2021/22 Squads

Shrimper92

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
No, one of the few who is decent, doesn't deserve to be a National league player. Hope he gets a League club in the summer.

Would we get money if he goes being under 23?

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980
Lucky flick ons? I don't mind LJL but Hanson brings the ball down in ways LJL is incapable of and often distributes it back to midfield or out wide when LJL would have fallen over, been tackled or bundled over. I genuinely don't think Hanson is noticeably slower either? They're both slow. It's a common misconception that Hanson isn't that mobile, he gets about more than he is given credit for.

Definitely got a point on 20 games vs 40 games but I'd probably rather still have 20 games of Hanson and better options elsewhere.

Hanson is much better at holding it up and bringing players in, again very surprised that both of you don't see this. We're probably gonna have to agree to disagree on this!

Sorry have to agree with Paul, I don't know what you see in Hanson, the only thing he is better at is heading the ball, if the ball is played to feet LJL is far better, and it's much easier to distribute and bring others into play with the ball at your feet than trying to head it on.

LJL is stronger and brings others into play more often, he also gets in better positions to score than Hanson, unfortunately he misses most of them. But Hanson's goalscoring record with us isn't much better than LJL if it even is, I haven't checked, and he's missed a couple sitters too.

Bradford fans told us when we signed him he will look good till November then get injured and disappear, and that's exactly what happened.

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980
Pollock's drop off has been staggering. Ideal scenario, we release Waterfall and keep Pollock, Hewitt and Menayese but that's very unlikely. Would you be happy keeping all four of this season's CBs. As mad as it sounds, I actually would be.

No because I think we need to make as many changes as possible and build a winning side not one that's been relegated.

I would keep Hewitt because he can play in multiple positions, I'd probably keep Pollock if he was cheap because there is potential there and I'd be happy to sign Menayese but I think we need another decent first choice CB.

Waterfall can go for me, he's good in the air but I've never really rated him since he arrived.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Sorry have to agree with Paul, I don't know what you see in Hanson, the only thing he is better at is heading the ball, if the ball is played to feet LJL is far better, and it's much easier to distribute and bring others into play with the ball at your feet than trying to head it on.

LJL is stronger and brings others into play more often, he also gets in better positions to score than Hanson, unfortunately he misses most of them. But Hanson's goalscoring record with us isn't much better than LJL if it even is, I haven't checked, and he's missed a couple sitters too.

Bradford fans told us when we signed him he will look good till November then get injured and disappear, and that's exactly what happened.
By stronger, I think you mean gym stronger? He has a better physique and bigger arms but that doesn't translate to the pitch. Hanson is more of a backstreet brawler. Hanson hardly ever gets tussled off the ball, whereas LJL perhaps more down to poorer balance than strength often does.

Like I said, we're going to have to agree to disagree here as there's no way I'm having this "LJL is better with the ball played to his feet", that's just madness. Perhaps you mean that LJL drops deeper and therefore receives the ball more. As a result, he probably gets it to other Town players more but in less dangerous positions, but he also loses the ball more.

You have a point on goalscoring positions actually, Hanson doesn't get into enough. However, if he'd had a proper #9 or a goalscorer alongside him that wouldn't be an issue for me.

I don't dislike LJL, by the way. I just think Hanson is much better. Hanson is Lumpaldinhoesque, whereas LJL is a pretty run-of-the-mill lower league cart horse.

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980
So LJL drops back more to receive the ball and also gets in better goalscoring positions suggests he moves around a lot more and get involved a lot more.

That's Hanson problem he stays up there, expects the ball to be lumped up to him and then heads it on, more often than not to nobody, and what's more only for half a season as the rest he is injured.

Sorry I'd rather have LJL despite his constantly missed sitters and sometimes poor first touch. They both need a good goalscoring number 9 next to them and I believe LJL would be better.

Without checking I bet LJL has been involved in more goals since he arrived than Hanson in that time, whether that's scoring, assists or just being involved in the build up to it.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
So LJL drops back more to receive the ball and also gets in better goalscoring positions suggests he moves around a lot more and get involved a lot more.

That's Hanson problem he stays up there, expects the ball to be lumped up to him and then heads it on, more often than not to nobody, and what's more only for half a season as the rest he is injured.

Sorry I'd rather have LJL despite his constantly missed sitters and sometimes poor first touch. They both need a good goalscoring number 9 next to them and I believe LJL would be better.

Without checking I bet LJL has been involved in more goals since he arrived than Hanson in that time, whether that's scoring, assists or just being involved in the build up to it.
Hahaha yeah you've kind of got me there with that first paragraph, in all fairness. I don't know if I necessarily want LJL or any other striker dropping deep though. I like my strikers up top. We know LJL can work in a decent team, I just think it's a shame that Hanson hasn't been in a good team. And I still won't agree that LJL is better with his feet and hold up play and I think you're really downplaying how often Hanson helps us retain possession in the final third.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
"We have paid all of our VAT, PAYE and NI and are completely up to date with these payments. We have not applied for any EFL loan monies. This is in contrast to many League 2 clubs who have deferred the tax payments and others who in addition have had to take up loans. We will complete the financial year with a healthy bank balance to cover expenditure over the summer and to start rebuilding the squad. We will also have the benefit of the parachute payment to assist in this."

tldr: Move over you little weasels, Grimsby are coming to piss this tinpot league.

Also the takeover should be done tomorrow. Full board statement here:

Wooderson

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Grimsby officially Going For It by the looks

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
The new Chesterfield. Sickening.

rudebwoyben

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Right here goes

GKs
Scott Loach - furloughed, not going to stay, not treated with respect by the club

Aymen Azaze - looks an OK prospect but can't see him as a starter next season, suffered a pretty nasty facial injury on Tuesday night which will see him out for the season

DFs
Ben Richards-Everton - bizarrely signed a 2.5 year deal in January thanks to Flowers, to me he looks like a limited tackle and hoof CB and not the most disciplined, and isn't starting under Bassey, but probably an OK squad player at this level. Contracted

Liam Daly - experienced and professional CB who generally looks solid. Slow at his age and not the most technical, but he is apparently contracted for next year and he seems like the kind of leader we need around the place. Contracted

Matt Preston - has been out injured much of the time, and we haven't seen the best of him. He's been starting under Bassey and getting better. I think he should stay. Keep

Ben Nugent - one of the most incompetent CBs I've seen in a long time, has a languid style and likes to push forward out of position, but has no pace or positional intelligence. Cannot believe the number of games he has played at a higher level. Also likes to kick off at teammates when we concede, even when it's clearly his fault. Takes no responsibility. Release

Alex McQueen - allegedly a right back, but completely hopeless in that position and has no plan for defending against pace other than to just continually back off. Decent crosser, but lacks any real guile or dribbling ability in an advanced role. Release

Lee Vaughan - was highly sceptical about Flowers signing him and looked like a very desperate roll of the dice, but he's been excellent. My only concern is his age (35 in the summer) but doesn't look to be lacking in fitness and isn't slow either. Pushes forward well and positionally aware. Keep

Dwight Pascal - ex-academy right back re-signed for buttons at the start of the season, not preferred under Beadle and Flowers jettisoned him very quickly. Appears to be furloughed. Release

Sam Beard (loan) - has been outstanding since Bassey signed him on loan from Dorking. Real find. Hope Bassey can persuade him to stay. Keep

Jerome Binnom-Williams - a desperate Beadle signing when we were short on numbers in the last week or so of pre-season. Looks about two stone overweight, just here to pick up a cheque really. Release

Jack Connors - always looks better than JBW at LB to me, but never preferred to him for some reason. Probably on furlough and won't be retained. Release

Loic Hernandez - perennial 3rd/4th choice left back who we hardly ever see. Has played the equivalent of 3 whole games in 3 years. Expect us to release him, but I've expected that for the past 3 years. Release

CMs
Harry Taylor - feel sorry for the lad, good defensive midfielder at this level but we haven't helped him at all this year. I'd keep him, but I doubt he wants to stay. Keep

James Dunne - got off to a good start a couple of years ago but then got injured and has looked hopeless ever since. Was furloughed after a petulant red card a few weeks back. Won't play for us again. Release

Themis Kefalas (loan) - on loan from QPR, got off to a poor start at CB but has been excellent since being moved to CM. Bright and tenacious holding midfielder. Keep if possible

Sam Skeffington (loan) - brought in seemingly with a view to next season. Not spectacular but he has helped to bring some stability to our midfield. Keep

Wesley Fonguck - been injured most of the season but was one of the few putting in OK performances before he was ruled out. Generally he's frustrating and inconsistent, but I think he's a useful option at this level. Scores quite a few arriving into the box. Keep if fit.

Anthony Wordsworth - clearly has ability and bags of experience at a higher level, but looks to be past his best and injury prone. Release

Eliot Richards - signed by Beadle having managed him previously at Hereford. Looked good early on before tearing his ACL and meniscus, potential career ending injuries. Very unlucky, having already missed 18 months earlier in his career after being diagnosed with cancer. The decent thing to do would be to keep him around the place and work on getting him fit if possible, but I'm not sure that's how we operate anymore. Keep until fit then make a decision.

Xander McBurnie - Out of his depth at this level, seems he was signed based on his goalscoring record from midfield in the Swedish lower leagues. Not NL standard, very lightweight. I'm not sure I believe Oli when he says Xander is the better footballer. Release.

Tyrone Duffus - signed as a squad player by Beadle, now miles down the pecking order. Looked out of his depth when he played. Believe he's on furlough, won't be kept. Release.

Jack Tompkins - academy graduate given a 3 year pro deal by John Still 3 years ago. Nobody other than Still seems to rate him, and I don't think he's ever made a matchday squad outside of an injury crisis. Release

Wingers
Michael Petrasso (loan) - probably our player of the season, injury prone but when he plays his head never drops. I doubt he'll stay though as we were only able to get him due to the Canadian season being cancelled due to COVID. Keep if possible.

Ephron Mason-Clark - looked like he would fly up the leagues after his performance in the FA Cup against Brentford over 2 years ago now. Hasn't reached that level since. Capable of some great stuff, but hasn't found the extra gears he should have done. Needs a different environment elsewhere, I think. Release

Antonis Vasiliou - Bassey doesn't seem to like him but he's a quick and explosive winger out of the academy. Very raw, but deserves more time. Keep.

Forwards
JJ Hooper - reasonable finisher but very frequently looks like he'd rather be anywhere else. His attitude has been typical of much of our squad this season. Release

Alfie Pavey - Poor Alfie, things have gone from bad to worse for him during his time here. Was signed as a long term #9, but looked low on confidence, then suffered a serious injury and came back looking even more low on confidence. Now appears to be on furlough. I feel for the lad, but it's not going to work out for him here. Release

Muhammadu Faal (loan) - gangly, awkward forward who runs around a lot but seems to have very little technical ability. Bolton have it written into his loan that we could have had him permanently in January, the fact that we didn't exercise that speaks volumes. I refuse to believe that he scored nearly a goal a game at step 3, even though there is video evidence of that on Youtube. Release

Josh Walker - god knows what's going on with him, was excellent last season, has barely played this year amid rumours that he's not as injured as he claims to be. Seems like he does not want to stay, if he applies himself he should do well elsewhere. Release.

Courtney Baker-Richardson (loan) - I like him, textbook target man, holds the ball up well. Keep.

Tomi Adeloye - looked like another very questionable Flowers signing as his career history is awful on paper, but he hasn't looked too bad, though there should be better options available even as backup. Release

Phew - did I miss anyone?
If Adeloye keeps on performing like he has done since Bassey took over, we should keep him.

Jerry

Reaction score
Supports
Torquay
Amusing when clubs cite the parachute payments as some kind of bonus, they do realise that this is instead of the much larger sum they would have received if they'd stayed up don't they? Yes it's 500 grand more than the rest of us down here will get but it's still a hefty cut from what they could have had.

PaulHaddock

people person
Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
We’re not going to be flush with cash next season, I just think that we’re going to do things like providing the players with decent food rather than sandwiches and panda pop.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Amusing when clubs cite the parachute payments as some kind of bonus, they do realise that this is instead of the much larger sum they would have received if they'd stayed up don't they? Yes it's 500 grand more than the rest of us down here will get but it's still a hefty cut from what they could have had.
I think it's about a 700k loss isn't it? Pretty sure we took 1.2m in terms of "media" income on the last accounts. I can't imagine the wage budget reduction will wipe much of that out, as I think there will be several contracts, some of who will be top earners at the club, getting paid up.
We’re not going to be flush with cash next season, I just think that we’re going to do things like providing the players with decent food rather than sandwiches and panda pop.
Maybe upgrade the darts room.

