19 September 2020 fixtures

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I like to think I'm balanced others may disagree.
I get what people are saying about arrogance and as I said it comes back to spank you on the arse. We have reason for optimism not arrogance. Nothing is won or lost after 2 bloody games.
Remember pissing myself at Sheff United about 4 years ago think they lost their first 3 under Wilder and were bottom of the table.

Masi
No we'll never be a Bolton or a Stoke , Vale and Bolton has gone off for 40 years back to the 70's . All the knuckle draggers turn up and it's a guaranteed ruck. Not sure about the 10 onto 2 analogy when a lad I know had his cheek ripped open by a Bolton lad with a blade in 1988 .

Back to proper things, we have been given an opportunity with 4 of the first 6 at home to get a good start. Winning away at Exeter is a bonus , maybe years of a lunatic owner nd the strange events that went on under him have sent us giddy now that we appear to be a stable club at last but nobody will piss this League.
Hey when you talk like this people may and do listen.
I like to think I'm balanced others may disagree.
I get what people are saying about arrogance and as I said it comes back to spank you on the arse. We have reason for optimism not arrogance. Nothing is won or lost after 2 bloody games.
Remember pissing myself at Sheff United about 4 years ago think they lost their first 3 under Wilder and were bottom of the table.

Masi
No we'll never be a Bolton or a Stoke , Vale and Bolton has gone off for 40 years back to the 70's . All the knuckle draggers turn up and it's a guaranteed ruck. Not sure about the 10 onto 2 analogy when a lad I know had his cheek ripped open by a Bolton lad with a blade in 1988 .

Back to proper things, we have been given an opportunity with 4 of the first 6 at home to get a good start. Winning away at Exeter is a bonus , maybe years of a lunatic owner and the strange events that went on under him have sent us giddy now that we appear to be a stable club at last but nobody will piss this League.
Hey when you put your view across like this people do listen.
I know i can be a wum at times but its light hearted mainly....I just dont get the Port Vale vitriol
Its from every Port vale poster that comes here. Not directed at any one,but everyone.
For what its worth i think you will have a good season

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
We were ok, not bad, not great. The game started scrappy, typical of 2 teams with rock bottom confidence. The first goal settled us down and it was pretty comfortable after that. Furman made a difference for us, made our midfield that bit more competitive, the front 3 all worked hard.

Still a long way off being a decent team though and seriously lacking in certain areas, but it’s a welcome 3 points and takes off some pressure until our next defeat.

How has Walker looked in his cameos? think he can break into the first eleven?

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Are Tranmere going to be this season's Mansfield? A team that make all the right noises in the summer, some eyecatching signings and fancied to go up, and then totally fail to gel under a rookie manager and spend the season bumming around the bottom third.

There is of course still plenty to suggest that Mansfield could be this season's Mansfield.

Let’s hear it mate!

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Why do Port Vale have so many arrogant fans? I know not all on here are so I’m not tarring you all with that brush. But there’s some that are insufferable, after 2 games, or even 1 game last week. Waving their cocks around and mocking others who’d had a less fortunate start to the season. Dread to think what it will be like if we get to 10 or 20 games in and that are still top 3.

I touched on this before a ball was even kicked to be fair.

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Are Tranmere going to be this season's Mansfield? A team that make all the right noises in the summer, some eyecatching signings and fancied to go up, and then totally fail to gel under a rookie manager and spend the season bumming around the bottom third.

There is of course still plenty to suggest that Mansfield could be this season's Mansfield.

Of course this is possible.
Michael Jackson deserves his chance to manage, could of done with an experienced No2 beside him though. Anybody got Ronnie Moore’s telephone number ?

The Jovial Forester

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
The ship is obviously a joke, and isn't it some sort of comms vessel with that big tower? Thought you'd want bigger guns for pissing the leagues.

loz

Reaction score
Supports
Citeh
I like to think of myself as a fair Vale fan, I wouldn’t mock any other club apart from Stoke or Crewe but that’s just a bit of rivalry banter. Unfortunately I agree with you, we do have a proportion of fans like that but I guess we all do to some extent. I have total respect for anyone who supports a club in lower league football, you care about your club in ways premier league supporters couldn’t even imagine. I hope we don’t start getting too many people being like that because the last thing we want is every teams fan base returning to grounds thinking of us like they do with Bolton and Salford and really wanting to stick one over us. It can make away games that little bit more difficult
Vale fans are no different to any other or any group of us as beings for that matter. We are all different and in a large group, you will always find a mixture of every quality. Don't mind someone saying what they are going to do as long as they do it.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
How has Walker looked in his cameos? think he can break into the first eleven?
Clear the lad has talent, loves a step over. Often did one too many instead of playing the pass that’s on, but perhaps just trying to make an impression and be noticed. I think he will end up starting as our forwards seem to pick up injuries frequently.

Reactions: SF_

darren gregory

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
Imagine if SERNWA and Viking were still here , be carnage on here

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Oh boohoo, there were dismissive comments on Vale's forum of Mansfield during the Maynard saga. Grow up son. Grudges eat away at you the same way Carver eats paint chippings.

Exactly, I was right!

the dismissive comments were only down to pure ignorance to be fair, you expect that.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers

The way we looked yesterday, I'd almost settle for being last season's Mansfield!
Look what happened last time Tranmere came down from league 1....

Could lightening strike twice? 2 promotions followed by 2 relegations on the cards?
Not beyond the bounds of possibility, the two straws I'm clutching atm are that it's early days and financially we're in a strong enough position to survive this season playing behind closed doors or with drastically reduced crowds, which may not be true for all L2 teams.

RLC and Back in the DHSS make valid points about our current situation. Here's my take on it;

The manager Mike Jackson was deputy under Micky Mellon, has worked with half the squad previously, but aside from a short spell where he failed to save a struggling Shrewsbury from relegation has no managerial experience. At one point Andy Parkinson, the youth team coach was in the frame, whether he applied isn't known. It seems the chairman felt that Jacko would be capable enough, allowing savings on recruiting a new boss to be diverted into the playing budget. Alarms are already ringing, with Jackson failing to heed the pre-season lesson that Vaughan is not best deployed as a lone striker, while his inability to make tactical adjustments and the delay in introducing further subs were highlighted in the Cheltenham game. His post-match interview didn't seem to acknowledge any errors on his part, but he needs to learn and adapt quickly to survive in the Rovers hot-seat.

Players Of the two big-name signings Vaughan has the ability to do well, if deployed in the right way. Spearing looks totally unfit and should not be selected for the first team until he can get back into shape. That will leave us short in central midfield. Feeney on loan from Blackpool looks decent and the two loanee full-backs seem ok, as does reserve keeper Joe Murphy, but the other permanent new signings who've played Khan and Lewis have failed to get going yet.

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
The way we looked yesterday, I'd almost settle for being last season's Mansfield!

Not beyond the bounds of possibility, the two straws I'm clutching atm are that it's early days and financially we're in a strong enough position to survive this season playing behind closed doors or with drastically reduced crowds, which may not be true for all L2 teams.

RLC and Back in the DHSS make valid points about our current situation. Here's my take on it;

The manager Mike Jackson was deputy under Micky Mellon, has worked with half the squad previously, but aside from a short spell where he failed to save a struggling Shrewsbury from relegation has no managerial experience. At one point Andy Parkinson, the youth team coach was in the frame, whether he applied isn't known. It seems the chairman felt that Jacko would be capable enough, allowing savings on recruiting a new boss to be diverted into the playing budget. Alarms are already ringing, with Jackson failing to heed the pre-season lesson that Vaughan is not best deployed as a lone striker, while his inability to make tactical adjustments and the delay in introducing further subs were highlighted in the Cheltenham game. His post-match interview didn't seem to acknowledge any errors on his part, but he needs to learn and adapt quickly to survive in the Rovers hot-seat.

