Stickied League 1 Transfer Rumours/Confirmed Transfers 22/23

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Wow! This may be the quickest "newly promoted optimism" to "wheels have come off" in history. 4th of August.
Barton keeps saying we will do what needs to be done by the end of the window, but we could have lost 15 points and out of 2 cups by then.
FGR lost their best players (and manager) and still looked far better than us. Still confident we will get better and better but annoying having to suffer what is looking like yet another poor start.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
In one of those cups you gave to play us and we are too shy to leave our own half!

Casey

cookiemonster

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
and you still beat us!
We have just told 3 they have no future here and are no longer training with the club. One of which is Trevor Clarke who signed a new 2 year contract recently :ffs:
Just shows how piss poor we were on Sat when 2 of the starters arent even training with us anymore.
No new signings in over a month now, 2 winnable games have turned into damage limitation games.
How on earth does Mr Barton go from 'We are delighted to secure the services of Trevor' to telling the bloke he is surplus to requirements within less than a month? That suggests something is badly wrong somewhere.

FGR-Star

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
and you still beat us!
We have just told 3 they have no future here and are no longer training with the club. One of which is Trevor Clarke who signed a new 2 year contract recently :ffs:
Just shows how piss poor we were on Sat when 2 of the starters arent even training with us anymore.
No new signings in over a month now, 2 winnable games have turned into damage limitation games.
More worrying for you, we outplayed Bristol Rovers too.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Barton keeps saying we will do what needs to be done by the end of the window, but we could have lost 15 points and out of 2 cups by then.
FGR lost their best players (and manager) and still looked far better than us. Still confident we will get better and better but annoying having to suffer what is looking like yet another poor start.

Is him doing that just a reaction to losing on Saturday? Seems a bit of a chaotic way of managing. Suppose he is in credit for promotion so now is the time to make these kind of moves.

Shit happens on the opening day, in about a months time it will be long forgotten.

TractorBoys

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town
Wickham to FGR is ridiculous, he should have retired so many years ago. Poor signing.
He's destined to score on Saturday obviously, but he won't play more than 10 games this season.

Stripes

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
Wickham to FGR is ridiculous, he should have retired so many years ago. Poor signing.
He's destined to score on Saturday obviously, but he won't play more than 10 games
Well apparently needs a week or two before coming into contention. But you never know, may get a bench seat. I think this story is ripe for a happy ending. He will be at a club that will appreciate him for his experience. He could be a leader, the premise is good this time. He won't be under quite the same level of scrutiny and expectation. He's survived a run of games last season, so I reckon he has a super chance to make a decent contribution. Classic recycling.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Well apparently needs a week or two before coming into contention. But you never know, may get a bench seat. I think this story is ripe for a happy ending. He will be at a club that will appreciate him for his experience. He could be a leader, the premise is good this time. He won't be under quite the same level of scrutiny and expectation. He's survived a run of games last season, so I reckon he has a super chance to make a decent contribution. Classic recycling.
He's a fucking great bloke and I wish him nowt but the best, his missus and father in law are big big Wednesday fans and his son has been saddled with us as his club an all.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Lincoln guys, is Norton-Cuffy ready for the Championship?

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Lincoln guys, is Norton-Cuffy ready for the Championship?
Yep, he was too good for L1, you could see that pretty early on in of his home debut.

He's only 18 I think but physically he's well, well beyond his years. Very quick, strong and good dribbler. Final ball is decent enough for someone of his age. Defensively needs improving at times but that's something that'll come with experience. His pace will get him out of trouble anyway.

I know these are best bit type videos but it gives you a good indication of where he's at:

Reactions: SF_

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
We're aiming to sign four more players - three loans, one permanent. The loans will be attacking players and I'm assuming (hoping) the permanent will be a midfielder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexeenkozv