You are currently browsing the football forums as a guest. Sign up now for free and benefit from totally ad-free browsing. Logged in members see no ads.

Stickied Transfer Rumours & Confirmed Deals Thread

Atavistic

Reaction score
Supports
Yaxley/Norwich City
We've confirmed that Tettey and Vrancic won't be having their contracts renewed and will be released in the summer. While Tettey looks set to return home to Norway, I think a lot of teams in this league could do with someone like Vrancic. He's not the most mobile, but his ability to pick out passes from deep if played at CM or to link up with the striker if played as a number 10 would give teams a real creative spark.

Kenneth E End

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Britt Assombalonga and Ashley Fletcher have left Middlesbrough - could do a lot worse.

Unsurprisingly, Forest are in for every expensive player this summer to add to their huge losses. Clearly not worried about FFP.

Last edited:

Kenneth E End

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Also, the difference this season from all before is the impact of Brexit. I don't think we'd have been able to sign Sluga because despite making his Croatia senior debut, I don't think he'd have had enough points to qualify via the Home Office procedure because he was playing in his home league.

I think it's probably going to have a bigger impact in the Championship and probably for lower PL clubs during their recruitment. The value of those already eligible to work in the UK is going to rise as a result.

Last edited:

Atavistic

Reaction score
Supports
Yaxley/Norwich City
Yeah, we wouldn't have been able to sign a lot of the players that have been key throughout Farke's managerial reign under the current work permit rules, including Pukki and Buendia among several others. It's a difficult situation to adapt to when we've done so well from recruiting hidden gems from across Europe.

The other big thing for all clubs to consider will be the continuing impact of covid and if that causes transfer fees to fall with clubs simply having less money available to work with. Either going to be a lot of players moving around for lower fees than has become the norm in the past few years or just less movement in the market in general again.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Another year, another youth player jumps ship to a side who can offer U23 football and a path to the first team. This time Lincoln McFayden to Swansea on a free.

If it was up to me, I'd scrap the youth set up entirely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bill55bill