2020/21 General Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Taylor was out for a good few weeks after the injury, definitely didn't bottle it, he's not the type to bottle anything. If he was a bottler he wouldn't make big decisions like joining the big boys down the road when he was with you lot.

Weird you've brought attendances into it, I'd like to see some proof you've averaged higher than us for 20+ years...

I have nothing against Rovers, but don't delude yourself you will end up anywhere near the play-offs come the end of the season. Your style of play is effective but most of your players looked bang average on the ball. Like I've said before not one of your players would make it into Oxford's starting eleven.
My sincere apologies, in the last 20 years 3 times you've had a higher average attendance. Care to go on about the natural order?

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/brir.htm
http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/oxfu.htm

I didn't say Taylor bottled it are you sure you're reading my post correctly? Anyway, that atmosphere definitely got to him - that or he's just shit compared to what he used to be. Taylor was a shadow of what he used to look like, but unlike some I don't judge an entire team based on 1 performance.

Funny how you changed your tune from Taylor's injury, I guess you didn't go to the game or have any idea what happened. Pretty stupid to just make something up and claim it as fact. Which makes me question how you can comment that our players looked bang average on the ball, but you couldn't comment on how Taylor got injured - you had no clue. So what is it, did you see the game or not? You've been completely caught out here...

Oh and Jonson Clarke-Harris would walk into every team in this league, don't flatter yourself because you're on a bit of form.

mase

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Nothing more tinpot than arguing over attendances.

Keep it going lads.

Kim Jong Un

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
My sincere apologies, in the last 20 years 3 times you've had a higher average attendance. Care to go on about the natural order?

I didn't say Taylor bottled it are you sure you're reading my post correctly? Anyway, that atmosphere definitely got to him - that or he's just shit compared to what he used to be. Taylor was a shadow of what he used to look like, but unlike some I don't judge an entire team based on 1 performance.

Funny how you changed your tune from Taylor's injury, I guess you didn't go to the game or have any idea what happened. Pretty stupid to just make something up and claim it as fact. Which makes me question how you can comment that our players looked bang average on the ball, but you couldn't comment on how Taylor got injured - you had no clue. So what is it, did you see the game or not? You've been completely caught out here...

Oh and Jonson Clarke-Harris would walk into every team in this league, don't flatter yourself because you're on a bit of form.

Your players targeted Taylor from kick-off, I was at the game, were you? "He was a shadow of his former self", you could tell that from the 20 minutes he was on the pitch could you :pmsl:

"Don't make something up and claim it as fact" .... that's literally exactly what you did with your made-up attendance statistic :lol::lol::lol:

Look at Clarke-Harris statistics at other clubs, don't kid yourself because the lads hit a bit of form. I'm loving that you've still got a chip on your shoulder about Super Matty Taylor (scored a rather nice last minute goal for us on Saturday), 4 goals in 6 starts :woo::woo:

It's so obvious that you've got an inferiority complex here, must be what not even being the biggest club in your own city does to you I suppose.

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United

Gassy, I mentioned before I used to like JCH when he was with the Millers but I doubt he would walk into every team in this league.

I certainly wouldn't put him in front of Smith or Ladapo or Morris TBF and I'm not sure Peterborough would be in much of a hurry to put him in their front two.
I'm sure there will be other fans on here that rate their players above JCH too.
Coventry didn't seem too keen to keep hold of him either so Robins can't have been too impressed.

JCH goes through good spells, then gets injured; it's just what happens to him.
Maybe there's something about his build that makes his body break down after a spell of games.
When he is fit and on form, he has everything, strength, pace and a rocket shot but wherever he has been it has never worked out over a long period.

I sincerely hope he comes back and does well for you and genuinely would like to see him succeed, but his career so far suggests he flatters to deceive.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Your players targeted Taylor from kick-off, I was at the game, were you? "He was a shadow of his former self", you could tell that from the 20 minutes he was on the pitch could you :pmsl:

"Don't make something up and claim it as fact" .... that's literally exactly what you did with your made-up attendance statistic :lol::lol::lol:

Look at Clarke-Harris statistics at other clubs, don't kid yourself because the lads hit a bit of form. I'm loving that you've still got a chip on your shoulder about Super Matty Taylor (scored a rather nice last minute goal for us on Saturday), 4 goals in 6 starts :woo::woo:

It's so obvious that you've got an inferiority complex here, must be what not even being the biggest club in your own city does to you I suppose.
So you watched it, but you had no clue as to how Taylor got injured? Did you see when Taylor punched Kilgour in the face? Considering you didn't even see Taylor get injured I very much doubt you have a clue what happened, tell the truth were you really there? You've been caught right out mate, but keep on digging that hole. I wasn't there, I saw it all on iFollow, but thanks for asking.

Yes, I can say that in the 33 (not 20) minutes I saw of him he was a shadow of his former self. It's not hard is it? From what I saw in his 33 (not 20) minutes minutes, he was a shadow of his former self - what is so hard to grasp for you there? Perhaps this conversation is too complex for you.

I still look forward to your answer as to how you didn't know how Taylor went off injured, when you were at the game. Thats pretty astonishing.

The lads hit a bit of form? 19 goals in 29 appearances is considered 'a bit of form' but Oxford being 1 point ahead of us in the table is the difference between you in the play offs and us 'no where near the play offs' - how deluded can one person be?

No inferiority complex here, you see I accept City are a bigger team than us - I have no problem with that, you really need to try harder at winding people up. You've been caught out wrong on so many occasions here, its pretty astonishing tbh

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Gassy, I mentioned before I used to like JCH when he was with the Millers but I doubt he would walk into every team in this league.

I certainly wouldn't put him in front of Smith or Ladapo or Morris TBF and I'm not sure Peterborough would be in much of a hurry to put him in their front two.
I'm sure there will be other fans on here that rate their players above JCH too.
Coventry didn't seem too keen to keep hold of him either so Robins can't have been too impressed.

JCH goes through good spells, then gets injured; it's just what happens to him.
Maybe there's something about his build that makes his body break down after a spell of games.
When he is fit and on form, he has everything, strength, pace and a rocket shot but wherever he has been it has never worked out over a long period.

I sincerely hope he comes back and does well for you and genuinely would like to see him succeed, but his career so far suggests he flatters to deceive.
Peterborough would probably be the only team he wouldn't get into IMO.

Only Forss & Madden have a better goal to minute ratio this season. He's already scored over double the goals in less than half the time he spent at Rotherham - the fact he's being chased by Championship clubs but some how couldn't get into Oxford who are 1 point head of us and Rotherham who are below us in the table is pretty astonishing

Kim Jong Un

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
So you watched it, but you had no clue as to how Taylor got injured? Did you see when Taylor punched Kilgour in the face? Considering you didn't even see Taylor get injured I very much doubt you have a clue what happened, tell the truth were you really there? You've been caught right out mate, but keep on digging that hole. I wasn't there, I saw it all on iFollow, but thanks for asking.

Yes, I can say that in the 33 (not 20) minutes I saw of him he was a shadow of his former self. It's not hard is it? From what I saw in his 33 (not 20) minutes minutes, he was a shadow of his former self - what is so hard to grasp for you there? Perhaps this conversation is too complex for you.

I still look forward to your answer as to how you didn't know how Taylor went off injured, when you were at the game. Thats pretty astonishing.

The lads hit a bit of form? 19 goals in 29 appearances is considered 'a bit of form' but Oxford being 1 point ahead of us in the table is the difference between you in the play offs and us 'no where near the play offs' - how deluded can one person be?

No inferiority complex here, you see I accept City are a bigger team than us - I have no problem with that, you really need to try harder at winding people up. You've been caught out wrong on so many occasions here, its pretty astonishing tbh

"I've been caught out massively" :crazy: I was there, do you want me to send you my ticket stub or something?

It's obvious you weren't there because you're talking pure nonsense abut Taylor punching Kilgour in the face? Makes sense to me that you weren't there having that opinion.

I said it was about 20 minutes, 33 was a bit more than I thought, get over it.

The other poster has summed it up about JCH.

If anyone's caught anyone out, it's me with your attendance bullshit, I made a comment and you chose to take issue with it.

I literally said you were no more than a mid-table team (which you agree is basically the truth) and you've thrown a paddy about it :ffs:

Are you going through the menopause or something Gassy?

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Peterborough would probably be the only team he wouldn't get into IMO.

Only Forss & Madden have a better goal to minute ratio this season. He's already scored over double the goals in less than half the time he spent at Rotherham - the fact he's being chased by Championship clubs but some how couldn't get into Oxford who are 1 point head of us and Rotherham who are below us in the table is pretty astonishing

Gassy, I'm not questioning his early season form, it's impressive, merely saying that he has spells like this, gets injured and misses lots of games.

For us he was behind Danny Ward and Matt Derbyshire amongst others.
He would come on as a sub, look impressive then get a start and be anonymous or go off with a strain or something.

He therefore finished out on loan for a good bit of his time with us because his consistency, or lack of it , coupled with his injuries, mean't he couldn't get a start.

As I said, I hope he has finally grown into his body and can avoid too many spells out but he has to prove it by spending more time on the pitch.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
"I've been caught out massively" :crazy: I was there, do you want me to send you my ticket stub or something?

It's obvious you weren't there because you're talking pure nonsense abut Taylor punching Kilgour in the face? Makes sense to me that you weren't there having that opinion.

I said it was about 20 minutes, 33 was a bit more than I thought, get over it.

The other poster has summed it up about JCH.

If anyone's caught anyone out, it's me with your attendance bullshit, I made a comment and you chose to take issue with it.

I literally said you were no more than a mid-table team (which you agree is basically the truth) and you've thrown a paddy about it :ffs:

Are you going through the menopause or something Gassy?
Yeah why not, you didn't see the punch where Kilgour went down for a couple of minutes? Honestly, there is so much you missed for the game, yet you claim to know so much about our team. Can you tell me anything that happened that wasn't in the highlight reel? Still waiting for your explanation of how we injured Taylor.

Yes it's obvious I wasn't there, as I just told you I wasn't and watched it on iFollow. Well done on working that out Sherlock.

I said we're a mid table team without JCH, please quote me correctly if you're going to do it. Then you said "but don't delude yourself you will end up anywhere near the play-offs come the end of the season".

Looking forward to your explanation as to how you missed Taylor going off injured & the Kilgour incident.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Gassy, I'm not questioning his early season form, it's impressive, merely saying that he has spells like this, gets injured and misses lots of games.

For us he was behind Danny Ward and Matt Derbyshire amongst others.
He would come on as a sub, look impressive then get a start and be anonymous or go off with a strain or something.

He therefore finished out on loan for a good bit of his time with us because his consistency, or lack of it , coupled with his injuries, mean't he couldn't get a start.

As I said, I hope he has finally grown into his body and can avoid too many spells out but he has to prove it by spending more time on the pitch.
Since he’s joined us he’s been on fire. If it was just this season I wouldn’t be anywhere near as confident in his ability, but the bloke has scored 19 in 29 - that’s a goal every 1.5 games.

I can agree on his previous goal scoring record - the stats don’t lie. However when he’s getting scouted and we’re getting approached by West Brom & Hull - to say he wouldn’t get into the Oxford team is ludicrous. Might as well hand them the champions league now.

I’d agree with any other position on the pitch tbh, but JCH would definitely make it

Kim Jong Un

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Yeah why not, you didn't see the punch where Kilgour went down for a couple of minutes? Honestly, there is so much you missed for the game, yet you claim to know so much about our team. Can you tell me anything that happened that wasn't in the highlight reel? Still waiting for your explanation of how we injured Taylor.

Yes it's obvious I wasn't there, as I just told you I wasn't and watched it on iFollow. Well done on working that out Sherlock.

I said we're a mid table team without JCH, please quote me correctly if you're going to do it. Then you said "but don't delude yourself you will end up anywhere near the play-offs come the end of the season".

Looking forward to your explanation as to how you missed Taylor going off injured & the Kilgour incident.

The one thing I do remember is melting on your little away terrace, and we were rubbish after a corker of a goal from now injured Woodburn. You did a job on us on the day, but I saw nothing from Rovers to make me think you're anything other than a lower mid-table side. You will fade away.

Show me any evidence that he punched Kilgour? Total bs. I remember the sly elbow from your player though, the whole team clearly trying to stick dirty challenges on him right from the word go. If he "punched" him like you said, he'd have been sent off. I recall (perhaps wrongly before you throw another paddy) both were booked.

I didn't miss him going off injured.. I told you he went off after your team did a job on him.

You've got yourself into a bit of a hysteric mess here Gassy.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
The one thing I do remember is melting on your little away terrace, and we were rubbish after a corker of a goal from now injured Woodburn. You did a job on us on the day, but I saw nothing from Rovers to make me think you're anything other than a lower mid-table side. You will fade away.

Show me any evidence that he punched Kilgour? Total bs. I remember the sly elbow from your player though, the whole team clearly trying to stick dirty challenges on him right from the word go. If he "punched" him like you said, he'd have been sent off. I recall (perhaps wrongly before you throw another paddy) both were booked.

I didn't miss him going off injured.. I told you he went off after your team did a job on him.

You've got yourself into a bit of a hysteric mess here Gassy.
So let me get this straight:
  • We were both on 4 points after 4 games
  • We comfortable beat you
  • We've had most of our squad injured all season (pre season injuries)
  • You're now 1 point ahead of us because our talisman striker if injured for 5 weeks
Based on this, Oxford are a play off team, but we're not? Am I missing something here or is there something else you'd like to add?

I saw the video from a fan of Taylor's punch, it wasn't a boxing punch or anything - it was from a throw in & Kilgour was marking him and he turned and did it. The fact our manager even commented on it sums it up. Unfortunately the referee missed it, but if you're going to use the referee missing an incident as evidence the incident never happened (especially in league 1 football) then you really need some help.

Give me evidence where we were trying to injure Taylor from the beginning please. No you didn't say that - you can't even quote yourself correctly ffs, this is getting a bit silly tbh. You said "deliberately injuring Matty Taylor helped you massively" - there is video evidence that he went down by himself during a goal kick (which some how you dont remember) and your own manager said it was the pitch, not our players. Considering his injury was his inner leg, I don't see how we could injure him there, although I am looking forward to your explanation.

No hysterics here, you've tried throwing childish insults at me because I'm challenging your opinion - so who's the one really hysterically in a mess here?

Kim Jong Un

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
So let me get this straight:
  • We were both on 4 points after 4 games
  • We comfortable beat you
  • We've had most of our squad injured all season (pre season injuries)
  • You're now 1 point ahead of us because our talisman striker if injured for 5 weeks
Based on this, Oxford are a play off team, but we're not? Am I missing something here or is there something else you'd like to add?

I saw the video from a fan of Taylor's punch, it wasn't a boxing punch or anything - it was from a throw in & Kilgour was marking him and he turned and did it. The fact our manager even commented on it sums it up. Unfortunately the referee missed it, but if you're going to use the referee missing an incident as evidence the incident never happened (especially in league 1 football) then you really need some help.

Give me evidence where we were trying to injure Taylor from the beginning please. No you didn't say that - you can't even quote yourself correctly ffs, this is getting a bit silly tbh. You said "deliberately injuring Matty Taylor helped you massively" - there is video evidence that he went down by himself during a goal kick (which some how you dont remember) and your own manager said it was the pitch, not our players. Considering his injury was his inner leg, I don't see how we could injure him there, although I am looking forward to your explanation.

No hysterics here, you've tried throwing childish insults at me because I'm challenging your opinion - so who's the one really hysterically in a mess here?

We're not one point ahead of you because JCH has been out injured. Could say the same about us, if we had a fully fit team we'd have a lot more points. We've had to contend with more than just one key player out believe me.

Show me the video then? The fact your obviously biased manager said something means nothing.

We both can't prove it either way. I was there though and it looked for all the world like your players were trying to do a number on him.

With both teams fully fit, we are better than you and will finish higher. My original comment about you being no more than a mid-table team will ring true at the end of the season.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
We're not one point ahead of you because JCH has been out injured. Could say the same about us, if we had a fully fit team we'd have a lot more points. We've had to contend with more than just one key player out believe me.

Show me the video then? The fact your obviously biased manager said something means nothing.

We both can't prove it either way. I was there though and it looked for all the world like your players were trying to do a number on him.

With both teams fully fit, we are better than you and will finish higher. My original comment about you being no more than a mid-table team will ring true at the end of the season.
We've had key players out since the start of the season & picked up more since. Who doesn't ffs? I'm not trying to sing our praise, I've said we're a mid-table team without JCH and with him from what I've seen of L1 standards we're a L1 play off team. You've seen a game where we were much better than you yet somehow have come to the conclusion that we're mid table at best. Work that one out.

I remember seeing the video & have asked in a group that posted it but god knows if it will turn back up.

I have never disagreed with both teams fully fit that you're better, I've just argued on your perspective and reasoning as to "deliberately injuring Matty Taylor helped you massively", "finishing no where near the play offs" (which was judged on a game we comfortably beat you) , "no one of your squad would get into our team" (when I've said above that I'd agree with any other player exceptJCH, but some how you've come so far up your own arse because you're 1 point ahead of us) and "we'll finish in our natural order" (when evidence shows you're a smaller club).

If its that difficult to work out, maybe you should start supporting Swindon :D

Kim Jong Un

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
We've had key players out since the start of the season & picked up more since. Who doesn't ffs? I'm not trying to sing our praise, I've said we're a mid-table team without JCH and with him from what I've seen of L1 standards we're a L1 play off team. You've seen a game where we were much better than you yet somehow have come to the conclusion that we're mid table at best. Work that one out.

I remember seeing the video & have asked in a group that posted it but god knows if it will turn back up.

I have never disagreed with both teams fully fit that you're better, I've just argued on your perspective and reasoning as to "deliberately injuring Matty Taylor helped you massively", "finishing no where near the play offs" (which was judged on a game we comfortably beat you) , "no one of your squad would get into our team" (when I've said above that I'd agree with any other player exceptJCH, but some how you've come so far up your own arse because you're 1 point ahead of bus) and "we'll finish in our natural order" (when evidence shows you're a smaller club).

The natural order comment was about how the table will be after things settle down. I never claimed anything about club size. My opinion on that is that we're roughly the same. Attendances have nothing to do with where a side will finish.

Let's see in the fullness of time. Maybe your squad will prove me wrong but I seriously doubt it.

Personally, I genuinely would rather have Matty than JCH. He's one of our own, perfect fit for the cub.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
The natural order comment was about how the table will be after things settle down. I never claimed anything about club size. My opinion on that is that we're roughly the same. Attendances have nothing to do with where a side will finish.

Let's see in the fullness of time. Maybe your squad will prove me wrong but I seriously doubt it.

Personally, I genuinely would rather have Matty than JCH. He's one of our own, perfect fit for the cub.
Interesting last comment, I was actually thinking about this earlier about who's the better striker. They're such different players so it's hard to compare.

Personally I think JCH is the best striker we've had since Lambert. That isn't running Taylor down, his movement off the ball was probably the best I've ever seen at Rovers. His problem was his finishing, despite how many goals he scored. JCH is much more clinical and hold the ball up much better, he's more of an all round striker with his physicality.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Is there nothing on Netflix tonight?
I guess not, seeming as you're commenting on here.

God forbid people actually debate something on a football forum. People moan the forum is dying, yet you then moan when people actually post.

Kim Jong Un

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Interesting last comment, I was actually thinking about this earlier about who's the better striker. They're such different players so it's hard to compare.

Personally I think JCH is the best striker we've had since Lambert. That isn't running Taylor down, his movement off the ball was probably the best I've ever seen at Rovers. His problem was his finishing, despite how many goals he scored. JCH is much more clinical and hold the ball up much better, he's more of an all round striker with his physicality.

We ballsed up massively letting Taylor go at a time the club was ballsing everything up.

If JCH keeps his goalscoring up after he comes back from injury, then I may start to believe the hype

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
We ballsed up massively letting Taylor go at a time the club was ballsing everything up.

If JCH keeps his goalscoring up after he comes back from injury, then I may start to believe the hype
Didn't you apparently have a deal agreed with him verbally? He shook hands with Appleton on a deal before then resigning for us, before then signing for City. Classy guy.

JCH has ultimately had 1 good season in L1 in total (joining end of January), which is the same as Taylor - just an FYI,

Shrimpurh

Reaction score
Supports
Southend
Dear oh dear
We are the worst side league one has ever seen

Kim Jong Un

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Didn't you apparently have a deal agreed with him verbally? He shook hands with Appleton on a deal before then resigning for us, before then signing for City. Classy guy.

JCH has ultimately had 1 good season in L1 in total (joining end of January), which is the same as Taylor - just an FYI,

No loyalty in football these days. Just pleased to eventually get our man.

Taylor's off the ball movement best I've seen from an Oxford striker in my time.

mase

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United

Taylor's off the ball movement best I've seen from an Oxford striker in my time.

Nearly as good as Paul Moody

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers

Well with regards to that statement you obviously have'nt been going very long. I will name you three strikers you've had that were a lot better than the "Snake " John Aldridge/ Graham Atkinson and one of our local guys who went on to play for you Alan Willey. All three were superior. That includes off the ball movement as well. As for club size -- I can still recollect " Headington United " so don't go there.

Shrimper92

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
Can we just end the season now, please. I beg.

Shrew_fan

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
two decent wins in our last 2 home game against Sunderland and Posh. Just a shame we didn't get a deserved point at Wycombe last Saturday. Big positives are the amount of clean sheets we have had this season, although lack of goals is a bit of a concern......

Shrimpurh

Reaction score
Supports
Southend
Can anyone tell me what the Football League record is for most goals conceded in a season? Least points in a season? Most consecutive defeats? Most home losses? The earliest someone's relegation has been confirmed?

We're really going for a record breaking season..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!