2016-17 National League South

Joe.

Reaction score
Supports
Ebbsfleet United
Twitter
@JoeGlidewell
Not great but that was only because he wasn't played enough or properly. We all knew what Bubb would offer sadly AS couldn't see it. Goalscoring record says it all.

Shame that, could have been playing higher up. Really rated him at Farnborough and Oxford. Hopefully he remains getting goals!

Aberstone

Reaction score
Supports
Wealdstone
https://twitter.com/Wealdstone_FC - A transcript from our short notice meeting earlier. Very interesting having attended, things look unusually bright for us. Whilst there's no 5 year Football League plan (thank god), the club are now looking up and not down.

There was also a Q&A with Gordon Bartlett - my hope of us getting Jerome Okimo back isn't to be as he's signed for Braintree. GB also ran off a list of strikers who he'd been in contact with (a very impressive list at that!), all of whom were interested in playing for the club but the budget didn't extend as far as he liked.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
https://twitter.com/Wealdstone_FC - A transcript from our short notice meeting earlier. Very interesting having attended, things look unusually bright for us. Whilst there's no 5 year Football League plan (thank god), the club are now looking up and not down.

There was also a Q&A with Gordon Bartlett - my hope of us getting Jerome Okimo back isn't to be as he's signed for Braintree. GB also ran off a list of strikers who he'd been in contact with (a very impressive list at that!), all of whom were interested in playing for the club but the budget didn't extend as far as he liked.
Whats this about mate? http://www.stalbanscityfc.com/club-statement-5/

Aberstone

Reaction score
Supports
Wealdstone

Nick Archer is going to be leaving his post as director at St. Albans to join us as vice-chairman, he's not vice-chairman yet which wasn't made clear during that Twitter transcript.

Edit: He's currently co-chairman at St. Albans. Fallout, including some more detail has been put up on Stonesnet - http://wealdstonefc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9874&sid=20698d1b0740ad74fa439ebca02fdbee

Aberstone

Reaction score
Supports
Wealdstone
We lost our first PSF 2-1 at home to QPR's under-21s yesterday. Some people on Stonesnet are already in meltdown despite the squad having had 2 (maybe 3) training sessions before yesterday's match. :ffs:

Sahr Kabba is on trial with the club (was at Welling last season) as is Claudiu Hoban. Thoughts welcome on the latter Jemfy.

Jemfy

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
We lost our first PSF 2-1 at home to QPR's under-21s yesterday. Some people on Stonesnet are already in meltdown despite the squad having had 2 (maybe 3) training sessions before yesterday's match. :ffs:

Sahr Kabba is on trial with the club (was at Welling last season) as is Claudiu Hoban. Thoughts welcome on the latter Jemfy.

Caludiu is such a friendly character and a fantastic player to boot. He sometimes doesn't perform too well when the pitches get a little bit sticky in the winter, but when he's on his form he was close to unplayable for us. A second yellow sending off for us in the playoff semi-final when the opposition was down to 10 men already shows a little nativity in his play - never give the ref an excuse to even it up, but in a good passing team he should do well. If we had him for the final I think we would have won, but playoff rules meant that it was the only time in the season a suspension came in straight away. Conference South might be a struggle, but he'd definitely get in a lot of teams at step 3, and was going to be playing step 2 with Nuneaton before he joined us IIRC, but their training dates/times changed to stuff he couldn't commit to, so we snapped him up when he became available.

Most of the time he was our best player, and he will be sorely missed. He's moved for work apparently, and he'll get a fantastic welcome if he returns as an opposition player. You could certainly do a lot worse, and I'd recommend him highly, but put on the caveat that we are playing 2 divisions lower.

If anyone is having a go at a friendly result, it's worth reminding them that Wales lost 3-0 to Sweden before the start of the euros... (though I may be biased on picking that particular example, not least because I got my hands on a pair of tickets for Wednesday!)

Joe.

Reaction score
Supports
Ebbsfleet United
Twitter
@JoeGlidewell

Kabba was excellent at Havant. Seems to have not done a lot since.

Ron Hillyard our GK coach has left the Club after 14 years of service. Wants to spend time with his family and will be retiring I believe. The word legend gets thrown about a hell of a lot these days, but this guy truly is!

Aberstone

Reaction score
Supports
Wealdstone
14 years at one club is a rather impressive feat.

We're offering beer season tickets this season - £75 for 25 beer vouchers (London innit) to be used in the Social club. I quite like the idea and I'm sure it will be popular with the supporters.

Joe.

Reaction score
Supports
Ebbsfleet United
Twitter
@JoeGlidewell
Especially in this day and age! He's been the only mainstay during my time (around 9-10 years) supporting the club. Progressed Lance Cronin and Preston Edwards and the both of them were possibly the best GK in non-league at that time of them being with us. Not too much of a feat, but our last three keepers were all picked for England C.

Our new GK coach is the guy who palmed Michael West's overhead kick into the net at Farnborough away in the play offs! 30 years old, appears to have retired around 3 years ago.

Looks like our squad is pretty much complete at 19 with the squad in Portugal this week for a training camp. McMahon has said one or two may come in, but he's fairly comfortable with the squad at the moment.

Good initiative with the beer vouchers. £3 a pint isn't bad.

Aberstone

Reaction score
Supports
Wealdstone
Think it drew a fair few chuckles from around the league - the press article with McMahon stating the playing budget would be cut but talking of preparations for the week in Portugal. Honestly, with that squad and smarting from last season, 'Fleet should walk this league. I fancy St. Albans and Chelmsford to be competitive this year too.

Leo Morris officially stepped down as assistant manager after 21 years at the helm a couple of weeks back (legend!). Scott McGleish has now officially been appointed as GB's #2.

Joe.

Reaction score
Supports
Ebbsfleet United
Twitter
@JoeGlidewell
Think it drew a fair few chuckles from around the league - the press article with McMahon stating the playing budget would be cut but talking of preparations for the week in Portugal. Honestly, with that squad and smarting from last season, 'Fleet should walk this league. I fancy St. Albans and Chelmsford to be competitive this year too.

Leo Morris officially stepped down as assistant manager after 21 years at the helm a couple of weeks back (legend!). Scott McGleish has now officially been appointed as GB's #2.

Yeah, I imagine it would have done! We did the same last year too, minus the talk of reduced budget of course!

Considering, at one point last season, we had 34 players on the books I think McMahon has done well to get it down to 19, including four new additions! He's probably not wrong, the Dr probably has told him to lower the budget. Three years he's put money in and three years we've failed, wouldn't blame him if he did lower it!

I'm saying nothing with regards to predictions. On paper, we probably have the best squad. The same as last season. Realistically another failed title bid is unacceptable, but I'm not one for going all BBB and saying we should win the league and we will win it. We'll see how it goes!

21 years... jesus.

Aberstone

Reaction score
Supports
Wealdstone
34 was rather excessive. I don't blame you for making predictions, this time last year I thought Havant and Margate were certainties for the playoffs, oops. We're trimming the squad too and using loanees as backups, I'll be interested to see how it pans up.

Fixture predictions ahead of tomorrow's announcement:
  • Chelmsford at home to start the season.
  • Whitehawk and one of Bath, Poole, Truro or Weston to be away on a Tuesday night.
  • Maidenhead to be our Bank Holiday opponents.
  • Hampton to be our Boxing Day/NYD opponents.
  • We'll go to Stonebridge Road whilst capacity is barely over 2,000.
Let's see how many of the above are correct tomorrow.

Joe.

Reaction score
Supports
Ebbsfleet United
Twitter
@JoeGlidewell
Apparently, we have some Portuguese trialist training with the squad out there at the moment.

We also have four youth team players on first team contracts so essentially we have a squad of 23, but I don't think they'll be used much.

The only prediction I will make is that the Conference will have us play Dartford when capacity is at its lowest. They genuinely have no clue. Again, we will go to Essex on Boxing day when we have Dartford, Welling and Margate in the division. Having you when it's lowered capacity won't be bad, Aber. Doubt it'll be a crowd of 2,000...

I'm not too fussed who we play and when but don't want another Essex side BD/NYD and would like one of the four you mentioned in August (before I go away!).

Joe.

Reaction score
Supports
Ebbsfleet United
Twitter
@JoeGlidewell
The Portuguese trialist is somebody called Ivan Lopez. The only player by that name I can find anything about is a Spanish guy who plays for Levante, so I think we can rule him out. Was supposed to have a Ghanaian guy joining the squad in Portugal, but doesn't look like that's happened. He has played for Elche and Malaga B teams. Whitehawk, eat your heart out...

Poole at home to kick off. Another poxy home game. Fantastic. Finishing the season (Oxford City) at home too. Boring.

Weston and Truro away look good for overnight stays when the weather will be good though!

Missing three weeks in August/September due to being in Eastern Europe. Will be missing Margate (again) and Wealdstone at home amongst others.

Dartford BD and NYD is a relief after having Essex Clubs in previous seasons! No game between BD and NYD either, which isn't the norm. Wonder why that changed?

Can't grumble too much, I guess.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Just looked at the fixtures...

Wow East Thurrock United v Hungerford Town. Never too early for a relegation 6 pointer!

Raymondo316

Reaction score
Supports
Maidstone United
I'm betting we draw Ebbsfleet in the cup and we have to deal with all the ticket drama again.

You just know its gonna happen.

Joe.

Reaction score
Supports
Ebbsfleet United
Twitter
@JoeGlidewell
I'm betting we draw Ebbsfleet in the cup and we have to deal with all the ticket drama again.

You just know its gonna happen.

I seriously hope not, although you'll get the same allocation as PO final. Won't be any less.

We'll be back to full capacity end of November I reckon so, should we progress, there's two opportunities to meet you.

Gatekeeper

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United

He was with us a couple of seasons ago. Hopefully you will get a better player..

Aberstone

Reaction score
Supports
Wealdstone
Pretty much wrong on every prediction made above, with the exception of us going to Ebbsfleet when capacity is reduced.

Off to Dartford to start the season with a local derby against St. Albans our first home game on the Monday night. Stortford are our Bank Holiday opponents once again with Maidenhead our Boxing Day/NYD opponents. End the season at East Thurrock (Stones fans are thrilled about that :lol:).

Poole away on the Saturday before Christmas, Weston away in January, Truro and Bath away in March. Most importantly though, my birthday weekend sees us go to Whitehawk on a Saturday. £12.30 direct return means train, beer, football.

Aberstone

Reaction score
Supports
Wealdstone
Just looked at the fixtures...

Wow East Thurrock United v Hungerford Town. Never too early for a relegation 6 pointer!

Hungerford looked fucking awful against Hitchin in their playoff semi last season, play like that on a regular basis and they'll get eaten alive. East Thurrock I imagine will be alright, recruited well and kept Sam Higgins.

Joe.

Reaction score
Supports
Ebbsfleet United
Twitter
@JoeGlidewell
Pretty much wrong on every prediction made above, with the exception of us going to Ebbsfleet when capacity is reduced.

Off to Dartford to start the season with a local derby against St. Albans our first home game on the Monday night. Stortford are our Bank Holiday opponents once again with Maidenhead our Boxing Day/NYD opponents. End the season at East Thurrock (Stones fans are thrilled about that :lol:).

Poole away on the Saturday before Christmas, Weston away in January, Truro and Bath away in March. Most importantly though, my birthday weekend sees us go to Whitehawk on a Saturday. £12.30 direct return means train, beer, football.

It also means having to go to that shit heap of a ground as a present. For your sake, I hope you win! ;)

After last season, I refuse to give money to Whitehawk. If I go, I'm watching it from the grass bank. By the sounds of it, there's a few that may do the same.

Aberstone

Reaction score
Supports
Wealdstone
That's what that wonderful thing known of alcohol is great for Joe, forget your surroundings. I wouldn't be surprised if the game was segregated, I don't like it but it's probably for the best in this scenario. Whilst I'm sure things will crop up, I'm aiming to do 42/42 next season. Weston is the one ground I absolutely have to tick off having missed it the last 2 seasons.

Joe.

Reaction score
Supports
Ebbsfleet United
Twitter
@JoeGlidewell
That's what that wonderful thing known of alcohol is great for Joe, forget your surroundings. I wouldn't be surprised if the game was segregated, I don't like it but it's probably for the best in this scenario. Whilst I'm sure things will crop up, I'm aiming to do 42/42 next season. Weston is the one ground I absolutely have to tick off having missed it the last 2 seasons.

I did 42/42 in our first season here back in 10/11 and then 45/46 the following season in the Premier. Been working weekends since though so have missed between 5 and 10 a season. Will probably miss 10-15 this season due to trips abroad/work.

Definitely watching from the bank at Whitehawk. Have no plans to give them money whatsoever. Will probably choose to miss Concord too.

Joe.

Reaction score
Supports
Ebbsfleet United
Twitter
@JoeGlidewell
We lost 4-1 today against Portuguese second division side Olhanense. Had absolutely no idea we were playing them. Was supposed to play Bury apparently but that fell through.

Joe.

Reaction score
Supports
Ebbsfleet United
Twitter
@JoeGlidewell
Not sure if we're signing that Evan Lopes but done a bit of research and he's not just some guy we picked up in Portugal last week. He was Academy player of the season for Leatherhead last season.

Sparrow

Reaction score
Supports
Woking FC
Ebbsfleet should win this league by at least ten points.

Interestingly, since Woking won the league in 2011-12, no one has dominated it like we did.

Joe.

Reaction score
Supports
Ebbsfleet United
Twitter
@JoeGlidewell
Ebbsfleet should win this league by at least ten points.

Interestingly, since Woking won the league in 2011-12, no one has dominated it like we did.

Many (not me, may I add) were saying that last season!

The league has been weak for a while now IMO. Don't see a standout side this season. Can't see anybody walking away with it and can't see a side doing a Sutton.

Aberstone

Reaction score
Supports
Wealdstone
I believe I was one of those who said the above. ^^^

Last season was considerably stronger than the year before.

Aberstone

Reaction score
Supports
Wealdstone
2016-17 National League South In/Outs:

BATH CITY:
In - George Rigg (Weymouth), Stuart Fleetwood (Sutton United)
Out - David Pratt (Chippenham Town), Ashley Kington (Weston-Super-Mare)

BISHOP'S STORTFORD:
In - Kyle Asante (unattached), Paul Rogers (Bromley), Tambeson Eyong (Canvey Island), Howard Hall (Hayes & Yeading United), Bradley Woods-Garness (Lowestoft Town), Luis Morrison (Concord Rangers), Joe Benjamin (Harlow Town), Joe Wright (Concord Rangers), Scott Shulton (Wingate & Finchley), Ryan Auger (unattached), Jermaine Osei (Enfield Town)
Out - Elliott Buchanan (Margate), Anthony Church (Chelmsford City), Sheldon Sellears (Chelmsford City), Frankie Merrifield (Chelmsford City), Ashley Miller (Chelmsford City), Corby Moore (Chelmsford City), George Allen (Welling United), Chris M'Boungou (Whitehawk)

CHELMSFORD CITY:
In - Joe Welch (St. Albans City), Adam Bailey-Dennis (Hemel Hempstead Town), Daniel Blanchett (Havant & Waterlooville), Chris Bush (Lincoln City), Ashley Miller (Bishop's Stortford), Michael Corcoran (unattached), Max Cornhill (Concord Rangers), Corby Moore (Bishop's Stortford), Sheldon Sellears (Bishop's Stortford), Robbie Willmott (Ebbsfleet United), Anthony Church (Bishop's Stortford), Frankie Merrifield (Bishop's Stortford), Jake Reid (Maidenhead United), Shamir Mullings (Havant & Waterlooville)
Out - Rory McAuley (Lowestoft Town), Rob Girdlestone (Concord Rangers)