Players Of the two big-name signings Vaughan has the ability to do well, if deployed in the right way. Spearing looks totally unfit and should not be selected for the first team until he can get back into shape. That will leave us short in central midfield. Feeney on loan from Blackpool looks decent and the two loanee full-backs seem ok, as does reserve keeper Joe Murphy, but the other permanent new signings who've played Khan and Lewis have failed to get going yet.

I’m sure Otis Khan has played for us before, think he was called Adam Mekki back then lol.

Reactions: Boz

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
I am fairly objective.

I just think we've objectively got the greatest league two squad ever assembled with the greatest football kits ever designed and we're all much harder than any of you.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
A few things.

So this is what the infamous Carver is like. I now see why he's so often and so consistently called an idiot on here.

Gregory is making the cardinal mistake of equating one virgin on a football forum with the rest of the club. I think Tyler had had a few sherberts as that exchange the other day was very odd. His thoughts are not representative of the fan base. I for example am very, very, very, very, very, very sound. So think on.

Masi is nailed on to live and die alone. 100+ posts a week wanking his little crayon over the Bolton bottlers won't change the rules of nature.

Phillips wasn't being serious lads. Calm down.

I was just going about my business checking up on here and I see a load of cocky shite posts made by Port Vale fans.

PORT VALE of all clubs!

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Most amused by Mansfield’s tactics of taking the ball into the corner flag with 10 minutes to go. Pathetic stuff.

Still, it was a truly dreadful second half display from Orient and we probably deserved to lose. Controlled the first half without creating much, but went to pieces after the break. Both goals were absolute defensive horror shows and should have gifted a dismal hoof-and-win-the-second-ball Mansfield side three points. Bloody lovely equaliser in stoppage time, mind.

Tough run of fixtures coming up (trips to Walsall, Barrow & Tranmere, plus Cheltenham and Exeter in E10), so I’m pleased with our unbeaten start. Only playing Bolton out of the relegation candidates.

I’m all for hearing other fans opinion, but Christ that’s incredibly harsh for me, and anybody else I’ve spoken too Orient or Mansfield didn’t go anything near that. Each to their own and that, but I’ve not watched this side and thought ‘hoof’ - I’ll give you that the last 10 minutes were dismal, hence the fact you lot got a point, but ‘decent’ (just about) sums up our overall performance in the two games so far, nothing more.

We are quite clearly much fitter and organised, and I think we will only be getting better, still problems to address clearly, I think GC has the line-up nearly right (Maynard to start pls) I think the comment from another Orient fan in this thread was bang on calling us a team in ‘transition’

We’ve got to give Orient credit for these late minute goals too without a doubt, btw Tranmere don’t look so tough right now!

Last edited:

Dan Phillips

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Believe you me I'm not in that category.
Optimistic yes but certainly not getting carried away here.
We have looked decent since the New year , horror show at Morecambe and our annual knobbing at Swindon but other than that we have been in very good form and more importantly the team is basically the same apart from one or two
Definitely optimistic but you can put that daft ship in the docks because stuff like that tends to bite you on the arse
Why do Port Vale have so many arrogant fans? I know not all on here are so I’m not tarring you all with that brush. But there’s some that are insufferable, after 2 games, or even 1 game last week. Waving their cocks around and mocking others who’d had a less fortunate start to the season. Dread to think what it will be like if we get to 10 or 20 games in and that are still top 3.
A few things.

So this is what the infamous Carver is like. I now see why he's so often and so consistently called an idiot on here.

Gregory is making the cardinal mistake of equating one virgin on a football forum with the rest of the club. I think Tyler had had a few sherberts as that exchange the other day was very odd. His thoughts are not representative of the fan base. I for example am very, very, very, very, very, very sound. So think on.

Masi is nailed on to live and die alone. 100+ posts a week wanking his little crayon over the Bolton bottlers won't change the rules of nature.

Think Phillips was joking to be honest. We’ve had enough failure to know nothing is guaranteed and can quickly turn sour. Excited yes but nothing is easy and a lot of work and good sides at this level.

Not noticed any arrogance particularly. We are usually known for being negative!

Jesus fucking wept. Mardarses all over the shop. Arrogance hahahaha? Oh dear. So when we were struggling at the bottom being an absolute abomination of a club, it's absolutely fine and dandy for everyone to take the piss, pretend to love Smurf and sarcastically claim he's doing a good job etc.. yet now the club has got rid of the poison, and transformed itself magnificently, we're not allowed to be positive? Get a grip. Absolutely embarrassing notion.

The picture is a light-hearted bit of fun that was said in jest on OVF. It's not entirely serious as let's be honest, nobody pisses this league anymore. However, I'm entirely serious when I say we're going up because I believe we are. It's not just two games, is it?

We've lost 4 in our last 28 league games. Currently unbeaten since January. Kept every single player we offered a new deal to, shipped out the fringe players and have recruited excellently this window. We've still got 3 key players to return from injury and suspension in Amoo, Gibbons and Pope. We've got the best goalkeeper in the league, one of the best CB pairings in the league, the best midfielder in the league and the best winger in the league. Complimented by hard working and solid 7 out of 10s every week players. Not to mention, the League Two equivalent of Usain Bolt in the side.

Forgive me for being CONFIDENT. Arrogance my hairy arse. I'm probably the most level headed Vale fan going. I've done nothing but argue with our supporters for the shite they either post on social media or spout at actual games. I speak my mind. Every refereeing decision that goes against us is wrong in the stands. I'm constantly arguing with people around me correcting them that it was absolutely the right decision. If we concede.. Player X is fucking shit, get him off.. whereas, I'll credit the player for either an excellent pass, bit of skill or finish. Certainly don't possess arrogance and this is the only time I've been completely and utterly confident of success that I can remember. Wasn't even confident when we went up as we were in admin and had no registered players or even a kit to play in.

I'll let the resident 'like' whores crack on though, posting their daft comments knowing their little merry band of followers will keep their like count ticking over. Bit sad really. The Carlisle **** can do one as well. Weird child.

The Jovial Forester

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Vale's third kit is obviously a tribute to our luminous green as well, so clearly a club going in the right direction. It'll be quorn pies if they get promoted.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
A few things.

off you go again ....Said it before will say it again.....your all mouth typical vale spout off behind a keyboard
Your a first class prick

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Here he is, my favourite little malignant Polyp.

There's no need to get upset. You're up by Christmas remember? Or at least that's what you've been spouting off about behind a keyboard at a rate of 100+ shitposts a week.
its a football forum i may have spouted shite about my team but it never got personal....unlike your attacks on people.
No problem if you want to carry on ...your a keyboard warrior who nobody on here gives a toss about

Randolph Haggerty

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
It just doesn’t feel real.
Until I can go, the season hasn’t started.
Going the football, having a few beers and taking the piss is a thing.
Sitting at home with the Mrs and kids whilst listening is not a thing.
Apparently we’ve done well, so what?
Would you be happy going up if you never went a game?
To me, football, is greater than the sum of its parts, the game itself I can take or leave...the moments of joy and and utter, utter despair , the sense of belonging to something bigger, that unites and divides in equal measure.
The freedom to shout and sing and drink at 1pm, this is what makes it for me.
Bollocks to watching it on the iPad in an empty stadium.

Reactions: loz

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
That's not strictly true though is it? You're a wind up twat who immediately chucks his dummy when people don't humour your shit posts.

I can't quite work out if you're a silly little boy or a tremendously sad pensioner.
You have no need to work me out..carry on with your boring life and jog on
I have no issues with anyone on here bar you.

Stringy

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
I don't believe anyone on an internet forum who says they are 'level-headed' or 'objective'. Better to chat shit and be aware than to have no idea that you're talking bollocks.

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
Bolton fans was happening with Sarcevic, out for a month? is this an injury or something else going on?

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
In the corner of a warden controlled flat in the depths of Bolton a bus stop in Horwich, keys fly off to land amongst the piss bottles and empty kebab boxes as a keyboard is furiously hammered.
dear,dear you need help.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leeds Content

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!