2016/17 National League North

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
Ah praise indeed.

I know sound obviously doesn’t travel well at that Rugby League ground does it, especially when there are a thousand mutes in a Kop. Proper Club passion eh?

Ta for the easy 3 points and hope the bbq up on the banqueting terrace post-match made up for your various bitter disappointments; how posh tho.
Ha! You're new so I'll forgive you your latest classic Tin Potter error in imagining it's as big a "thrill" for us to have to play clubs like yours as it is for you. Don't worry, you're not the first on here to make a fool of himself in this particular way. We save our passion for the the REAL clubs, who have as much to lose as we do, which this year means Stockport and Darlington. No Tin Potter will ever see The Shay bouncing. You see, playing a club we ought only to have to meet in the County Cup tends to engender feelings of embarrassment and resentment rather than anything approaching excitement. Remember, it's YOUR cup final, not ours. Glad I could help.

Conference North Champions 2017 :bdick:

HG Yellow&Black

Reaction score
Supports
Harrogate Town
Ha! You're new so I'll forgive you your latest classic Tin Potter error in imagining it's as big a "thrill" for us to have to play clubs like yours as it is for you. Don't worry, you're not the first on here to make a fool of himself in this particular way. We save our passion for the the REAL clubs, who have as much to lose as we do, which this year means Stockport and Darlington. No Tin Potter will ever see The Shay bouncing. You see, playing a club we ought only to have to meet in the County Cup tends to engender feelings of embarrassment and resentment rather than anything approaching excitement. Remember, it's YOUR cup final, not ours. Glad I could help.

Unfortunately for you lot, its your league Yorkshire derby. Where once you fanstasised about coming up against City or Town now you have us and BPA. Oh dear.

But just one thing, I thought Proper clubs fans backed there team 100% regardless of who they played. We tend to do that at Wetherby Road - FC United (who we would treat as a far more noteable day out of a number of others - in fact we took more fans to Broadhurst than we did to the Shay) or Brackley, we always back the lads vocally. Shame you lot can only get it up for well........Park Ave?

Anyway before we bore all of the other custodians of this thread I bid you 3 points and thanks.

Benfcht

Reaction score
Supports
Fc Halifax Town

I've never heard so much bollocks in my life. You and a minority of people give us a bad reputation and it's truly embarrassing. I know your a troll but even so you must have nothing better to do as all you do is spout shite on other clubs forums and on this forum.

I'm gonna stick up for Harrogate in a sense that they are not a footballing town so their away following wasn't too bad. Just realise that our club is not getting back to the football league in a long time so just because we have more fans than other teams doesn't give you the damn right to speak down upon on other teams supporters.

I'm definitely pessimistic about our situation atm as we basically have north ferriby's team from last year and our chants pretty much sum up the one dimensional tactics as we sing 'hoof it to Denton' and 'cross it to denton'. Hope Heath proves me wrong but I don't think he will.

We've not a chance in hell of being 'conference north champions 2017'
:bdick:

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
I've never heard so much bollocks in my life. You and a minority of people give us a bad reputation and it's truly embarrassing. I know your a troll but even so you must have nothing better to do as all you do is spout shite on other clubs forums and on this forum.

I'm gonna stick up for Harrogate in a sense that they are not a footballing town so their away following wasn't too bad. Just realise that our club is not getting back to the football league in a long time so just because we have more fans than other teams doesn't give you the damn right to speak down upon on other teams supporters.

I'm definitely pessimistic about our situation atm as we basically have north ferriby's team from last year and our chants pretty much sum up the one dimensional tactics as we sing 'hoof it to Denton' and 'cross it to denton'. Hope Heath proves me wrong but I don't think he will.

Well said Ben. Welcome

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
Unfortunately for you lot, its your league Yorkshire derby. Where once you fanstasised about coming up against City or Town now you have us and BPA. Oh dear.

But just one thing, I thought Proper clubs fans backed there team 100% regardless of who they played. We tend to do that at Wetherby Road - FC United (who we would treat as a far more noteable day out of a number of others - in fact we took more fans to Broadhurst than we did to the Shay) or Brackley, we always back the lads vocally. Shame you lot can only get it up for well........Park Ave?

Anyway before we bore all of the other custodians of this thread I bid you 3 points and thanks.
If we have a "Yorkshire derby" this season, it's with BPA, at least they used to be a proper club before the 14 year break in tradition, but no, we won't be getting it up for them either. Your second paragraph simply showcases your ignorance of Proper clubs, an excusable failing in light of you not having any experience of being one. I've been to Wetherby Road and I couldn't hear you there either I'm afraid, but then again you were outnumbered 2 to 1. See you there, along with 1000 other Shaymen, later on. :bdick:

Last edited:

HG Yellow&Black

Reaction score
Supports
Harrogate Town
Thanks, I hope I enjoy my stay!
Yeah hopefully you will, take my jest with a huge pinch of salt. Is nice having Town back in what is a real battle of a division this year - would have preferred Guiseley from a competitive perspective but certainly better than a midlands side, or Oxford City back in the division!

Heard a rumour you boys were in for Danny Ellis potentially, a shame from our perspective as we have, and as you saw on Monday, two good centre backs and is a waste at the tail end of his career to have a legend like him sat on the bench.

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN

Cosying up to the Tin Potters will earn you no brownie points on here. You're right though, having a lot of fans doesn't give me a right to talk down to other clubs. Magna Carta and English Common Law gave me that along with a multitude of other freedoms and I will continue to exercise it in any way I wish and for as long as I like. Sorry if you disagree with what I say, but any Englishman worth his salt ought to be willing to fight to the death for my right to say it. As regards being champions, well I agree with you if Billy Big Bollocks and his Furbies have the same attititude as you, however their record says otherwise, so I'm backing them to turn it back around at Telford on Saturday and and at Salford next Tuesday. See you there. Come on you Shaymen. :bdick:

Benfcht

Reaction score
Supports
Fc Halifax Town
Yeah hopefully you will, take my jest with a huge pinch of salt. Is nice having Town back in what is a real battle of a division this year - would have preferred Guiseley from a competitive perspective but certainly better than a midlands side, or Oxford City back in the division!

Heard a rumour you boys were in for Danny Ellis potentially, a shame from our perspective as we have, and as you saw on Monday, two good centre backs and is a waste at the tail end of his career to have a legend like him sat on the bench.
Aye would take ainge back in a heartbeat. Probably the only centre back in the league that can take my man Tom Denton and shove him straight in his back pocket.

Sparrow

Reaction score
Supports
Woking FC
How B2TF hasn't been BANNED for trolling is beyond me. Everything he posts is a windup yet he gets overlooked by the 'powers that be'.

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
How B2TF hasn't been BANNED for trolling is beyond me. Everything he posts is a windup yet he gets overlooked by the 'powers that be'.
Maybe it's because year after year the other members vote me the funniest fucker on the forum. I'm just giving the people what they want. You're welcome. :ds:

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Ryan Croasdale now signed a contract with the club after being on non contract terms. Was MOTM on Monday and looked great at breaking the play up so delighted to see we've signed him up.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
Game 2 of our extremely tough spell of 3 games vs 3 of the strongly favoured sides for promotion. Curzon this sat away at Harrogate, then Flyde on Tuesday.

to be honest i'll take anything from these games, from what i have seen so far this season Curzon can battle hard and will take points off afew sides but don't look strong enough to take much off the top sides who our able to combat our approach with better players in key areas.

I feel we'll get beat saturday but am a little bit hopeful maybe after afew opening home games with decent crowds a midweek vs our lot with a small away following and smaller crowd may not fire them up as much, but we'll see.

We've been superb away from home so far, only side to stop alfreton scoring, then 8 goals in other away games and i know we'll go to attack at both places as our defence will conceed so why bother defending......but both these games could be abit much, saying that i felt we played better vs Darlo and alot better Vs Salford so improving vs the stronger sides, but didn't drastically look like scoring vs either of them or Kiddy.

StanLee

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Local 'derby' number 3 of this season will take place tomorrow afternoon at Moss Lane as Stockport take on Altrincham.

Looking forward to the game. Altrincham have clearly been struggling of late, but nothing like a local match to get their players fired up and we are notoriously poor at local games (except Stalybridge earlier this season).

A large contingent expected from Stockport although numbers will be restricted by the ludicrous no pay on the gate rules for away fans. This will no doubt just lead to away fans in the home end!

We have been playing this season almost like a team of strangers with no real free flowing passing moves happening. It's been a lot of direct stuff up to Odejayi.

Hatters danger man with no doubt be Danny Lloyd who has been awesome since joining from Fylde.

