You are currently browsing the football forums as a guest. Sign up now for free and benefit from totally ad-free browsing. Logged in members see no ads.

Stickied League 2 Transfer Rumours/Confirmed Transfers 2020/2021

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Barrow doing what we did when we came up. Get to January, realise the a lot of the players that got you up are not good enough to keep you up and then bring in some solid league 2 experience. It worked for us expect it will for Barrow too.
We actually did the opposite and let most of ours go and it was working pretty good too as we were in the play offs until Hurst’s head got turned by the glamour of Shrewsbury Town.

Firthy_BCAFC

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
Couple of rumours suggesting we’ve gone back in for Will Grigg. We tried last season but he turned us down because he didn’t want to drop into pits of League Two. He’s sidelined at the minute for another couple of weeks, and it’s thought prior to his injury, talks were in advanced stages.

Rather ironic that Charlie Wyke, ex City lad, keeps Grigg out of the team currently (injury aside).

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
We're rumoured to be signing striker Josh Davison on loan from Charlton. We're the second lowest scorers in the top 10 and need some extra firepower, this lad has done pretty well on loan at Woking so hope he can carry that on here if he signs.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Tav Campbell has gone on loan to Halifax for the rest of the season. There's a player there itching to break out, but it's telling that he hasn't really settled anywhere yet.

Hoping this means we have someone coming in imminently, although apparently we're struggling to get new signings over the line.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
JMD, Ollie Banks and Devitt? Well Barrow definitely aren't staying up now.

They're absolutely fucking Going For It™.

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Congrats on Barrows promotion. What day is the open top bus booked for?

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Josh Davison now confirmed, on loan from Charlton till the end of the season.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC

Made a couple of sub appearances for us. Didn't see enough of him to form an opinion as to whether he was any good.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
he didn't get much game time and didn't score. His best performance was him 15 min cameo at Grimsby who couldn't cope with him physically. He hit the post and had 2 deflected wide for corners, but we lost 1-0.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
I liked Reid, and the one start he made when the crowds were back, he was the one who was making things happen and drawing the applause. One of those where he'd be described as "a bit raw", but looks like he's got ability. I think we'd have kept him as our third choice striker but Birmingham want him playing more.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Josh Davison now confirmed, on loan from Charlton till the end of the season.

Interested to see how he gets on.

Looked out of his depth last season in the Championship as you would expect but still scored against West Brom. Lively player and scored a few for Woking this season.
Thought he would be in and around our squad this season to be honest so I think he’ll do ok at L2 level.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Devitt to Barrow now confirmed.

A huge revamp of the team, but this is the one I have the most doubts about. Seems injury prone, though Carlisle fans were desperate to get him back in the summer.

LS Bantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Colchester sign Oteh from QPR, ‘Here’s what he can do’ video released, first clip shows Hope Akpan scoring.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Devitt to Barrow now confirmed.

A huge revamp of the team, but this is the one I have the most doubts about. Seems injury prone, though Carlisle fans were desperate to get him back in the summer.

Did you rate John Rooney? If you did, Devitt is 3 or 4 times as good as him so you should be happy. Ask Morecambe fans if he’s good, they’ll tell you the same as me.

We were desperate to get him back at the start of the season as he will get goals and assists, but the way our manager has changed our team we simply wouldn’t have room for a number 10 type player now. So at this stage i wouldn’t have wanted him to come back just to be an impact sub.

Great signing for barrow. If your manager uses him correctly and he gets a regular run of games, he’ll score the goals and create the goals that will move you up the table sharpish.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Barrow definitely spending way beyond their means here, surely?

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
I imagine Devitt won't have been asking for a fortune, he's had a tough few seasons and will just be keen I'm sure to get his career back on track on a standard L2 salary.
Not sure I agree with that, he's done that once with Morecambe and is about as nailed on as you can get as someone in this division who can provide goals and assists given a decent chance. He knows this as does his agent, I don't think a tough spell at known basket case Bradford has blotted his copybook too much. No idea really how he did at Newport, but someone further up alluded to the fact that he needs a run of games to kick on and I'd go along with that. A player that's been the top assister (on more than one occasion I think?) in the division in recent years isn't gonna drop their wage demands by much at 30 years old.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxbradleyuol