1st Matches of 2021-22 Season: 7th August 2021

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Whereas i’d hardly call is shocking, it’s sadly par the course these days, like you’re telling me rovers haven’t done anything like that in the last 12 months.

For me, all players are aware of what’s going on and will be warned of it themselves before the games, if you fall for it now it’s almost like you deserve it.

They’ll be a soft red mansfield get somewhere down the line that will be as soft as much as you’ll get a soft red out of an opposition player.

Sadly not how it should be, but that’s how it is
I’m really sorry, but I’m not sure I understand half of your post?

Had a glass of wine with dinner, just not sure if it’s my glass or yours causing the problem :hypo:

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
And how does that relate to his antics on the sideline on Saturday? Can you stop avoiding the question?

I have to say, you’re coming across a bit obsessed with him.
I have no idea what he did on saturday but its not an obsession to dislike a person who is clearly a piece of shit. Its called decency.

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
Really? League Cup winners plus 2 x Semi Finals, ANglo-Italian Cup winners, PL - albeit 1 season. Continued presence in the FL. 6 Wembley visits with 3 victories.

Hoddle, Ardiles, di Canio. Sure, there have been shit times but never continued mediocrity.

We did miss out in the Watney Cup, though!
And still the only thing your famous for is that bloody roundabout.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I have no idea what he did on saturday but its not an obsession to dislike a person who is clearly a piece of shit. Its called decency.
Sure, but when I asked Adam what was so disgusting, you replied “More than 90% of EFL managers haven't been to prison for assault or jabbed a cigar in a kids eye or have 2(two) assault charges hanging over them. He is a bad human from bad stock.”.

So again, what does that have to do with his so called antics which you’ve now admitted you have no idea about, on Saturday?

It’s an obsession if it’s all you can talk about. Hell, you even started going as far as to say the people of that region are genetically inferior. Whether you like Barton or not, that’s classist - to be polite.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Sure, but when I asked Adam what was so disgusting, you replied “More than 90% of EFL managers haven't been to prison for assault or jabbed a cigar in a kids eye or have 2(two) assault charges hanging over them. He is a bad human from bad stock.”.

So again, what does that have to do with his so called antics which you’ve now admitted you have no idea about, on Saturday?

It’s an obsession if it’s all you can talk about. Hell, you even started going as far as to say the people of that region are genetically inferior. Whether you like Barton or not, that’s classist - to be polite.
Let’s be honest here though, if Barton was not your manager you would agree with the majority of others that he is vile piece of shit of a human being.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
What used to wind me up when I lived abroad for a few year was when the Slovaks would ask me who I support.. I’d reply that they wouldn’t know them, but they pushed as they thought they were England football experts, expecting me to say Everton or something. When I told them, they’d then ask, “ok, but who’s your premier league team?”. They genuinely couldn’t grasp the concept that I didn’t have a premier league team to support

I've done a couple of stints in the Middle East and its largely like that here but I was once on a night out in Cairo smoking some hookahs and drinking questionable local wine when got chatting with a group of locals. Told them I was a Pools fan and one of them said he remembered us in L1. That was a shocking moment.

Must take my hat off to the Saudis here mind, when you ask them who they support they always say their local side. None of them actually attend games though, there's only one club who get about 25k every week, the rest of the grounds are empty.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
You a Chippenham boy Dan?
Corsham - but went to school in Chippenham and spent most of my youth there. I did live in Chippenham for a while, just up the road from The Pheasant

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers

I said his family are genetically inclined towards criminal behaviour. Read about them, but in a way that makes it easier for you to understand. That is two people who you have now interpreted their posts in a way that suits your view of things. "Ask the people from the area he comes from'" is in no way a comment on those people, it is a question about local opinion of his relatives.
If you want to be an advocate for somebody with a poor record as the manager of your club and a poor record as a law abiding decent member of society thats your business but at least try to appear capable of understanding the other views.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
I said his family are genetically inclined towards criminal behaviour. Read about them, but in a way that makes it easier for you to understand. That is two people who you have now interpreted their posts in a way that suits your view of things. "Ask the people from the area he comes from'" is in no way a comment on those people, it is a question about local opinion of his relatives.
If you want to be an advocate for somebody with a poor record as the manager of your club and a poor record as a law abiding decent member of society thats your business but at least try to appear capable of understanding the other views.

Personally i’d have wanted him suspended when the latest allegation was lodged against him, i’d have been embarrassed to have had him as manager in the first place in fairness.

as said previously how can barton justify disciplining a player given his record, the lad is nuts. After we’d sadly employed steve evans with all his antics it was quite satisfying watching the measure of calm in nigel clough whole little joey threw his dolly out the pram - you lead and set standards from the top.

Maybe bristol is a place where that sort of behaviour is more commonplace?

Last edited:

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
I reckon it’s time to forget about Barton the person. I know fans like to have a stick to beat other clubs with but, at this time, he’s not been convicted of this or his other pending case. By all means berate him as a manager if/when he falls short but I think it’s something for Bristol Rovers fans to deal with.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Personally i’d have wanted him suspended when the latest allegation was lodged against him, i’d have been embarrassed to have had him as manager in the first place in fairness.

as said previously how can barton justify disciplining a player given his record, the lad is nuts. After we’d sadly employed steve evans with all his antics it was quite satisfying watching the measure of calm in nigel clough whole little joey threw his dolly out the pram - you lead and set standards from the top.

I am blocking this one. I had enough last season with somebody who is incapable of understanding other opinions and turns everything around to suit their viewpoint. The simple fact is that his club employed a man who has been convicted and jailed for assault and has two charges hanging over him. He has previous for acting like an idiot on the touchline and his record as their manager without the money he had at Fleetwood is hardly sparkling. If that is good enough for him thats fine but trying to turn every single post to what suits him is not the kind of thing i want to waste time on.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
No you didn't. You said, "Anybody who has the misfortune to live in the area he is from can tell you its genetic.", which was in reply to Adam's comment about a screw loose. That is now your own post that you've got wrong. RE Stringy, not at all - he said a WWE comment, I held him to that. If you don't want to be held against the things you say/do, don't do it. Which is kinda ironic that your obsession with Barton about his record of the things he says and does.

Where have I been an advocate about Barton? I feel like there is a certain lack of understanding on here or not reading people's posts. I have agreed with Adam that he has a screw loose, I agreed with you that he is from bad stock, and I have said that I want him suspended. Please go back and read the posts, you want to talk about understanding other views, yet you can't understand the basics of agreeing and disagreeing.

What I am arguing against is his antics on Saturday and how they were shocking. Adam has not been able to answer than question and you have dodged that question now twice. So please tell me, what does his antics on Saturday have to do with his previous record and in what way were they shocking?

I am blocking this one. I had enough last season with somebody who is incapable of understanding other opinions and turns everything around to suit their viewpoint. The simple fact is that his club employed a man who has been convicted and jailed for assault and has two charges hanging over him. He has previous for acting like an idiot on the touchline and his record as their manager without the money he had at Fleetwood is hardly sparkling. If that is good enough for him thats fine but trying to turn every single post to what suits him is not the kind of thing i want to waste time on.
As I said, obsessed. I'm not turning every post, just trying to get you to justify your words, if you can't do that or feel challenged/offended by it, don't post it?

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Let’s be honest here though, if Barton was not your manager you would agree with the majority of others that he is vile piece of shit of a human being.
I have agreed with it, multiple times. I've also said that he should have been suspended.

Some on here only like to see the message they want to see though, and can't differentiate arguing against a comment about his antics on Saturday with his criminal record.

It's not a complex subject.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Taking the knee is rightly or wrongly linked to BLM, which is the excuse some make for booing it.

This standing together against racism isn’t linked to any left wing politics, seen it done at Prem games and in other countries so no excuse for anyone to boo it.
My point about people thinking taking the knee is too political is that as long as people disagree with an idea then it will be seen as 'political' regardless of the intentions.

BLM does not exist as a political party or any sort of unified faction, there is no official leader, publication, website or manifesto for BLM, it's just a statement of something people believe that has been adopted by a diverse range of organisations. Taking the knee as you know originated in sport and wasn't connected to BLM but the two ideas are similar enough to have been attached.

