League 2 General Chat/Match Thread

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Any Cheltenham fans planning on making the trip up to Carlisle on Tuesday night, I’d change your plans. The match will be off.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I did Carlisle on a Sunday afternoon once and that was disappointing enough. No way I'd do it on a Tuesday

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Doesn’t look like being postponed after all, which is staggering considering the pictures I saw of the surrounding areas last night

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Well hello.

Southend at home for us on Saturday and it could be the match that pretty much reveals who the worst team will be this season...

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
it will either be 0-0 or 7+ goals...
Nil nils are usually those eagerly awaited top of the table clashes.

So for this one I'll go 7-0 to Southend.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC

if that happens you'd best hope they still don't have fans in when we play you early October.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
if that happens you'd best hope they still don't have fans in when we play you early October.
Im not worried about Barrow.

Even if we still are the shittest team by then. The occasion will be too much for you and I can see you crumbling, fans or no fans.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green

7-0 to Southend is 350-1 on BetVictor, but 10-0 Southend is only 200-1 on PaddyPower. Weird.

Not sure I'd lump on either tbh.

Shrimpurh

Reaction score
Supports
Southend
Carlisle will not have a better chance to get 3 points than Saturday.

Shrimper92

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
We have 42 days to pay £493k or we're bust. Still under embargo so that's one relegation spot sorted

Shrimpurh

Reaction score
Supports
Southend
We had our Winding up hearing today. We have made partial payment we still have a debt of 493k to be paid by 28th October so hearing was adjourned for now

Would imagine embargo still in place so likely we are relegated as our squad is nowhere near enough.

Macclesfield have been wound up.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
We had our Winding up hearing today. We have made partial payment we still have a debt of 493k to be paid by 28th October so hearing was adjourned for now

Would imagine embargo still in place so likely we are relegated as our squad is nowhere near enough.

Second after Bury.......Not a good day for football Think another couple will go this season even if we can get fans back in

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton

Its a shit place to be.....Southend are where was at 18 months ago..Lucky enough we got investors
Doubt we would today.
I think Wigan are going to struggle and Further up the food chain the are teams that owe amounts that they can never dream of paying back,

Shrimpurh

Reaction score
Supports
Southend
Its a shit place to be.....Southend are where was at 18 months ago..Lucky enough we got investors
Doubt we would today.
I think Wigan are going to struggle and Further up the food chain the are teams that owe amounts that they can never dream of paying back,
Hopefully we can raise the money but unsure if Ron would entertain outside investment he seems to want to deal with this completely on his own.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Hopefully we can raise the money but unsure if Ron would entertain outside investment he seems to want to deal with this completely on his own.
He likes to play chicken with the taxman...but i think you need to invest if you are to stay in the lge

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Of course not. Doesn't want anyone muscling in on his long-game megaprofits from the land sale of Roots Hall.

Shrimpurh

Reaction score
Supports
Southend
Of course not. Doesn't want anyone muscling in on his long-game megaprofits from the land sale of Roots Hall.
Strange one really. The council have guaranteed the future of the club by confirming they will pass the the plans with 500 houses they just need to be submitted. If this really is the case then if the club was really starring down the barrel of a gun then you would think it wouldn't be hard to find an investor as there is some serious cash to be made. The club going belly up is not in Ron's interest as he would kiss goodbye to 10+ million his other companies are owed by the club. Surely it makes sense to lose a % than club go bust and get sweet fuck all. He must have some sort of plan to prevent it getting to that.

Jeremy Beadles Sex Claw

Reaction score
Supports
Vale
Southend and Carlisle - buck your FUCKING ideas up. You are not allowed to be relegated as long as Stevenage are in the football league.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Southend and Carlisle - buck your FUCKING ideas up. You are not allowed to be relegated as long as Stevenage are in the football league.
You'll have to tell that to our senial owners. :dry:

Because they're the ones who need to pull their arthritis fingers out.

Luke Imp

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City

You lot continue to baffle me. I don't know how Ron keeps getting away with it because he seems to operate in a 'just in time' way constantly.

So in short, he's trying to build a new stadium (as he has been doing for years? Wasn't there a supermarket involved in it at some point or am I thinking of another club?) and bank the profit off the sale and development of Roots Hall? Isn't he in too deep now to make any money from it because he's been propping you up for years?

Shrimpurh

Reaction score
Supports
Southend
You lot continue to baffle me. I don't know how Ron keeps getting away with it because he seems to operate in a 'just in time' way constantly.

So in short, he's trying to build a new stadium (as he has been doing for years? Wasn't there a supermarket involved in it at some point or am I thinking of another club?) and bank the profit off the sale and development of Roots Hall? Isn't he in too deep now to make any money from it because he's been propping you up for years?
He is in too deep the club owe him about 15 million quid. The only way he can get any of this money back is to complete the development or someone else buys the club but he’s certain he can push this development through and that would be biggest earner for him. If we don’t move we really are fucked the club loses so much per year and who will want to buy us.

Sainsbury’s were involved as they wanted to build on roots hall this is many years ago then we had the financial crash he went skint Sainsbury’s pulled out after loaning the club money which has now all been paid back so that plan is gone. Now, it’s housing for the whole thing. The council main goal is housing as they are well behind in new housing quota so the new development they are behind. It was going to be a leisure park but didn’t work for the council as there is a similar development already planned for the town. So with the councils backing actually looks like possible but we need to pay this tax bill to move forward and stop the rot on the pitch

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I will predict this now....No relegation this year Unfortunatly some teams will not make the end of the season

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volok