You are currently browsing the football forums as a guest. Sign up now for free and benefit from totally ad-free browsing. Logged in members see no ads.

Stickied League 2 Transfer Rumours/Confirmed Transfers 2020/2021

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Balls in your court for that one, how much would you want to take him?

If you lot agree to beat Cheltenham, Cambridge, Morecambe and Bolton in your run in we’ll take him for free.

northstandexile

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Oh, Matt Green, was once the Messiah

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
We’re good but probably not quite that good, would 3 wins and a draw do instead?

Yeah that would do, but lose one and you have to take Green back, lose two and you have to take Shawn McCoulsky as well.

Fedora Dale

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
Yes, 12 match ban

Reduced to 9 games on appeal. The only suspension he has ever had in his entire career, I think..

Also, based on the three he was allowed to take in shootouts, the best penalty taker I've seen at Dale - all three hit very hard into the corner of the net. However Ian Henderson was captain, and liked taking penalties, although his strike rate wasn't brilliant with them.

Don't play him at centre half. Gets caught out of position. A very useful man to bring on when you're under the cosh, though - plays well as a spare man at the back, with the "attack the ball and head/hoof it as far upfield as possible" remit.

Bottega Don

Lenging Man Down
Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Reduced to 9 games on appeal. The only suspension he has ever had in his entire career, I think..

Also, based on the three he was allowed to take in shootouts, the best penalty taker I've seen at Dale - all three hit very hard into the corner of the net. However Ian Henderson was captain, and liked taking penalties, although his strike rate wasn't brilliant with them.

Don't play him at centre half. Gets caught out of position. A very useful man to bring on when you're under the cosh, though - plays well as a spare man at the back, with the "attack the ball and head/hoof it as far upfield as possible" remit.
I remember him playing CB against us the other year and I thought he was actually quite good in that game. I suppose that says more about our attack though.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Kieron Lee just about Shef wed best player for the last eight years...Got a hip injury but managed 28 games last season in the championship. A host of clubs in lge 1/2 were after him.
Declan john is a player who to be frank i had never heard of. 20 odd games for Cardiff in the Premier plus a further 30 odd games for Rangers in the Scottish Premier add to that 4 full Wales caps tells me he is decent.
Guess they turned out to be very good

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Youngster Hector Kyprianou has signed a new 2 year deal with us. Very pleased with this, he's come in from our youth team and looks more than capable of having a good career in the game, played 18 times in total this season I think - Although most have been from the bench.

7 Players signed up for next season now!

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Lots of talk that we've sold Manny Oyeleke to Chesterfield for 10k which would be the oddest transfer considering he is a freebie in a few weeks!

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
I can only guess (assuming its true of course) the club have made the decision that we were not going to offer Manny a new deal or more likely some sort of pay as you play deal which he was unlikely to accept so figured may as well take the money now with our season done.

IF he could stay injury free he is far too good for this division never mind the Conference.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I can only guess (assuming its true of course) the club have made the decision that we were not going to offer Manny a new deal or more likely some sort of pay as you play deal which he was unlikely to accept so figured may as well take the money now with our season done.

IF he could stay injury free he is far too good for this division never mind the Conference.

Yeah free 10k now essentially, just can’t stay fit otherwise a top talent, did 150 minutes last season and what 10-11 games this year.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Yeah free 10k now essentially, just can’t stay fit otherwise a top talent, did 150 minutes last season and what 10-11 games this year.

Aye, problem is the longest run of games we've seen in a long time from him is just now once his contract is up for renewal. I can only guess DC and Flitcroft between them have weighed it up and thought better to move on. Gives us a chance to give Taylor or Burgess a run now or maybe if Monty is fit again can see how Worrall does as part of that midfield three.

I wonder if we could throw in Danny Whitehead to the deal also? Whatever money we have to give them back would be worth it.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Aye, problem is the longest run of games we've seen in a long time from him is just now once his contract is up for renewal. I can only guess DC and Flitcroft between them have weighed it up and thought better to move on. Gives us a chance to give Taylor or Burgess a run now or maybe if Monty is fit again can see how Worrall does as part of that midfield three.

I wonder if we could throw in Danny Whitehead to the deal also? Whatever money we have to give them back would be worth it.

They’ve had the data from the new fitness thing now haven’t they and the injuries are something Flitcroft said would decide a players future with us.

