12/11 back to the bread and butter weekend

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
Agree, they should have picked the 6 goal thriller between two sides in the top 7 ;)

Had a nights sleep and am still gutted. Thought we were the better side in the 2nd half and being 3-2 up after 95 minutes really should have won the game. I don't think Kanu was playacting, he had been struggling with cramp for 10-15 minutes and Waddock is not the kind of manager who would tollerate that anyway. That said, we really should have taken him off earlier in hindsight. If there is any blame for the goal its probably Cole's poor punch from the initial cross.

Had a couple of relatives with me who thought it was a great game of football between two decent sides.

We've now played the top 3 away and were not outplayed by any of them. We could and should have taken 5 points from those games but only took 1, fine margins I feel will cost us later in the season. Still, we've now played 5 of the top 6 away so our away fixtures can't get any harder!
I dont think he was playing act either sadly him and a few of his team mates had been down with 'injuries' before that and I think had had enough and saw the lad had cramp and not a head injury so by rights didn't need to stop the game.
Aldershot looked a decent side and the first this season to put 3 past us in an 11 v 11 game.
You looked especially good out wide and we didn't learn and played far too narrow.
First time I can remember us scoring so deep into injury time for many. many years certainly since relegation.

Bigluke

Reaction score
Supports
dover
Were we lucky?
In the match no, probably not, lucky to have Miller, most certainly, but at half time none of us could see anything but a defeat. Solihull were deservedly leading, Parkinson deservedly got a red card and we were out of it.....or so we thought, but in truth he could have had five, with two belters rattling the woodwork one from a free kick fully 30, 35 yards out.
The reality is, even if it doesn't continue at the current rate which is doubtful, that someone will be taking him off our hands come January, and without him I just can't see where any goals are going to come from, and the deeper the realisation sinks in, the more a lot of us are worrying.

Kinnear isn't helping either with his comments in todays NL, where instead of admitting he dropped him because he got two yellow cards, he has all but accused him of being lazy. Now he may be many things, bit lazy OMG!
The other worries are the form of Modeste so normally a 7,8 out of 10 player who has had a shocking last 4,5 games. The boss again left Moses on the bench (even when Miller came off) a player who himself scored about 12, 15 goals this time last season,. which rather suggests he just doesn't fancy him any more. Our midfield duo, without being shit, continue to disappoint and though we are only one point of the play offs when our talisman disappears so too I fear will our seasons aspirations and so too will 20/30% of our crowds which compared to some are already quite small. We should really be over the moon with our league position and taking it at face value we are, but that injection of realism is but a few weeks away

Would like to add what a friendly bunch they were at Solihull as well, it's not often, en masse that you can walk into a bar, in fact even around the ground and bump into such amiable supporters who just want to talk NL football generally,a good day out, which obviously turned into a great day out

Last edited:

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
I dont think he was playing act either sadly him and a few of his team mates had been down with 'injuries' before that and I think had had enough and saw the lad had cramp and not a head injury so by rights didn't need to stop the game.
Aldershot looked a decent side and the first this season to put 3 past us in an 11 v 11 game.
You looked especially good out wide and we didn't learn and played far too narrow.
First time I can remember us scoring so deep into injury time for many. many years certainly since relegation.
Not that late, but away at Chester (3-3, Robinson) won't have been far off. Home to Stockport (another 3-3, Taylor) was very late, too (or at least seemed it!).

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
One for DSL ~ Tom Shaw has been magnificent this season. Best player at PP yesterday by a mile.
Ever since Burr has gone he seems to have improved markedly in a Chester shirt. Good for him. Not in one bit surprised. If Nickt wasnt such an akward twat with some players we would have had him longer. He lives 2 minutes away!

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
I agree with ya mate but the sad fact is its a race to the bottom the likes of eastleigh, fgr , welling and dover kicked lumps out of us at our place last year when we tried to play football, sadly, and i dont like it, we have had to muscle up this season . Purists will hate me saying it but unfortunately in this case two wrongs do make a right.

Thanks for your honesty Mark, it's a pity Chris FGR does show the same level of integrity.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Tranmere belong in at least L1 and I'll be happy if they go up this season, but tbh I just want to see the back of the irritating bastards that are FGR.

CFC2010

Reaction score
Supports
Chester
Great article in the chronicle about that mate well worth the read. Its on twitter too if you are on there

Yeah I've seen it mate. Hopefully the fact that yesterday passed with no trouble will be another nail in the bubbles coffin, I really can't see how the police can continue to justify it past this season.

FGRJC

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Tranmere belong in at least L1 and I'll be happy if they go up this season, but tbh I just want to see the back of the irritating bastards that are FGR.

Feeling is mutual you beautiful Welsh bastard :)

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
Hear, hear, I agree - FGR for promotion.

Last edited:

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green

Don't worry mate, you wont see us back in Wales at your place anytime soon, if ever.

Mark kavanagh

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Im already plotting a cheeky 5 pound ew on chester next season after yesterday

WokingTillIDiet

Reaction score
Supports
Woking
He scored as many as Ugwu and DSY for us despite only playing about 5 games.

Any chance we can have him for free?
3 goals in 6 games for Tubbs, 6 goals in 17 games for Ugwu, 3 goals in 11 games for Sam-Yorke. So no, not actually true.

saltpie

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield Town
Every time Traore has played this season he's had the shit kicked out of him, leading to two injuries, doidge gets fouled a lot too. Like yesterday for example, one of the macc players went off injuried after a 50/50 with Liam Noble, no intent to hurt him, the reff played on and it was Noble that stopped play so he could receive treatment. No dirty pennock tactics this season!
As you say a 50/50 tackle the FGR was obviously concerned and alerted the ref sraight away.Paul Lewis was unlucky it was just two players giving 100% to win the ball and the injury could just as easily happened to the FGR player.
A poster on the wraggs to riches web site says that a provisional X ray has not shown any break but a bad cut but if there is any muscle or ligament damage etc I don't know

FGRJC

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
As you say a 50/50 tackle the FGR was obviously concerned and alerted the ref sraight away.Paul Lewis was unlucky it was just two players giving 100% to win the ball and the injury could just as easily happened to the FGR player.
A poster on the wraggs to riches web site says that a provisional X ray has not shown any break but a bad cut but if there is any muscle or ligament damage etc I don't know

Hope its not to serious!

DontBringBertie

Reaction score
Supports
Woking
3 goals in 6 games for Tubbs, 6 goals in 17 games for Ugwu, 3 goals in 11 games for Sam-Yorke. So no, not actually true.

Was taking about league games.

2 in 16 for Ugwu, 3 in 10 for DSY.

So Tubbs has more goals than Ugwu (in 10 less games) and the same as DSY.

If Ugwu and DSY are our starting strikers for the rest of the season we'll comfortably get relegated.

WokingTillIDiet

Reaction score
Supports
Woking
Was taking about league games.

2 in 16 for Ugwu, 3 in 10 for DSY.

So Tubbs has more goals than Ugwu (in 10 less games) and the same as DSY.

If Ugwu and DSY are our starting strikers for the rest of the season we'll comfortably get relegated.
Not sure where to start with that load of bollocks, to be honest. But okay, let's limit it to league games only (shame that the F A Cup isn't part of our season, incidentally. Maybe we should give back all the money that Ugwu's goals have made us? Presumably you're not going to the Accrington game as a form of protest?). Anyway... it's probably escaped your attention, but apart from last night, our problem isn't really about scoring goals. Only eight teams in this division this season have scored more than us - partly due to the number of opportunities created by using Ugwu as a battering ram. Our problem is that we can't defend.

Oh, and Sam-Yorke, for all his myriad limitations and injury problems, has only played eight (not ten) league games this season, scoring three goals. A slightly worse return than Tubbs' three-in-six (one a penalty, one a meaningless late consolation), but still pretty respectable. At least, it would be respectable if he played in a team that didn't need to score three or four goals most games just to gain a point.

DontBringBertie

Reaction score
Supports
Woking
Not sure where to start with that load of bollocks, to be honest. But okay, let's limit it to league games only (shame that the F A Cup isn't part of our season, incidentally. Maybe we should give back all the money that Ugwu's goals have made us? Presumably you're not going to the Accrington game as a form of protest?). Anyway... it's probably escaped your attention, but apart from last night, our problem isn't really about scoring goals. Only eight teams in this division this season have scored more than us - partly due to the number of opportunities created by using Ugwu as a battering ram. Our problem is that we can't defend.

Oh, and Sam-Yorke, for all his myriad limitations and injury problems, has only played eight (not ten) league games this season, scoring three goals. A slightly worse return than Tubbs' three-in-six (one a penalty, one a meaningless late consolation), but still pretty respectable. At least, it would be respectable if he played in a team that didn't need to score three or four goals most games just to gain a point.

Sam Yorke has played 11 league games if you really want to count. Doesn't that make it worse that it a "free scoring team" that our strikers still can't score? And you mention 1 of Tubbs' goals was a penalty. Shame DSY couldn't score his penalty earlier in the season.

And I left the cup out because Tubbs didn't get a chance to play against Conference North opposition, unlike Ugwu and DSY. Shall we include the Surrey Senior Cup game on Tuesday against Walton Casuals as well if either of them score?

Load of bollocks.

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
One defeat in eleven games for us, quite like being this average! :thumbs:

I didn't think you were average at all, I thought you were very good. It's not often a team takes points from us with me thinking, "Fair play, they deserved that". Yes, we were depleted, and yes, we were down to 10 men for half an hour (harshly, I still think), but we can have no excuses. Chester were a very handy side.

I left frustrated, but it was because of the referee and our own inadequacies.

WokingTillIDiet

Reaction score
Supports
Woking
Sam Yorke has played 11 league games if you really want to count. Doesn't that make it worse that it a "free scoring team" that our strikers still can't score? And you mention 1 of Tubbs' goals was a penalty. Shame DSY couldn't score his penalty earlier in the season.

And I left the cup out because Tubbs didn't get a chance to play against Conference North opposition, unlike Ugwu and DSY. Shall we include the Surrey Senior Cup game on Tuesday against Walton Casuals as well if either of them score?

Load of bollocks.
Load of bollocks is right. Three goals in eight league games, I make it - Guiseley, Torquay, Wrexham, Tranmere, Eastleigh, Bromley, Sutton and now North Ferriby. Do let me know which games I've missed.

No, if our strikers are creating chances and goals for the rest of their teammates and we're therefore scoring more than two-thirds of the teams in our league (not sure why you're quoting "free scoring team" as I don't recall using that phrase), then I'd say that's a lot more important than their individual tallies. That seems like footballing common-sense to me, but obviously it doesn't to you.

Yes, it was a shame that DSY didn't score his penalty earlier this season. Dreadful effort too. In fact, equally as bad as that two-yard open-goal sitter that Tubbs missed a few minutes from time against Braintree when the score was 2-2 (you'll recall we went on to lose 3-2). Still, good that we managed to get the lazy old lag just a little bit fitter for FGR.

No, Tubbs didn't get the chance to play against Conference North opposition. He also didn't get the chance to play against Torquay United (who, last time I looked, were still in the same division as us) in the F A Cup. Maybe he'd have done even better than the two goals Ugwu scored against them to put us into the next round and bring in some much-needed cash for the club. Who can say? Apart from you, obviously...

No, I wouldn't include the Surrey Senior Cup game. Unlike you, I don't treat it on a par with the F A Cup.

DontBringBertie

Reaction score
Supports
Woking
Load of bollocks is right. Three goals in eight league games, I make it - Guiseley, Torquay, Wrexham, Tranmere, Eastleigh, Bromley, Sutton and now North Ferriby. Do let me know which games I've missed.

No, if our strikers are creating chances and goals for the rest of their teammates and we're therefore scoring more than two-thirds of the teams in our league (not sure why you're quoting "free scoring team" as I don't recall using that phrase), then I'd say that's a lot more important than their individual tallies. That seems like footballing common-sense to me, but obviously it doesn't to you.

Yes, it was a shame that DSY didn't score his penalty earlier this season. Dreadful effort too. In fact, equally as bad as that two-yard open-goal sitter that Tubbs missed a few minutes from time against Braintree when the score was 2-2 (you'll recall we went on to lose 3-2). Still, good that we managed to get the lazy old lag just a little bit fitter for FGR.

No, Tubbs didn't get the chance to play against Conference North opposition. He also didn't get the chance to play against Torquay United (who, last time I looked, were still in the same division as us) in the F A Cup. Maybe he'd have done even better than the two goals Ugwu scored against them to put us into the next round and bring in some much-needed cash for the club. Who can say? Apart from you, obviously...

No, I wouldn't include the Surrey Senior Cup game. Unlike you, I don't treat it on a par with the F A Cup.

DSY also played against Barrow, Braintree and Boreham Wood.

I'd be surprised if we don't go with Ugwu and Kandi against Maidstone.

LeWhites

Reaction score
Supports
Dover Athletic
Were we lucky?
In the match no, probably not, lucky to have Miller, most certainly, but at half time none of us could see anything but a defeat. Solihull were deservedly leading, Parkinson deservedly got a red card and we were out of it.....or so we thought. In truth he could have had five with two belters rattling the woodwork one from a free kick fully 30, 35 yards out.
The reality is, even if it doesn't continue at the current rate which is doubtful, that someone will be taking him off our hands come January, and without him I just can't see where any goals are going to come from, and the deeper the realisation sinks in, the more a lot of us are worrying.

innear isn't helping either with his comments in todays NL, where instead of admitting he dropped him because he git two yellow cards, he has
all but accused him of being lazy. Now he may be many things, bit lazy OMG!
The other worries are the form of Modeste so normally a 7,8 out of 10 player who has had a shocking last 4,5 games. The boss again left Moses on the bench (even when Miller came off) who bear in mind he had himself scored about 12, 15 goals this time last season,. which rather suggests he just doesn't fancy him any more. Our midfield duo, without being shit, continue to disappoint and though we are only one point of the play offs when our talisman disappears so too I fear will our seasons aspirations and so too will 20/30% of our crowds which compared to some are already quite small. We should really be over the moon with our league position and taking it at face value we are, but that injection of realism is but a few weeks away

Would like to add what a friendly bunch they were at Solihull as well, it's not often, en masse that you can walk into a bar, in fact even around the ground and bump into such amiable supporters who just want to talk NL football generally,a good day out, which obviously turned into a great day out
Zzzz moan moan moan, Kinnear's shit etc etc, getting boring now. Change the record, what a win and what a season, yet again. This is as good as it gets for a club like Dover, if you can't enjoy it now I don't know why you bother

Bigluke

Reaction score
Supports
dover
Hello, the Street Entertainer is back with more of his sycophantic ramblings.

Where did I say Kinnear was shit? He is our most successful manager ever, and he has my fullest support, but that doesn't mean he's perfect does it, but of course like so many on our forum you can neither speak, see or hear no evil can you?
If we have any chance of keeping Miller do you think it was wise or remotely fair for our boss to go into print (twice now) and publicly tell people he was being lazy.
Why couldn't CK tell people the truth instead, which was that he threw a strop when he picked up two yellows and as a punishment grounded him for four games. It coimments are even worse when he had previously admitted in that interview with Justin somebody or other that he dropped him because we were winning and you couldn't change the team, which of course evolved into a we couldn't change a losing team!

Answer me this, is Miller lazy, has he ever been lazy or is he an unrelenting grafter who never stops working for the team, and when you confirm the latter, perhaps you will surely at least understand why I questioned the wisdom and timing of his comments.

I also suggested that IMO the midfield are and have been disappointing, and even if you disagree it hardly constitutes a fucking moan does it, you obviously feel differently so nlets hear why then. I further suggested CK can not fancy Moses too much as he rarely even brings him on. Is that a moan too or simply a logical observation?

I also shared my concerns about where the goals will come from when Miller goes, or are you suggesting we shouldn't be worried, and if he does go, do you think crowds will rise or fall as many fear, and do you share the same concerns as everyone who went yesterday about what will happen to our play off aspirations if and when he does leave?
Moan, moan, moan indeed just realistic observations that the faithful were discussing at the weekend, som please try living in the real world my friend rather than the fantasy one, because your comments (especially from one that I guarantee didn't go Saturday) are bordering on the pathetic and is why I never use our forum anymore, because diversity from the company line is always slapped down by people like you who can see no wrong whatever happens.

Lastly I said we deserved to win and it was a great day out....but no doubt, you will view that as another moan, deary, deary me, please try reading things properly, or more advisably just don't bother at all, then we can't fall out

WokingTillIDiet

Reaction score
Supports
Woking
DSY also played against Barrow, Braintree and Boreham Wood.

Oh dear oh dear. As I'm sure you know, DSY came on as a sub for the final few minutes of those three games, having been left out in favour of Lionel Tubbsi.

Three goals in eight games then. Good return at this level, especially for someone coming back from injury. You'd have to be a bit of a wanker to shout abuse and the old "you couldn't score in a brothel" chant (must admit that's the first time I've ever heard a crowd direct it at one of their own team rather than an opposition player) at someone with a record like that.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Yeah I've seen it mate. Hopefully the fact that yesterday passed with no trouble will be another nail in the bubbles coffin, I really can't see how the police can continue to justify it past this season.
Just read on Deva Chat that some of our teenage mutant morons smashed a toilet up. That's the bubble for another 10 years then.

localhero

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Just read on Deva Chat that some of our teenage mutant morons smashed a toilet up. That's the bubble for another 10 years then.

In the grand scheme of things a broken toilet is pretty irrelevant, not sure it'd warrant any game being made a bubble match. As much as I hate this division, games like yesterday are a silver lining (despite the result), it was hard not to feel envious of those celebrations in the away end with two minutes to go. Not sure I agree with the sentiment of us being a dirty side though, games against Chester where both teams fans are extra hyped up is bound to translation to an extra bit of bite on the pitch and there were a few dodgy tackles flying in from either side.

localhero

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Also, RIP to the Chester fan who died after the game.

CFC2010

Reaction score
Supports
Chester
I didn't think you were average at all, I thought you were very good. It's not often a team takes points from us with me thinking, "Fair play, they deserved that". Yes, we were depleted, and yes, we were down to 10 men for half an hour (harshly, I still think), but we can have no excuses. Chester were a very handy side.

I left frustrated, but it was because of the referee and our own inadequacies.

You can't be that frustrated when he let your second goal stand, a clear handball and our keeper being held down in the lead up to it.

Forza Imps

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln
My first home game of the season on Saturday and I picked a good one.

Thought we were very good in the first half but losing Arnold and Anderson in the second blunted us somewhat. Lots of backing off in the defense which allowed Aldershot space and goals. Aldershot's number 11 was really impressive, some very good moves from him - knew exactly where the pass was and it hurt us.

As for the controversy at the end, thought it was justice somewhat because Aldershot had been going down for injuries from the last 20 minutes or so. We're not going to kick the ball out if we think that we're being played.

As for FGR, will be delighted with anything from them next week but they've probably got the title sewn up now, we need to be focusing on the playoffs and finishing second.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!