It's those who oppose the idea of it, those who think black people should quit complaining and just knuckle under, who are closer to being a political faction; at the extreme end anyway where you have far right parties and organisations making their opposition to it explicit. From them, the idea filters through media to the general population, who are worried about 'bringing politics into things'. From the way people talk about it you'd think the crowd were being asked to sing the Red Flag or wear blue rosettes.

And those people I'm sure, if standing together replaces taking the knee will decide that standing together is a political statement, Marxism or something and put around the idea that it's appropriate to boo. For the record I think taking the knee has lost much of its impact, Colin Kaepernick kneeled during the anthem that all Americans were expected to stand for, kneeling is seen as unconventional and more solemn perhaps but not outright disrespectful, though disrespectful enough to many that he paid a heavy price for it. Footballers kneeling for two seconds in a country that doesn't play the national anthem before every game isn't quite as impactful.

There's a whole cottage industry in convincing the public that something that should just be basic human rights and common decency is a political stance. You see it other things too a trans person who just needs a pee must now make a 'political decision' over which toilet to use. If the building's owners decide to fix this issue by making the toilets unisex then they are the ones accused of 'bringing politics into using the toilet'.

Last edited:

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers

Adam -- I was'nt going to bring this up till I read your post . "Bristol is the place for this type of behaviour" -- When a group of your so called supporters attacked from behind a loan ( Older gent ) after the game and put him in hospital. He is now having an operation for a broken jaw. Embarrassing or what ?

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Adam -- I was'nt going to bring this up till I read your post . "Bristol is the place for this type of behaviour" -- When a group of your so called supporters attacked from behind a loan ( Older gent ) after the game and put him in hospital. He is now having an operation for a broken jaw. Embarrassing or what ?
Think he may still be thinking back to when you were relegated to the National League and a few Rovers fans invaded the pitch and ran to the Mansfield fans claiming that there were Bristol City fans amongst them.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Think he may still be thinking back to when you were relegated to the National League and a few Rovers fans invaded the pitch and ran to the Mansfield fans claiming that there were Bristol City fans amongst them.

They didn’t cover themselves in glory that’s for sure.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town

No george that’s exactly my point, would a fine city like bristol, or bristol rovers wanted to be associated with the reputation barton brings - i assume not.

As for the morons that did that at full time, small minority or not they want shooting, folk like that aren’t fans, it’s a game of football for gods sake.

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
No george that’s exactly my point, would a fine city like bristol, or bristol rovers wanted to be associated with the reputation barton brings - i assume not.

As for the morons that did that at full time, small minority or not they want shooting, folk like that aren’t fans, it’s a game of football for gods sake.
With regards to your points -- I don't agree with what Barton has done or maybe not done . But I support the club not the manager. I can assure you with regards association it is very firmly split. Brings me on to your second point. Totally agree with you . But this action has not only united our ( lets say rather undesireable element ) But persons otherwise would have no interest in this type of behaviour at all. The result being it could make the return fixture rather nasty. And that is a bloody pity as you say "It is a game of football for Gods sake "

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
All of us lunatics who go to watch live football games below the championship should give people who support top clubs from the comfort of a television at home or in a pub the contempt they deserve. We are all at least 100× a supporter than they will ever be.
Getting cold and wet watching crap football and going back again for the next game makes you a football supporter. Having all the latest kit and sitting in front of a 50 inch HD screen in the warm and dry makes you a viewer.
If you never go to an actual game your opinion doesnt matter.
I'll give a pass to anyone who grew up in the shadow of a Liverpool or a Chelsea, had parents (or given it's now the 21st century) grandparents who remember going to matches and standing on terraces there and have passed that affiliation down through the generations... yet has never been because tickets cost about £70 and you have fork out for membership of the supporters club on top of that to be eligible to join the back of the queue to maybe one day get one... or (as most of my Liverpool supporting friends have on the occasions they've made it inside Anfield) know someone who knows someone whose employer gets corporate tickets but the match clashes with the managing director's monthly golf game and the tickets are going spare),

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
went to Cammel Lairds ground once back in Barrow's NPL days (back when there was no National league North or South and the NPL champs went up to the National League) to watch them play a league match against either Colwyn Bay or Rhyl - who had refused to join the League of Wales and had to play their games in England because the Welsh FA were pissed at them (or something like that).
The ground was a bit spartan and the only thing i remember about the match was that the groundsman's Tractor was parked behind one of the goals and the people in the clubhouse after were very friendly... don't even know if we won or lost - but that's probably because I won the bottle of whisky in the half time draw - and we polished it off on the coach home.
I remember when they knocked down the cranes in the shipyard... mainly because I lived directly across the river from them, could see them from my bedroom window, and one morning I was awoken by an almight bang. I thought for a second that Steve McNulty had dropped his lunch.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
With regards to your points -- I don't agree with what Barton has done or maybe not done . But I support the club not the manager. I can assure you with regards association it is very firmly split. Brings me on to your second point. Totally agree with you . But this action has not only united our ( lets say rather undesireable element ) But persons otherwise would have no interest in this type of behaviour at all. The result being it could make the return fixture rather nasty. And that is a bloody pity as you say "It is a game of football for Gods sake "

Well yeah, and again like what happened there it’ll be a small minority and innocents will get the brunt, for me if you’ve got idiots on one or both sides lock the twits up together and let them all have a fight, for the 99.5pc who aren’t complete knuckle draggers we can be left be.

What i forgot to answer in the first reply is that of course such actions are embarrassing. it should be more like having a drink with one another like i was doing in the railway before the game.

It’s also a problem created by notts police who are absolutely hopeless, they lock the gate but then it all spills out onto the main road where there’s moving traffic - if such an issue hold fans back 5 mins and it’ll have passed. Again that involves common sense

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Walked past two lads on saturday who were hanging about and heard one say "Heres the Walsall fans now, what should we do". They looked like they would struggle to muster a decent fart between them. Hope they received a lesson if they were stupid enough to try anything the little pricks. Feral little toerags.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
BLM does not exist as a political party or any sort of unified faction, there is no official leader, publication, website or manifesto for BLM, it's just a statement of something people believe that has been adopted by a diverse range of organisations.

Co founder Patrisse Khan-Cullors (who’s done pretty well out of it) even describes herself as a ‘trained Marxist’.

I get it’s decentralised and there are many factions etc but this is what people tend to see it as. Some BLM protests were supposedly infiltrated by left wing extremists which gave some an excuse to lump them in together. Stuff about defunding the police didn’t help. Taking the knee has become strongly associated with BLM, not helped by the fact Prem teams literally had it on their shirts to start with when they first took the knee.

So by association a lot of people are connecting those things together, (which they shouldn’t) and coming up with the idea that this is some sort of Marxist thing. Something entirely separate against discrimination can’t be linked in that way and so won’t draw the same reaction, I don’t remember kick it out being booed.

Last edited:

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Leave it to the yanks!

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
so someone has registered the blacklivesmatter.com website, that's incontrovertible evidence.

I could have a website up tomorrow ascribing political motivations to 'itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny-yellow-polka-dot-bikini' doesn't make it true.

The Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation is very much a real organisation. It’s not the only one, but it’s the biggest.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
The Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation is very much a real organisation. It’s not the only one, but it’s the biggest.
I'm not saying it's fake, just that anyone can claim to be the representative of a movement. As you say, it's not the only one. For what it's worth that one doesn't look like a political organisation to me, and it makes no difference to me, the vast majority of the people who have attended protests around the world, or I imagine the footballers who chose to take the knee.

Basically people are arguing that because they view BLM as some radical marxist violent insurgent terrorist organisation who have agents in high places, we should all act as though it is such and stay away from anything* BLM related for fear of supporting these extremists. I don't really care what the readers of the Daily Mail or Fox News viewers say I will act upon my own code of ethics and nobody elses.

*and by 'anything' of course they get to choose what constitutes a BLM symbol and if it comes to their attention they will certainly decide that FGR's alternative statement is also a BLM symbol because in their world they get to assign their own meanings to others actions and nobody else gets a say.

But I could use their own logic and say that anyone who boos while players are kneeling (and of course I know you don't do that, you're just one of the ones who I think is being a bit too cautious about offending the precious little snowflakes) is saying that they believe black lives don't matter... and they don't get to come back and claim that they're just against extremist politics because they set the precedent that anyone can decide what someone else's actions really mean and I'm just following that precedent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!