You are currently browsing the football forums as a guest. Sign up now for free and benefit from totally ad-free browsing. Logged in members see no ads.

Stickied League 2 Transfer Rumours/Confirmed Transfers 2020/2021

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
This is our issue, we’ve lost 4 lads to Man City, Stoke and Wolves, big money apparently but dare say most will be lost in the system where as at Vale or Cambridge you’ve got a chance if you have talent to break into the side in time.

Foden aside I can’t think of many at Man City who have done it in recent years! Sancho got out and rebuilt himself but.
Man City are slowly putting more youngsters in, with the likes of Eric Garcia, Liam Delap (Son of Rory), Tommy Doyle and Cole Palmer have slowly been put in their first team in the last 18 months.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Man City are slowly putting more youngsters in, with the likes of Eric Garcia, Liam Delap (Son of Rory), Tommy Doyle and Cole Palmer have slowly been put in their first team in the last 18 months.

Unlikely to become regulars when sniffing around Messi though. Harwood-Bellis had a sniff but disappeared again.

More chance of playing for the likes of Vale, Orient etc. How many of these kids are lost because they are in academies that train them to ping the ball around like Barcelona but don’t teach them proper football.

As we played Liverpool our pundit who is Vale legend Phil Sproson (an agent now) was saying that the ones who make a career are the ones like Grealish for example who can take the rough and tumble... but a lot of them can’t.

We’ve beaten every single one of the U21s we’ve faced since they entered the competition and each time they play it nice but can’t cope with us when we get stuck in and go at them. Liverpool with our high press where opened up time and time again.

If you don’t make it at Man City but have been taught to play like you play for them with loads of passing and pretty football but don’t have the nous and physical capabilities you’ve no chance to dropping down the EFL and getting a career there.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
This is our issue, we’ve lost 4 lads to Man City, Stoke and Wolves, big money apparently but dare say most will be lost in the system where as at Vale or Cambridge you’ve got a chance if you have talent to break into the side in time.

Foden aside I can’t think of many at Man City who have done it in recent years! Sancho got out and rebuilt himself but.
Teams in lge 2 benefit way more than the premier league when it comes to Academy players.
Yes it can be galling if a team takes a 14 year old from your Academy for what seems a pittance, but how many players have been coached at a premier league academy from say age 10 through until they are 18, not quite good enough and a lge 2 then sign them for the first team.......Thousands and Thousands of pounds would have been spent coaching him.......yes its a two way street

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Holloway announced on Saturday that Bilel Mohsni had been released already.

Moshni however has other ideas, he’s tweeted that this isn’t true and followed up with a video showing the electric scooter that he’s going to ride into training on. He followed that up with a bizarre video of him doing extra training on the beach.

To be continued...

Bottega Don

Lenging Man Down
Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
It's quite remarkable Grimsby have the most decorated manager in the league and still continue to be a circus

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
It's quite remarkable Grimsby have the most decorated manager in the league and still continue to be a circus
I think it’s the couple of old dinosaurs running the club that are the issue, I’m worried that Holloway is realising what the rest of us have known for years.

Fenty apparently told Holloway that the negotiations had been completed and he’d gone, turns out that wasn’t true and Mohsni trained today.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
I think it’s the couple of old dinosaurs running the club that are the issue, I’m worried that Holloway is realising what the rest of us have known for years.

Fenty apparently told Holloway that the negotiations had been completed and he’d gone, turns out that wasn’t true and Mohsni trained today.
This is it essentially. There are a variety of factors at play, but ultimately it comes down to the board's unwillingness to roll with the times. Some credit is certainly due for running the club sustainably but beyond that so many facets of the culture of the club are either rotten or outdated.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
This is it essentially. There are a variety of factors at play, but ultimately it comes down to the board's unwillingness to roll with the times. Some credit is certainly due for running the club sustainably but beyond that so many facets of the culture of the club are either rotten or outdated.
One of Holloway's comments post-match did confuse me because he said, and I can't recall exactly, something along the lines of that because your Scout couldn't get into game you had prepared for Tranmere to play in a way that they didn't.

There's all sort of video analysis set-ups/tools out there now to use to be able to watch games if you can't physically get there.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
One of Holloway's comments post-match did confuse me because he said, and I can't recall exactly, something along the lines of that because your Scout couldn't get into game you had prepared for Tranmere to play in a way that they didn't.

There's all sort of video analysis set-ups/tools out there now to use to be able to watch games if you can't physically get there.
Oh yeah, very doubtful that we're up to speed on that front. You're talking about a club that lost Paul Hurst because they wouldn't invest in expanding and improving the fitness coaching staff/facilities, despite promising it.

Bottega Don

Lenging Man Down
Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United

Do you think Holloway might walk?

Could see a North Lincolnshire relegation battle I think if he does go

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Do you think Holloway might walk?

Could see a North Lincolnshire relegation battle I think if he does go
He’s been very vocal in the fact he wants to sort the club out from top to bottom or die trying. I’d be surprised to see him walk.

You sense this could all be the catalyst for a proper revolt for change when this all blows over. We’ve got cash in the bank so I’d happily see us being fan owned for a while with a view to getting a proper owner in. With Holloway in charge and a proper owner in place this club has such a fantastic opportunity to grow but Fenty & Day will forever hold us club back.

Shrimpurh

Reaction score
Supports
Southend
We’ve offered a contract to Calvin Andrew and are waiting a response. A big lad up top is definitely required. Ron Martin hopes embargo will be lifted which would mean Sam Hart, Sim Akinola and potentially Andrew all could play

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Calvin Andrew was comically bad for Mansfield, I think Bowery is a bit of a better version.

He did score his one and only goal at Chesterfield though!

To be fair I can’t see him hurting Southend chances all considered!

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Calvin Andrew was a real odd one, signed for us during the season we scored goals for fun to back up Pope and Lee Hughes and was awful! Bear in mind this side was the highest scorers in the top 4 leagues that season he scored once... with his arse when Doug Lofts strike deflected in off him!

Since then every time he played against us for Rochdale he usually scored!

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
We’re continuing to extend goalkeeper Jokkul Andreasson’s weekly loan from Reading while Ward and Maxted are out.

He’s been class so far and I’d love us to sign him permanently one day.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Looking to sign someone called Corey Blackett Taylor from Tranmere Pre Contract in January
Is he any good Tranmere Fans.....Will he do a job for us next season in league 1???

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers

That was a strange comment. Firstly doesn't Holloway look at any footage of teams they're playing, as most managers do. Secondly, we used the same formation that we had for the previous couple of games, so shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone who prepared fully for the game.

Last edited:

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
That was a strange comment. Firstly doesn't Holloway look at any footage of teams they're playing, as most managers do. Secondly, we used the save formation that we had for the previous couple of games, so shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone who prepared fully for the game.

Might beat Grimsby as any manager who does his homework can see how we play and easily stop us. If he’s negligent we might get 6 points in our quest for safety’

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
It really does come across at best like a semi-professional set up behind the scenes at Grimsby.

Shrimper92

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
Got Greg Halford on trial. Not played a game since July.

This club

Fedora Dale

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
Calvin Andrew was a real odd one, signed for us during the season we scored goals for fun to back up Pope and Lee Hughes and was awful! Bear in mind this side was the highest scorers in the top 4 leagues that season he scored once... with his arse when Doug Lofts strike deflected in off him!

Since then every time he played against us for Rochdale he usually scored!
Yeah, Calvin's goals seemed to dry up after Vale went down. Good bloke though, and always put a decent shift in. And 100% reliable at scoring in penalty shootouts (blasted hard into the top corner and unsaveable).

Sam Hart's a decent signing for the Shrimpers as well. Very competent left back.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Yeah, Calvin's goals seemed to dry up after Vale went down. Good bloke though, and always put a decent shift in. And 100% reliable at scoring in penalty shootouts (blasted hard into the top corner and unsaveable).

Sam Hart's a decent signing for the Shrimpers as well. Very competent left back.
Hart did well for us actually as a kid in the relegation season. Came in did a job in a poor side

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Yes, very comfortable on the ball for this level - can play at CB or RB well. Good signing.

Would have Bennett over any our central defenders right now. He is very solid.

You lads weren’t wrong about Rhys Bennett. He’s been quality so far, looks way above League 2 level, far too easy for him.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United (P)
You lads weren’t wrong about Rhys Bennett. He’s been quality so far, looks way above League 2 level, far too easy for him.
Gotta feel for Rod Mcdonald who was doing really well before his injury and has now lost his place, but having three decent centre backs is foreign territory for us.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Gotta feel for Rod Mcdonald who was doing really well before his injury and has now lost his place, but having three decent centre backs is foreign territory for us.
McDonald was doing alright, but always worried me when he faced his own goal with his lack of pace. Bennett is big, strong, decent on the ball and can also run. Vital that we sign him up beyond January.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxbradleyuol