Stickied League 2 Transfer Rumours/Confirmed Transfers 2020/2021

Fedora Dale

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
Rumoured that Dale have turned down a bid from Rotherham for midfielder Ollie Rathbone. Out of contract at the end of the season, so I suspect a reasonable bid would be successful. Plus if we do our usual, accepting a lower fee plus % of sell on profits, Rotherham, who I expect to be in and around the top of L1 this season, would be a suitable place for him to develop and earn a bigger money move futher up the leagues.

AR27

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
For what its worth, I think the whole Sparks/Donaldson/York thing is a bit silly. Been blown way out of proportion.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
I have seen you cry about Bradford several times in the last 6 months, clearly you don't like us which is fine so why bother moving up a forum to complain? seems you are a bit jealous
Okay, please provide examples of me crying about Bradford and we can discuss further. Chances are, all you'll find are examples of me trying to wind up F-I-R-T-H-Y. I don't have a problem with your club, however Sparks is a top tier plonker. I saw an article that goes someway to proving it and posted it in the relevant area of the forum.

While you compile these examples though, please could you answer why the standard response from fans of clubs like Bradford is always "jealous"? Jealous of what exactly?

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Well they're a league above you to start with
Yep...and they have to share a forum with you.

Also a quick two minute search has unearthed one of the many posts about how I'd rather be at the top of the fifth tier than the bottom of the fourth:
I was living in Korea for all but the first (which was the shittest) of our years down there so I'm well up for going back down if we're allowed to go to games. League Two is boring as fuck, been pretty much everywhere in this division, many of them multiple times. It's shite being at the bottom of this division, which is all we're gonna be unless we spunk money we don't have up the wall like half of the rest of the division.
End this season now, give us some Conference games. I'm almost done with it. Not because we're shite, because it's boring. I hate the bottom of this divison so much. It's so tedious. I'd much rather be in the Conference playoff spots.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
Yep...and they have to share a forum with you.

Also a quick two minute search has unearthed one of the many posts about how I'd rather be at the top of the fifth tier than the bottom of the fourth:

They have to share a forum with me, you're doing it by choice. Says a lot.

What relevance has being top of the 5th tier and bottom of tier 4 got to do with anything? You were bottom of the fourth tier, that's confirmed - You're just as likely to be bottom of the 5th tier this season, than top. I'd rather start the season in the fourth tier than the fifth tier. Your perception is hilarious.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town

What relevance has being top of the 5th tier and bottom of tier 4 got to do with anything? You were bottom of the fourth tier, that's confirmed - You're just as likely to be bottom of the 5th tier this season, than top. I'd rather start the season in the fourth tier than the fifth tier. Your perception is hilarious.
As I said, I'm just sharing information. Quite why people get so riled about people crossing forum borders is something I've never really understood. Smacks of someone incapable of winning an argument.

Being at the top of the 5th tier is completely relevant. You used Bradford being in L2 as an example of why I'd be jealous of them. Why would I be jealous of their place in L2 when I'm not arsed about being in L2? Not sure what was difficult to grasp there.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town

Also, £20 1FF bet that we finish next season closer to the top of the National League than the bottom of it next season? Yep didn't think so.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
As I said, I'm just sharing information. Quite why people get so riled about people crossing forum borders is something I've never really understood. Smacks of someone incapable of winning an argument.

Being at the top of the 5th tier is completely relevant. You used Bradford being in L2 as an example of why I'd be jealous of them. Why would I be jealous of their place in L2 when I'm not arsed about being in L2? Not sure what was difficult to grasp there.
Sounds like you are jealous their in L2. You used a very weird argument to say you'd rather be top of the national league than bottom of L2. Which makes no sense when you're not top of the national league. The premise remains that you'd much rather be top of L2 than bottom of the national league, or even in the top of the national league.
Also, £20 1FF bet that we finish next season closer to the top of the National League than the bottom of it next season? Yep didn't think so.
I'll happily do a £20.00 charity wager that you'll be closer to the bottom than the top.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Sounds like you are jealous their in L2. You used a very weird argument to say you'd rather be top of the national league than bottom of L2. Which makes no sense when you're not top of the national league. The premise remains that you'd much rather be top of L2 than bottom of the national league, or even in the top of the national league.

