Stickied League 2 Transfer Rumours/Confirmed Transfers 2020/2021

GEORGE

Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
Abumere Ogogo who has been told he can leave -- I'm hearing Mansfield have today made an enquiry. Good strong midfielder.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
"A spending spree"... We haven't spent a penny on a fee to bring a player in for starters. And secondly we've signed 3 new players. Hardly a "spree" is it? Last season we had a squad of lets say 24. We had 9 on contract for the first day of pre season so the first team squad has been cut as well as other areas of the club.

The priority for any football club, as well as what goes on in the local community, is what goes on on the pitch. We have an extensive college setup, we do a lot of work internationally in Asia and North America, we do a shit ton in the community, we had a hotel that was run by the club on top of those that work behind the scenes in the club shop, in events, groundsman etc. I'm not saying the number on our pay roll would have been ridiculous, but it would have been one of the leading ones in League 2. Unfortunately, if we want to get back to League 1, we need to bring players in as we only had 9 and whilst it's regrettable, you're bound to see some redundancies in other departments that have to take a backseat. We're not happy at having to make cuts and it's hardly a decision that will have been taken lightly.

I wonder if you think similar to clubs that voted not to continue the season last season due to the financial implications that would be involved? The same ones that are signings players on the regular (and actually paying fees for them) and are happy to restart the season in near enough the exact same circumstances that we now face with the new season coming up. Probably not because in that case, we got relegated and you were absolutely made up.
Hotel...more bed breakfast hostel....Scouse and continental breakfast

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
So we've basically swapped Williams and Whitehouse, be interesting to see who does better.

Grimsby have got themselves a big talent in Willo, if he can get fit and near his form of December 2018 he'll tear up this league.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
So we've basically swapped Williams and Whitehouse, be interesting to see who does better.

Grimsby have got themselves a big talent in Willo, if he can get fit and near his form of December 2018 he'll tear up this league.
Both had massive injuries too, but Whitehouse was fit last season so you'd have to say he's the safer bet for game time. Had Williams had any other injuries before that leg break in August? Just read up on that a bit, didn't realise it was Zak Mills that did it.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Think he ruptured his ACL on loan at MK Dons from Fulham, then had quite a few set backs on the way back from that.

Had finally got a proper pre-season in last summer and was all set to be our main man according to Cooper, only to break his leg about 2 minutes into the 1st game of the season.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
According to twitter Dean Furman is training with Carlisle.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Been told its legit.
Probably to replace Tomlinson who’s likely to get sacked for misconduct soon.

That’s a rate good signing for this level, if it’s true anyway.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
According to someone on Deva Chat Harrogate have made a substantial offer for LB Joel Taylor, who was given a 2-year deal for this very possibility. Class player at this level.

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
We’ve rejected a bid from Hull for Randell Williams. I expect it was a bid just to test the water, but I fully expect he’ll be gone in a couple of weeks. Annoyingly, Watford have a 40% sell on clause so we won’t do too well out of the deal...

He’s got a year left on his deal so if we get £500k for him we’ll be doing well. He’ll be a huge loss so Taylor will need to somehow replace him.

Indian Dan

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
The problem now is that under normal circumstances a £500,000 player would expect, quite rightly, wages commensurate with that fee. A max of £2000 under the cap doesn’t get anywhere near.

Apart from the fact I don’t think he’s worth half that!

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
The problem now is that under normal circumstances a £500,000 player would expect, quite rightly, wages commensurate with that fee. A max of £2000 under the cap doesn’t get anywhere near.

maximum is for the squad not each player

Indian Dan

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
I know that, but doubling the squad average wage takes up 10% of the overall budget. There’s a fine line for clubs to tread between attracting players due to wages and, in effect, watering down the rest of the squad because of it.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
Randell will go for much more than £500,000 - I'd say £750,000-£1,000,000. If we are only offered £500k and given Watford take 40%, I'd hope we would turn it down. With ~£3m+ coming from the Ollie Watkins sale, we aren't desperate for cash, keep him for another year and just let his contract expire. Promotion is key this season and probably the best chance we'll have with most other clubs cash tight.

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC

He’s a typical winger, blows hot and cold occasionally, but when he’s on his game he’s unplayable at L2 level. He’d be an excellent signing for any L1 club, however jury’s out on whether he’d be good enough in the Championship.

Hopefully we will hold out and get a decent fee for him. As Devon Lad says, if the Watkins deal goes through and we bank a huge sum, we may just reject bids and risk losing him for nothing in the summer. However, a club our size will always need income from player sales, so I think he will be sold by the end of the month.

Indian Dan

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Randell will go for much more than £500,000 - I'd say £750,000-£1,000,000. If we are only offered £500k and given Watford take 40%, I'd hope we would turn it down. With ~£3m+ coming from the Ollie Watkins sale, we aren't desperate for cash, keep him for another year and just let his contract expire. Promotion is key this season and probably the best chance we'll have with most other clubs cash tight.
We’ve got 2 players OOC who we’re offering new contracts to that are both better than him.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
BREAKING NEWS: HOLLOWAY CONTINUES HIS RUMMAGE AROUND IN THE BARGAIN BASKET AND SIGNS ALHAGI TOURAY SISAY FROM ABERYSTWYTH TOWN AS THE FIFTH SIGNING GRIMSBY TOWN SIGNING OF THE SUMMER

immariner

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town FC
Grimsby have signed 6' 4", 20 year-old Spanish striker Alhagi Touray Sisay on an initial one year deal with the option for a second. Finished last season at Aberystwyth in the Welsh Premier, scoring 4 in 6. Was close to joining Hull last year. Feels like a bit of a punt this one.

Last edited:

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
We’ve got 2 players OOC who we’re offering new contracts to that are both better than him.
Not sure what that has to do with anything, even if true. Randell is better than Stockley, and younger. We sold Stockley for £700,000 and it would've been higher had he not had a release clause. There is no way Randell is going for £500,000 or less. 14 assists and 5 goals in 37 games. Plus he's only 23.

There's multiple Championship clubs after him, who've been scouting him for months.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Grimsby have signed 6' 4", 20 year-old Spanish striker Alhagi Touray Sisay on an initial one year deal with the option for a second Finished last season at Aberystwyth in the Welsh Premier, scoring 4 in 6. Was close to joining Hull last year. Feels like a bit of a punt this one.
Feels like all five of our signings are punts so far!

Indian Dan

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Not sure what that has to do with anything, even if true. Randell is better than Stockley, and younger. We sold Stockley for £700,000 and it would've been higher had he not had a release clause. There is no way Randell is going for £500,000 or less. 14 assists and 5 goals in 37 games. Plus he's only 23.

There's multiple Championship clubs after him, who've been scouting him for months.
They’re OOC so would cost nowt. Tbf, he looked shite in both PO games.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
He was exceptional in the second semi-final match. Probably our best player. Our entire team was crap in the final.
Must have been a great feeling to get promoted into L1 at Wembley for the second time in three seasons though?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominion

Latest posts