Players - Ins & Outs

David Brent

Bolton Wanderers
Reaction score
Supports
Bolton Wanderers
Taken from the L2 forum, I thought it'd be good to see what people's opinions are on the current state of their squads.

Which players are out of contract? Which players would you like to see offered a new contract and which players will you throw in the bin? Any contracted players you would like to see leave? Any current loanees you wouldn’t mind returning next season?

My thoughts on Wanderers below:

Under Contract for Next Season
Joel Dixon
- GK - our no.1 for the first half of the season, quickly became apparent that he's not a starting L1 keeper. Wouldn't mind getting a better backup but he's fine as a no.2 for now. Contract until 2023
Ricardo Santos - CB - has been brilliant this season. Only contracted until 2023 so we'll have a decision to make on whether to sell him this summer as there's guaranteed to be interest from Championship clubs
George Johnston - CB - still developing as a player but generally been good this season. Contract until 2024
Will Aimson - CB - solid defensively, not so good with the ball at his feet but fine to keep around as cover. Contract until 2023
Gethin Jones - RB/RWB/RCB - solid pro, can play multiple positions. Will likely start for us next season at RB or RCB depending on formation. Contract until 2023
Declan John - LB/LWB - good season, will be the starting LWB for next season but we could do with a better than him at LB when we play 4 at the back. Contract until 2024
MJ Williams - CDM - could do with upgrading this summer but wouldn't be upset if he was starting come August. Contract until 2023
Kyle Dempsey - CM - starting quality CM in L1. Contract until 2024
Kieran Lee - CM - can't last a full season now due to likelihood of injury but still Championship standard when he does play. Worth keeping around I think. Contract until 2023
Aaron Morley - CM - superb passer of the ball. Still has some areas of his game he needs to work on but will go far this kid. Contract until 2025
Josh Sheehan - CM - coming off an ACL injury that has get him out since October. Can be effective in this division in the right setup. Contract until 2023
George Thomason - CM - not good enough really for a L1 promotion pushing side. Could do with being loaned out to a L2 team. Contract until 2023
Ronan Darcy - CAM - a tidy enough player but again not really good enough at this moment in time for regular first team football. Needs a L2 loan. Contract until 2023
Dapo Afolayan - LW/RW/CAM - Cardiff and Fulham rumoured to be interested. In reality most of the Championship will have been keeping tabs on him. Think he leaves this summer for circa £3m. Contract until 2024 so we're in no rush to sell.
Kieran Sadlier - LW/RW - good enough to start next season I think (in a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 at least) based on what we've seen of him so far. Contract until 2024.
Lloyd Isgrove - RW/RWB - a good pro but we need to be upgrading him this summer tbh as he doesn't provide enough quality in the final third. Contract until 2023.
Elias Kachunga - RW/ST - contributed a few key assists and goals this season but would be pleased to see him upgraded. Probably on a decent wedge as well. Contract until 2023.
Dion Charles - ST - likely our starting centre forward next season. Contract until 2025.
Jon Bodvarsson - ST - was sceptical as to how effective he would be but since he's got up to full fitness has been a revelation with some excellent performances and crucial goals. Contract until 2023.
Amadou Bakayoko - ST - has been superb coming off the bench this season with 10 goals and 4 assists but can't see him being a regular starter. Good to have around as a rotation option. Contract until 2023.

Out of Contract
Matt Gilks
- GK - started as no.1, had a shocker against MK Dons on the first day of the season. Now effectively retired will solely be GK coach next season opposed to the coaching/playing role he started the season in.
Alex Baptiste - CB - good career but past it now. Will likely retire.
Reiss Greenidge - CB - currently on loan at Barnet. Won't be re-signed.
Liam Edwards - CB - has had a horrific two years with injuries. Will be released but hope he gets picked up by a National League side and resurrects his career.
Adam Senior - RB/CB - youngster that needs a loan or some consistent B-team football. Will probably be offered a new deal as he's a local lad that loves the club and won't be asking for much.
Liam Gordon - LB/LWB - wasn't really good enough in L2 so very much out of his depth in L1. Will be released.
Andy Tutte - CM - has been out for most of the season with a hamstring injury. Decent for us in L2 but we've moved onto better things. Will be released.
Nathan Delfouneso - ST/LW/CAM - currently on loan at Bradford and barely featuring for them. Will be released.

Loan Ending
James Trafford
- GK - 19 year old loanee from Man City. Has been generally very good for us bar the odd mistake. Would love to see him back here next season but the rumour is he's off to Vincent Kompany's Anderlecht next season.
Marlon Fossey - RB/RWB - already back at Fulham after a knee injury in March ended his season. Would like to see him back here on a permanent next season. Only concern is his injury history but if deemed fit enough then he'd be a starter for us next term.
Xavier Amaechi - RW/LW - has only managed 10 league appearances for us this season after breaking his foot in pre-season. Former Arsenal academy player now at Hamburger SV. He'd still count as under-21 for next season so I wouldn't be against getting him back on loan.

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Apart from the youth players our entire first team is out of contract in the summer (transfer embargo only allows you to offer one year deals and the last couple of longer contracts will run out). Of those only Tucker and Oliver will move on to better things, Masterson is on a short term deal and we may try to keep him depending on which division we find ourselves in. Not really sure about the rest, a few would do a decent enough job in league 2.

Apparently our embargo will be lifted in the summer according to our latest chairman’s letter. A big rebuilding job required regardless.

GFC4EVA

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Apart from the youth players our entire first team is out of contract in the summer (transfer embargo only allows you to offer one year deals and the last couple of longer contracts will run out). Of those only Tucker and Oliver will move on to better things, Masterson is on a short term deal and we may try to keep him depending on which division we find ourselves in. Not really sure about the rest, a few would do a decent enough job in league 2.

Apparently our embargo will be lifted in the summer according to our latest chairman’s letter. A big rebuilding job required regardless.
Would like to re sign masterson if possible as well as Ben Thompson but only chance of that is if we're still in league one, Okeefe is still under contract according to a recent interview with him would re sign Lloyd if he can prove his fitness but tbh wouldn't be to fussed if the rest all left

Reactions: PuB

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Would like to re sign masterson if possible as well as Ben Thompson but only chance of that is if we're still in league one, Okeefe is still under contract according to a recent interview with him would re sign Lloyd if he can prove his fitness but tbh wouldn't be to fussed if the rest all left
I meant to put Thompson when I put Masterson, but yes, I agree the point stands the same regarding both.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
1. Owen Evans - GK - Been number 1 most of the season, but has struggled at times. Will need to improve, but expecting a loanee to come in.

2. Sean Long - RB/RWB/CB/CM - On a deal until 2024 - been absolutely crucial this season due to his flexibility.

5. Charlie Raglan - CB - On a deal until 2023 - important player.

6. Lewis Freestone - LB/CB - On a deal until 2023 - decent backup.

10. Alfie May - FW - Player of the year, signed a 3 and half year deal in January. Will be allowed to go if a bid comes in but only for silly money.

17. Matty Blair - RWB/RW - On a deal until 2023 - still one of our most important players

19. George Lloyd - CF - On a deal until 2024 - next season really is make or break for Lloydy. Being a local lad he gets a lot more slack than other players, and no-one can dispute his tenacity.

21. Charlie Brown - CF - On a deal until 2023 - Barely played since signing due to getting an injury. Looked ok in the sporadic appearances I've seen of him.

23. Elliot Bonds - CM - On a deal until 2023 - proving to be an extremely important player, hopefully we can tie him down on a new deal before next summer.

24. Grant Horton - CB - On a deal until 2023 - currently on loan at Shamrock Rovers in Ireland.

25. Callum Ebanks - CF - On a deal until 2023 - Not really played any higher than Southern League level. Will need to impress next season to have any chance of getting a new deal. Still only 19, so time is on his side.

28. Ben Williams - LB/LWB - On a deal until 2024 - Been brilliant until he got injured. Massively important player for next season.

Out of Contract
8. Liam Sercombe - CM - Highest earner at the club, Bristol Rovers expressed an interest in January and I expect him to end up there.

11. Ellis Chapman - CM - Been offered a new deal apparently, if he can stay fit then he will be a good signing.

14. Andy Williams - CF - Genuinely believe he only stayed in the summer because he had a clause meaning we had to offer him a new deal. Has never let us down, but age is not on his side and he made a farewell appearance last weekend.

15. Will Boyle - CB - Turned down a new deal in November and has been linked with Portsmouth, Preston and Sheffield Wednesday. Either way, he won't be a Robins player next season, and I'll be devastated to see him go.

18. Reece Hutchinson - LB - Expect him to be offered a new deal as a back up to Ben WIlliams.

20. Scott Flinders - GK - Been back up most of the season, and he'll be off. Was given a runout last weekend as a goodbye - wish him all the best.

22. Max Harris - GK - Young keeper who has apparently done well on loan at Weston. Suspect he'll be offered another deal and loaned out again.

26. Dylan Barkers - CM - Made a couple of starts before being loaned out to Gloucester where he hasn't even got onto their bench in a couple of games - he'll be let go.

40. Charlie Colkett - CM - Looked ok in patches. Really don't know if he'll be offered a deal or not.

Loan Expiring
4. Mattie Pollock - CB - Will return to Watford and be looking to push into their first team if they're relegated.

16. Callum Wright - CM - I don't know where he'll be next season, but there's no chance he's coming back to Whaddon Road. Been absolutely fantastic all season and will be in the Championship at least.

27. Aaron Ramsey - CM - One player I could see back at Whaddon Road next season. Has done a lot of good things, but still has a lot of growing to do.

29. Kion Etete - CF - Been fantastic for us - expected to be sent to the Championship next season.

31. Jamie Soule - CF - Local lad who has basically been at the club on trial from West Brom - hasn't made a single appearance.

Dinmiru

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton Wanderers
Taken from the L2 forum, I thought it'd be good to see what people's opinions are on the current state of their squads.

Which players are out of contract? Which players would you like to see offered a new contract and which players will you throw in the bin? Any contracted players you would like to see leave? Any current loanees you wouldn’t mind returning next season?

My thoughts on Wanderers below:

Joel Dixon
- GK - our no.1 for the first half of the season, quickly became apparent that he's not a starting L1 keeper. Wouldn't mind getting a better backup but he's fine as a no.2 for now. Contract until 2023
Ricardo Santos - CB - has been brilliant this season. Only contracted until 2023 so we'll have a decision to make on whether to sell him this summer as there's guaranteed to be interest from Championship clubs
George Johnston - CB - still developing as a player but generally been good this season. Contract until 2024
Will Aimson - CB - solid defensively, not so good with the ball at his feet but fine to keep around as cover. Contract until 2023
Gethin Jones - RB/RWB/RCB - solid pro, can play multiple positions. Will likely start for us next season at RB or RCB depending on formation. Contract until 2023
Declan John - LB/LWB - good season, will be the starting LWB for next season but we could do with a better than him at LB when we play 4 at the back. Contract until 2024
MJ Williams - CDM - could do with upgrading this summer but wouldn't be upset if he was starting come August. Contract until 2023
Kyle Dempsey - CM - starting quality CM in L1. Contract until 2024
Kieran Lee - CM - can't last a full season now due to likelihood of injury but still Championship standard when he does play. Worth keeping around I think. Contract until 2023
Aaron Morley - CM - superb passer of the ball. Still has some areas of his game he needs to work on but will go far this kid. Contract until 2025
Josh Sheehan - CM - coming off an ACL injury that has get him out since October. Can be effective in this division in the right setup. Contract until 2023
George Thomason - CM - not good enough really for a L1 promotion pushing side. Could do with being loaned out to a L2 team. Contract until 2023
Ronan Darcy - CAM - a tidy enough player but again not really good enough at this moment in time for regular first team football. Needs a L2 loan. Contract until 2023
Dapo Afolayan - LW/RW/CAM - Cardiff and Fulham rumoured to be interested. In reality most of the Championship will have been keeping tabs on him. Think he leaves this summer for circa £3m. Contract until 2024 so we're in no rush to sell.
Kieran Sadlier - LW/RW - good enough to start next season I think (in a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 at least) based on what we've seen of him so far. Contract until 2024.
Lloyd Isgrove - RW/RWB - a good pro but we need to be upgrading him this summer tbh as he doesn't provide enough quality in the final third. Contract until 2023.
Elias Kachunga - RW/ST - contributed a few key assists and goals this season but would be pleased to see him upgraded. Probably on a decent wedge as well. Contract until 2023.
Dion Charles - ST - likely our starting centre forward next season. Contract until 2025.
Jon Bodvarsson - ST - was sceptical as to how effective he would be but since he's got up to full fitness has been a revelation with some excellent performances and crucial goals. Contract until 2023.
Amadou Bakayoko - ST - has been superb coming off the bench this season with 10 goals and 4 assists but can't see him being a regular starter. Good to have around as a rotation option. Contract until 2023.

Out of Contract
Matt Gilks
- GK - started as no.1, had a shocker against MK Dons on the first day of the season. Now effectively retired will solely be GK coach next season opposed to the coaching/playing role he started the season in.
Alex Baptiste - CB - good career but past it now. Will likely retire.
Reiss Greenidge - CB - currently on loan at Barnet. Won't be re-signed.
Liam Edwards - CB - has had a horrific two years with injuries. Will be released but hope he gets picked up by a National League side and resurrects his career.
Adam Senior - RB/CB - youngster that needs a loan or some consistent B-team football. Will probably be offered a new deal as he's a local lad that loves the club and won't be asking for much.
Liam Gordon - LB/LWB - wasn't really good enough in L2 so very much out of his depth in L1. Will be released.
Andy Tutte - CM - has been out for most of the season with a hamstring injury. Decent for us in L2 but we've moved onto better things. Will be released.
Nathan Delfouneso - ST/LW/CAM - currently on loan at Bradford and barely featuring for them. Will be released.

Loan Ending
James Trafford
- GK - 19 year old loanee from Man City. Has been generally very good for us bar the odd mistake. Would love to see him back here next season but the rumour is he's off to Vincent Kompany's Anderlecht next season.
Marlon Fossey - RB/RWB - already back at Fulham after a knee injury in March ended his season. Would like to see him back here on a permanent next season. Only concern is his injury history but if deemed fit enough then he'd be a starter for us next term.
Xavier Amaechi - RW/LW - has only managed 10 league appearances for us this season after breaking his foot in pre-season. Former Arsenal academy player now at Hamburger SV. He'd still count as under-21 for next season so I wouldn't be against getting him back on loan.
Of all the contracted players I can Darcy heading back out on loan again preferably to a league two club for once, Thomason certainly has something about him but our midfield is going to be incredibly strong at this level with Morley. Sheehan, Dempsey, Lee & MJ... it's a good bet that George heads out on loan to start regular games. All the out of contract players will be gone except Senior who has potential so extend & loan out. Do all we can do bring Fossey back, Trafford would have back at a heartbeat but if City get him a move to Belgium or the Champ then I'd like to see us bring a proper trustworthy no.1 on a permanent who we can keep instead of these constant changes in the sticks we have season on season. Amaechi although a talent missed far too much of the season through injury & is apparently on some big wages in Germany I know he took a wage cut but even at the wages we're probably paying is too much for an unreliable luxury player who doesn't seem to fit into our tactic.

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
We’re in a really good position regarding player contracts. All of our own key players have deals going into next season so only huge offers will see us lose any of those.

I expect we’ll offer deals to Jonathan Grounds and Callum Rowe who’ve been useful squad players of late.

We do have a couple of loans ending which will need replacing:

GK Cameron Dawson who’s been arguably the best ‘keeper I’ve seen in 30 years, will go back to Sheffield Wednesday. If they go up, we may stand a small chance of keeping him, but realistically I can’t see him being here next season.

Striker Offrande Zanzala could well sign permanently. He lacks finesse but he’s strong, good at keeping the ball and gives us a physical edge up top. It’s a squad game and while he’s not likely to score many, I’d have him as backup. He also did ok for Accy in L1 a couple of years ago.

Taylor has said he wants to bring in 4 or 5 players that will enhance our current squad. IF no one leaves and we do some shrewd business in the summer, I think we’ll be comfortably mid table next season.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Didn't even know Courtney Duffus was at Morecambe. Was in our youth team until we sold him to Everton for a really decent fee.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
I’d genuinely happily see the back of the entirety of our squad with the exception of 6 or 7.

Off the top of my head I’d keep

George Dobson
Jayden Stockley
Corey Blackett-Taylor
Sean Clare
Chuks Aneke (only because he’s got 3 years left and we’ve got no choice)
Ashley Maynard Brewer
Conor Washington (maybe)

The rest can just go.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Some big holes to fill in our squad, and with 19 under contract it's not exactly one we can overhaul. Plenty of movement for us this summer but at least this season we don't have 3 weeks between the PO final and pre-season starting!

Loans will go back
GK - Josh Griffiths (WBA)
RB - Brooke Norton-Cuffey (Arsenal)
CM- Lewis Fiorini (Man City)
RW - Morgan Whittaker (Swansea)
ST - Liam Cullen (Swansea)

Josh's season was cut short because of injury and has been back at WBA for a few weeks. As much as we'd like it, there's a zero chance of BNC being in L1 next season, he's ready for a Championship loan move IMO. Plays very similar to Spence at Forest. The other three, not fussed about albeit Fiorini ended the season really strongly and I have some sympathy for him this season because our midfield was a shit show and recruitment a shambles in there. Whittaker is too hot and cold as you'd expect from a young winger but is capable of something, whilst Cullen runs around a lot but has minimal contribution.

Out of contract
CB - Max Melbourne (transfer listed the last year, already confirmed he's left)
CB - Adam Jackson (release, another injury prone one and with Walsh having another year left on his deal and Montsma doing his ACL, we need someone we can rely on to play week in, week out)
DM- Liam Bridcutt (release, we're a much better side when he's playing, but made of glass now)
CM - Connor McGrandles (keep, but probably heading back to Scotland as was mooted in January but he's seen the season out)
ST - John Marquis (release, won't be able to afford him on a longer term deal. Didn't quite click here for him but a decent L1 player)

Under contract
GK - Sam Long (keep, young lad currently on loan at Drogheda, needs to go out on loan for a full season IMO)
GK - Jordan Wright (keep, will do as a second choice 'keeper but nowhere near good enough to be Number 1)

CB - Lewis Montsma (keep but out until November with an ACL)
CB - Joe Walsh (Rolls Royce of a defender when he's fit, which unfortunately is very rarely. Keep, providing we don't have to rely on him to be a first choice CB)
CB - Regan Poole (Keep, had a good season, picked up all the end of season awards but that was also because of how the season has gone generally i.e. very poor)
CB - TJ Eyoma (Keep, but nowhere near the player we saw last season on loan from Spurs)

LB - Sean Roughan (keep, young lad currently on loan at Drogheda as well and another whoneeds to go out on loan for a full season IMO)
LB - Jamie Robson (Keep, taken time to bed in but could turn into a solid LB)
LB - Cohen Bramall (Get rid, never been convinced. Good going forward, pace to burn but isn't a defender who likes defending)

CM - Lasse Sorenson (Undecided, I thought there might be a player in there, but the more I see of him, the more I think he's one of those players who's in and around the action but doesn't actually contribute anything)
CM - Ted Bishop (Keep, feel sorry for Ted because he's played in RB, DM, CM, AM, RW and LW this season and has still performed better than others)
CM - Max Sanders (undecided, didn't get a sniff under MA who continually pointed to his training performance, or lack of. Can't have been any worse than others in midfield this season so should have had more chances).
CM - Chris Maguire (get rid, massive disappointment who only turned up away at Sunderland. Spends more time winding the opposition up than playing)

RW/LW - Theo Archibald (undecided, another MA one who was signed and then didn't play. Had a decent season in L2 but it's a jump to L1. Might be one we choose to cash in on if the offer is right).
RW/LW - Hakeeb Adelakun (Undecided, hasn't settled at all. Out on a season long loan to get him game time)
LW - Anthony Scully (Keep, 15 goals in an injury hit season and only one year left on his deal so perhaps one we'll have to cash in on unfortunately)

ST - Ben House (Keep, signed in January from Eastleigh. In keeping with our injury record this season, he broke his collarbone and dislocated his shoulder in the penultimate game of the season)
ST - Charlie Kendall (Keep, signed in January but loaned him back to Eastbourne for the season where he's their top scorer with 24 (and they're in the PO's))
ST - Tom Hopper (Keep, we won't find anyone better in our budget to do what he does for the side and is a solid L1 player. Disrupted season for him because of a one long injury lay-off).

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Under Contract for next season:

James Brophy - LW - He's had an excellent season and we can see why he was given a 3 year deal in the summer. He had to win a few fans over at the start but he's been superb and I look forward to seeing him next season.

Paul Digby - CDM - Ever present and captain marvel after Greg Taylor's injury. Won the BBC Radio Cambs player of the year.

Lloyd Jones - CB - Missed a chunk of the middle season down to injury but we managed to cope. We are a much better team with him in it.

Dimitar Mitov - GK - Cleaned up with the POTY awards and has had a lot of scouts watching him after his performance away to Newcastle in the FA Cup. I think we will try to sell him in the summer with Luton, Newcastle and Bolton the teams I've heard are interested.

George Williams - RB - Bristol Rovers fans laughed when we signed him but I was more interested in what MK Dons fans had to say and they were right. A real leader and a solid 7 out of 10 every game. My pick for POTY.

Shilow Tracey - RW - A really pacey exciting winger who got a bad injury away to Cheltenham and the form of Sam Smith saw him limited to sub appearances when he come back.

Sam Smith - ST/RW - His form has been incredible since Joe Ironside got injured and had to change his game to a no.9 hold up type. 22 goals in all comps so I'm sure he will have enquires over the summer.

Harvey Knibbs - CAM - Harvey was always shunted out wide because of his pace but it's not his game. Bonner then started playing him in the hole behind Smith or Ironside and he's been outstanding with his workrate.

Jubril Okedina - CB - A young and exciting central defender signed from Tottenham who will go higher. He needs to cut out the odd mistake from lack of concentration but he's only 20. He's had a fine season and my vote for YPOTY.

Lewis Simper - CM - Academy player who got game time towards the end of the season. I think he'll be more involved next season from the bench.

Joe Ironside - ST - He had an outstanding first half of the season but then picked up an ankle injury which halted his season. I heard Rotherham wanted him in Jan but he got injured. A proper old fashion hold up type who is vital to us.

Jack Lankester - RW - signed from Ipswich in the summer but missed the whole of pre-season. Needs to come back fit this summer.

Out of contract :

Wes Hoolahan - CAM - The best player I've seen wear the shirt. At 39 he took the piss in league two and some league one games. I think he will now retire or go over to Ireland to play.

Jack Iredale - LB/LW/LCB/CM - He has played all those positions for us over the two seasons and has been outstanding. He got better and better this season and I think he'll either go to a big League One club or the SPL. A lockdown legend who deserves his move.

Adam May - CM/CAM - 5 goals this season and played a lot of games given our small squad. Young and improving so hopefully he signs a new deal.

Liam O'Neil - CDM - He's been with us four years now but he's always injured so I would release and upgrade this position. Especially with Simper coming through.

Greg Taylor - CB - A really tough decision this one. He got a bad injury away to Plymouth which ended his season. I think he might be released if the rumours are true Michael Morrison is signing.

Harrison Dunk - LB - What a player. he's been with us for over 10 years from non league and he keepers defying me and improving which each season. Keep.

Liam Bennett - RB - A top youngster coming through who has a year option which I'm sure the club will trigger. He is going to be a top top player.

Ben Worman - CM - Another youngster who come though this season and the club also have a year option on him. Keep.

Will Mannion - GK - Back up keeper, I've not seen much of him but played the last few games and done ok. Keep as back up.

Kai McKenzie Lyle - GK - Release. When Mitov got injured we got an emergency keeper in so clearly not rated.

Loans returned to clubs:

Sam Sherring (Bournmouth)
Jensen Weir (Brighton)
Lorent Tolaj (Brighton)

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton Wanderers
Under Contract for next season:

James Brophy - LW - He's had an excellent season and we can see why he was given a 3 year deal in the summer. He had to win a few fans over at the start but he's been superb and I look forward to seeing him next season.

Paul Digby - CDM - Ever present and captain marvel after Greg Taylor's injury. Won the BBC Radio Cambs player of the year.

Lloyd Jones - CB - Missed a chunk of the middle season down to injury but we managed to cope. We are a much better team with him in it.

Dimitar Mitov - GK - Cleaned up with the POTY awards and has had a lot of scouts watching him after his performance away to Newcastle in the FA Cup. I think we will try to sell him in the summer with Luton, Newcastle and Bolton the teams I've heard are interested.

George Williams - RB - Bristol Rovers fans laughed when we signed him but I was more interested in what MK Dons fans had to say and they were right. A real leader and a solid 7 out of 10 every game. My pick for POTY.

Shilow Tracey - RW - A really pacey exciting winger who got a bad injury away to Cheltenham and the form of Sam Smith saw him limited to sub appearances when he come back.

Sam Smith - ST/RW - His form has been incredible since Joe Ironside got injured and had to change his game to a no.9 hold up type. 22 goals in all comps so I'm sure he will have enquires over the summer.

Harvey Knibbs - CAM - Harvey was always shunted out wide because of his pace but it's not his game. Bonner then started playing him in the hole behind Smith or Ironside and he's been outstanding with his workrate.

Jubril Okedina - CB - A young and exciting central defender signed from Tottenham who will go higher. He needs to cut out the odd mistake from lack of concentration but he's only 20. He's had a fine season and my vote for YPOTY.

Lewis Simper - CM - Academy player who got game time towards the end of the season. I think he'll be more involved next season from the bench.

Joe Ironside - ST - He had an outstanding first half of the season but then picked up an ankle injury which halted his season. I heard Rotherham wanted him in Jan but he got injured. A proper old fashion hold up type who is vital to us.

Jack Lankester - RW - signed from Ipswich in the summer but missed the whole of pre-season. Needs to come back fit this summer.

Out of contract :

Wes Hoolahan - CAM - The best player I've seen wear the shirt. At 39 he took the piss in league two and some league one games. I think he will now retire or go over to Ireland to play.

Jack Iredale - LB/LW/LCB/CM - He has played all those positions for us over the two seasons and has been outstanding. He got better and better this season and I think he'll either go to a big League One club or the SPL. A lockdown legend who deserves his move.

Adam May - CM/CAM - 5 goals this season and played a lot of games given our small squad. Young and improving so hopefully he signs a new deal.

Liam O'Neil - CDM - He's been with us four years now but he's always injured so I would release and upgrade this position. Especially with Simper coming through.

Greg Taylor - CB - A really tough decision this one. He got a bad injury away to Plymouth which ended his season. I think he might be released if the rumours are true Michael Morrison is signing.

Harrison Dunk - LB - What a player. he's been with us for over 10 years from non league and he keepers defying me and improving which each season. Keep.

Liam Bennett - RB - A top youngster coming through who has a year option which I'm sure the club will trigger. He is going to be a top top player.

Ben Worman - CM - Another youngster who come though this season and the club also have a year option on him. Keep.

Will Mannion - GK - Back up keeper, I've not seen much of him but played the last few games and done ok. Keep as back up.

Kai McKenzie Lyle - GK - Release. When Mitov got injured we got an emergency keeper in so clearly not rated.

Loans returned to clubs:

Sam Sherring (Bournmouth)
Jensen Weir (Brighton)
Lorent Tolaj (Brighton)
Iredale to Bolton looks nailed on

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
What’s wrong with him ?

Put a transfer request in when we were flying at the time for reasons still unclear.
Warne initially dropped him but gradually brought him back into the team and he put a some decent performances in and scored a few.
Then it seemed like he just decided to not bother trying culminating in Warne losing patience with him and leaving him out of the squad and him not even travelling with the team.

Nobody seems to know what has gone on but Plymouth fans warned us that his attitude was "it's all about Freddie" and he's proved them spot on.

It's a pity because his goalscoring record with us has been about 1 in 3 but his work ethic is about 4 out of 10.
He has scored some fantastic goals and missed some amazing sitters, consistant he definitely is not.

We have an option to extend his contract so we can get a fee for him but most Millers just want him gone.

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Put a transfer request in when we were flying at the time for reasons still unclear.
Warne initially dropped him but gradually brought him back into the team and he put a some decent performances in and scored a few.
Then it seemed like he just decided to not bother trying culminating in Warne losing patience with him and leaving him out of the squad and him not even travelling with the team.

Nobody seems to know what has gone on but Plymouth fans warned us that his attitude was "it's all about Freddie" and he's proved them spot on.

It's a pity because his goalscoring record with us has been about 1 in 3 but his work ethic is about 4 out of 10.
He has scored some fantastic goals and missed some amazing sitters, consistant he definitely is not.

We have an option to extend his contract so we can get a fee for him but most Millers just want him gone.
Whenever I’ve seen him - even the highlights on quest, he looks fantastic- but that’s only the good bits in fairness that you see on tv.
Looks like his ego will see him go then.

SMH

Reaction score
Supports
Wigan
Only four players out of contract with us if you include loan players going back to parent clubs. This is due to the vast majority of our squad being signed this summer, I know we have loads out of contract in 2023.

Luke Robinson - part of the FA Youth Cup quarter-final squad. Played a lot in 20/21 but only played once last season, got torched by Ogbene in August so was subbed off and not seen again for the seniors. Only 20 so I suspect we'll offer him a deal and then possibly look to loan him out.

Tom Bayliss - On loan from PNE, he'll go back there. Not done enough or played enough to earn a permanent deal.

James McClean - He'll be back as long as we come to an agreement regarding wages. Only reason we could afford him this season is because Stoke paid up a big chunk of his wages to get him off their books, allowing him to accept lesser wages to join us. No doubt he'll want a rise, but no chance could we afford what he was getting paid at Stoke, so the two parties will have to meet in the middle somewhere.

