Your summer signings

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Bit of football geek mode this afternoon so decided to rate our signings through the lens of the i(don't)follow cameras....

Regan Tumilty 6/10 - Raith Rovers. Really shaky start, still looks suspect defensively but can impact in forward areas. Useful backup to Sterry.
Brody Paterson 4/10 - Celtic B. Young and not up to it at the minute, not great either defensively or in attack from LWB.
Alex Lacey 5/10- a poor man's Gary Liddle really, signed from Notts. Has been alright recently but struggles against physical forwards and clever movement.
Rollin Menayese 7/10 - loan from Walsall. Decent defender at this level. Good in the air, not short of pace.
Euan Murray 5/10 - Kilmarnock. Absolute liability at the beginning but is getting better, still not totally convinced.
Mohammed Niang 5/10 - Partick. Can't pass for shit and goes walkies but puts in a shift in a DM role, good tackler, very strong. More to come I hope.
Mo Sylla 7/10 - Aldershot. Has had a good impact, breaks up play well, very physical and is capable of driving runs forward. Limited on the ball so is very much a Curleball type player. Becoming a bit of a fans favourite.
Callum Cooke 4/10 - Bradford. Really underwhelmed, unfit, can't run, not sure where he fits in but he probably has to somehow as we have limited midfield options.
Wes McDonald 7/10 - Morecambe. Looks unplayable at times, other times very playable. I like him, quick, direct and can finish. His passing and crossing on the otherhand....
Jake Hastie 3/10 - Rangers. The worst of the lot. Not up to this level and don't like his body language. Probably lost his way in the game.
Ellis Taylor N/A - Sunderland. Don't want to knock him as he's a local lad but from what I've seen, nowhere near pro level.
Clarke Oduor 7/10 - Barnsley on loan. You can see his ability, hasn't played as much as he'd want but is clearly a good player at L2 level. Hope he gets more starts.
Josh Umerah 9/10 - Wealdstone. Brilliant lad, really strong, has an affinity with the fans, wholehearted and just gets better and better. Should get good coin for him at some point.
Mikael Ndjoli 6/10 - Aldershot. Struggled to find his best position. Decent squad player.
Jack Hamilton 5/10 - loan from Livingston. Absolute rubbish in his sub appearances but by all accounts was good in his first (?) start the other day.

Who stands out and who doesn't from your recruitment?

Last edited:

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Can’t disagree with much of that, I’d personally slide Murray down to a 4 (despite being much improved under Curle) and push Niang to a 6 just for the DGAF ruthlessness when it comes to tackling.

Josh Umerah has been the star player in what’s been a disappointing start, he just gets what it means to the fans.

AR27

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Harry Lewis 9/10 - was either going to be a disaster or top class given his history, or lack of it. Thankfully its the latter. Everything you want from a keeper and more with his distribution being only second to Jordan Pickford that I've seen from a City keeper. Great lad too.
Brad Halliday 6/10 - definite upgrade on Hendrie, solid and gets forward well. Point knocked off for one of the most stupid red cards I've ever seen though.
Matty Platt 7/10 - solid defender and good with the ball. Probably slipped under the radar in the summer but he's probably been our most consistent player.
Romoney Critchlow 6/10 - looked like a rolls royce initially but is a bit too casual for my liking and struggles aerially.
Timi Odusina 6/10 - unlucky with injury/illness in pre season but has looked fine when he has played. I'd be starting him personally.
Richie Smallwood 8/10 - captain and midfield general. Breaks up the play but also is more than capable in possession. Standout signing in the summer and hasn't really disappointed.
Ryan East 5/10 - technically decent but a bit lightweight and not really compatable with Smallwood. As a squad player I can't be too critical however.
Scott Banks 7/10 - when he's good, he's really good. Has his quiet moments in games but has been a pretty reliable performer so far.
Dion Pereira 5/10 - slow start so far but we all know what hhe's capable of so have full confidence he'll come good just like last season.
Harry Chapman 7/10 - bit of a frustrating player, but his ability is there for sure. One minute he'll skip past 3 players and the next he'll misplace a simple 5 yard pass. Think he's better out wide than in the number 10 role but he's probably the hardest working player in the team.
Jake Young 7/10 - 4 goals and 4 terrific finishes at that but his general play needs tidying up. But he's only 21 and a player I'm really excited about.
Tyreik Wright 8/10 - another that probably went under the radar but so far has been excellent. Lightning fast but isn't a headless chicken and is contributing with goals and assists.
Vadaine Oliver 6/10 - struggled at the start but that was probably down to not having a pre season. Looked much better recently and has 2 goals in 3 games. Just unfortunate for him that Cook is in such a good run of form.
Kian Harratt 4/10 - sent off on his debut, scored one goal and missed his pen in midweek. Doesn't suit us in terms of style or system so really don't know why we signed him tbh.
Manny Osadebe N/A - leg broken six minutes into his debut.

Overall pretty pleased so far.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Standouts for me really are Ben Whitfield, Sam Foley and Harrison Neal, they've featured the most alongside Tyrell Warren who despite scoring a couple of goals I'm not 100% convinced by when it matters defensively. Myles Kenlock has looked like a reliable deputy to Patrick Brough. We haven't seen much of the others in League Two games but out of the Papa John's/League Cup appearances David Moyo doesn't offer much, Bennett should be ahead of him once he returns and is up to speed.

A fair amount of success has been improvements from a number of our pre-existing squad who were shackled by Cooper and seem to be enjoying their football more.

Cas

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Harry Lewis 9/10 . Championship minimum in a few years, I reckon.
Brad Halliday 7/10. Much better going forward. His 1v1 defending is good, but he's a bit naff at tracking runners.
Matty Platt 8/10. Thought he was a bit average in pre-season and against Barrow, but not put a foot wrong since. Our best defender and much better than O'Connor from last season.
Romoney Critchlow 6.5/10. Very good until he started streaming shitty Call of Duty on Twitch. Seriously, he's been utterly woeful for the last three or so games.
Timi Odusina 7/10. Hasn't had much of a chance since he was injured and had covid early in the season. Think he's better than Critchlow though.
Ritchie Smallwood 7.5/10. Had a few average games but some very good ones. Can tell he's played at a higher level.
Ryan East 6.5/10. Too similar to Smallwood for me, but I do like him. Decent passing range and plenty of energy. Think he's been held back a bit because he hasn't played much football for a 24-year-old.
Scott Banks - 7.5/10. Great free-kicks and good technical ability. Had a few quiet games but like AR27 said, when he's on it he's very good.
Dion Pereira 5/10. He's either not fit or he's carrying a knock. Disappointing so far but I'm sure he'll pick up.
Harry Chapman 7/10. If he was more consistent he wouldn't be at League Two level really. Another who's very good when he's on it.
Jake Young 7/10. I really like Jake, but he needs to start affecting games more. Seems to struggle against physical defenders and will contribute little when that's the case. But another of those who is very good when he's on it. Has the potential to go higher than League Two.
Tyreik Wright 8/10. Pace, skill, great work rate, and the perfect attitude. Never fall in love with loan players they say, but lads like Tyreik make it hard (giggles). Very bright future in football.
Vadaine Oliver 6/10. Not had too much of a chance. Cook's form has kept his time on the pitch limited and he joined pretty late in pre-season so he wasn't as fit as some of the other players. Think he'll get his chance sooner or later and score plenty.
Kian Harratt 3.5/10. I liked him, then I thought he was naff, then I liked him again and now I'm back with him being a bit naff. Outside of his work rate he hasn't had a good time of it so far. Got sent off against Doncaster for slapping their goalkeeper after the full-time whistle and has had a couple of opportunities to get back in, but when given those, he's looked poor. As AR27 said again, he doesn't fit our system.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Tomas Holy 6/10 - Hasn’t really done anything wrong, but hasn’t done anything outstanding, just steady which in a goalkeeper you can’t complain. My only gripe is his distribution is a big downgrade on Mark Howard’s from last season. But otherwise so far so good.

Michael Kelly N/A - Haven’t seen him play.

Fin Back 6/10 - Young loaned full back from Forest. Good so far, defends well and gets forward. Think he’s capable of better productivity in the final third, but I think that will come and I’d expect him to be a solid 7 or 8 out of 10 by mid season.

Ben Barclay 3/10 - A decent performance, then a dire performance before getting injured. Can’t really say much more as he’s still not back fit. So through partly no fault of his own a poor signing so far.

Duncan Idehen N/A - Haven’t seen him play. Or maybe I have for a few minutes, but don’t recall it.

Paul Huntington 7/10 - Exactly what we needed. Experienced, good in the air, an organiser and a threat in the opposition box which is useful seeing as we have zero creativity. Lacks pace but we can live with that. He’s effectively our captain even though he doesn’t wear the armband. Pick of the bunch so far.

Owen Moxon 6/10 - Summer signing from Scottish league two side Annan. Really good find. Good passer, aggressive, has a goal in him. Think he’ll play higher. Sometimes gases out, but that’s no doubt the jump from being a DPD driver to a professional footballer within a few months. Needs to find some consistency but again I think that’s the step up to pro football.

Jayden Harris 2/10 - Hasn’t done much so far and looks a bit out of his depth. But hopefully more to come. The step up from National league to EFL is no doubt bigger than he anticipated. Young enough to improve so hopeful

Sonny Hilton 1/10 - Has done nothing in his appearances so far. Think there’s talent there but we haven’t seen any of it.

Jack Stretton 4/10 - Would have been 1/10 a week ago, but a good performance and assist against Grimsby, followed by a half decent showing against Crewe. His work rate and attitude is admirable. Just need more.

Ryan Edmondson 2/10 - I’m hopeful Ryan will come good, but he’s been plagued by injuries so far. Scored a goal in a league cup game, his only contribution so far. But hasn’t been on the pitch since.

MWS

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Vit Jaros (Loan from Liverpool) - 8/10 A very astute bit of summer business bringing Jaros in on a season long loan. Excellent reactions and shot stopping ability matched with very very good distribution. Dislodged club legend Hinchliffe fairly quickly and hasn't looked back

James Brown (Loan from Blackburn) - 7/10 Started very well but has since waned a little and ended up on the bench in favor of Will Collar at RB who is usually a CM (while Southam-Hales is injured). A useful addition to the squad though.

Joe Lewis (Torquay) - 6/10 A bit hit and miss, has been at fault for a few goals this season either this poor decision making or poor positioning. Athletically impressive, tall and strong and reasonable on the ball. Plenty of time to develop into a solid CB

Fraser Horsfall (Northampton) - 7/10 Solid and dependable CB looks to be getting better each week. Need to find him a regular position and defensive partner though.

Chris Hussey (Port Vale) - 6/10 Not seen an awful lot of Hussey as yet. Looks to be calm on the ball and has good distribution. Scored a belter away at Crawley

Akil Wright (York) - 5/10 Again, not seen much of Akil. Illness kept him out of the side in the early part of the season. Came into replace the excellent Ryan Croasdale which was questionable. Looked useful as a midfield breaker upper of things but then stupidly got himself sent off.

Connor Lemonhaigh-Evans (Torquay) - 6/10 Hasn't played too many minutes but got the full 90 against Walsall, looked a threat and was awarded sponsors MOTM. Dangerous on the half turn he should hopefully get some more opportunities to impress

Callum Camps (Fleetwood) - 9/10 Rolls Royce of a midfielder. Superb touch, passing and control. Looks in every way a step above his team mates. Best signing of the summer by some margin.

Kyle Wootton - 7/10 Hard working striker and a slight upgrade in terms of hold up play than Scott Quigley but with only 1 goal to his name this season he's lacking a bit of confidence. Hopeful a partnership with Madden will develop over time.

MWS

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Tomas Holy 6/10 - Hasn’t really done anything wrong, but hasn’t done anything outstanding, just steady which in a goalkeeper you can’t complain. My only gripe is his distribution is a big downgrade on Mark Howard’s from last season. But otherwise so far so good.

Michael Kelly N/A - Haven’t seen him play.

Fin Back 6/10 - Young loaned full back from Forest. Good so far, defends well and gets forward. Think he’s capable of better productivity in the final third, but I think that will come and I’d expect him to be a solid 7 or 8 out of 10 by mid season.

Ben Barclay 3/10 - A decent performance, then a dire performance before getting injured. Can’t really say much more as he’s still not back fit. So through partly no fault of his own a poor signing so far.

Duncan Idehen N/A - Haven’t seen him play. Or maybe I have for a few minutes, but don’t recall it.

Paul Huntington 7/10 - Exactly what we needed. Experienced, good in the air, an organiser and a threat in the opposition box which is useful seeing as we have zero creativity. Lacks pace but we can live with that. He’s effectively our captain even though he doesn’t wear the armband. Pick of the bunch so far.

Owen Moxon 6/10 - Summer signing from Scottish league two side Annan. Really good find. Good passer, aggressive, has a goal in him. Think he’ll play higher. Sometimes gases out, but that’s no doubt the jump from being a DPD driver to a professional footballer within a few months. Needs to find some consistency but again I think that’s the step up to pro football.

Jayden Harris 2/10 - Hasn’t done much so far and looks a bit out of his depth. But hopefully more to come. The step up from National league to EFL is no doubt bigger than he anticipated. Young enough to improve so hopeful

Sonny Hilton 1/10 - Has done nothing in his appearances so far. Think there’s talent there but we haven’t seen any of it.

Jack Stretton 4/10 - Would have been 1/10 a week ago, but a good performance and assist against Grimsby, followed by a half decent showing against Crewe. His work rate and attitude is admirable. Just need more.

Ryan Edmondson 2/10 - I’m hopeful Ryan will come good, but he’s been plagued by injuries so far. Scored a goal in a league cup game, his only contribution so far. But hasn’t been on the pitch since.
I dodn't realise Jack Stretton was at Carlisle. Looked handy when we had him on loan in the NL a couple of seasons ago.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Standouts for me really are Ben Whitfield, Sam Foley and Harrison Neal, they've featured the most alongside Tyrell Warren who despite scoring a couple of goals I'm not 100% convinced by when it matters defensively. Myles Kenlock has looked like a reliable deputy to Patrick Brough. We haven't seen much of the others in League Two games but out of the Papa John's/League Cup appearances David Moyo doesn't offer much, Bennett should be ahead of him once he returns and is up to speed.

A fair amount of success has been improvements from a number of our pre-existing squad who were shackled by Cooper and seem to be enjoying their football more.

McClelland also a stand-out for me. I think Warren has had some great games and been a man of the match candidate a few times - but he's also had a couple of stinkers. I do think he's better with McClelland covering behind him though.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
James Maxwell - 5/10 makes too many mistakes and caught out of position too often, only young though.
Adam Long - 5/10 not had much game time and another youngster.
Luke Molyneux - 6/10 major disappointment
Lee Tomlin - 6/10 before his retirement
Kyle Hurst - 7/10 another youngster can be a game winner and non existent but massive potential.
Jack Degruchy - n/a another youngster bought for the future.
Harrison Biggins - 5/10 described as a box to box type but yet to see anything of that.
George Miller - 8/10 hard working, gets into goal scoring positions but normally needs another touch and is extremely one footed has his miss against Rochdale showed however he didn’t let it affect him.
Josh Andrews - n/a injured early into the season and not seen since.
Max Woltman - n/a hardly had a kick.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
McClelland also a stand-out for me. I think Warren has had some great games and been a man of the match candidate a few times - but he's also had a couple of stinkers. I do think he's better with McClelland covering behind him though.
pretty much agree with what you've both put

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Arthur Okonkwo 7/10 - looked abit shake at times but getting better every week. An upgrade on the keepers we had last season.