I'll happily do a £20.00 charity wager that you'll be closer to the bottom than the top.
If I was jealous of Bradford's superb table topping League 2 performances over the last decade or so* I'd be big enough to admit it.

Winning matches being more fun than losing them...yes what a peculiar concept. I'm not saying that it's a given in terms of next season, but I'm speaking from the last decade and a half, within which our seasons generally fall into two categories. Shit boring League 2 lower midtable to relegation finish or exciting National League playoff season. Fair play on taking that bet, I'll think about which charity you'll be donating to and get back to you.

*their current and previous spell's finishes in L2: 15th, 9th, 7th, 18th, 18th, 14th, 9th, 10th

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Obsessed? :lol: The last time and only other time I've posted about him was 6 months ago when he was airing his dirty laundry in public, which seems to be his favourite thing to do. Might be doing a good job, but the guy lacks so much class. Probably why he's a great fit for Bradford! Not jealous at all, off the pitch we're in the best shape we have been for ages.

It was Grimsby who lacked class calling off a league 2 game last season against us, because one of your players had Covid, by announcing it in the local press before having the decency to contact Sparks or anyone else for that matter at our club.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
. Fair play on taking that bet, I'll think about which charity you'll be donating to and get back to you.
You can post a screenshot of your payment to the AS9 foundation as soon as it's mathematically impossible for you to be closer to the top, so let's say, early Feb time when you sit below both Weymouth and King's Lynn?

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
It was Grimsby who lacked class calling off a league 2 game last season against us, because one of your players had Covid, by announcing it in the local press before having the decency to contact Sparks or anyone else for that matter at our club.
Lack of class all round from both parties there. At least the regime responsible for that has left our club now. whereas you're still left with a big classless baby as CEO.

Reactions: Cas

Cas

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Lack of class all round from both parties there. At least the regime responsible for that has left our club now. whereas you're still left with a big classless baby as CEO.

I'm not overly keen on him myself, mate. Always comes across as supremely arrogant despite doing nothing of note as of yet. Really slappable face, too.

LeonTheGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle Football Club
Timmy Abrahams on a 1 year loan from fulham, not overwhelmed with this but i suppose you have to give the boy a chance.
Had him at the beginning of last season. He barely played. Then we sent him back and he went to Scotland and also did nothing. Apparently Dortmund were looking at him before us! Strange one.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
We’ve got striker Mandy Richardson on trial.

In case you’re interested, Mandy is what he uses as short for Emmanuel. He’s most recently been playing for Shap.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Apparently we have 19 year old Tyrese Simpson from Ipswich on trial with a view to a loan deal. Probably makes more sense than Jackson or Norwood!!

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
We have apparently agreed a deal to sign Marc McNulty on loan from Reading, but the transfer is being held up by Reading's ongoing embargo.

Firthy_BCAFC

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
I’d be disappointed if we didn’t at least show interest in McNulty. He’s exactly what we’re missing upfront.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Looks like we're signing centre half Jake Lawlor ex Harrogate and Salford.

Thailand sex tape and part time Yeovil keeper Adam Smith seems like he's been offered terms.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Adam Smith is another of our ex keepers, (there’s quite a few about).

Fell out of favour weeks after signing for us in pre-season 2 years ago and although he briefly got back in the team around Christmas that year has spent most of his 2 year deal on loan at Yeovil.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Adam Smith is another of our ex keepers, (there’s quite a few about).

Fell out of favour weeks after signing for us in pre-season 2 years ago and although he briefly got back in the team around Christmas that year has spent most of his 2 year deal on loan at Yeovil.
Any good?

Edit-think it's pretty clear reading that back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBE
CleverNT: 53154 Visits Devices Code Obs Start: 2021-09-01 End: 2021-09-30 Copy the code. Paste it on the source code of your website, near the bottom, just before ex: same way you insert the google analytics script/code In case you're using banners, you also need to add the Tag: