You are currently browsing the football forums as a guest. Sign up now for free and benefit from totally ad-free browsing. Logged in members see no ads.

Stickied League 2 Transfer Rumours/Confirmed Transfers 2020/2021

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
We will definitely sign Mark Ellis, we've already got 7 million defenders so one more can't hurt.

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Imagine using loan players to build a team. LOL.

RIP Yeovil and their stupid model.

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
We’re signing Lenell John-Lewis and I wish I was kidding

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
We loaned him for a season......is that not contractually binding?
Not necessarily.

Last season we got done last minute by Tyler Walker being recalled by Forest, albeit they had to pay us to cancel the loan (in the form of Liam Bridcutt rather than money in the end), whereas this season they all had recall deadlines of mid-January.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Just heard Crawley and Scunthorpe bid the same amount for Davide Rodari but the player choose Crawley as it's a lot closer to home. (Source Hastings Utd chairman on website).

I must say Scunthorpe have a wide net for looking at players.

Casey

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Embleton said on Saturday he hopes to bring in another defender this week - Hopefully a right back.

Also we've been linked with Omar Bogle from Charlton, Lee Angol injured his other hamstring on Saturday against FGR so will likely be out again for 6-8 weeks if its a serious as the other two times he's done it since he signed for us.

Plus with Danny Johnson injured for probably at least another month we're a little short of striker options, Ruel Sotiriou can play there but hasn't had enough game time due to injuries and has struggled for fitness this season so hasn't shown as good a form as he did last season when he has played.

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980
If you’re happy with signing a player who was bang average in the conference 6 years ago then you’ll no doubt be happy to go back there.

I'm happy signing a player that is better than any striker we currently have and who was a regular with Payne for Shrewsbury league one play off campaign a couple seasons ago. You forget Hurst doesn't just sign on technical ability but also what they bring to the dressing room. Listening to his previous signings and the respect they have for Hurst should tell you that

He's done more with his career along with Hurst than town have done since we got promoted.

Though if you are happy limping along with a strikers that have either been with us for two relegation fights or strikers signed by Holloway that have done nothing higher than about step 7 that's up to you.

Bottega Don

Lenging Man Down
Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Just heard Crawley and Scunthorpe bid the same amount for Davide Rodari but the player choose Crawley as it's a lot closer to home. (Source Hastings Utd chairman on website).

I must say Scunthorpe have a wide net for looking at players.

Casey
We're that bad up front we're looking everywhere and anywhere

Bottega Don

Lenging Man Down
Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Can you recall a player in the same transfer window you loaned him out?

If you can then I don't understand why Bolton wouldn't recall Taft

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Can you recall a player in the same transfer window you loaned him out?

If you can then I don't understand why Bolton wouldn't recall Taft

Think it all depends on the terms agreed - Scunthorpe might've insisted on no recall clause.

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
I'm happy signing a player that is better than any striker we currently have and who was a regular with Payne for Shrewsbury league one play off campaign a couple seasons ago. You forget Hurst doesn't just sign on technical ability but also what they bring to the dressing room. Listening to his previous signings and the respect they have for Hurst should tell you that

He's done more with his career along with Hurst than town have done since we got promoted.

Though if you are happy limping along with a strikers that have either been with us for two relegation fights or strikers signed by Holloway that have done nothing higher than about step 7 that's up to you.
Not being happy with Lenell John-Lewis doesn’t mean I’m also happy with what we’ve got.

That defeatist ‘there’s nobody else’ attitude is exactly why we’re in this mess

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Not being happy with Lenell John-Lewis doesn’t mean I’m also happy with what we’ve got.

A huge problem Hurst has faced in Jan is knowing that we've got a run of fixtures against all the sides around us, but also knowing the best deals in this window for lower league sides get done towards the end of it. So does he limp on with what he's got and go all out for some top targets, praying Hanson stays fit and gets up to speed in the meantime or does he go for a few tried and tested options that aren't ideal but could be good enough to patch us up and get us over the line and also give us a bit of flexibility to bring in another attacking player in the last few days of the window? That seems to me to be a tough balancing act.

I see both sides of yours and Gladders arguments on LJL, it's not ideal and doesn't set the pulses racing, however he was definitely better than bang average for the fifth tier when he left here and went on to do alright at Newport. But that was then, of course. I suspect he has been brought in as a safeguard against Hanson's fitness as they're essentially going to be playing the same role in an XI. Gonna have to admit though, there's definitely more than a small part of me that would like to see Hamez and Lenny up front in a two. Surely it can't happen, surely it would never work...but if it does? If we're going down, I hope we go down smashing the fuck out of some CBs at least.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United (P)
We've confirmed, for I think the fourth time this month, that Kayode will be staying for the remainder of the season.

Rotherham have been making the right noises about this since the window opened and we have reported a few times that Paul Warne is keen for him to stay out on loan. There is of course no such thing as a guarantee that a player won't be recalled during the transfer window, only the word of his parent club, which is why we keep treating everything Paul Warne says as news, but I highly doubt he is going anywhere.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Zac Jules being linked with sides in league one and above no surprise for me our best defender this season

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
We've confirmed, for I think the fourth time this month, that Kayode will be staying for the remainder of the season.

Rotherham have been making the right noises about this since the window opened and we have reported a few times that Paul Warne is keen for him to stay out on loan. There is of course no such thing as a guarantee that a player won't be recalled during the transfer window, only the word of his parent club, which is why we keep treating everything Paul Warne says as news, but I highly doubt he is going anywhere.
Just watch they’ll recall him on deadline day due to an injury crisis.

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980

I didn't say there was nobody else, I said he's better than what we currently have.

Not going to go through the same arguments with you about what he brings to the side as we did when in the conference.

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
I didn't say there was nobody else, I said he's better than what we currently have.

Not going to go through the same arguments with you about what he brings to the side as we did when in the conference.
I know what he brought to the side, 6 years ago, in the conference where we failed to get promoted.

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980
I know what he brought to the side, 6 years ago, in the conference where we failed to get promoted.

Yeah and since then he spent 4 seasons in the FL including a lge 1 play off campaign and we "lucked" (in your words) our way to a play off win and spent every other season avoiding relegation back to the conference

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Max Hunt has signed for Yeovil permanently. Promising young defender but wasn’t getting games here.

AR27

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
We're signing Andy Cook on loan from Mansfield apparently. Bit of a donkey stags fans?

Spanishstag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield town
We're signing Andy Cook on loan from Mansfield apparently. Bit of a donkey stags fans?
He splits opinions amongst stags fans ,some love him some decry his fitness or workrate ,me i think its a great move for him and for bradford ,he knows where the goal is and is skilful for such a big fella ,surprised we have let him out on loan tbh,in fact i would sooner send maynard out on loan

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
I assume this means bad news for top scorer Lee Novak injury wise. Probably out for the rest of the season.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United (P)
Max Hunt has signed for Yeovil permanently. Promising young defender but wasn’t getting games here.
Yeah, he probably wanted the move. Shame cos he fits Beech's profile of signing young players who will improve and when we did call on him this season he did no wrong... he just has four senior centre backs ahead of him in the pecking order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayodeji7772