Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2022/23

BelizeHatter

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Id have preferred Critchley for us, and can see why you would too. Kolo def just looking at an asap stepping stone.

SMH

Reaction score
Supports
Wigan
Now I'm hearing we passed up Chris Wilder for this clown. It gets worse!!!

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Surely Wilder's wage demands are about £30k a week?

SMH

Reaction score
Supports
Wigan
Surely Wilder's wage demands are about £30k a week?
Doubt that. Just been sacked after taking a club on a good budget into the bottom three, he needs to build his reputation back up before he's earning wages like that again.

According the local rag, Kolo is the most expensive of the candidates and a sign of "commitment" from those upstairs that they've gone and got him. I call bullshit on that. He'll be on no more than 10k a week at the very most when considering that he has zero managerial experience. I have no idea how much compensation we'll be paying Leicester though.

Either way, it's the most bizarre Latics managerial appointment of my lifetime and we've had a few.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Doubt that. Just been sacked after taking a club on a good budget into the bottom three, he needs to build his reputation back up before he's earning wages like that again.

According the local rag, Kolo is the most expensive of the candidates and a sign of "commitment" from those upstairs that they've gone and got him. I call bullshit on that. He'll be on no more than 10k a week at the very most when considering that he has zero managerial experience. I have no idea how much compensation we'll be paying Leicester though.

Either way, it's the most bizarre Latics managerial appointment of my lifetime and we've had a few.
After what he did at Sheff Utd, I don't think his spell at Boro would have done that much damage to his rep. £30k a week for a manager isn't excessive at this level. We were paying Alex Neil £20k/pw after his second renewal, he'll easy be on £30k/pw at Stoke.

SMH

Reaction score
Supports
Wigan
After what he did at Sheff Utd, I don't think his spell at Boro would have done that much damage to his rep. £30k a week for a manager isn't excessive at this level. We were paying Alex Neil £20k/pw after his second renewal, he'll easy be on £30k/pw at Stoke.
The fact that you say 30k a week for a manager isn't excessive at this level only serves to prove just how broken this league is financially. Even you paying 20k a week for a manager is ridiculous. Around one million quid a year in a division that only hands out 6m worth of television money per team! But you have to do it to keep up with the rest and if we stay up, we'll have to go the same way which will no doubt lead to more financial shit for us down the line.

Reactions: SF_

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
The fact that you say 30k a week for a manager isn't excessive at this level only serves to prove just how broken this league is financially. Even you paying 20k a week for a manager is ridiculous. Around one million quid a year in a division that only hands out 6m worth of television money per team! But you have to do it to keep up with the rest and if we stay up, we'll have to go the same way which will no doubt lead to more financial shit for us down the line.
Guess we had little choice with Stoke and West Brom coming in for him. He was working miracles at the time.

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Wigan sack Toure.
What a waste of time that was. Not sure what the thought process was there if any.

4th time this season someone has been sacked immediately after having played us. Must mean we have been a bit lucky this season in playing sides in some really bad form!

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
Hmm don’t know, he was pretty long ball in style at Forest when he was there. Back end of time there was particularly turgid if I recall
Yes they blew the play-offs I remember on the final day.

Wigan sack Toure.
What a waste of time that was. Not sure what the thought process was there if any.

4th time this season someone has been sacked immediately after having played us. Must mean we have been a bit lucky this season in playing sides in some really bad form!
Watch out any managers of teams you play then!

Probably thought as Toure was a good defender he could sort their defence out...

I am not really sure how much coaching he did at Leicester...

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyeConway