Questions re League 2 in 19/20

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
So, with less than 1 month till the season starts, I’d be interested to hear your thoughts on the following questions heading into 19/20....

Key player -

Signing you’re most excited about -

The player you expect to step up this season -

Fixture you’re most looking forward to -

Who will go up -

Who will go down -

League 2 top scorer -
Prediction where your team will finish -

T.A

Reaction score
Supports
Berry
So, with less than 1 month till the season starts, I’d be interested to hear your thoughts on the following questions heading into 19/20....

Key player -

Signing you’re most excited about -

The player you expect to step up this season -

Who will go up -

Who will go down -

League 2 top scorer -
Prediction where your team will finish -

Danny Mayor
Danny Mayor
Danny Mayor
No one
Danny Mayor
Not Danny Mayor
Someone who plays with Danny Mayor
Danny Mayor will get promoted and move back to Bury to claim another stay in league 2.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Key player - Adam Collin (probably be called upon to keep us in most games)

Signing you’re most excited about - Byron Webster perhaps we've signed mostly defenders so far and he's the only one who comes with some kind of pedigree

The player you expect to step up this season - Jon Mellish - I mean he's a new signing so I don't know exactly what he's stepping up from, but this is his first season in League football, and it sounds like he was well thought of in the Conference.

Fixture you’re most looking forward to - The opening day against Crawley, we can still hope for the best until the season starts, I think we'll even win. Reality will hit home very quickly after that, at which point we'll probably just be looking forward to the final day fixture with hope that we've still a chance of surviving.

Who will go up - Bradford, Plymouth, Mansfield and Salford via the playoffs.

Who will go down - Us and Macclesfield

League 2 top scorer - Nicky Ajose

Prediction where your team will finish - 23rd

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Key player - Ryan Colclough, was our one bright spark last season until he got injured. He's a very good winger at L1 level, think he will be class at this level.

Signing you’re most excited about - We've only made one so by default it's Andy Butler.

The player you expect to step up this season - Matty Lund. Didn't see as much as him as we'd like last season due to a few injuries, think he will become a key part of our team.

Fixture you’re most looking forward to - Grimsby, even though we're bound to lose as we never beat them.

Who will go up - Bradford, Plymouth, Mansfield and Stevenage

Who will go down - Port Vale and Maccessfield

League 2 top scorer - Eoin Doyle

Prediction where your team will finish - 9th

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
Key player - James Vaughan/Sean Scannell

Signing you’re most excited about - James Vaughan

The player you expect to step up this season - Hope Akpan

Fixture you’re most looking forward to - Cambridge United at home; first fixture. Just because I need a football fix.

Who will go up - Plymouth, Mansfield, Northampton and Bradford City.

Who will go down - Macclesfield and Morecambe

Prediction where your team will finish - 2nd

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
To answer my own questions:

Key player - Nicky Law as he was amazing last season and expect the same amount of consistency again. His goals and assists will be crucial

Signing you’re most excited about - Nicky Ajose. We’ve lacked a poacher type striker for a while and if he’s up for it will be a top signing for us.

The player you expect to step up this season - Randell Williams. Signed in January with rave reviews from Wycombe fans where he’d been loaned to previously. He took time to settle but come April started to look great. Can play either flank and is bloody quick, with good feet.

Fixture you’re most looking forward to - Argyle at home, although I am away that day so can’t go...Also looking forward to Orient away on the final game.

Who will go up - Bradford, Plymouth, Mansfield and us :woot:

Who will go down - Macclesfield and if Carlisle if they don’t sort their squad out

League 2 top scorer - Aaron Collins at FGR

Prediction where your team will finish - 5th, promoted via the playoffs

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Key player - Our two full backs, Liam Shephard and Joseph Mills. Can't seperate them tbh, both equally crucial to how we play and probably our best 2 players.

Signing you’re most excited about - Aaron Collins ooks like he could be exciting, seems to have good pace and trickery.

The player you expect to step up this season - George Williams. Needs to given we've lost our two biggest attacking threats in Brown and Doidge, and the rest of our attack is pretty inexperienced.

Fixture you’re most looking forward to - Cheltenham probably, added interest given the recent transfers between the clubs. Swindon's another one I enjoy.

Who will go up - Bradford, Plymouth, Mansfield and Carlisle

Who will go down - Salford and Macclesfield

League 2 top scorer - Vadaine Oliver

Prediction where your team will finish - 10th

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Key player - Paudie O'Connor - Rate this lad, and after how bad our defense was at times last season we need a solid back line.

Signing you’re most excited about - James Vaughan - Just hope he stays fit, our season could depend on it.

The player you expect to step up this season - Jermaine Anderson - Not rated by most of our fans, think he could surprise them. Still only 22.

Fixture you’re most looking forward to - TBH none in particular, but I'll say Carlisle away boxing day. Gets me away from the family for a bit after Christmas!

Who will go up - Us(hopefully), Mansfield, Salford and Plymouth

League 2 top scorer - James Vaughan if he plays the full season, if not I don't know this league enough. Someone from one of the others I've predicted for promotion.

Prediction where your team will finish - 1st - Heart ruling head. Never seen us win a league, it'd make this last awful 18 months worthwhile.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Key player - Scott Brown - outstanding keeper and kept us up last year, his performances helped us have one of the better defensive records despite or lowly finish.

Signing you’re most excited about - Mark Cullen - Seems a goal scorer and a possible answer to our problems if we can keep him fit.

The player you expect to step up this season - Manny Oyeleke - Assuming he can stay fit after last season he can be one of the leagues best players.

Fixture you’re most looking forward to - Northampton at Home - First league game without the shackles of Norman, should be a good occasion!

Who will go up - Bradford, Plymouth, Salford and Swindon

Who will go down - FGR and Macclesfield

League 2 top scorer - Nicky Maynard

Prediction where your team will finish - 12th

les.gtfc

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Key player - James McKeown, hopefully keep up his excellent form of the last few seasons

Signing you’re most excited about - Moses Ogbu - Totally unkown quantity, could be brilliant or could be awful, only time will tell.

The player you expect to step up this season - Harry Clifton, broke into the first team last year from the youths, now with a season's experience behind him hoping he'll manage to be pivotal in our midfield this season.

Fixture you’re most looking forward to - Scunny away

Who will go up - Plymouth, Exeter, Swindon, Northampton

Who will go down - Macclesfield, Morecambe

League 2 top scorer - Matt Green (hopefully)

Prediction where your team will finish - 9th

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Key player - Jake Taylor. He needs a good season because he's frankly been bang average for the past year or so. As captain playing centre-mid he needs to step up and start running the game.

Signing you’re most excited about - Lewis Ward, think he could go on to big things in the future. Hope he shows what he is capable of for us.

The player you expect to step up this season - Randell Williams. Slow start after the January signing but started to look the part towards the end of the season, think he could terrorize some L2 full backs this season. Frighteningly quick.

Fixture you’re most looking forward to - Orient away. Last game of the season, nice time of year, close to home and always a good excuse for some heavy drinking. Glad they are back in the league.

Who will go up - Bradford, Mansfield errrrrr.... Walsall? Playoffs are pure luck so I wont say a fourth.

Who will go down - Macclesfield and then someone random... maybe Mansfield :)

League 2 top scorer - Gonna put my faith in Nicky Ajose, come on son, prove me wrong, show me you're not a worthless shower of shite.

Prediction where your team will finish - 5th-6th. Playoff disappointment beckons once more.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Key player - This may seem an odd choice but I reckon Zeki Fryers. Replacing Kyle Knoyle who has left for Cambridge I think Fryers as an attacking full back is going to thrive at league 2

Signing you’re most excited about - Adam May on loan from Pompey, only as we haven't really signed any attacking players yet! This will probably change.

The player you expect to step up this season - Jacob Bancroft from the youth team is built like a tank for a young lad. No idea if he's any good to be honest but our record of bringing through decent yoofs recently isn't the best

Fixture you’re most looking forward to - None stick out, this is league 2 after all! Would have been Orient away as that's my local game but I'll be on away on holiday.

