1st- 2nd April Match Thread

Semi-skimmed Silk

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield Town
After several weeks of giving away free points to relegation contenders we've now decided to start beating teams fighting for the playoffs. Season defined by inconsistency.

Game today felt at times like two teams with nothing to play for on the last day of the season which was surprising, guessing Braintree are starting to tire. Shouldve scored more, 5 wouldn't have flattered us. Styche's commitment/effort has been top notch (my motm today).

Swedes

Reaction score
Supports
Southport
Nevermind

We did our best to gift you some goals, it was very nice of you to return the favour!

Brace yourselves for something quite unbelievable; the referee we had today seemed pretty decent, tried to let the game flow and didn't make any controversial decisions. His name? Richard Wigglesworth. Yes, him.

Shotsfan1993

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Twitter
@SamOS1993
won 1-0... Aldershot had one effort on goal according to the radio. no wonder their fans aren't happy.
Cook scored. Tomlinson hit the post and Williams had one disallowed for Barrow

There was ONE shot on target in the whole game - your goal. Our only shot of note was Gallagher heading over from about 4 yards early in the 2nd half.

The attitude from a number of players today suggested they have given up for the season now we have 50 points.

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Simply can't defend a one goal lead, you can always see it coming. Three times this past week we've gone one up and not won.

Boreham Wood offered next to nothing and were poor, but right now against us that's still good enough for something.

yellow

Reaction score
Supports
Torquay
Bloody big game Tuesday now!!

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
This could be 10 years without a top half finish (last time being 7th(?) in L2 in 06/07 under Schofield/Deehan).

I think he'll walk after seeing out the final handful of games. Not won away since November at Torquay, don't do clean sheets, 4 wins in the last 22, too many kids in the squad to justify the youth system etc.

Problem being, if it's left to the Board, they'll keep him for some reason. Simpson got sacked for far less.

ShrewdBlue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
What an utter bollocks set of results.

Chester, I hope you've knackered Boreham Wood out for us.

You won't need them to be knackered, they are dreadful. A reasonably organised defence but literally nothing else - poor keeper, poor midfield and poor attack.

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
For crying out loud Chester, you really want the Conference North don't you. That's a great result for us. I think we're set fair now, 4 home 3 away left. Lose the 3 away and one at home and we're out of here. :ds:

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
For crying out loud Chester, you really want the Conference North don't you. That's a great result for us. I think we're set fair now, 4 home 3 away left. Lose the 3 away and one at home and we're out of here. :ds:

One of those away is us remember you've got a decent chance of a win there and that could throw a spanner in the works.

yellow

Reaction score
Supports
Torquay
Oh yeh, full credit to Kiddy for topping the day off with that last minute equaliser :bow:

CrazyImp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Twitter
@Sam_LCFC_90
No, that's it for me. Moyses has lost any trust for the right to preside over an enhanced budget next time. Heartless, heartless performance. He's not even a likeable person either, everyone's mind is pretty much made up on him.

Congratulations to Cheltenham on their immediate FL return.

Tom Fgr

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers

Looking forward to hopefully relegating you in a few weeks :)

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Thoroughly deserved the win that's for sure, and have to say really disappointed with Grimsby, they didn't exactly exude belief did they, and with some very hard fixtures coming up, with goals drying up am even more convinced they won't finish third.
Out of curiosity whilst am sure there are precedents, how often, I assume it's rarely for obvious reasons, have players in the conference retrospectively been given a red and subsequent three game ban. If Wright's s stupid and petulant stamp on the keepers arse had happened in the premiership, championship or for that matter any televised match he would surely be sitting out the next three games, but in this league?
I can see why the referee missed it to be fair, but as others had said some of his other decisions beggared belief at times.

Real pressure on FGR today now as surely a draw will simply not be good enough?

I remember a couple of seasons back Alfreton striker Paul Clayton was given a retrospective ban for an elbow in the back of a Halifax defender when our game at the Shay was broadcast on BT Sport.

veggieeater

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
Terrible result for us today, and weve scored no goals in the last 3 games at home. :crazy:

Ref was so poor, I really felt sorry for Jennings being sent off, ruined the day when both Jennings brothers led their teams out. One thing that puzzled me why wasnt advantage played then come back for the second yellow- heard someone say that couldnt happen, but surely the advantage can be played then the second bookable, booking or straight red can happen (If you are that much of a twit as a ref of course :sad:)

Southern Shayman

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax Town
A game really low on quality today at the Crabble, but we should have got something out of that game. Hit the bar, striker kicks air about 3 yards out. Dover must be a much better side normally, because they were defensively organised but were poor in midfield (bar a 20 min spell from Deverdics), and didn't have a lot up front - Payne just strutted about and Bencherif had Miller in his pocket.

As for Chris Kinnear Jnr what a truly awful awful player. I've never someone epitomise the gets on the pitch because your Dad's the gaffer more - Blair Sturrock levels of bad.

He also, for me, summed up the kind of side Dover are by, on numerous occasions, screaming at an about 8 yr old ball boy for running after the ball "too fast" when they were desperately wasting time for 60 minutes of the game. Really poor stuff.

Ah well, in deep trouble now and have a mammoth week ahead of us.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
On Radio Gloucester the pundit was saying that if the referee intended to card Jennings he couldn't play advantage. Something along those lines anyway.

I only listened to.it at home but it sounded like the referee gave a really disjointed performance. Being too lenient early on and too card happy later. From the sound of it no complaints over the Hudson red at least though.

Sparrow

Reaction score
Supports
Woking FC
Disappointing to draw after being 2-0 up but some positives to be taken judging by GH's interview. Obviously Alex Smith, one of our better players in the first half, came off injured at half-time. I'm expecting us to have the most unbelievable luck next season.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
There's a numpty with an IQ of 168 on Deva Chat called Chaz and he's been very vocal for the past 3 or 4 months in saying that there is no chance that we will go down. He insults everyone that dares to say we are in a relegation fight. He's yet to appear after today's 3rd failure in a week to defend a lead. I think we will drop into the bottom 4 after we fail to beat Welling (h) in a fortnight and will probably have to win against Gateshead (h) on final day. We've 2 chances:- little and none.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Corby 2-3 Alfreton (Bown 7, McKenzie 36, Heaton 2,29 Leesley 89) (Alfreton in Bold)

Unque game today. Never seen 4 goals all from headers from corners in the same game before!

Niall Heaton got the ball rolling when he powered home a Thanoj free kick just 3 minutes in. Corby were soon level just 4 minutes later. Former Red Anton Brown credited with the goal despite a clear foul on Matt Duke.

We went back in front through another Heaton header before tied the game at 2-2 thanks to Mackenzie precise header. Both defences where poor and yet again without Duke we would have been defeated. He denied Mills in the first half before two excellent saves one on one with McDonald late in the second half.

We were much better going forward today though. Meikle and Thanoj saw efforts spectacularly cleared off the line before Joe Leesley popped up with the winner when he latched on to Sam Smiths flick on and poked the ball past the onrushing keeper.

Disappointed with the way we defended today. But a win is a win and despite that being our first win in seven, we have only tasted defeat 2 in the last 20. Still unbeaten away from home in 2016 too!

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
There's a numpty with an IQ of 168 on Deva Chat called Chaz and he's been very vocal for the past 3 or 4 months in saying that there is no chance that we will go down. He insults everyone that dares to say we are in a relegation fight. He's yet to appear after today's 3rd failure in a week to defend a lead. I think we will drop into the bottom 4 after we fail to beat Welling (h) in a fortnight and will probably have to win against Gateshead (h) on final day. We've 2 chances:- little and none.
When you think though, this is a typical post-match thread on Deva Chat:

Chaz: Poor, we have been all season really but we'll stay up, we've been in roughly the same position all season.
Rest of Deva Chat: Outraged that somebody thinks we might stay up and that relegation isn't exactly 'inevitable', all call him an idiot.
Chaz: Well if you're all going to call me an idiot I'll just call all of you lot idiots as well.
Rest of Deva Chat: Cry because Chaz called them an idiot.

It's brilliant, the Chaz obsession has kept me going this season to be honest.

Reaction score
Supports
Chester
When you think though, this is a typical post-match thread on Deva Chat:

Chaz: Poor, we have been all season really but we'll stay up, we've been in roughly the same position all season.
Rest of Deva Chat: Outraged that somebody thinks we might stay up and that relegation isn't exactly 'inevitable', all call him an idiot.
Chaz: Well if you're all going to call me an idiot I'll just call all of you lot idiots as well.
Rest of Deva Chat: Cry because Chaz called them an idiot.

It's brilliant, the Chaz obsession has kept me going this season to be honest.

It is all quite one-sided. Fine to say that we are going down one week into the season and that Burr should hang his head in shame because he is clueless (and many worse things), but dare to put an alternative view and they gang up on you. He plays them and they can't see it. :10:

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Worst performance I've seen all season, completely devoid of passion and effort. Tranmere the bottlers turning up right on cue as they do every season!
This.
On a day when we needed the players to lift the fans, who were subdued and emotional after the Johnny King tribute,they were sadly lacking. Little hope of play-offs, none at all if we play like that again.

slaphead

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
won 1-0... Aldershot had one effort on goal according to the radio. no wonder their fans aren't happy.
Cook scored. Tomlinson hit the post and Williams had one disallowed for Barrow

Not happy is an understatement. The apathy that the players (Gallagher excepted) showed today is bordering on shameful. Granted it was a nothing game against two teams going nowhere, but we still have games left against teams in the relegation fight and it's only proper we show a little bit effort in all of those. Today they were on the beach and those who paid £17 to watch it were shorted changed by £16.99. I can see less than 1000 home fans for the visit of Grimsby Tuesday night, which is going to be disastrous for the club, and all the time that Barry Smith continues with his anti-football tactics, we are driving people away.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Not happy is an understatement. The apathy that the players (Gallagher excepted) showed today is bordering on shameful. Granted it was a nothing game against two teams going nowhere, but we still have games left against teams in the relegation fight and it's only proper we show a little bit effort in all of those. Today they were on the beach and those who paid £17 to watch it were shorted changed by £16.99. I can see less than 1000 home fans for the visit of Grimsby Tuesday night, which is going to be disastrous for the club, and all the time that Barry Smith continues with his anti-football tactics, we are driving people away.

The worst part about it is that in the game at Barrow that you won 3-1 you were just about the best visiting team we have played.

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
It is all quite one-sided. Fine to say that we are going down one week into the season and that Burr should hang his head in shame because he is clueless (and many worse things), but dare to put an alternative view and they gang up on you. He plays them and they can't see it. :10:
I like the bloke, I share the same views as him generally. He just thinks we'll stay up and that's it but everyone is completely outraged by it for some reason so he's just started to play along mocking them.

Shotsfan1993

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Twitter
@SamOS1993
Not happy is an understatement. The apathy that the players (Gallagher excepted) showed today is bordering on shameful.

I think that's a little harsh on Lafayette who I thought put a shift in with little or no support. One example was in injury time he won a really good header and flicked it into their area - at the time both Pavey and Walker were on the pitch - neither one made any effort to make a run behind Lafayette in case he won the flick on.

Other than those two and possibly Alexander who was ok too the rest of the team were on the beach as you say. If Smith didn't tear into the team in the dressing room then he is as bad as them.

As for Smith - his two main targets before the season were to improve our league position/results and play entertaining, attractive football. He has marginally improved our league position, but has done that by grinding out results against the bottom half teams in the first 2/3 of the season. He has failed at the entertaining/attractive football especially at home (although away from home we have put in a few attacking performances). If the board have a release clause at the end of the season as part of his rolling contract they surely have to be considering using it.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
I think that's a little harsh on Lafayette who I thought put a shift in with little or no support. One example was in injury time he won a really good header and flicked it into their area - at the time both Pavey and Walker were on the pitch - neither one made any effort to make a run behind Lafayette in case he won the flick on.

Other than those two and possibly Alexander who was ok too the rest of the team were on the beach as you say. If Smith didn't tear into the team in the dressing room then he is as bad as them.

As for Smith - his two main targets before the season were to improve our league position/results and play entertaining, attractive football. He has marginally improved our league position, but has done that by grinding out results against the bottom half teams in the first 2/3 of the season. He has failed at the entertaining/attractive football especially at home (although away from home we have put in a few attacking performances). If the board have a release clause at the end of the season as part of his rolling contract they surely have to be considering using it.

Apart from Nick Wilmer Anderton who was with you in the match at Barrow and is now with us. has the team changed much since the first game?

Shotsfan1993

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Twitter
@SamOS1993
Apart from Nick Wilmer Anderton who was with you in the match at Barrow and is now with us. has the team changed much since the first game?

Had to look at who started that day (I was there but it was so long ago) and only 5 players started today that started the reverse fixture (Beckles, Alexander, Hatton, Gallagher and Stevenson)

slaphead

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town

Not really, McGinty, who Anderton was loaned in to cover has come back, is supposed to be our captain but has been woeful. The one we really miss is Damon Lathrope, we miss his ability to pass to another red shirt and his general knowledge in how to play the game. Dan Walker who was instrumental in providing energy early in the season seems to be out of favour, though he was missing with a virus today. Other than that, nothing much has changed. We are consistently inconsistent, awful against Chester and Alty, decent against FGR and Braintree and useless again today. It therefore follows we are due to be shite against Grimsby but will tear Halifax a new one. It's the Aldershot way, and fucking infuriating.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Not really, McGinty, who Anderton was loaned in to cover has come back, is supposed to be our captain but has been woeful. The one we really miss is Damon Lathrope, we miss his ability to pass to another red shirt and his general knowledge in how to play the game. Dan Walker who was instrumental in providing energy early in the season seems to be out of favour, though he was missing with a virus today. Other than that, nothing much has changed. We are consistently inconsistent, awful against Chester and Alty, decent against FGR and Braintree and useless again today. It therefore follows we are due to be shite against Grimsby but will tear Halifax a new one. It's the Aldershot way, and fucking infuriating.

that's how we were before Cox arrived - we have won the last 3 games - but this is the first time we have won more than one game on the bounce all season

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben192
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!