CONCORD RANGERS:
In - Dean Mason (Lowestoft Town), Alex Akrofi (Maidstone United - loan), Rob Girdlestone (Chelmsford City)
Out - Max Cornhill (Chelmsford City), James Hammond (Maidenhead United), Lewis Taaffe (Hemel Hempstead Town), Ben Greenhalgh (Maidstone United), Luis Morrison (Bishop's Stortford), Joe Wright (Bishop's Stortford)

DARTFORD:
In - Tom Bonner (Ebbsfleet United), Alex Brown (Maidstone United), Keaton Wood (Millwall)
Out - George Sykes (Canvey Island), Lee Burns (East Thurrock United), Callum McNaughton (Hampton & Richmond Borough), Danny Fitzsimmons (Margate), Jack Simmons, Tom Bradbrook

EAST THURROCK UNITED:
In - Teddy Nesbitt (Billericay Town), Joe Gardner (Braintree Town), Lee Burns (Dartford), Reece Harris (Welling United)
Out - Rickie Hayles (Welling United), Kris Newby

EASTBOURNE BOROUGH:
In - Josh Hare (Gillingham), Brian Dutton (Havant & Waterlooville), Charlie Horlock (Hitchin Town)
Out - Jack Evans (Maidstone United), Marvin Hamilton (Whitehawk), Sam Beale (Folkestone Invicta), Kaye Haysman (Staines Town), Nathan Collier (Hampton & Richmond)

EBBSFLEET UNITED:
In - Jack Connors (Dagenham & Redbridge), Dave Winfield (York City), Mark Phillips (Braintree Town), Bradley Bubb (Oxford City)
Out - Matt Gooden (Stevenage), Preston Edwards (Dulwich Hamlet), Robbie Willmott (Chelmsford City), Theo Lewis (Havant & Waterlooville), Tom Bonner (Dartford), Joe Howe (Bromley), Alex Osborn (Margate), Anthony Acheampong (Maidstone United), Michael West, Lloyd Harrington, Danny Haynes, Brandon Hall, Kelvin Langmead, Bryan Van Den Bogart

GOSPORT BOROUGH:
In - Martin Rice (Truro City), Aaron Dawson (Truro City), Ben Wright (Maidenhead United), Chris Flood (Basingstoke Town), Tom Bird (Basingstoke Town), Joe Oastler (Aldershot Town), Warren Bentley (Winchester City), Jason Parish (AFC Portchester)
Out - Justin Bennett (Salisbury), Lee Wort (Poole Town), Perry Ryan

HAMPTON AND RICHMOND BOROUGH:
In - Giuseppe Sole (Woking), Callum McNaughton (Dartford), Christian Jolley (Margate), Harold Odatamey (Kingstonian), Jay Gasson (Basingstoke Town), Aaron Howe (Basingstoke Town), Nathan Collier (Eastbourne Borough)
Out - Charlie Moone (Slough Town), Moussa Diarra (Barrow), Duncan Culley (Whitehawk)

HEMEL HEMPSTEAD TOWN:
In - Callum Adebiyi (Kings Langley), Sam Corcoran (St. Albans City), Lewis Taaffe (Concord Rangers), Jonny Henley (Ipswich Town), Matthew Saunders (Aldershot Town), Dan Walker (Aldershot Town), James Kaloczi (St. Albans City)
Out - Jamie Butler (Braintree Town), Ben Herd (St. Albans City), Adam Bailey-Dennis (Chelmsford City), Ricky Wellard (Wealdstone), Jamie Slabber (Welling United)

If I've missed any from the teams above, let me know. I'll compile the other 11 teams comings and goings later on this evening.

Last edited:

Joe.

Reaction score
Supports
Ebbsfleet United
Twitter
@JoeGlidewell
Anthony Acheampong to Maidstone, Michael West released, Bryan Van Den Bogart returned home for personal reasons. Pretty sure that's it in outs from us. If I think of anymore I'll let you know!

We've got a squad of 19 seniors and 4 academy players on first team contracts: Hugo Atkinson, Karn Miller-Neave, Ollie Boulding and Billy Holmes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!