Stickied League 2 Transfer Rumours/Confirmed Transfers 2020/2021

Jonny Owen

Andy Butler is a god
Reaction score
Supports
Walsall FC
Twitter
@JonnyOwen12
We have rejected a bid of £100k for striker Josh Gordon from Burton Albion. Bit of an insulting offer to be honest even if he is in the last year of his contract, would much rather keep him and have a better chance of going up than that.

Luke Imp

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
We have rejected a bid of £100k for striker Josh Gordon from Burton Albion. Bit of an insulting offer to be honest even if he is in the last year of his contract, would much rather keep him and have a better chance of going up than that.
I'm surprised Burton are in a position to be offering £100k tbh.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
We've signed rb Jayden Richardson on loan from the other Forest. Seems like cover for Kane Wilson who could be out for quite a while.

Was on loan at Exeter last season.

ShrimpsMeltdown

Reaction score
Supports
Morecambe
We've signed full back Liam Gibson and midfielder Yann Songo'o this week.

I was getting abit excited when Jamie Devitt tweeted 2 videos of himself playing just for us as well, doubt that is happening now.

We still badly need a striker though.

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)

I was getting abit excited when Jamie Devitt tweeted 2 videos of himself playing just for us as well, doubt that is happening now.

Is your defence a bit leaky, if so, Yann will do a job for you? Do you need someone to act as an example and put their body on the line, if so, Yann will do a job for you? Do you need someone to make inch perfect passes, if so, don’t ask Yann.

When Adams had him last Yann was not so great at CB, but really good as a defensive midfielder supporting the back four. Became the rock in defence and was a crowd favourite.

Yann was brilliant without the ball, but for the first year or so when he had the ball I had to watch the game behind my fingers, and prayed that he passed it quickly to someone who knew what to do with the pigskin. Though to be fair to him he did work on his passing and ball control and they became ok.

Adams knows how to use him and you will be much harder team to beat.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Well we need something. 5-0 on saturday and now 4-0 down at the moment. Down to 10 aswell, this could end 20-0.
5-0 half time.....no need to get down its the same as your losing 1-0 when it comes to the cup

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Well we need something. 5-0 on saturday and now 4-0 down at the moment. Down to 10 aswell, this could end 20-0.
7 shots on target by newcastle and your losing 6-0 get rid of your keeper

It wont be Turner

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Our manager said after Saturdays match that we were close to a signing and could be done this week.

Im guessing after the governments decision to hand out a death sentence to lower league clubs, we won’t be looking to increase our current wage bill as we’ll need every spare penny we can get just to try and get through the next 6 months.

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
We've signed rb Jayden Richardson on loan from the other Forest. Seems like cover for Kane Wilson who could be out for quite a while.

Richardson did pretty well for us but randomly he was used at LB a fair bit, despite being a right back.

He’s quick and likes to get forward, but he’s still quite raw. I’d say he’s a good signing as he should be a fair amount better off the back of his loan spell with us.

Shame about Wilson’s injury, he’s a classy player. Hopefully he will come back stronger.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town

Gibson is a solid signing. Will do well for you.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum

Good player. Wouldn't have minded him back here. We also had Kane Wilson 2 seasons ago.

LS Bantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Dodgy Twitter account linking us with Gareth Evans but sounds like he’s off to Bolton.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
because not every team signed about 20 players in July/August like Bolton did
A bit in the paper today about the premier league bailing out the EFL. Looks like it is going to go off the size of Stadium and season tickets sold.....Looks like us and Bradford will get triple what some teams in this league will receive

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
A bit in the paper today about the premier league bailing out the EFL. Looks like it is going to go off the size of Stadium and season tickets sold.....Looks like us and Bradford will get triple what some teams in this league will receive
I heard it's being done on how many empty seats there are in your stadium usually, meaning Bolton are set for the next five years as a result.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
We had agreed terms with him and Blackpool, but we’ve apparently now pulled the plug on it due to the death sentence that was handed to clubs this week.

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
The BBC tonight are saying something different. First, that the PL claim they do not know what the EFL want the money for, and they appear to want precise details of who, how much and why. Second, they seem to be implying that it could be sort of means tested. That an EFL club needs to demonstrate need. So clubs like Brum who just sold someone for a load of moolar might not get anything. The article makes reference to Exeter maybe not getting any because of the Watkins windfall. Which to me sounds absolutely outrageous and wrong. Why should, someone like Stevenage get access to a loan and Exeter not?

Clubs who have been financially prudent or have long term income generation through their academies could be penalised, whereas the spendthrifts could be rescued.

What worries me is that such an illogical argument on financial imprudence would appeal to the EFL.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Need them by the looks of it, too.
The BBC tonight are saying something different. First, that the PL claim they do not know what the EFL want the money for, and they appear to want precise details of who, how much and why. Second, they seem to be implying that it could be sort of means tested. That an EFL club needs to demonstrate need. So clubs like Brum who just sold someone for a load of moolar might not get anything. The article makes reference to Exeter maybe not getting any because of the Watkins windfall. Which to me sounds absolutely outrageous and wrong. Why should, someone like Stevenage get access to a loan and Exeter not?

Clubs who have been financially prudent or have long term income generation through their academies could be penalised, whereas the spendthrifts could be rescued.

What worries me is that such an illogical argument on financial imprudence would appeal to the EFL.
I think the is a lot of sense in the article......Clubs like Brum,and Exeter have had windfalls and do not need the money.
Teams like Bolton have handed big contracts to players so quite rightly should receive a bigger share of the pot

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
So what you're saying is organisations should be rewarded for financial management?

Good one buddy.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
So what you're saying is organisations should be rewarded for financial management?

Good one buddy.
Yes we will have to sign a new 20 a season striker on 5k a week so we need a little help

AR27

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
We're making a signing tomorrow. All we've got is that he can play in a few positions so it could be anyone really. Few murmurs of it being Gareth Evans at Pompey but not sure how he'd fit in position wise so I doubt it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andy92