Who will go up - Bradford, Plymouth, Northampton, Exeter (play offs)

Who will go down - Carlisle, Macclesfield

Prediction where your team will finish - 7th

darren gregory

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
Key Player. Manny Oyeleke

Signing. Mark Cullen, best of average bunch so far. May change yet.

Step up. Cristiano Montano. Time to show he is arsed for 30 games a season instead of 8.

Fixture. Plymouth away last game of the season. :woo:

Up. Bradford, Mansfield , Leyton Orient.

Down. Crawley, Macclesfield.

Top scorer. James Vaughan

Finish. 14th

MTFC_07

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield Town
Here's a question. Anyone about who thinks Macclesfield won't go down?

We will come 24th.

Our owner has run us into the ground for as long as I can remember. We operated on a Conference North budget for most of our Conference years between 2013 and 2018, but the miraculous workings of Askey masked it. Our squad is shaping up to be as bad as I can remember (and that includes the recent Conference years). I'd be surprised if we even got 30 points.

To make matters worse, if we're even still functioning by this point, we will go straight through the Conference too. :ffs:

Tom_CUFC

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Key Player - Jevan.......the one who hasn't signed yet

Signing - Has to be Kyle Knoyle, other 3 are meh for differing reasons

Step Up - Again, very few candidates, at this point either Paul Lewis or Tom Knowles probably, no guarantee either of them will start though and not particularly reassuring choices, certainly for the former anyway

Fixture - Bradford away, I'll only make the first 3 games of the season in all likelihood but even if I was doing all of them Bradford would have been high up

Up - Bradford, Salford, Plymouth, Colchester

Down - Cambridge, Macclesfield

Top Scorer - Maynard

Finish - 23rd

Blue Lion

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield
Key player - Durrell I guess, but he seems to be leaving

Signing you’re most excited about - can I say none of them? If not, Joe Ironside

The player you expect to step up this season - Brice Ntambwe who will hopefully build on his strong finish to last season

Fixture you’re most looking forward to - Exeter away first game. It will only go downhill from there.

Who will go up - Bradford, Plymouth, Mansfield, Salford

Who will go down - Carlisle, Cambridge

League 2 top scorer - no idea - ours will be Scott Wilson probably
Prediction where your team will finish - 22nd :bdick:

Reaction score
Supports
Cantabs
Key Player - Jevan.......the one who hasn't signed yet

Signing - Has to be Kyle Knoyle, other 3 are meh for differing reasons

Step Up - Again, very few candidates, at this point either Paul Lewis or Tom Knowles probably, no guarantee either of them will start though and not particularly reassuring choices, certainly for the former anyway

Fixture - Bradford away, I'll only make the first 3 games of the season in all likelihood but even if I was doing all of them Bradford would have been high up

Up - Bradford, Salford, Plymouth, Colchester

Down - Cambridge, Macclesfield

Top Scorer - Maynard

Finish - 23rd

Aside from making more than 3 games, every bit of that was exactly what I'd have put.

LeonTheGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle Football Club
Key player - Without actually seeing him play, I guess Danny Mayor.

Signing you’re most excited about - Will Aimson..? Danny Mayor, of course.

The player you expect to step up this season - Conor Grant. Was injured most of last season, but was decent when fit. Interested to see how he gets on in Lowe’s team.

Fixture you’re most looking forward to - Exeter H and A. For obvious reasons.

Who will go up - Bradford, Ourselves, Scunthorpe and Mansfield. Just hope Mrs Radford doesn’t turn promotion into her own little photo shoot.

Who will go down - Macclesfield and Crawley. Don’t ask me why Crawley fans, couldn’t think of anyone else. Carlisle always do ok

League 2 top scorer - if he remains at Bradford, Eoin Doyle. If not, Nicky Maynard I guess?
Prediction where your team will finish - 2nd

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Key player - Chris Hussey - he was fantastic last season for us and if we can keep him fit he will be crucial again to any likely success we're going to have.

