You are currently browsing the football forums as a guest. Sign up now for free and benefit from totally ad-free browsing. Logged in members see no ads.

Stickied League 2 Transfer Rumours/Confirmed Transfers 2020/2021

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Looks like we're signing centre half Jake Lawlor ex Harrogate and Salford.

Thailand sex tape and part time Yeovil keeper Adam Smith seems like he's been offered terms.
Another defender ?
Looks like a 6-4-0 formation this season.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Another defender ?
Looks like a 6-4-0 formation this season.

DC said again some of the trialists have deals in place and we have to wait till August, presumably 1st to announce them, the few trialists who have been here longer than one game have been Adam Smith, Jake Lawlor and Mark Cullen, the rest have been scattered.

Caolan Lavery played Tuesday, see if he turns up again Friday at Dunston.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Think we need cover at the back but a more experienced figure to come in. Can you rely on Gary Liddle to be ever present? If we're playing 3 centre halves, we need a calm head to slot in when needed. Let's face it, there'll be plenty of work for the defence to do this year.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
I've heard we're looking at signing Theo Archibald from Lincoln - Think it might be on a pernament transfer.

We do need another wide player so this does make sense. Barely featured for Lincoln as well since he went there.

Essex2Wessex

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
I've heard we're looking at signing Theo Archibald from Lincoln - Think it might be on a pernament transfer.

We do need another wide player so this does make sense. Barely featured for Lincoln as well since he went there.

He played for us, on loan from Brentford, a couple of seasons ago. Was pretty impressed by what I saw of him, had a knack for getting in the right place at the right time, would have liked to have signed him. (Same when he played for Macclesfield against us.) Lincoln last season were on fire so no failing on his part not to make their first eleven. Should do you well.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Think we need cover at the back but a more experienced figure to come in. Can you rely on Gary Liddle to be ever present? If we're playing 3 centre halves, we need a calm head to slot in when needed. Let's face it, there'll be plenty of work for the defence to do this year.

Im actually happy that we’re filling up on defensive options, we have plenty of cover across the back five when everyone is finally signed up, it’s clear that DC is happy to wait for the right forward to become available and not make a panic signing for the sake of it.

Some of these lads might be shit when we get down to the season kicking off and we’re gonna get more of a kicking from teams this season, I just hope the fans don’t turn on the squad we have assembled, it’s gonna be cobbled together and it’s probably not going to be a classic season, survival is the aim.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
First year Pro Harry Parsons has signed a new contract after it has transpired that the contract he signed under the old regime became null and void after the old Cheif Exec left. It will be interesting to see if talented RB Akin Odimayo is offered a better deal as he would have been offered pittance Halfpenny under Mr Power.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City

Really, really bizarre how his move here panned out.

We tried to sign him in January 2020 from Macc but because of their issues it didn't happen. He was then about to sign for us in March 2020 but Covid hit. Eventually signed in August 2020 but only managed 10 appearances or so all season. He had Covid and the odd injury but Appleton pointed to attitude problems at points in the season and/or not quite doing enough in training. Admittedly he was way below the level of Brennan Johnson and Morgan Rogers so that didn't help either.

A signing that didn't work out at all. I don't think anyone could tell you if he's decent tbh. Like two or three others in the squad, we ended up being better than expected last season and that limited his playing time. The only game I can recall him playing for any length of time was when we bummed FGR in the FA Cup.

Weird that we gave him a two year deal, though. He doesn't seem to settle anywhere for any length of time. We were all expecting him to be released.

Doubt we'll look for a fee either, just a sell-on if anything.

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
Timmy Abrahams on a 1 year loan from fulham, not overwhelmed with this but i suppose you have to give the boy a chance.
we had him on loan last year. Was very keen, ran around like a puppy chasing his tail and was fairly quick. But the fact we released him back to Fulham before the loan deal was up tells you what Lowe thought. Maybe a year on and a league below he will have more impact. Good luck to him and you.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Really, really bizarre how his move here panned out.

We tried to sign him in January 2020 from Macc but because of their issues it didn't happen. He was then about to sign for us in March 2020 but Covid hit. Eventually signed in August 2020 but only managed 10 appearances or so all season. He had Covid and the odd injury but Appleton pointed to attitude problems at points in the season and/or not quite doing enough in training. Admittedly he was way below the level of Brennan Johnson and Morgan Rogers so that didn't help either.

A signing that didn't work out at all. I don't think anyone could tell you if he's decent tbh. Like two or three others in the squad, we ended up being better than expected last season and that limited his playing time. The only game I can recall him playing for any length of time was when we bummed FGR in the FA Cup.

Weird that we gave him a two year deal, though. He doesn't seem to settle anywhere for any length of time. We were all expecting him to be released.

Doubt we'll look for a fee either, just a sell-on if anything.
Cheers - now confirmed on a season long loan. He fits the criteria of players we have been targeting, if he does well IMO we’ll likely buy him off you.

We now just need a striker or two.

Dont think we’ll sign a new central midfielder, as I think we’ll be pushing youngster Matt Young from our youth team further into the squad and going by his performances in pre season, he’s a youngster worth pursuing with in the first team.

Fedora Dale

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
A signing!

Sam Graham, 20 year old Centre back from Sheffield United, on a two year deal.

Been a loanee at Halifax, Oldham and Notts County in the past.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
A signing!

Sam Graham, 20 year old Centre back from Sheffield United, on a two year deal.

Been a loanee at Halifax, Oldham and Notts County in the past.

Had him on trial a couple of years ago but Notts County pinched him - he's a big guy who gets his head on everything. Looked very good in those handful of games. Son of a famous boxer apparently.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Cameron Dawson on a year long loan from Sheffield Wednesday.

We have a goalkeeper!

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
So you released two pretty good keepers and replaced them with a loanee? Seems a bit strange, are you struggling for cash?

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Nah we've got loads of cash bizarrely. Matt Taylor clearly didn't rate Maxted and Ward wanted away.

We wanted to bring Andresson from Reading but he signed a new contract with them and has then gone on loan to Morecambe.

We signed Brown as a backup keeper/coach and have 2 young keepers but because they won't be ready to be first choice for a few years we need a first choice stop gap.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
2 signings imminent according to our chairman at least one will be a striker we still need at least one more.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
DC confirmed we are in the market for a left winger and a striker still but are in no rush with it. Suspect based on that we are looking at closer to deadline day to make those additions.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Sounds like you are jealous their in L2.
As Devon_Twat has me on ignore due to him sulking that he has never been able to win an argument with me could somebody kindly please tell the self proclaimed linguistic genius that it’s ‘they’re’ and not ‘their’ in this instance.
Thank you very much.

Sydney Posse

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
If nothing else we can at least field a side with a keeper and a sub keeper on the bench this season.

Lewis Ward joins. Ex Northampton, FGR and Exeter custodian. Rare for us to have 2 permanent keepers at the club.
I rated Ward highly when he was with us. Definite quality keeper. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with him

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
For anyone wanting to know the definition of bitter, check out twitter and Swindon forum to see their reaction to Pitman signing for us. Love it!!

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
so what exactly are you basing your cum fest on? I saw him play last season. Virtually everyone wanted him gone and are delighted he’s left.

I have no idea what style you are planning to adopt but if it’s a pedestrian style he may be OK. He’s palpably unfit, slower than Douglas Bader running backwards and he’ll do absolutely nothing without the ball.

Christ, he’s coming up 34. A real stodgy signing if that’s the best you’re going to sign. Not cheap on the wages, either.

You’ve been mugged off.

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
so what exactly are you basing your cum fest on? I saw him play last season. Virtually everyone wanted him gone and are delighted he’s left.

I have no idea what style you are planning to adopt but if it’s a pedestrian style he may be OK. He’s palpably unfit, slower than Douglas Bader running backwards and he’ll do absolutely nothing without the ball.

Christ, he’s coming up 34. A real stodgy signing if that’s the best you’re going to sign. Not cheap on the wages, either.

You’ve been mugged off.
Cureton was about 40 and still banging in goals for Exeter!

Mugged off? I thought you appointed Ben Garner, did you not?

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Cureton was about 40 and still banging in goals for Exeter!

Mugged off? I thought you appointed Ben Garner, did you not?
Yep. Looking good isn’t it compared to who’ve you got.

I’m not saying every player his age is past it. But I’ve seen him play.

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Yep. Looking good isn’t it compared to who’ve you got.

I’m not saying every player his age is past it. But I’ve seen him play.
Barton may not make himself popular but he does have a better managerial record than Garner so far.

We have a lot of creativity in the team now so as long as Pitman can put them away (his record throughout his career suggests he will) then happy days!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyconnelley