Welcome Derby County to League 1

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
This is nail on the head for me - pay your debts first before paying big wages. Otherwise any quick promotion back to the Championship is at the creditors' expense (many of whom are local SMEs I am guessing).
Been on both sides of the fence.Glad to have a club after administration.
Easy solution you go into Administration you are automatically relegated to lge2

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
Been on both sides of the fence.Glad to have a club after administration.
Easy solution you go into Administration you are automatically relegated to lge2

Wouldn't that just put off potential buyers for clubs who need critical investment? If Derby were relegated to League Two then they wouldn't have been bought and the club would be dead. The creditors instead of receiving somewhere in the region of 38p in the £ would've received nothing. Derby is a city that is incredibly dependent on the football club. It doesn't have much (quite honestly nothing) else and that would've been hugely detrimental.

The Administration process needs to be looked at, for sure, because it does absolutely nothing to protect the club or the creditors at present. We were put into administration by our owner. We didn't get wound up by the high court or anything like that.

This is why I believe clubs should have different protections. He stole the stadium (funds were never transferred and it was purely an accounting transaction) and the company that owned the stadium never went into administration, hence why David Clowes had to make two transactions to put them together. He paid £22m for it [the stadium] in the end.

I would absolutely love to see owners accountable for the debt they rack up so they can't just dump the club (company) in administration and leave with no repercussions to themselves. It's maddening. It makes absolutely no sense and we were lucky that we just happened to have another multi-millionaire supporter who desperately didn't want to, but had to, buy the club in the end as it turned out we were days from liquidation.

There is no perfect system, admittedly, but I can't quite grasp why people think we should've been punished more. We have lost 40 players, many academy players who have joined Liverpool, City, Villa, United, Cheslea, Palace for next to nothing. We've sold players to the point we had 5 senior players available (4 of which were from the academy) and 1 other on an option. The new owner has paid over £30m for that, along with another £22m for the stadium).

We have seen clubs go into administration, cut their debts and keep their former owners in one form or another. We have eradicated the c*** from the club - so that's why I'm perplexed to see people wanting us to receive further punishment. The creditors know that it wasn't Derby County who are to blame - it's Mel Morris. I for one would love to see every creditor who has lost money beat every last pound out of the man until they got it all back. He still has several hundred million in the bank despite all the rumours his family have leaked around Derby. I would absolutely love all the creditors to get all their money back from the man, I wish them absolutely nothing but the best in their pursuit.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Wouldn't that just put off potential buyers for clubs who need critical investment? If Derby were relegated to League Two then they wouldn't have been bought and the club would be dead. The creditors instead of receiving somewhere in the region of 38p in the £ would've received nothing. Derby is a city that is incredibly dependent on the football club. It doesn't have much (quite honestly nothing) else and that would've been hugely detrimental.

The Administration process needs to be looked at, for sure, because it does absolutely nothing to protect the club or the creditors at present. We were put into administration by our owner. We didn't get wound up by the high court or anything like that.

This is why I believe clubs should have different protections. He stole the stadium (funds were never transferred and it was purely an accounting transaction) and the company that owned the stadium never went into administration, hence why David Clowes had to make two transactions to put them together. He paid £22m for it [the stadium] in the end.

I would absolutely love to see owners accountable for the debt they rack up so they can't just dump the club (company) in administration and leave with no repercussions to themselves. It's maddening. It makes absolutely no sense and we were lucky that we just happened to have another multi-millionaire supporter who desperately didn't want to, but had to, buy the club in the end as it turned out we were days from liquidation.

There is no perfect system, admittedly, but I can't quite grasp why people think we should've been punished more. We have lost 40 players, many academy players who have joined Liverpool, City, Villa, United, Cheslea, Palace for next to nothing. We've sold players to the point we had 5 senior players available (4 of which were from the academy) and 1 other on an option. The new owner has paid over £30m for that, along with another £22m for the stadium).

We have seen clubs go into administration, cut their debts and keep their former owners in one form or another. We have eradicated the c*** from the club - so that's why I'm perplexed to see people wanting us to receive further punishment. The creditors know that it wasn't Derby County who are to blame - it's Mel Morris. I for one would love to see every creditor who has lost money beat every last pound out of the man until they got it all back. He still has several hundred million in the bank despite all the rumours his family have leaked around Derby. I would absolutely love all the creditors to get all their money back from the man, I wish them absolutely nothing but the best in their pursuit.
Most clubs that go into administration do so because they have a overambitious fan/owner running the club
I also agree that some of the debt should fall on the owners private wealth.
It is also wrong that Millionaire football creditors receive 100% of debt while the small businessman will be lucky to receive 25p in the £
Sorry but i still believe all clubs in administration should be relegated to the bottom league the season after going into administration.

dedwardp

Reaction score
Supports
Colchester United
The creditors' agreements were with Derby County, not Mel Morris, the money they were waiting on was owed by Derby County, not Mel Morris. The idea that there isn't the money to settle their invoices properly whilst they're watching the business that owes it spending the tens of thousands of pounds per week needed to attract players like Conor Hourihane etc to League One is a real kick in the teeth.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
The creditors' agreements were with Derby County, not Mel Morris, the money they were waiting on was owed by Derby County, not Mel Morris. The idea that there isn't the money to settle their invoices properly whilst they're watching the business that owes it spending the tens of thousands of pounds per week needed to attract players like Conor Hourihane etc to League One is a real kick in the teeth.
I have more beef with the EFL for allowing them to do this. Clearly Hourihane isn't going to come for less than 8k a week for the joy of playing in the 3rd division. I suspect there's some creativity in terms of bonuses etc.

As others have said, they seemingly have not learnt anything. Paying out silly money to try and go up again and they'll do the same once they inevitably go up and the circle starts again.

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
I have more beef with the EFL for allowing them to do this. Clearly Hourihane isn't going to come for less than 8k a week for the joy of playing in the 3rd division. I suspect there's some creativity in terms of bonuses etc.

As others have said, they seemingly have not learnt anything. Paying out silly money to try and go up again and they'll do the same once they inevitably go up and the circle starts again.

We can't even offer bonuses, so that's incorrect. We can't offer signing on fees, no transfer fees or agent fees.

The most likely scenario out of all of this is... Hourihane is within our budget and within the EFL restrictions. It's sounds absolutely mental, of course, but the evidence points in that direction.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Derby signings are not going to make that club better.....yes they all at one time were decent Championship/Premier league players. These are players who played 10-20 games last season and are the wrong side of 30.
On paper these signings look good but where is plan B. They get promoted these players will be a year older and in the Championship simply just not good enough.
Stay in league1 and they will play fewer and fewer games, so in effect Derby will have to rebuild again next season no matter what.

Seems a bit shit or bust to put it into layman terms

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
Derby signings are not going to make that club better.....yes they all at one time were decent Championship/Premier league players. These are players who played 10-20 games last season and are the wrong side of 30.
On paper these signings look good but where is plan B. They get promoted these players will be a year older and in the Championship simply just not good enough.
Stay in league1 and they will play fewer and fewer games, so in effect Derby will have to rebuild again next season no matter what.

Seems a bit shit or bust to put it into layman terms

We aren't allowed to pay fees for players, therefore it begs the question how many players are there in their early 20s, out of contract, that we can pick up at this stage who are really good? I can't see any, at all, regardless of position.

We have the following squad so far:

Tom Barlhuizen - 29
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing - 30
Joe Wildsmith - 26
James Chester - 33
Conor Hourihane - 31
David McGoldrick - 34
Krystian Bielik - 24
Max Bird - 21
Nathan Byrne - 30
Jason Knight - 21
Louie Sibley - 20
Liam Thompson - 20
Eiran Cashin - 20
Max Bardell - 19
Courtney Clarke - 18
Bartosz Cybulski - 19
Bobby Duncan - 21
William Grewal-Pollard - 19
Ola Ibrahim - 18
Alfie Roberts - 18
Harrison Solomon - 19
Osazee Aghatise (option offered, unknown status) - 19
Harrison Foulkes (option offered, unknown status) - 21
Conor Dixon (option offered, unknown status) - 21
Carlos Richards - 16 (scholar, around the first team last season)
Darren Robinson - 17 (scholar, around the first team last season)

Even with all our new experienced players, we're still a little short of an average age of 23 across the squad. We just aren't in a position to recruit long-term, not until next season and maybe even properly the season after that. We have to work on improving the young players we have, along with the squad of experienced pros we are now bringing in.

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
Rooney is going for another job apparently.

At DC United .

Bit of a left field move ?

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
Rooney is going for another job apparently.

At DC United .

Bit of a left field move ?

I think it's a good move. I don't think a Championship move would've been within his expected wage expectations and a Premier League job would be extremely unlikely given his body of work so far.

The MLS has just negotiated an incredibly lucrative deal with Apple for their TV rights so they're awash with new money and their salary caps don't extend to the coaching staff (I believe, at least it doesn't in the NFL) so I believe they could pay him a healthy wage and he will be a face of that league going forward.