Signing you’re most excited about - Based on reports from Brighton and Swindon fans it has to be Rohan Ince. If he's over the knee injury that kept him out of the whole of last season then we could have one of the signings of the summer on our hands.

The player you expect to step up this season - George Lloyd - he's ended both of the past two seasons with a couple of starts and scored in those appearances. He's still only 19 and he's got a massive future, but he can't keep going on loan to the Conference North/South. This season must be the season he starts to nail down a place on the bench at least.

Fixture you’re most looking forward to - Plymouth at home on Boxing Day. My favourite day of the season, and Plymouth are sure to bring a good number to make the atmosphere brilliant.

Who will go up - Bradford, Mansfield, Plymouth - no idea on the playoffs though

Who will go down - Macclesfield and Morecambe (one day we'll be right)

League 2 top scorer - Tav Campbell

Prediction where your team will finish - 8th

Big Bird

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Key player - Michael Doughty. Should be running games most weeks. Hopefully he can stay injury free this term and not piss Wellens off as he's appeared to do previously.

Signing you’re most excited about - Zeki Fryers. Remember watching him for Spurs thinking he'd go on to big things. Hasn't worked out for him but I reckon he has the potential to be stand out in League 2.

The player you expect to step up this season - Keshi Anderson and Kaiyne Woolery need to start justifying their positions on a weekly basis. Both have talent but too often little substance.

Plymouth away. New year's day. Expect them to be flying and hopefully we will be too at that point. Decent ground and fanbase.

Who will go up - Bradford, Plymouth, Swindon, Exeter via play offs.

Who will go down - Macclesfield and Cambridge.

League 2 top scorer - Nicky Maynard

Prediction where your team will finish- 3rd

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
Without wanting to send this thread off-topic...we appear to the vast majorities favourite for promotion, and it just doesn’t sit right.

Thanks.

Stagat

#stagat
Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Without wanting to send this thread off-topic...we appear to the vast majorities favourite for promotion, and it just doesn’t sit right.

Thanks.

A little surprised to see us backed so many times too considering we have an untested rookie manager.

Thanks.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Key player - Baudry. Hopefully marshall the defence well whilst we are gung ho-ing it going forward.

Signing you’re most excited about - The young Arsenal fella, Daniel Ballard. If he’s as classy as reported we’re in for a treat.

The player you expect to step up this season - Cameron McGilp. I liked the look of him in a brief cameo last season. Hope he gets a chance.

Fixture you’re most looking forward to - I’m hoping to pop back to the UK in April, so whatever couple of games are going on then.

Who will go up - Mansfield, Swindon, Plymouth - POs Bradford

League 2 top scorer - Maynard

Prediction where your team will finish - 2

Stringy

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
A little surprised to see us backed so many times too considering we have an untested rookie manager.

Thanks.

Can't see Maynard as top scorer either but let's hope these other posters are correct

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Untested manager is our biggest risk but I do think once our transfer business is finished we will have the strongest squad in the division.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
20 odd for Bury. Surely he’d score at least as many for you. Tbf, there are no, known, outstanding prolific strikers in L2.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
We will come 24th.

Our owner has run us into the ground for as long as I can remember. We operated on a Conference North budget for most of our Conference years between 2013 and 2018, but the miraculous workings of Askey masked it. Our squad is shaping up to be as bad as I can remember (and that includes the recent Conference years). I'd be surprised if we even got 30 points.

To make matters worse, if we're even still functioning by this point, we will go straight through the Conference too. :ffs:

Can't help but feel sorry for you, the collapse seemed to start pretty much as soon as you got promoted (though as you suggest it may have just been one good season thanks to Askey). Hope you stay up, as long as it's not at our expense. Then I always hope Morecambe stay up too because I like how they keep defying expectation and they're a nice close game for us, and obviously I hope we stay up so there's me hoping that the three most widely tipped teams to go down all stay up.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Tbf, it’s mainly the Carlisle wrist slashers predicting gloom.

LS Bantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Untested manager is our biggest risk but I do think once our transfer business is finished we will have the strongest squad in the division.
Rookie manager and big budget is basically us 12 months ago (not saying you’ll go down).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!