You are currently browsing the football forums as a guest. Sign up now for free and benefit from totally ad-free browsing. Logged in members see no ads.

Stickied League 2 Transfer Rumours/Confirmed Transfers 2020/2021

Jonny Owen

Andy Butler is a god
Reaction score
Supports
Walsall FC
Twitter
@JonnyOwen12

thoughts Walsall fans?
Got a lot of time for Josh. A very hard worker who will sacrifice himself for the team, chase balls all day or drop deep and try to link it. But when it comes to the "striking instinct" you would like, he just doesn't have it. A pretty poor finisher all together, I expect him to get between 5 and 10 for you next season. Likely to be your Aaron Collins esque forward that Mark Cooper would want - team first, hard worker and can create but doesn't score many. Feel bottom end League 2 may be his level, but I hope he kicks on and finds the form that had us turning down bids. Think he had his head turned the whole of last season and even turned down a new deal at Christmas - 6 months later and we are releasing him he had been that poor.

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Best of luck to Wood, it wasn’t an easy listen last year when he had an interview in which he admitted to being lonely during the pandemic. He also gave the generic speak about being open to a new contract, but I felt he didn’t want to stay up north. Hopefully he can find his form again from his second season with us. Think he needs to regain his passion for the game a bit, I maybe being a bit harsh but it felt like his heart wasn’t always in it last season but I think he just wanted to be closer to family and friends.

Bottega Don

Lenging Man Down
Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
We might actually be signing a player!

Alex Kenyon, previously of Morecambe. No idea if he's any good but it's a start.

ShrimpsMeltdown

Reaction score
Supports
Morecambe
He's a battler, will just sit in front of the defence and get stuck in, will do a job for you. He would've been playing every week for us probably if it wasn't for Yann being brilliant every game.

Glad he's got another league 2 club if true, a really nice bloke as well.

Bottega Don

Lenging Man Down
Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
He's a battler, will just sit in front of the defence and get stuck in, will do a job for you. He would've been playing every week for us probably if it wasn't for Yann being brilliant every game.

Glad he's got another league 2 club if true, a really nice bloke as well.
If he actually tries then that's a huge improvement on the rest of our team, he's apparently having a medical today.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
We’ve appointed Colin Calderwood as our assistant gaffer.

Managed us to promotion donkeys years ago, was most recently assistant at Blackpool as they won the playoffs. Very happy with the appointment, experienced head next to Brady.

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
Randell Williams who left us at the end of the season signs for Hull City.

If he shows his quality from the 19/20 season he should do well for them. However, if he carries over his 20/21 form, he won’t last long in the championship

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Randell Williams who left us at the end of the season signs for Hull City.

If he shows his quality from the 19/20 season he should do well for them. However, if he carries over his 20/21 form, he won’t last long in the championship
If they watched him last season I'm surprised they signed him.
Plus rumours we lost 500k thanks to his shenanigans. Cheers Randell

loz

Reaction score
Supports
Citeh
A great thank you to the club that educated and introduced him into his trade. With the attitude he has shown you are probably well rid.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Udoka Godwin-Malife has signed a new two year contract with the club...great news, hopefully he will continue to develop under new management, and anyone who wants to secure his services will have to pay for the pleasure.

Yep, big news that, Dokes is quality and seems loyal to the club, which is nice to see these days.

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
Ryan Bowman the latest leave. Gone to Shrewsbury for an undisclosed fee. Surely signings are around the corner! Only got one striker and he’s plop!

Tarzan

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Ryan Bowman the latest leave. Gone to Shrewsbury for an undisclosed fee. Surely signings are around the corner! Only got one striker and he’s plop!
A shrewd signing.

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Matt Jay is absolute plop?

Oh wait we have Ben Seymour, he's not really a footballer though...

Tarzan

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
I was led to believe it was more thanks to his new agent.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
This is the biggest clear out since Debenhams.
I really hope we have some serious quality lines up to replace those who have gone.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Still being linked to Earing and now also a winger from Notts County forget his name Enzo something lol.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Rovers have signed last year’s loanee Liam Feeney on a 1 year deal. Let’s hope Mellon doesn’t have the same blind-spot as last season’s management and leave all set pieces to Liam. The signings to date haven’t threatened our oldest average age in L2 title either.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
He didn't do very well in L2 before, would be surprised to see him get another stab at it.
Enzio did well for Crawley in league 2 and we sold him to Notts County (£350k I'm told) and they were pleased as punch with him but he picked up an injury in November time and hardly played again. Not his fault that the Pies were a circus at the time.

He is quite quick but he is not a flying winger type. He's built like a middleweight boxer and has a decent cross and shot....defensively suspect though.

Casey

He had his own little song at Crawley. To the tune of Gold by Spandau Ballet.

AR27

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
We're announcing a signing tomorrow. Probably Songo'o or Ridehalgh if I was to guess.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Us and Tranmere have made him an offer apparently in recent years I'd say that's us out if other clubs are interested but something seems to have changed at Walsall we are actually signing players other clubs want and not waiting until July as we usually do our new manager seems to be attracting players all the new recruits so far have spoke highly of him.Clarke signed has beens and his mates mostly the decent players he did sign where the work of Dutton and that's been confirmed by the players themselves since in the local press I hope he's got someone with a good head assisting him at Vale is all I can say the bloke was a disaster for us and only seems to be able to work with a top budget pretty sure that's why he left because he didn't want to put the work in here he just wanted money thrown at him.Like I've said before I hope he works out better for Vale than he did for us our fans hate him and think he's a fraud living on borrowed time as a football league manager not my opinion that's just the general one amongst Walsall fans.

Last edited:

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Rovers have signed last year’s loanee Liam Feeney on a 1 year deal. Let’s hope Mellon doesn’t have the same blind-spot as last season’s management and leave all set pieces to Liam. The signings to date haven’t threatened our oldest average age in L2 title either.
In reference to your White Review comments what exactly are you expecting in terms of player signings from a club less than 7 miles away from Liverpool and Everton that is going to make the football world sit up and be shocked. We are a League 2 club. We get what we can afford, like every other club.

Firthy_BCAFC

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
Very happy with that.

05A80632-D5B9-412C-9479-5A296BFF12F8.jpeg

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
I’m not happy at all!!

Where was the cheesy Twitter video to get other fans feeling sick like with Andy Cook:mad:

Reactions: Cas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samking1