DC United are obviously in a very bad place at the moment and have been since Rooney left, so will be interesting to see how he gets on. I'd also keep an eye out on a potential loan move for Bielik coming from DC United - I think that makes sense for all parties.

Muzzle

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Read somewhere that the maximum wage you can pay is 8k, be interesting to see what you are paying for the recent additions

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Read somewhere that the maximum wage you can pay is 8k, be interesting to see what you are paying for the recent additions
Varying rumours of not a max wage but a wage cap of 8m for players so gives leeway

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Varying rumours of not a max wage but a wage cap of 8m for players so gives leeway
Wow. If that's true then it's not really a restriction at all at this level where most clubs' playing budget is around half that.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Wow. If that's true then it's not really a restriction at all at this level where most clubs' playing budget is around half that.
Ours will be much more as will Ipswichs

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Do they change rules with each club that enters Administration???

60% of turnover? How is this calculated ie as a Championship club
Rules need clarifying and adhering too

Muzzle

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Derby are the biggest club in this Tier .

Lets see how things go.

Good luck to everyone.
Sorry mate, but Sheffield Wednesday are.

But good luck to you, we've been through the same scenario, it's a bit shit, just stick by the club, even if they have a poor season, things do get better with owners who work for the club.....not against it

Daviddcfc

DLF
Reaction score
Supports
Derby County

But good luck to you, we've been through the same scenario, it's a bit shit, just stick by the club, even if they have a poor season, things do get better with owners who work for the club.....not against it
Sorry mate but DCFC are BIGGER than sheff wednesday . xx

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
I really don’t get the big club argument. I don’t support Derby because they’re a big club.

We had roughly 5k more fans than any other club at this level today, which is fantastic for the balance sheet, but ultimately there are a ton of clubs who could piss on our chips in that regard. Sunderland being one.

Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich Town are within a similar ball park IMO. Derby will just get more publicity due to the off-the-field issues on yesteryear, but Bournemouth are infinitely smaller than all three of us and garner vastly more publicity due to the league they’re in, so one could argue for the time being they’re the bigger club.

When all said and done, it’s an absolute nonsense because if you want to support a big club, you don’t support anyone other than Man Utd or Liverpool (potentially Arsenal, Chelsea too)!

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton

Dont get drawn in.......fucking dick wavers

Ninety Per Cent

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Dont get drawn in.......fucking dick wavers
attendances are the last thing a club on a downer cling on to, like our friends down the road until recently... Bolton on the way back

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
I really don’t get the big club argument. I don’t support Derby because they’re a big club.

We had roughly 5k more fans than any other club at this level today, which is fantastic for the balance sheet, but ultimately there are a ton of clubs who could piss on our chips in that regard. Sunderland being one.

Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich Town are within a similar ball park IMO. Derby will just get more publicity due to the off-the-field issues on yesteryear, but Bournemouth are infinitely smaller than all three of us and garner vastly more publicity due to the league they’re in, so one could argue for the time being they’re the bigger club.

When all said and done, it’s an absolute nonsense because if you want to support a big club, you don’t support anyone other than Man Utd or Liverpool (potentially Arsenal, Chelsea too)!
By roughly you mean 4k? Net home was more like 3k diff

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
The biggest clubs in this third TIER are

1, DCFC
2,sheff Weds
3. Pompey
4. Ipswich Town.

In that order.

I wish everyone a great season .
Wednesday

Older
More successful
Historically better supported
And piss on your away figures.

Daviddcfc

DLF
Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
Wednesday

Older
More successful
Historically better supported
And piss on your away figures.
LOL

When was the last time you were CHAMPIONS of ENGLAND. ??

Older ?? what does that mean ?? Does that mean you are BIGGER ?? lol ... I dont think so mate !

Sheff weds have not been relevent for nearly a HUNDRED years. ... all your trophies have Edwardian dust on them lol lol .

Historically better supported ?? lol lol ... does this mean most of yyyyyour fanbase is on THE OTHER SIDE now ?? lol

Hey I'm pretty new on here. I dont wanna fall out here. Loike. x

I wish you good luck tho . Bless xx

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
LOL

When was the last time you were CHAMPIONS of ENGLAND. ??

Older ?? what does that mean ?? Does that mean you are BIGGER ?? lol ... I dont think so mate !

Sheff weds have not been relevent for nearly a HUNDRED years. ... all your trophies have Edwardian dust on them lol lol .

Historically better supported ?? lol lol ... does this mean most of yyyyyour fanbase is on THE OTHER SIDE now ?? lol

Hey I'm pretty new on here. I dont wanna fall out here. Loike. x

I wish you good luck tho . Bless xx
Fuck off you weirdo

Reactions: T.A

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!