Alty Pieman

Reaction score
Supports
Alty
An easy 3 points for you, we have been awful.
However, we got Tim Deasy back today so at least thats one weak link fixed, the keeper !

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
However, we got Tim Deasy back today so at least thats one weak link fixed, the keeper !

You didn't look that bad on Monday but you didn't look dangerous going forward really.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Interesting...

Ashton United are very disappointed to announce that their management team of Steve Halford and Paul Phillips will be resigning their position as managers of the Evo-Stik Northern Premier League Premier Division club.

The duo will leave Hurst Cross following tomorrow’s Emirate FA Cup First Qualifying Round against Nantwich Town to take up the management reign at Vanarama National League North neighbours Stalybridge Celtic.

Clem Fandango

Reaction score
Supports
Gloucester City
We've got Fylde away tomorrow, toughest test yet probably. Missing a few key players still although everyone who has stepped up has done a good job. We've already lost Ethan Moore for the entire season and the news about his injury is now worse, I think he may be finished without even kicking a competitive ball in anger for us. Fingers crossed I'm wrong but sounds bad.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Absolutely cannot wait for tomorrow away to Salford!

I know Salford and the Class of 92 arent popular on here but I hope they are there tomorrow with it being Non League Day. Would be awesome to meet them.

As for the game well... honestly no idea what could happen. I expected to get trounced at Darlington but we hung in before they couldnt cope with us on the counter. It will have to be a similar story tomorrow if we to get anything from the game but I see another high scoring defeat. Not sure what the powers at be want at the moment.

CFC4LIFE

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley FC/ Blackburn Rovers
tamworth on plastic tomorrow, probably our toughest challenge yet. Lets hope for more of the same! COYM

The_Boss

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield FC
Things must be really bad if Tim Deasy is classed as an improvement!!

Andy Harrier

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Half time and we're 1-0 up at Darlington thanks to an Arthur Gnahoua goal.

Benfcht

Reaction score
Supports
Fc Halifax Town
tamworth on plastic tomorrow, probably our toughest challenge yet. Lets hope for more of the same! COYM
When we played Tamworth at home we beat them 4-0. Wouldn't be surprised if you did the same. Not much too them attacking wise and defensively a shambles. Should be a comfortable win for you guys.

Next for the shaymen is Telford away. Could be tough, a solid team and well drilled. Wouldn't surprise me if we were to draw.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
When we played Tamworth at home we beat them 4-0. Wouldn't be surprised if you did the same. Not much too them attacking wise and defensively a shambles. Should be a comfortable win for you guys.

Next for the shaymen is Telford away. Could be tough, a solid team and well drilled. Wouldn't surprise me if we were to draw.
I'm interested to see how Tamworth's season pans out - for the past 18 months they have been extremely solid at the back but without much of a goal threat, but on the back of a pasting against Halifax they have scored 10 goals in two games, perhaps a change of approach from Morrell.

Prodigal

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley
I think I would settle for a point away at Tamworth today, though we have been playing very well, so we might Nick all three points.

Coaster

Reaction score
Supports
Afc Fylde
I know its still early on in the season, but after kiddys win. This looks like its going to turn into a real close league this season as we all knee anyway.

Today we welcome Gloucester, will be a tough game today. Will be nice to see how our crowd turns out today. With 2 big attendances against salford and halifax. I wonder how it will go today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-03-09-41-00.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-03-09-41-00.png
    151.9 KB · Views: 43

Quakerz

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
Well we threw everything but the kitchen sink at Kidderminster in the second half last night and were desperately unlucky not to get a point in the end. We hit the bar, had a couple cleared off the line, a couple of smart saves by their keeper and had a million corners.

They do look a good side, number 11 the goalscorer was a cut above, and what they did do under pressure was defend their lead brilliantly. Kiddeminster also missed a couple of chances at the end to score and seal the game but I think a 2-0 defeat would have been tough to swallow.

Well done Kiddy and play off shoe ins I think.

For us it was another lesson about the diffence in standard at this level, but a start of 5-1-2 after some tough matches is pretty acceptable if you ask me.

One last word about the crowd - 1,729 with just a handful of away supporters. We play 12 miles away in another town altogether and I think our support is fantastic. To put it in context, other clubs like Maidstone and Newport were getting crowds of 3-400 in exile until they moved home and got crowds of 2,000. Scarborough play out of town and get crowds of 300. This has got to bode well for our move back to Darlington.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshsuwus
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!