Kelvin Mellor 8/10 - I was very skeptical when we signed. Stunk of cheap option, signing a former player who struggled at a bottom half league 2 team last season, but he's not put a foot wrong.

Rod Mcdonald 9/10 - same as Mellor I was skeptical, but he's been fantastic. Also really helped Offord who's now back to his best.

Connor Thomas 7/10 - Started really really well, his form has gone abit more mediocre, but he's very important in making us alot more solid.

Charlie Colckett 2/10 - Injury prone player, who shockingly is injured and barely played.

Khyana Leshbala 6/10 - not had alot of minutes, looks abit raw but he's got a good energy and he's a decent option off the bench.

Lachlan Brook 6/10 - started like a house on fire, scored a great goal on the opening day, but then suffered an injury and missed about 4 weeks, not quite been the same yet since.

Courtney Baker-Richardson 9/10 - been fantastic. Clinical in front of goal, works hard, link up play is decent. I wasn't expecting him to be an upgrade on Mandron but he certainly is.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC

Not sure how, but I completely forgot about him!

Dirk Diggler

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Sol Brynn 8/10 - GK on loan from Middlesbrough - Fantastic shop stopper, only loses a mark as his kicking is not that great, however, considering that we mainly play out from the back its not that much of an issue

Conor Brann NA - Signed on deadline day from the Irish League, however, hasn't played yet as one probably for the future

Romeao Hutton - 7/10 - Started poorly but has improved with each game. Reasonable crosser of the ball. Extra mark given for 2 goalmouth clearances that saved certain goals in 2 of the last 3 games

Tom Clayton - 9/10 - Rolls Royce signing from Liverpool. Slotted in seamlessly into our back line .Destined for greater things

Reece Divine - NA - Only featured in one Papas game as injured in pre-season. Not currently in the match day 18

Frazer Blake- Tracey - 7/10 - On loan from Burton Albion. Under the impression that he was a dog, but anything but. Good header of the ball and can see us attempting to buy in January

Angus Macdonald - 6/10 - Not as good as we were led to believe. Not a great passer of the ball but pretty good in the air. Scott Lindsey rates him as made him captain although he's 1 week into a 10 week sabbatical due to a shoulder injury

Marcel Lavinier - 5/10 - Deadline day signing from Spurs. Injured in his second game but hasn't managed to get back in the team due to the form of Hutton.

Cian Harries - 3/10 - Only played 1 league game and 1 pizza game in which he was sent off. Not currently in the match day 18

Ciaran Brennan - 5/10 - On loan from Sheff Wed. Started in the season opener and has hardly featured since. Came off the bench against Cobblers and missed a guilt edge header in the 93rd minute which would have given us a point. Can possibly see him being recalled by Wednesday due to lack of game time

Ronan Darcey - 8/10 - Fans favourite having established himself in our midfield. Works very hard allied to a reasonable amount of skill

Saidou Khan - 8/10 - See Ronan Darcey. Very difficult to push off the ball. Very effective whether starting or off the bench. Pushing for a regular starting spot but our midfield is very competitive

Tyrese Shade - 6/10 - There's a player in there but we have only seen glimpses of it. A real athlete with a powerful shot but doesn't seem to have the confidence to regularly take people on. Effective, and usually our first change off the bench

Morgan Roberts - NA - Deadline day signing from Conference North. Been on the bench but yet to get on the pitch. Probably one for the future

Tomi Adeloye - 5/10 - Hardly featured apart from the first game at Harrogate where he was ineffective. Been injured since Aug 27 but looks as if he may be back in 2/3 weeks. At this stage he seems destined for a role as an impact sub only

Luke Jephcott - 7/10 - On loan from Argyle with an option to buy. Came to us unfit due to lack of game time but has started the last 3 games and bagged 2 poachers goals. A lot expected of him once he's fully fit and we play to his strengths

Rushian Hepburn-Murphy - NA- Superb 30 min cameo in the recent pizza cup game after 18 months out with injury. Came on a sub in his first league game and promptly went off after 15 mins due to a severe hamstring injury. Been out for 2 of reputed 10 weeks but big things expected of him if he can regain his fitness

Jacob Wakeling - 9/10 - Released by Leicester after a loan spell at Barrow in which he didnt pull up any trees. Been absolutely superb and a real fans favourite. Scored 4 goals to date with plenty more to come. Initially signed on a 1 year deal thats already been upgraded to a 3 1/2 year deal which is unheard of for us. Fans favourite due, in part, to his enthusiasm and endless running

To summarise its been a very good start by us, considering the complete overhaul of the playing squad that got to the playoffs last year. Only Baudry, Iandolo, Gladwin, Reed & Williams remain of last seasons 18. Fully expect us to get , at the very least, a playoff spot and wouldn't be at all surprised to see us in the top 3 come May.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Owen Evans been solid enough 6/10
Liam Bennett looks very promising full of energy 8/10
Liam Gordon just come back from injury unsure yet??
Osin Mcentee still injured not played ??
Taylor Allen hit and miss 5/10
Donervon Daniels very good and strong 8/10
Peter Clarke like him so far 7/10
Brandon Comley poor and slow on the ball 4/10
Isaac Hutchinson shown glimpses of quality so far 5/10
Joe Riley injured since pre season ??
Tom Knowles looks quick poor finisher though 5/10
Timmy Abraham crap utter crap 1/10
Andy Williams looks past it mostly 3/10
Danny Johnson great finisher needs a partner 9/10
Danny Cashman hardly played and not done much when he has 4/10
We still have Conor Wilkinson and joss Labadie to come back around December from ACL injuries.

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Bit of football geek mode this afternoon so decided to rate our signings through the lens of the i(don't)follow cameras....

Regan Tumilty 6/10 - Raith Rovers. Really shaky start, still looks suspect defensively but can impact in forward areas. Useful backup to Sterry.
Brody Paterson 4/10 - Celtic B. Young and not up to it at the minute, not great either defensively or in attack from LWB.
Alex Lacey 5/10- a poor man's Gary Liddle really, signed from Notts. Has been alright recently but struggles against physical forwards and clever movement.
Rollin Menayese 7/10 - loan from Walsall. Decent defender at this level. Good in the air, not short of pace.
Euan Murray 5/10 - Kilmarnock. Absolute liability at the beginning but is getting better, still not totally convinced.
Mohammed Niang 5/10 - Partick. Can't pass for shit and goes walkies but puts in a shift in a DM role, good tackler, very strong. More to come I hope.
Mo Sylla 7/10 - Aldershot. Has had a good impact, breaks up play well, very physical and is capable of driving runs forward. Limited on the ball so is very much a Curleball type player. Becoming a bit of a fans favourite.
Callum Cooke 4/10 - Bradford. Really underwhelmed, unfit, can't run, not sure where he fits in but he probably has to somehow as we have limited midfield options.
Wes McDonald 7/10 - Morecambe. Looks unplayable at times, other times very playable. I like him, quick, direct and can finish. His passing and crossing on the otherhand....
Jake Hastie 3/10 - Rangers. The worst of the lot. Not up to this level and don't like his body language. Probably lost his way in the game.
Ellis Taylor N/A - Sunderland. Don't want to knock him as he's a local lad but from what I've seen, nowhere near pro level.
Clarke Oduor 7/10 - Barnsley on loan. You can see his ability, hasn't played as much as he'd want but is clearly a good player at L2 level. Hope he gets more starts.
Josh Umerah 9/10 - Wealdstone. Brilliant lad, really strong, has an affinity with the fans, wholehearted and just gets better and better. Should get good coin for him at some point.
Mikael Ndjoli 6/10 - Aldershot. Struggled to find his best position. Decent squad player.
Jack Hamilton 5/10 - loan from Livingston. Absolute rubbish in his sub appearances but by all accounts was good in his first (?) start the other day.

Who stands out and who doesn't from your recruitment?
Would agree with all of that. Hastie Cooke Murray and Hamilton have been awful overall.

However, both Murray and Hamilton were improved the other night, but not good enough really.

Hastie’s attitude stinks he looks like he can’t be arsed to be here and has the aura of a proper big timer despite looking completely inept when he’s played.

Umerah the standout successful signing with promising glimpses from a couple of others.

Overall the squad is definitely weaker than last year however.

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Owen Evans been solid enough 6/10
Liam Bennett looks very promising full of energy 8/10
Liam Gordon just come back from injury unsure yet??
Osin Mcentee still injured not played ??
Taylor Allen hit and miss 5/10
Donervon Daniels very good and strong 8/10
Peter Clarke like him so far 7/10
Brandon Comley poor and slow on the ball 4/10
Isaac Hutchinson shown glimpses of quality so far 5/10
Joe Riley injured since pre season ??
Tom Knowles looks quick poor finisher though 5/10
Timmy Abraham crap utter crap 1/10
Andy Williams looks past it mostly 3/10
Danny Johnson great finisher needs a partner 9/10
Danny Cashman hardly played and not done much when he has 4/10
We still have Conor Wilkinson and joss Labadie to come back around December from ACL injuries.

Didn't realise you had signed Joe Riley.

What's up with him now?

He spent 2 years here after signing from Man Utd and was injured for most of his time with us. He managed 6 appearances in those 2 years.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Riley spent 2 years here and was barely injured, certainly nothing long term anyway.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Ellery Batcombe gk loan played first half in first game but injured since.???
Corey Addai gk brought in as back up but played every league game since.
Seems to have shots going into corners against him. Undecided 5
David Robson gk loan. Played in efl trophy games. Looks quite good but not seen enough. ???
Travis Johnston, rb all the attributes but seems to only want to pass backwards. 3
Dion Conroy. Cb. Looked good. Got injured.6
Brandon Mason. Lwb Looks good going forward but seems to have an error in him. 5
Tobi Omole cb . I took to him. Looked good, composed. Got injured.6
Ben Wells cb rb. Brought for the future. Only played bit parts???
Mazeed Ogbungo cb. Lb loan. Looked good, then caught the malaise of only passing backwards.4
Jayden Davies. Rwb rw. One 60 minute blast where he looked great. Injured since???
James Balagizi cm. Loan looked really good. Should be a pivot but we seem to be playing him further forward. Just returned to Liverpool to check out injury picked up on England duty 7
Teddy Jenks cm loan. Played a few then disappeared 3
Tom Fellows rwb rw. Loan. Looks good. Could be a future championship player. 6
Moe Shubbar. Fwd. Out on loan..?
Dom Telford. Fwd. Haven't played to his strengths...has he got any? 2
David Bremang. Fwd. Needs to improve to stay as a league footballer 2
Caleb Chukwuemeka fwd. Looked good in one game didn't play the next. ???

Two of that lot started on Saturday.

Recruitment division 1

Casey

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Overall the squad is definitely weaker than last year however.
Have to agree at this juncture but the present lot have certain strengths over last year's. Not borne out in the results but slowly signs are there

We have more options in some positions, more pace and strength but definitely less capable players ability wise. Defensively weaker except Menayese but he's not better than Odusina.Tumilty maybe over Ogle but Byrne is better than Murray and Liddle over Lacey. Angol better backup than Paterson.

Midfield is a different dynamic now with two stoppers (the type we haven't had in yonks) but not as comfy on the ball as the likes of Morris, and no one with the goal threat Holohan had. We also had some dross like Martin Smith and Isaac Fletcher who thankfully aren't here now.

Attack wise, Molyneux would easily get a game now. Flipside, the wide options are arguably more varied with McDonald, Oduor, Ndjoli. I'd also have Umerah above Bogle. Carver and Hamilton both shit but the latter is young enough to improve. Still baffles me how Grey isn't getting a look in.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Didn't realise you had signed Joe Riley.

What's up with him now?

He spent 2 years here after signing from Man Utd and was injured for most of his time with us. He managed 6 appearances in those 2 years.
No one has said yet hasnt kicked a ball for us so far

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Have to agree at this juncture but the present lot have certain strengths over last year's. Not borne out in the results but slowly signs are there

We have more options in some positions, more pace and strength but definitely less capable players ability wise. Defensively weaker except Menayese but he's not better than Odusina.Tumilty maybe over Ogle but Byrne is better than Murray and Liddle over Lacey. Angol better backup than Paterson.

Midfield is a different dynamic now with two stoppers (the type we haven't had in yonks) but not as comfy on the ball as the likes of Morris, and no one with the goal threat Holohan had. We also had some dross like Martin Smith and Isaac Fletcher who thankfully aren't here now.

Attack wise, Molyneux would easily get a game now. Flipside, the wide options are arguably more varied with McDonald, Oduor, Ndjoli. I'd also have Umerah above Bogle. Carver and Hamilton both shit but the latter is young enough to improve. Still baffles me how Grey isn't getting a look in.
Yeah I get what you’re saying, I am mainly thinking of the defensive options of Timi, Byrne, Liddle and ZFA compared to what we have seen from Murray, Lacey and Mayo

When considering the full squad maybe I am being a touch harsh, after the start to the season we have had and the horror shows under Hartley. Maybe they will change my mind with a good few games under Curle.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
A lot of 7’s 8’s and 9’s in this thread.

It would seem we are the only team whose new signings have in the most part failed to hit the ground running.

Big Bird

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Rolls Royce's all over league 2!

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
Harry Lewis - Rolls Royce 71 plate
Brad Halliday - Rolls Royce 68 plate
Matty Platt - Rolls Royce 69 plate
Timi Odusina - Rolls Royce 67 plate
Romoney Critchlow - Rolls Royce 68 plate
Ritchie Smallwood - Rolls Royce 69 plate - Yiannimize wrapped
Ryan East - Rolls Royce 65 plate
Harry Chapman - Rolls Royce 67 plate
Scott Bank - Rolls Royce 68 plate
Dion Pereira - Rolls Royce 66 plate
Tyreik Wright - Rolls Royce 69 plate
Jake Young - Rolls Royce 67 plate
Kian Harratt - Rolls Royce 05 plate
Vadaine Oliver - Rolls Royce 67 plate
Manny Osadebe - failed its MOT

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Yeah I get what you’re saying, I am mainly thinking of the defensive options of Timi, Byrne, Liddle and ZFA compared to what we have seen from Murray, Lacey and Mayo

When considering the full squad maybe I am being a touch harsh, after the start to the season we have had and the horror shows under Hartley. Maybe they will change my mind with a good few games under Curle.
I think a lot of people are now warming to the scots lads, God only knows what Hartley was putting them through!

Apart from Murray/Tumilty, Think the others may have not played a lot of 1st team football north of the border.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Apart from Murray/Tumilty, Think the others may have not played a lot of 1st team football north of the border.
Wastie and Hamilton have a fair bit. Niang no one has heard of him ever

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Wastie and Hamilton have a fair bit. Niang no one has heard of him ever
Don,t understand Hastie at all, We have Championship clubs north and south of us
You would think he would want to make a good impression, Gift horse and all that.

Don,t know what level Hamilton was at, But saw glimpses v Donny.
Think Niang really does have potential, And why is Senna not already in Lge 2

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Don,t understand Hastie at all, We have Championship clubs north and south of us
You would think he would want to make a good impression, Gift horse and all that.

Don,t know what level Hamilton was at, But saw glimpses v Donny.
Think Niang really does have potential, And why is Senna not already in Lge 2
Hastie seems to have a massive chip on his shoulder, spitting his dummy out like he believes he should be playing at a much higher level, despite being really poor and one dimensional. Massive ego and not the ability to back it up.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
A lot of 7’s 8’s and 9’s in this thread.

It would seem we are the only team whose new signings have in the most part failed to hit the ground running.
Have you seen my take on Crawley?

Casey

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!