Gavin Massey - His last contract was signed in summer 2019 when his stock was at its highest, so I assume he's one of our highest earners despite only being a squad player these days. We'll either release him or offer him terms at vastly reduced wages. I suspect he'll land at a top end L1 club, he's still good enough to operate at that level, but he's not as quick as he was and is very injury prone.

Kell Watts - On loan from Newcastle, has had two season long L1 loans now so I suspect he'll do pre season for them and then either be loaned to the Championship or be sold. I have no idea if we'll be in for him, either on loan, permanent or at all. One of those where I wouldn't be disappointed at all if we resigned him, but at the same time would understand if the club fancied being able to find better. I'm a fan of his though, his ability on the ball should suit the Championship and he's only going to get better as a player. Left-sided centre-halves are not easy to find either, so his stock will be high I suspect whatever happens.

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Whenever I’ve seen him - even the highlights on quest, he looks fantastic- but that’s only the good bits in fairness that you see on tv.
Looks like his ego will see him go then.

There have been rumours that he turned a move to Sunderland down in January because he wants to be nearer home as his mother is not well.

What doesn't add up to me is that Warney is the most compassionate man you could meet, he has always given players time away for any family reasons so it may not be as simple as that.

If she really is ill why not just say so, fans would understand that and cut him some slack.

nelsonpfc

Reaction score
Supports
Pompey
Loan players gone back

Bazunu - Man City
Hayden Carter - Blackburn
George Hirst - Leicester
Tyler Walker - Coventry
Marlon Romeo - Millwall

Players out of contract that will be released
Paul Downing
Callum Johnson
Shaun Williams
Ollie Webber

Players out of contract who we'd like to keep
Aiden O'Brien
Sean Raggett
Louise Thompson
Michael Jacobs
Marcus Harness (has year option)
Jay Mingi (u21)
Jayden Reid (u21)
Reeco Hackett

Players in contract

GK Alex Bass
LB/LWB Denver Hume
LB/CB Conor Ogilvie
LWB Liam Vincent (u21)
CB Clarke Robertson
RB Kieron Freeman
CM Joe Morrell
CM Ryan Tunnicliffe
LW Ronan Curtis

Linked players - Matt Butcher from Accrington - Is a Pompey Lad, we tried for him last summer, but Accrington wanted actual money for him.
Kyle Wotten - out of contract Notts Country striker - Went for him in January but couldn't afford the transfer fee
Jamie Lindsey - Went for him in January, but Rotherham wouldn't sell. Out of contract this summer

Wanted - George Hirst and Hayden Carter back on loan - George Hirst is more likely than Hayden Carter
Also

We need a first choice GK, RB, RCB, 2 CM, 3 FW, possible a RW to replace Harness who's been linked with Swansea

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Loan players gone back

Bazunu - Man City
Hayden Carter - Blackburn
George Hirst - Leicester
Tyler Walker - Coventry
Marlon Romeo - Millwall

Players out of contract that will be released
Paul Downing
Callum Johnson
Shaun Williams
Ollie Webber

Players out of contract who we'd like to keep
Aiden O'Brien
Sean Raggett
Louise Thompson
Michael Jacobs
Marcus Harness (has year option)
Jay Mingi (u21)
Jayden Reid (u21)
Reeco Hackett

Players in contract

GK Alex Bass
LB/LWB Denver Hume
LB/CB Conor Ogilvie
LWB Liam Vincent (u21)
CB Clarke Robertson
RB Kieron Freeman
CM Joe Morrell
CM Ryan Tunnicliffe
LW Ronan Curtis

Linked players - Matt Butcher from Accrington - Is a Pompey Lad, we tried for him last summer, but Accrington wanted actual money for him.
Kyle Wotten - out of contract Notts Country striker - Went for him in January but couldn't afford the transfer fee
Jamie Lindsey - Went for him in January, but Rotherham wouldn't sell. Out of contract this summer

Wanted - George Hirst and Hayden Carter back on loan - George Hirst is more likely than Hayden Carter
Also

We need a first choice GK, RB, RCB, 2 CM, 3 FW, possible a RW to replace Harness who's been linked with Swansea

I would be surprised if we don't offer Jamie Lindsey a contract, he was actually better in the Championship than in League 1.

Unless of course, Will Vaulkes (OOC at Cardiff) wants to take a big drop in pay and come back home.

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
GK Alex Bass
LB/LWB Denver Hume
LB/CB Conor Ogilvie
LWB Liam Vincent (u21)
CB Clarke Robertson
RB Kieron Freeman
CM Joe Morrell
CM Ryan Tunnicliffe
LW Ronan Curtis
So after last summer's rebuild, we face another rebuild. Of those 9 players, 3 play in the same position and we have no strikers!

The big difference is that we don't really have much dead wood under contract this time. Other than Bass and Curtis they are all Cowley men.

Of the 8 we'd like to keep, I'm mostly hoping for these to re-sign:
Aiden O'Brien (needs to be one of the minimum 4 strikers)
Sean Raggett (player of the season, which is normally the kiss of death, he may wait to see if there is any Championship interest before signing)
Louis Thompson (did more than enough on a pay-per-game basis to earn a proper contract)
Michael Jacobs (our most creative player - I think this is unlikely as we've apparently only offered a per-game deal. Wouldn't blame him if he left for a proper contract at his age)
Marcus Harness (getting interest from the Championship and we'd definitely sell if a reasonable offer came in. It's been a long time since we've actually brought in a decent fee for a player.)