Shrimpurh

Reaction score
Supports
Southend
Under Contract:
MID:
Nathan Ferguson - Has ability though lazy but I would keep
Ashley Nathaniel-George - Good at taking it past players but this is followed by god awful distribution. Keep
Harry Phillips - Kid, not seen enough
Louis Walsh - new signing, saw him start one game by PB then was dropped. Get rid.

ATT:
Simeon Akinola - Knows the league. Keep

Out of Contract:

GK:
Mark Oxley - Biggest earner. Release
Harry Seaden - Has an option for a year should probably exercise as back up keeper. Keep

DEF:
Elvis Bwomono - Has an option. Keep
Harry Kyprianou - Release
Harry Lennon - Eurgh cannot wait till he is gone. Release
Nathan Ralph - Did well for Woking at this level but injury prone. Release
Tom Clifford - Has an option which should be exercised. Keep
Shaun Hobson - Personally would keep.
John White - Legend. Keep
Sam Hart - Not good enough. Release
Richard Taylor - Has option but Release
Couple of kids not mentioned.. meh

MID:
Tim Dieng - Could probably be good at this level I'd try to keep
Jason Demetriou - Believe is retiring. Release
Terrell Egbri - Trier. Keep
Alan McCormack - Legs gone. Release
Lewis Gard - bad luck with injuries. Release
Jacob Mellis - Who? Release
Ricky Holmes - Since PB arrival looked good. A good pre-season could do some damage. Keep
Eren Kinali - Release

ATT:
Emile Acquah - Release
Greg Halford - Release
Nile Ranger - Release
Brandon Goodship - Release
Matt Rush - Option. Release

Loans:
Reeco Hackett-Fairchild (Pompey) - Send back
Kyle Taylor (Bournemouth) - I liked him wouldn't mind him back
Tyler Cordner (Bournemouth) - Been released by Bournemouth I wouldn't mind signing him.
James Olayinka (Arsenal) - Talented, not had a look in since PB been back I don't think he is fit. Needs op on groin. Would be interested once fit but sure someone in L2 will have a go.

From this list you can see where our problems lie. The defence is okay and should be able to handle itself don't mind keeping some of them but move forward and it's a shambles needs a total rework.

iesty wfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
either its because we have been down in this league for so long, or that Southend team is bobbins, but i havent heard of at least 75% of those players

Shrimpurh

Reaction score
Supports
Southend
either its because we have been down in this league for so long, or that Southend team is bobbins, but i havent heard of at least 75% of those players
11 of them are homegrown produce which does explain but "bobbins" also is totally fair.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Under Contract til 2022
Jake Bickerstaff -young striker. Doing well out on loan in WPL
Max Cleworth - young defender. Also out on loan in WPL
Jordan Ponticelli - hasnt done as well as his loan spell, seems off pace and injury prone
Jordan Davies - our best player of the second half of this season. Hopefully we can keep hold of him
Dior Angus - handful up front and chips in with goals. Linked up well with Thomas
Ryan Austin - another academy defender

Out of contract
Bobby Grant - finally we will be out of his insane auto renew contract if he decides he wants to stay. Talent wise he is better than this league, hence why he has been out on loan at L1 and L2 clubs, but his attitude stinks - Get Rid
Daniel Jarvis - good player but our current manager doesnt know what to do with him - Renew
Jay Harris - dependable but i would say we can get better - and younger - Get Rid
Rob Lainton - Mr Dependable and on his game probably one of the best in the league, but also becoming more injury prone, which was a lot of fans worries when he first signed. I would keep but we need a better number 2 to challenge his spot - Renew
Luke Young - a consistent 7/10 player. may struggle next season if we sign better players but he is worth keeping - Renew
Devonte Redmond - wasted talent, will probably slip down the leagues now - Get Rid
Shaun Pearson - Conflicted here. still does a job but again injury prone. will probably say he needs another season. if we did let go I imagine Grimsby would snap him up, but he is settled in this area now. - Renew
Jamie Reckord - touted as best LB in this league, as usual we seem to have killed his reputation. funny position to fill, but he is a downgrade from Jennings IMO - Get Rid
Christian Dibble - has done a job when called upon, but more prone to errors than most would like. time to Get Rid
Mark Carrington - another conflicting one. very handy as he is versatile, and is Mr Wrexham. i would say keep but he will probably not feature much - Renew
Paul Rutherford - according to RP - on buttons, works hard, knows the league. will be 34 next season and we can sign better - Get Rid
Reece Hall-Johnson - best right back we have had since Obeng, but that probably says more about how shit we have been as apposed to how good RHJ is. more attacking than defending hence his goal record. Renew
Theo Vassell - been solid for us - Renew
Kwame Thomas - Surprise of the season. his highest ever goalscoring season was cruelly curtailed by an ACL injury. would definitely Renew.
Fiacre Kelleher - Pearson Mk 2 - Renew
James Horsfield - hasnt featured - Get Rid
Dawid Szczepaniak - 3rd Choice Keeper, was lucky to get a contract after initially being released, but i think that was more due to the lack of games in the WPL - Get Rid
Tyler French - been a revalation since signing for us - Renew

Non Contract players - basically on trial

Gold Omatayo - different to what we currently have - worth another look in the summer
Keanu Marsh-Brown - so far, so underwhelming - let go
Chris Sang - only brief cameos so far - worth another look in the summer
Cameron Green - dont think he has even been on the bench, but has Prem U23 pedigree - worth another look in the summer
you just know Paul Rutherford will get a 1 year deal again - just before the season starts

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
It's massive amounts of pre cum from the Codheads but I'll do a bit on us as I reckon we'll try and keep most of our squad together.

Keepers

Ben Killip - much maligned and rightly so in previous years but he's been really good this season. Whether that's because our defence is much better I'm not sure, but really improved regardless. Shame he's out for the rest of season as I'm not sure his deputy, Ravas, is up to much. Keep.

Brad Young - rookie keeper hopefully off to Leicester in the summer so we can get mugged off with 50k transfer fee.

Defence

Ryan Johnson - slaughtered by Kidderminster fans. You'd think he went round raping losds of old women in Worcestershire. Signed as backup on fuck all money but been really good. No nonsense and left footed which is useful in our 3 centre half setup. Not sure he's L2 standard but if we're still here, keep.

Gary Liddle - the 34 year old oozes class and composure and is a vital member of the team bringing the ball out from the back and organising Johnson and Cass/Odusina. Keep for another year.

Timi Odusina - very promising centre half, really quick and good in the challenge but prone to losing his head and the odd error. He could be sold for a decent wedge in the future and he'll certainly have a good FL career. Keep.

David Ferguson - left back from York. Great going forward, excellent delivery a real threat. Question marks against him defensively against good wingers but obviously we'll keep him regardless of the division.

Zaine Angol - just signed him, left back. I rate him and he'll be on a 18 month deal at least so he'll be around.

Jamie Sterry - right back signed from South Shields. He's quality but I doubt we'll keep hold of him if we're still down here. If we go up I think he'd sign as he's happy here but fed up of facing you tinpotters so don't blame him.

Midfield

Nicky Featherstone - has really grown under Challinor and is technically and positionally very good. Heartbeat of the team. One of the best midfielders in non league and easily L2 level if used right. Keep.

Mark Shelton - a bit of an all rounder, can do the donkey work and get forward. Important player. Keep.

Gav Holohan - frustrates a lot but gets into great positions and knows where the net is. Seems a decent lad and functions well in our midfield 3. Keep.

Tom Crawford - not arsed on him either way. Been difficult for him to nail down a place. He'd have been better off choosing Chesterfield in the summer rather than us, although he might've been furloughed by now. Not against another year but if we're in L2 we'll need better.

Luke Molyneux - probably our best attacking player but can't get in the side as we don't play wingers. I think he's definitely L2 standard and would want to keep him.

Luke Williams - quality player but always injured. Shame as he'd be nowhere near us if he could keep fit. Will get released in the summer you'd think. Good luck to him.

Claudio Ofuso - winger that's just evaporated in a bath of hydrochloric acid. No I didn't run it. He's not that bad. Won't be kept on.

Josh Mcdonald- played about 10 minutes after signing from minnows AFC Halifax. Too big a move for him. Will be gone.

Forwards

Rhys Oates - when he re-signed everyone was underwhelmed but I knew at this level he'd be useful and so it's proved. His pace and strength is a big threat. He's done enough to get a new deal from Soup Ladle.

Mason Broomfield - big lanky target man of sorts. Decent hold up game but never had a full crack here though never looked like a goalscorer. Release.

Loans

Henrich Ravas - keeper from Derby. Has only played a few games but he's in for the rest of the season, probably, so big test of his credentials good luck to him.

Lewis Cass - defender from Newcastle . Done excellent to be honest and too good for NL. If we go up we might get another year off him. He'll be loaned out at least L1 or top end L2 level. Expect him to have a decent career.

Tom White - Blackburn midfielder. I like him but he's nicky Featherstone mk2. And they can't play together as we saw in the dreadful draw at Kings Lynn. I'd sign him if we could mind, he's good.

Luke Armstrong - Well he was the missing piece of the jigsaw. We were pissing points up the wall until he came in and scored the goals we didn't before. If we had him in August we'd be winning the league. A poacher, nowt else to his game, but I'd love us to get him on a perm and from what I know, he's up for it. Let's see.
White had a great season with us in the NL last year - runs all day - if it wasn't for David Dunn we would probably had him back on loan this season.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Right here goes

GKs
Scott Loach - furloughed, not going to stay, not treated with respect by the club

Aymen Azaze - looks an OK prospect but can't see him as a starter next season, suffered a pretty nasty facial injury on Tuesday night which will see him out for the season

DFs
Ben Richards-Everton - bizarrely signed a 2.5 year deal in January thanks to Flowers, to me he looks like a limited tackle and hoof CB and not the most disciplined, and isn't starting under Bassey, but probably an OK squad player at this level. Contracted

Liam Daly - experienced and professional CB who generally looks solid. Slow at his age and not the most technical, but he is apparently contracted for next year and he seems like the kind of leader we need around the place. Contracted

Matt Preston - has been out injured much of the time, and we haven't seen the best of him. He's been starting under Bassey and getting better. I think he should stay. Keep

Ben Nugent - one of the most incompetent CBs I've seen in a long time, has a languid style and likes to push forward out of position, but has no pace or positional intelligence. Cannot believe the number of games he has played at a higher level. Also likes to kick off at teammates when we concede, even when it's clearly his fault. Takes no responsibility. Release

Alex McQueen - allegedly a right back, but completely hopeless in that position and has no plan for defending against pace other than to just continually back off. Decent crosser, but lacks any real guile or dribbling ability in an advanced role. Release

Lee Vaughan - was highly sceptical about Flowers signing him and looked like a very desperate roll of the dice, but he's been excellent. My only concern is his age (35 in the summer) but doesn't look to be lacking in fitness and isn't slow either. Pushes forward well and positionally aware. Keep

Dwight Pascal - ex-academy right back re-signed for buttons at the start of the season, not preferred under Beadle and Flowers jettisoned him very quickly. Appears to be furloughed. Release

Sam Beard (loan) - has been outstanding since Bassey signed him on loan from Dorking. Real find. Hope Bassey can persuade him to stay. Keep

Jerome Binnom-Williams - a desperate Beadle signing when we were short on numbers in the last week or so of pre-season. Looks about two stone overweight, just here to pick up a cheque really. Release

Jack Connors - always looks better than JBW at LB to me, but never preferred to him for some reason. Probably on furlough and won't be retained. Release

Loic Hernandez - perennial 3rd/4th choice left back who we hardly ever see. Has played the equivalent of 3 whole games in 3 years. Expect us to release him, but I've expected that for the past 3 years. Release

CMs
Harry Taylor - feel sorry for the lad, good defensive midfielder at this level but we haven't helped him at all this year. I'd keep him, but I doubt he wants to stay. Keep

James Dunne - got off to a good start a couple of years ago but then got injured and has looked hopeless ever since. Was furloughed after a petulant red card a few weeks back. Won't play for us again. Release

Themis Kefalas (loan) - on loan from QPR, got off to a poor start at CB but has been excellent since being moved to CM. Bright and tenacious holding midfielder. Keep if possible

Sam Skeffington (loan) - brought in seemingly with a view to next season. Not spectacular but he has helped to bring some stability to our midfield. Keep

Wesley Fonguck - been injured most of the season but was one of the few putting in OK performances before he was ruled out. Generally he's frustrating and inconsistent, but I think he's a useful option at this level. Scores quite a few arriving into the box. Keep if fit.

Anthony Wordsworth - clearly has ability and bags of experience at a higher level, but looks to be past his best and injury prone. Release

Eliot Richards - signed by Beadle having managed him previously at Hereford. Looked good early on before tearing his ACL and meniscus, potential career ending injuries. Very unlucky, having already missed 18 months earlier in his career after being diagnosed with cancer. The decent thing to do would be to keep him around the place and work on getting him fit if possible, but I'm not sure that's how we operate anymore. Keep until fit then make a decision.

