bottom

It may only be June but things are already taking shape

Quote me if you like next May

Top 3
1 Ipswich
2 Rotherham
3 Charlton

Relegated Morecambe, Shef Wed Fleetwood Cambridge/Cheltenham

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Your whole premise appears to be based on perceived club size - Sheffield Wednesday aside (and only then because they're obviously such a financial shit-show). Your top 3 are clearly 2 of the biggest teams and the most yoyo team in recent history. I have no doubt that if Sheffield Weds were ok, you'd have Accrington going down and them going up.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Your whole premise appears to be based on perceived club size - Sheffield Wednesday aside (and only then because they're obviously such a financial shit-show). Your top 3 are clearly 2 of the biggest teams and the most yoyo team in recent history. I have no doubt that if Sheffield Weds were ok, you'd have Accrington going down and them going up.
Not really the 3 biggest clubs are Sunderland,Bolton and Shef Wed all as yet not selected as automatic promotion candidates.
Shef Wed could car crash next season as could Morecambe......Fleetwood are also cost cutting big style
All depends who both you and Cambridge recruit and hold on too........For what its worth i think if and its a big if you both can keep the majority of last years team and recruit some of the better lge 2 players from last season you both may have enough

THE LAST WALTZ

Reaction score
Supports
GILLINGHAM
Can’t believe I’m going to say this, but I agree with him regarding Charlton and Ipswich.
Mainly because they both have wealthy new owners and good managers for this level.
Rotherham I’m not so sure about.
This is their natural level.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Ipswich looking strong as do Rotherham. Sunderland will flatter to deceive again
Portsmouth are where we was last June total rebuild needed over the summer and they may struggle initially.
Ditto Wigan
Shef Wed are unfortunatly where we was 2 seasons back and i see them in a relegation fight.
Crewe will impress and play good football may threaten the play offs
Lincoln will not do as well as last season unless they bring quality loans in.
2 of Cambridge,Cheltenham and Morecambe will return back to lge 2 next May
Morecambe almost certain to finish bottom

It may only be June but things are already taking shape

Quote me if you like next May

Top 3
1 Ipswich
2 Rotherham
3 Charlton

Relegated Morecambe, Shef Wed Fleetwood Cambridge/Cheltenham
Bookmarked.

Never underestimate the win factor from teams who go up.

Anyone got info on % of teams relegated who were promoted the year before? I’d say most stay up but could be wrong.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
You’d think he’d learn after a season in league two where all the big guns failed. Bolton got out of jail because they went shit or bust in Jan.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
You’d think he’d learn after a season in league two where all the big guns failed. Bolton got out of jail because they went shit or bust in Jan.
So you think i have picked the big guns........wrong none of the three stated are in the top 3 biggest clubs in the league.
Yes i can get that you could initially start well but i await your recruitment with interest
Will you get better than Knoyle and Mullin.....we will see
Swindon and Northampton came back down last season.......The only reason Swindon came back down was that they lost both Doyle and Yates

If you stand still as you go up the pyramid you stagnate or regress
All 4 clubs that came up will have to improve there squads............Morecambe its not happening Cambridge and Cheltenham have to get better than the players they are losing and Bolton have already significantly improved already

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
So you think i have picked the big guns........wrong none of the three stated are in the top 3 biggest clubs in the league.
Yes i can get that you could initially start well but i await your recruitment with interest
Will you get better than Knoyle and Mullin.....we will see
Swindon and Northampton came back down last season.......The only reason Swindon came back down was that they lost both Doyle and Yates

If you stand still as you go up the pyramid you stagnate or regress
All 4 clubs that came up will have to improve there squads............Morecambe its not happening Cambridge and Cheltenham have to get better than the players they are losing and Bolton have already significantly improved already
I remember when you predicted Cambridge to fade away during the winter when Mullin stopped scoring and our squad was too small....

Knoyle unlikely because he will go to the championship and is that standard. Mullin is replaceable. Playing with Ironside and Hoolahan whoever our striker is will get a hell of a lot of chances.

Last edited:

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I remember when you predicted Cambridge to fade away during the winter when Mullin stopped scoring and our squad was too small....
yes i did fair play to you......got a lot of time for Bonner
Would love to be proved wrong again

The saving grace is the are a lot of teams completly rebuilding this summer and you may get enough points pre christmas to keep you up.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
yes i did fair play to you......got a lot of time for Bonner
Would love to be proved wrong again

The saving grace is the are a lot of teams completly rebuilding this summer and you may get enough points pre christmas to keep you up.
I think you will be proved wrong.

You’re very short sighted when it comes to predictions. It’s not all about budget and the size of attendances in these leagues. Clubs will punch above their weight in all leagues and to say Cambridge and Cheltenham will struggle considering we both finished above you is short sighted.

Yes you’ve made a couple of good signings but we have kept Hoolahan, a striker who got 15 goals last season who no-one talks above because Mullin gets the headlines and played the last 4 months of the season with a 20 year old CB after we sold Darling to MK for 250k and lost Cundy who was sent to Gillingham by Bristol City. That CB had come from U’23’s and never played league football so give us a bit of credit.

I think we’ll get our recruitment right again this summer and finish mid table. Bonner has also come out this week and said that Mullin hasn’t rejected our contract and is rightly keeping his options open.

LancashireTrotters

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Bolton

I don’t think that’s true to be fair.

January allowed Evatt to bring in his own players as opposed to the summer where the signings were made by the DoF who was looking to go down the so called ‘money ball’ route.

At no point did we push our finances to the limit, that isn’t something that’s going to happen under our current ownership.

It is clear though that our investment in January was much better than last summer, and the quality of our side improved ten-fold in comparison to the first half of the season.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
I don’t think that’s true to be fair.

January allowed Evatt to bring in his own players as opposed to the summer where the signings were made by the DoF who was looking to go down the so called ‘money ball’ route.

At no point did we push our finances to the limit, that isn’t something that’s going to happen under our current ownership.

It is clear though that our investment in January was much better than last summer, and the quality of our side improved ten-fold in comparison to the first half of the season.
You can dress it up how you like but you got your summer recruitment terribly wrong.

Maybe shit or bust was the wrong terminology as I don’t think you pushed your finances to the limits but you certainly went for it.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I think you will be proved wrong.

You’re very short sighted when it comes to predictions. It’s not all about budget and the size of attendances in these leagues. Clubs will punch above their weight in all leagues and to say Cambridge and Cheltenham will struggle considering we both finished above you is short sighted.

Yes you’ve made a couple of good signings but we have kept Hoolahan, a striker who got 15 goals last season who no-one talks above because Mullin gets the headlines and played the last 4 months of the season with a 20 year old CB after we sold Darling to MK for 250k and lost Cundy who was sent to Gillingham by Bristol City. That CB had come from U’23’s and never played league football so give us a bit of credit.

I think we’ll get our recruitment right again this summer and finish mid table. Bonner has also come out this week and said that Mullin hasn’t rejected our contract and is rightly keeping his options open.
Yes you will get one or two punching above there weight every league gets a few teams each season, but you and Cheltenham to a lesser extent did that last season in the league below

Anyway good luck next season

LancashireTrotters

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
You can dress it up how you like but you got your summer recruitment terribly wrong.

Maybe shit or bust was the wrong terminology as I don’t think you pushed your finances to the limits but you certainly went for it.
I’m not dressing anything up, I absolutely agree the summer recruitment was extremely poor. That’s why the club let the DoF go halfway through the season.

Club tried something, it didn’t work unfortunately. Luckily the club was quick to rectify it, allowing Evatt and his staff to have free reign on recruitment from January onwards. That definitely need work. Let’s hope it continues this summer. Certainly looks positive bringing in Afolayan permanently, signing the lad Johnston, and apparently closing in on Sheehan.

nelsonpfc

Reaction score
Supports
Pompey
I haven't paid a lot of attention but isn't Walt Disney fella still involved with you lot? What's happened to the money?
Never really had money to spend over what we make. He said from the beginning they would make us sustainable and wouldn't be throwing money at signings..most of our income is the 18k every home game which obviously has been missing. Our money we got for Lowe and Clarke got used up throughout the last year to keep us running and debt free. Budget is reduced this season.

eric read

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Never really had money to spend over what we make. He said from the beginning they would make us sustainable and wouldn't be throwing money at signings..most of our income is the 18k every home game which obviously has been missing. Our money we got for Lowe and Clarke got used up throughout the last year to keep us running and debt free. Budget is reduced this season.
I think Ryan Williams will be a good signing for us, assuming that it happens, which seems likely. He's the sort of aggressive winger we've been missing. We had him on loan from Fulham about seven years ago, but he was a bit lightweight then, and seems to have toughened himself up a bit.

What are Portsmouth fans' thoughts on him?

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Williams is a very hard worker. Lacks an end product though. Crossing isn't great and doesn't score many.

If you want a busy player who's always ready to receive the ball and move it on, then he's your man.

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Apparently we're in talks with Jayden Stockley. Definitely in need of a strong striker who scores goals so would be great to get this over the line.

We had him on loan for a couple of months five years ago and he did pretty well for us.

TractorBoys

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town
We're still sniffing around Colby Bishop from Accrington Stanley. I'd take him.

Meanwhile, QPR lead the chase to sign Dozzell. Contracted till 2024 but told he can leave, I imagine we'll see a fee of around £1.5m which will help boost our turnover for wages.

LancashireTrotters

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Apparently we’re looking at full back Max Clark, been in Holland the last 3 years at Vitesse before a spending the last couple of months of this season at Hull City.

This would be an alternative to Declan John should he decide to go elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!