It’s a good deal I guess, and they’ve got a few games left, I wish him the best to be honest and hope he can get over his injuries, it doesn’t seem likely but if he does he’s a top player.

spireite_uk

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
This Oyekele that we're signing any good Vale fans?

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
This Oyekele that we're signing any good Vale fans?

If you can get him playing a run of games he wouldn't be just good he would be a great signing. Almost every single attribute you would want in a midfielder he has.

The downside as you may have seen above is you don't see it often as his body is made of glass.

spireite_uk

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
If you can get him playing a run of games he wouldn't be just good he would be a great signing. Almost every single attribute you would want in a midfielder he has.

The downside as you may have seen above is you don't see it often as his body is made of glass.
Sorry, it'd help if I fucking read up before posti g wouldn't it. Hopefully he stops being broken for a bit!

Jeremy Beadles Sex Claw

Reaction score
Supports
Vale
I guess Clarke/Flitcroft can no longer be arsed with him spending 2/3rds of the season injured.

Shame but it's one of those things.

162 appearances in a 10 year career. Awful record.

spireite_uk

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
I guess Clarke/Flitcroft can no longer be arsed with him spending 2/3rds of the season injured.

Shame but it's one of those things.

162 appearances in a 10 year career. Awful record.
Yea that's wank. We do have a big enough squad to cover injurys right now, so maybe he's hoping he can be an impact player a few times. We've got about a thousand games in the next few weeks so definitely need the legs

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Sorry, it'd help if I fucking read up before posti g wouldn't it. Hopefully he stops being broken for a bit!

Yeah if you can keep him going long enough through to the end of the season and playoffs you will go up and will more than pay back what you've spent. He is that good when he plays. Get used to wincing each time he takes even the slightest of touches though in the hope he can get back up, becomes par for the course with Manny.

spireite_uk

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Yeah if you can keep him going long enough through to the end of the season and playoffs you will go up and will more than pay back what you've spent. He is that good when he plays. Get used to wincing each time he takes even the slightest of touches though in the hope he can get back up, becomes par for the course with Manny.
We need to get out of this shite and back playing the likes of you boys again anyway, so fingers crossed your theory comes true there!

Jeremy Beadles Sex Claw

Reaction score
Supports
Vale
Yea that's wank. We do have a big enough squad to cover injurys right now, so maybe he's hoping he can be an impact player a few times. We've got about a thousand games in the next few weeks so definitely need the legs

He needs a run of games to get up to speed. Once up to speed his technical ability as a marauding centre mid is above L2 level.

The problem is, 9 times out of 10 he gets another muscular injury during that run of games.

Hence a 10 year career average of 16 appearances a season. That's including being subbed on, not 16 full games.

As above be prepared to wince every time he's challenged. You will watch him limp off multiple times a season. You will watch him go off early in the first half. You will watch him get injured in the warm ups and require subbing before kickoff.

I think much of it is all in his head as the only alternative is he has a congenital genetic abnormality where his soft tissue is made out of Haribo gelatin.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Yeah wish Manny all the best but clear Flitcroft isn’t going to offer him a deal and now we are safe if we make 10k we may as well.

Our winning record when he plays is ridiculous. We are a completely different side but he was stop start the first season with injuries; last season he played the first game and a half got injured during that game, returned for 9 minutes a month later and was out for the season!

This year he’s again been in and out, this is the longest spell he’s had fit in a couple of years... 6 games. If he can get fit he’s a level above league two. Sadly it’s seemingly impossible but he’s a beast and a great lad so would love him to get the problems behind him and do well.

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
quite a brave decision from vale because even with his injury record, he's that good when he plays that the team does better.

i'm a bit gutted to be honest, would have loved to give him 1 more year to see if a flitcroft/clarke set up would help his fitness.

Chesterfield have got one hell of a signing for the time he is available. there wont be many better in league 2 on their day never mind the conference.

Jeremy Beadles Sex Claw

Reaction score
Supports
Vale
Yeah but literally every 50/50 or somewhat firm challenge leaves you concerned how many this months off it'll be this time.

It's too big a threat when the aim is to build a promotion squad. Wasting money but more importantly a finite >21 years old squad place on a player who will go missing for 30 games in the blink of an eye from a seemingly nothing collision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Terra McCann