Stickied Transfer Rumours & Confirmed Deals Thread 2023/24

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Signed Jack Walton from Barnsley on a permanent. Isted goes to them on loan to take his back up keeper place, I assume as an audition for going there permanently in the summer.

Not sure back up keeper was a real need but assume it’s quite cheap.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
People seem to think we're signing Tommy Leigh from Accrington. A deal was supposedly very close in the summer.

22yr old attacking midfielder, decent goal return.

Adam O'Reilly moves to Derry for an undisclosed fee. Very nominal I suspect.

Last edited:

BelizeHatter

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Signed Jack Walton from Barnsley on a permanent. Isted goes to them on loan to take his back up keeper place, I assume as an audition for going there permanently in the summer.

Not sure back up keeper was a real need but assume it’s quite cheap.
Is he a back up? Dont know anything about him but Horwarth is a loan and nothing special.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
People seem to think we're signing Tommy Leigh from Accrington. A deal was supposedly very close in the summer.

22yr old attacking midfielder, decent goal return.

Adam O'Reilly moves to Derry for an undisclosed fee. Very nominal I suspect.
Scrap that, seems the mystery midfielder could be Josh Ononmah. Surely not? That'd be a class signing.

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
Getting rid of our 2 strikers we brought in the summer - one for 5 million !

What a waste of time and money that was .
Happy with our purchases on paper .

Maybe do with another midfielder or wide player but got players coming back from injury .

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Is he a back up? Dont know anything about him but Horwarth is a loan and nothing special.
Wouldn’t have thought he’d go from back up at Barnsley to first choice here but you never know. Kind of agree that Horvath is just kind of fine, wouldn’t be tripping over myself to keep him permanently

First rumour of deadline day for us is Harvey White, young midfield player from spurs. Had one loan at Portsmouth. Kind of small for a midfield player in our style if Wikipedia is to be believed.

Really hoping we are looking at some centre half reinforcements, think that’s what most people are looking for today

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Apparently we also have the wonderfully named Marvelous Nakamba in for a medical. At Aston Villa, signed for reasonably big money a few years ago now but not really in the picture at the moment

Feels like will be a busy morning and afternoon for us as we will want to have stuff done before our game this evening you’d have thought

JJH II

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol C
Apparently we also have the wonderfully named Marvelous Nakamba in for a medical. At Aston Villa, signed for reasonably big money a few years ago now but not really in the picture at the moment

Feels like will be a busy morning and afternoon for us as we will want to have stuff done before our game this evening you’d have thought
Been told we're signing Cornick today from you lot, would be happy with that.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End

Top signing. I've seen him have good games in the Premier League

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Been told we're signing Cornick today from you lot, would be happy with that.
He’s not had the best season but would be sad to see him go. He never will be a very good finisher unfortunately but he’s got great energy and pace that causes defences problems. He’s been great in games with his pressing from the front being a big part of our success last season.

Been behind Adebayo and Morris in the pecking order this season and never really got in a rhythm as a result but he’s a real worker who always gives his all which you can’t ask for too much more.

He’s played a pretty influential part in our rise up from League 2 and he seems a really nice character to have around the dressing room from what we see and I do worry how the changing dressing room dynamic - losing players like him and bringing in loans might impact us.

I’d have thought we would need a replacement given we’ve also let Jerome go this window, leaves us a little short up front I feel

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Confirmed we signed Marvelous Nakamba. Seen as a deeper lying midfield player which to be fair I think has been a gap for a little while, certainly since Lansbury has been out

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Onomah done supposedly, permanent. Chuffed if it gets confirmed but won't chuck money on it.

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Thought we might take a look when I saw he was being let go from Fulham. There’s definitely something there with him but needs to find a place where he will play

Caitlyn

I'm tired of this Mickey mouse bullshit!!!
Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town

Another from Zimbabwe, I wonder if he knows Muskwe?

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Team news for us tonight pretty well confirms Cornick will be going. Well highlights the need for a replacement as we have no other forwards on the bench tonight with Woodrow being in midfield. Looks short there. Linked wjth a young forward from Peterborough who looks inexperienced so not sure that’s the one really.

In other news youth player Ed McJannet has joined Lecce Serie A which is an odd one. Sometimes you wonder how these things come about!

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Onomah signed till the end of the season, fucking pointless. If he impresses he'll fuck off, and right now it's a position we don't need to strengthen.

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
We've signed Bailey Wright on loan to cover for Morrison who got severely damaged in a friendly against Bradford C last Friday.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
We've signed Bailey Wright on loan to cover for Morrison who got severely damaged in a friendly against Bradford C last Friday.
Puts his body on the line. That's about it.

L1 defender for me, but could be useful in those games you need to just grind shit out.

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
7th and final signing is Domingos Quina from Watford via Elche.
If Cheo Ogbene stays that is probably our best January window ever for us.
Of course, it doesn't mean we will stay up but it does give us a fighting chance.

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Signed Joe Taylor from Peterborough as the Cornick replacement

Not great reviews of him unfortunately albeit in limited time but given we let 2 strikers go and replaced one with a recalled loan in Muskwe, who is not up to snuff, and young striker whose thus far shown no signs of championship potential- feels like we’ve left ourselves short if Morris or Adebayo go down. Always going to be hard to get a decent player willing to only be a rotational piece but feels somewhat disappointing and smells a little of panic buy to me

No centre half for the second window in a row though is the real headscratcher for me. A massive need since we lost Naismith really that goes unaddressed once again. Nakamba aside, feels like we didn’t address some fundamental things this window

Kenneth E End

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Signed Joe Taylor from Peterborough as the Cornick replacement

Not great reviews of him unfortunately albeit in limited time but given we let 2 strikers go and replaced one with a recalled loan in Muskwe, who is not up to snuff, and young striker whose thus far shown no signs of championship potential- feels like we’ve left ourselves short if Morris or Adebayo go down. Always going to be hard to get a decent player willing to only be a rotational piece but feels somewhat disappointing and smells a little of panic buy to me

No centre half for the second window in a row though is the real headscratcher for me. A massive need since we lost Naismith really that goes unaddressed once again. Nakamba aside, feels like we didn’t address some fundamental things this window
I am a little bit baffled by a couple of things - firstly, what is the attraction of Bristol City apart from maybe doubling his wages? He’s going into a side that is fighting relegation.

I’d also argue that we’re taking a gamble on Adebayo and Morris staying fit / not getting suspended… it’s going to be a long 18-21 games over the nest 4 months, and we saw how Elijah broke down towards the end of last season.

Muskwe is not good enough. To be honest, I think I’d have recalled Mendes-Gomes ahead of him. We are now weaker in the forward position than what we were 4 weeks ago.

Defensively, that may have become less of a priority. Hopefully Bradley will get back to fitness in short order, and with the emergence of Bell (I thought he looked great there last night) and Potts in the LCB position, we may actually have some cover now.

Drameh was exceptional when he was on last night, and this is for a guy who has barely played senior football this season. He will get better.

I guess whatever happens, we’re certainly not getting relegated this season so that objective has been achieved - it just feels a real opportunity for someone to get to that promised land, with a lot of teams aside from that top 2 barely pulling up trees between them.

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
I am a little bit baffled by a couple of things - firstly, what is the attraction of Bristol City apart from maybe doubling his wages? He’s going into a side that is fighting relegation.

I’d also argue that we’re taking a gamble on Adebayo and Morris staying fit / not getting suspended… it’s going to be a long 18-21 games over the nest 4 months, and we saw how Elijah broke down towards the end of last season.

Muskwe is not good enough. To be honest, I think I’d have recalled Mendes-Gomes ahead of him. We are now weaker in the forward position than what we were 4 weeks ago.

Defensively, that may have become less of a priority. Hopefully Bradley will get back to fitness in short order, and with the emergence of Bell (I thought he looked great there last night) and Potts in the LCB position, we may actually have some cover now.

Drameh was exceptional when he was on last night, and this is for a guy who has barely played senior football this season. He will get better.

I guess whatever happens, we’re certainly not getting relegated this season so that objective has been achieved - it just feels a real opportunity for someone to get to that promised land, with a lot of teams aside from that top 2 barely pulling up trees between them.
I get it for us and Cornick point of view. He was out of contract in the summer I believe, Bristol City were willing to pay some money for him (I read 800k but that feels on the high side and I doubt it) and Cornick gets a decent wage bump. Edwards mentioned about it setting up his family etc so I assume it’s a decent size. We do feel very short up top now if one of them goes down which will inevitably happen. Am sad to see him go for that reason, he hasn’t had the greatest season I will grant, but he was still a great option off the bench and and in certain games and seemed a nice character too.

I fully agree with your final point, we have done the job this season which is and always will be to keep ourselves afloat at this level until we have a new stadium and some increased spending power. But I fully agree it does feel like it’s a little bit of a missed opportunity given the league looks weak this year. But I guess we have to trust that 2020 won’t mortgage the farm.

JJH II

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol C

I get it for us and Cornick point of view. He was out of contract in the summer I believe, Bristol City were willing to pay some money for him (I read 800k but that feels on the high side and I doubt it) and Cornick gets a decent wage bump. Edwards mentioned about it setting up his family etc so I assume it’s a decent size. We do feel very short up top now if one of them goes down which will inevitably happen. Am sad to see him go for that reason, he hasn’t had the greatest season I will grant, but he was still a great option off the bench and and in certain games and seemed a nice character too.

I fully agree with your final point, we have done the job this season which is and always will be to keep ourselves afloat at this level until we have a new stadium and some increased spending power. But I fully agree it does feel like it’s a little bit of a missed opportunity given the league looks weak this year. But I guess we have to trust that 2020 won’t mortgage the farm.
Money at the end of the day isn't it, same as Naismith. He's also joining a bigger club with much better facilities but the reality is the money would've been the head turner.

Seems a decent enough signing, was £300k we paid for him. Swansea matched it but he turned them down, again presumably down to money.

Kenneth E End

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Cornick would’ve been one of the lower earners I’d say, as a legacy of coming from a low base at Bournemouth and joining in League 2. I’d guess he was probably on about £3.5K a week here, so he’s probably doubled his wage. You can’t necessarily blame him. Bristol may be a bigger club, but they’ve been habitual underachievers. I think they’ve finished below us in the three seasons we’ve been back here - and soon to be a 4th season.

BelizeHatter

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Id think also Edwards wasnt as keen on him as Jones. Jerome and Woodrow were seemingly ahead of him in the pecking order. Strikers always the hardest and most expensive slots to fill and in most demand ao money talks. Maybe things didnt quite work out on the targets we had and two earmarked to depart did go.

BelizeHatter

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Id rather we sell who we did than lose a Morris Eli Campbell Clark Lockyer

Why was Campbell an unused sub last night?

JJH II

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol C
Cornick would’ve been one of the lower earners I’d say, as a legacy of coming from a low base at Bournemouth and joining in League 2. I’d guess he was probably on about £3.5K a week here, so he’s probably doubled his wage. You can’t necessarily blame him. Bristol may be a bigger club, but they’ve been habitual underachievers. I think they’ve finished below us in the three seasons we’ve been back here - and soon to be a 4th season.
Not wrong to be fair, hopefully times are changing but we have underachieved for years you're right.

We've also spent recklessly on lots of shite after raking in big sales and have been lumbered with it, most of the big earners have been shifted now or are OOC in the summer so be interesting to see how we shape up I suppose.

Id rather we sell who we did than lose a Morris Eli Campbell Clark Lockyer

Why was Campbell an unused sub last night?
We never had the money in the summer but fuck me I'd have loved us to go in for Morris, great player at this level and Pearson likes a big man up top too. Would've been a long term Chris Martin replacement, who's way past it.

BelizeHatter

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
We did well there and it surpised most fans as a luxury almost as Eli had been on fire.

I love how we progress. Buy a piece, fit it in, step back look at overall picture then slide in the next piece where needed.

BelizeHatter

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Im excited by this holding mid from Villa. Weve missed an on form Lansbury badly and need the guile and steel a good dedicated DM gives for defence and counter attack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!