Cowley has instructed the board to push the boat out to bring back George Hirst and Hayden Carter, either on loan or permanent. Hirst's improvement this season has been remarkable. He's big, quick, got decent touch and has now started to score goals. Hopefully no Championship team has noticed him yet. Carter is a class act who loves to go on marauding runs. Both players have the scope to keep on improving.

I'd add out-of-contract Will Boyle to the list of players we're interested in, especially if Raggett leaves.

David Brent

Bolton Wanderers
Reaction score
Supports
Bolton Wanderers
I would be surprised if we don't offer Jamie Lindsey a contract, he was actually better in the Championship than in League 1.

Unless of course, Will Vaulkes (OOC at Cardiff) wants to take a big drop in pay and come back home.
He’s been injured a fair bit this season hasn’t he? Is that a common theme with him or is this season more of a one off?

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
He’s been injured a fair bit this season hasn’t he? Is that a common theme with him or is this season more of a one off?

He's been involved in 26 games but only 15 starts, not really because of injuries, more because Ollie Rathbone has been brilliant since he signed from Rochdale.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Our retained/released list will be out on Monday, if recent tradition is to be followed, the club usually give the names of players who have been offered a new contract after their previous one had expired. As far as I am aware we only have eight players with a contract for next season, as follows:

Luke McGee - GK - Pretty decent keeper, should be OK for L1
Lewis Thomas - GK - Fine as back up, most memorable for performance against Bristol City in Carabao Cup
Udoka Godwin-Malife - DF - Young defender, loads of promise, bit of pace but an occasional error in him
Harvey Bunker - DF - Academy Graduate, spent most of the season out on loan, haven't seen him play
Ben Stevenson - MF - Capable midfielder, should adjust to L1 with ease.
Regan Hendry - MF - Box to box midfielder, reads game well, great vision and distribution.
Jamille Matt - FW - Captain and leader, on and off the pitch, hope his legs are up to L1
Matty Stevens - FW - Certainly made the grade this season, recovery from ACL will keep him out for a while

I have seen comments about defenders Bailey Cargill and Jordan Moore-Taylor having contracts until the end of next season, can't remember seeing anything official from the club about that but hope it is true. I understand that the club have offered new contracts to Ebou Adams, Kane Wilson and Nicky Cadden, clearly I can't confirm any of that but anticipate that they will all be of interest to other teams, we may struggle to keep any of them.

The manager has indicated that there are big changes afoot so I don't expect too many of our out of contract players to be retained.

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
These are out of contract in the summer:

Joe Jacobson - LB - a cornerstone of the squad over the last few seasons, but getting on a bit. I suspect we'll offer him a one year contract, but at the same time we need to be looking to the future in terms of a new LB regardless of which division we end up in next season.

Dominic Gape - CM - was out for most of this season but is still a class act in terms of playing the holding midfield role. Imagine we'll give him a 1-year contract, although the injury record may prevent us looking to give him a longer one.

Anthony Stewart - CB - will easily get a new deal, had a period of indifferent form earlier this season but he seems to be back to 100% now.

Sam Vokes - CF - no-brainer to re-sign him if he wants to, maybe another team will poach him if we don't go up though.

Lewis Wing - CM - only signed midway through this campaign, till the end of the season. Certainly a decent player, took a while to fit in but has turned in some decent performances. It's another one where I think he may stay if we get promoted, or leave if we stay down in L1.

David Stockdale - GK - well he shared the golden glove for this season so I can't see us getting rid of him

Daryl Horgan - AM - was completely out of the squad for a long time, but has worked his way back in towards the end. Can be a little frustrating, does lots of clever things but doesn't always deliver that killer cross that you'd hope for. I think we'd need to sign better if we go up.

Anis Mehmeti - LW - one of those players that can add the extra touch of quality that can win you games, obvious keep

Akinfenwa - retiring.

Plus a load of players in what is called our "development squad" which is basically our reserves without formally having a reserve side, most are on loan. Chris Forino-Joseph at CB is the only one of these who's made a bunch of appearances in the first XI this season, he'll definitely get a new contract, not sure about the others.

So...quite a few players out of contract, but I think most of them will be offered new deals.

Which is fine if we stay down, but I really think we need a further injection of quality if we get promoted, even though I'd only give a 1 in 3 chance of that happening.

TractorBoys

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town
Norwood, Carroll, Kenlock & Holy all released.

Loans have gone back to parent clubs, Bersant Celina, Dominic Thompson, Macauley Bonne and Tyreeq Bakinson. Fully expect to see Celina in a town shirt next season though, and I would be open to Bakinson returning. Bonne & Thompson won't return.

Sone Aluko is staying after triggering a one year extension and we've tabled terms to Kayden Jacskon who is expected to resign. He's been a revelation since McKenna came in - until his injury!

We're in the market to sign two new strikers and a left back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!