Stickied League 2 Transfer Rumours/Confirmed Transfers 2020/2021

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Jacob Mellis signs for Gills, any thoughts Mansfield or Bolton fans?

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
We have signed Otis Khan from Mansfield by the look of it. He impressed me when we played them a couple of years ago. Any thoughts Stags ?

Attila the hun

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham
Huge dickhead who was basically ran out the club for being exactly that. That was years ago though so he may have changed.
Thanks well going off what yourself and fedora dale have said maybe that’s the reason he been in the conference Wrexham fans not spoke highly of him either so no doubt I will be on here calling him before long

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
We've signed ex Lincoln and Grimsby midfielder Elliott Whitehouse.

Looks a decent signing, albeit still banned for calling Alan McCormack a pikey.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
We have signed Otis Khan from Mansfield by the look of it. He impressed me when we played them a couple of years ago. Any thoughts Stags ?
we paid £100k for him, came in, clear ability but very lightweight, few injuries and manager changes means he never got another run.

Gotta be willing to work the team around him, because he’s gunna want to play behind the front line.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Jacob Mellis signs for Gills, any thoughts Mansfield or Bolton fans?
Loads of talent but incredibly inconsistent and to say it kindly a bit of a knobhead, there’s a reason he’s not done much despite having the ability to do so.

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Loads of talent but incredibly inconsistent and to say it kindly a bit of a knobhead, there’s a reason he’s not done much despite having the ability to do so.
I see he was effectively sacked from Chelsea early in his career too, what kind of nobbish behaviour can we expect?

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
we paid £100k for him, came in, clear ability but very lightweight, few injuries and manager changes means he never got another run.

Gotta be willing to work the team around him, because he’s gunna want to play behind the front line.
I would guess he is a (better) replacement for Connor Jennings. Spearing will do a lot of the grafting in midfield, so it should work OK.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
I would guess he is a (better) replacement for Connor Jennings. Spearing will do a lot of the grafting in midfield, so it should work OK.
I rate him, but he’s one of those typical lower league players with ability to go higher but never finding the consistency. If he does find that, I used to always say he would make Mansfield a lot of money but it just didn’t happen here.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
We've signed ex Lincoln and Grimsby midfielder Elliott Whitehouse.

Looks a decent signing, albeit still banned for calling Alan McCormack a pikey.
Average at best I'd say. Was better for Lincoln whenever I saw him than he was for us. Obviously being out for an entire season didn't help his time here. He runs around a lot and can certainly hold his own, but I doubt he'll be a standout player for you on a consistent basis. I think you could have signed a better CM to be honest, but he's solid enough.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Average at best I'd say. Was better for Lincoln whenever I saw him than he was for us. Obviously being out for an entire season didn't help his time here. He runs around a lot and can certainly hold his own, but I doubt he'll be a standout player for you on a consistent basis. I think you could have signed a better CM to be honest, but he's solid enough.
Thanks, sort of. Tbf solid/average is fine, main priority is to not start next season the way we played for the last 3 months of last season, otherwise we'll be in a relegation battle.

What do you think of Matt btw, reckon he'll finally be someone capable of replacing Doidge's goals? Our attack was piss poor last season.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Thanks, well sort of. Tbf solid/average is fine, main priority is to not start next season the way we played for the last 3 months of last season, otherwise we'll be in a relegation battle.

What do you think of Matt btw, reckon he'll finally be someone capable of replacing Doidge's goals?
Whitehouse will indeed be solid/average. He's just quite a limited player, so I can't really sit here and say that I think he'll kick on and improve a great deal. He does the basics well though and he put himself on the line for the cause, so as long you're not expecting him to threading 40 yard through balls that unlock defences, or to be bursting past three players in two yards of space then you won't be disappointed.

Matt was poor for us and I've said previously that I think some of the praise his signing for you got off some on here (weirdly a bunch of the Mansfield fans seem to love him?) was a tad lavish. He's obviously done well at Newport but how much of that was down to him and him alone might remain to be seen until he starts playing for you. Newport were geared around launching balls in the box and had players that could deliver like Willmott and then of course he was up top with one of, if not the, best striker(s) in the division in Podge Amond. If you get the Grimsby Jamille Matt then that's unfortunate, because it wasn't like he wasn't scoring but he was still a handful - he was just rubbish, but admittedly in a crap team. Hopefully for your sake though, you'll get the new and improved Newport Jamille Matt.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Also what is going on? Mansfield seem to be actually getting rid of players instead of just adding more and more to their giant squad.

And I thought Morecambe were screwed for money. Ben Pringle left us to get more £££££ at Tranmere a while back. Potentially a good signing, but I'm not convinced they can afford that one.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Pringle's workrate always lets him down, so I don't think he is that much in demand these days.

Last edited:

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Pringle's workrate always lets him down, so I don't think he is that much in demand these days.
I don't think it was necessarily a workrate thing for us. He just seemed slow and a bit weak. Wand of a left foot for this level though.

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Pringle's workrate always let's him down, so I don't think he is that much in demand these days.
Ben Pringle's best days were at Rotherham, where he was a regular starter and with Frecks was the focal point of the team.
He wouldn't agree a new contract and went to Fulham where he became a bit part player and went out on loan to Ipswich.
Preston took him on but he never really established himself in their team and unfortunately his career has gone downhill ever since.

If he had stayed here I'm certain he would have been better off, but he chased the money.

Still, he is still a hero in these parts and I hope he does well for Morecambe.

Huntsman94

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I don't think it was necessarily a workrate thing for us. He just seemed slow and a bit weak. Wand of a left foot for this level though.
Agree with you. In possession he’s not bad with a great left foot as you say but off the ball he’s fairly poor

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Yes, I quite liked him and he played an important part in our promotion. However, Mellon never really took to him because he did not do much out of possession and did not have the energy he likes.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Ben Pringle's best days were at Rotherham, where he was a regular starter and with Frecks was the focal point of the team.
He wouldn't agree a new contract and went to Fulham where he became a bit part player and went out on loan to Ipswich.
Preston took him on but he never really established himself in their team and unfortunately his career has gone downhill ever since.

If he had stayed here I'm certain he would have been better off, but he chased the money.

Still, he is still a hero in these parts and I hope he does well for Morecambe.
Yes, I remember he ripped us apart in the season you won promotion from League One. He played centrally then, whereas most managers tend to stick him out on the wing now, probably because of his lack of legs.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Ben Pringle signs on a 1 year deal, delighted with that. 3 or 4 more to go then we'll be sorted.
If he can get anywhere near the player he was a few years back then that’s a really decent signing.

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Yes, I remember he ripped us apart in the season you won promotion from League One. He played centrally then, whereas most managers tend to stick him out on the wing now, probably because of his lack of legs.
He was never really a winger in the truth, he never had any pace, rarely needed to beat anybody, but just shifted the ball half a yard and put in some great crosses.
He also had a good shot on him and scored some crackers for us, especially the one against Wednesday, which affords him legendary status at NYS.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
I see he was effectively sacked from Chelsea early in his career too, what kind of nobbish behaviour can we expect?
He used to go around telling everybody he’s played in the champions league when he’s on the lash. He’s had trouble with the law before, and only last year him and another player got in trouble downtown on a night out. To be fair to him, Donohue got criminally charged and sacked(Swindon shamelessly took him)Mellis was proven innocent but still received a fine and what not for poor behaviour.

Also what is going on? Mansfield seem to be actually getting rid of players instead of just adding more and more to their giant squad.

And I thought Morecambe were screwed for money. Ben Pringle left us to get more £££££ at Tranmere a while back. Potentially a good signing, but I'm not convinced they can afford that one.
Nobody has left since we sold CJ, also the Jamille Matt stuff isn’t a Mansfield town fan thing, I only seem to remember me and Adam saying we rate him, there’s plenty of L2 fans that appreciate he’s a decent player at this level.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
one we were rumoured to be interested in a few weeks ago - probably because he was on loan here a few years back. scored twice direct from corners in 1 match from what i recall.

Bottega Don

Lenging Man Down
Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Rumours we're trying to bring in Mitch Rose, Cox coached him at Notts County.

He just got released by a conference club so he can't be great. I do seem to remember him scoring what felt like a thousand penalties for Grimsby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominion

Latest posts