Xander McBurnie - Out of his depth at this level, seems he was signed based on his goalscoring record from midfield in the Swedish lower leagues. Not NL standard, very lightweight. I'm not sure I believe Oli when he says Xander is the better footballer. Release.

Tyrone Duffus - signed as a squad player by Beadle, now miles down the pecking order. Looked out of his depth when he played. Believe he's on furlough, won't be kept. Release.

Jack Tompkins - academy graduate given a 3 year pro deal by John Still 3 years ago. Nobody other than Still seems to rate him, and I don't think he's ever made a matchday squad outside of an injury crisis. Release

Wingers
Michael Petrasso (loan) - probably our player of the season, injury prone but when he plays his head never drops. I doubt he'll stay though as we were only able to get him due to the Canadian season being cancelled due to COVID. Keep if possible.

Ephron Mason-Clark - looked like he would fly up the leagues after his performance in the FA Cup against Brentford over 2 years ago now. Hasn't reached that level since. Capable of some great stuff, but hasn't found the extra gears he should have done. Needs a different environment elsewhere, I think. Release

Antonis Vasiliou - Bassey doesn't seem to like him but he's a quick and explosive winger out of the academy. Very raw, but deserves more time. Keep.

Forwards
JJ Hooper - reasonable finisher but very frequently looks like he'd rather be anywhere else. His attitude has been typical of much of our squad this season. Release

Alfie Pavey - Poor Alfie, things have gone from bad to worse for him during his time here. Was signed as a long term #9, but looked low on confidence, then suffered a serious injury and came back looking even more low on confidence. Now appears to be on furlough. I feel for the lad, but it's not going to work out for him here. Release

Muhammadu Faal (loan) - gangly, awkward forward who runs around a lot but seems to have very little technical ability. Bolton have it written into his loan that we could have had him permanently in January, the fact that we didn't exercise that speaks volumes. I refuse to believe that he scored nearly a goal a game at step 3, even though there is video evidence of that on Youtube. Release

Josh Walker - god knows what's going on with him, was excellent last season, has barely played this year amid rumours that he's not as injured as he claims to be. Seems like he does not want to stay, if he applies himself he should do well elsewhere. Release.

Courtney Baker-Richardson (loan) - I like him, textbook target man, holds the ball up well. Keep.

Tomi Adeloye - looked like another very questionable Flowers signing as his career history is awful on paper, but he hasn't looked too bad, though there should be better options available even as backup. Release

Phew - did I miss anyone?
want to swap Courtney Baker Richardson for Scott Loach?

#Beebot

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet, Maidenhead
want to swap Courtney Baker Richardson for Scott Loach?

We've no intention of keeping Loach and apparently he's already found another club and is training with them.

I'm surprised you can't make room for CBR, he looks like a decent target man and a useful squad player at least at L2 level.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
We've no intention of keeping Loach and apparently he's already found another club and is training with them.

I'm surprised you can't make room for CBR, he looks like a decent target man and a useful squad player at least at L2 level.
when we signed him he was injured/got injured and we loaned him out so he could get fit - i'm not sure how long his contract with us is - so it's possible he might get looked at pre-season.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
With our parachute payment hopefully we can spend some of it on a pump for the footballs instead of having to train with flat ones.

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980
Grimsby officially Going For It by the looks

We can add another 100k to our warchest as well now Peterborough have been promoted from a sell on clause!

Might be able to get a couple more balls for the training pitch now instead of a new pump

CFC91

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Currently we have 16 under contract - with Asante and Hollis long term absentees.

Currently we have:

Keepers - G Smith
Defenders - Carline, Taylor, Whittle, Gunning, Hollis, Maguire
Midfielders - Whelan, McCourt, M Smith, Rowley, Weston, Oyeleke
Strikers - Rowe, Mitchell, Asante

I think there's an argument for Kerr getting a new deal, maybe even Mandeville and Clarke being signed up but can't see many of the others being here.
There's also an argument we need more strength in every area here. The summers recruitment strategy is going to be an interesting one.

As things stand we will lose the following unless some get new deals:
Evans, Manderville, McKay, Coddington, Yarney, Buchanan, Boden, Tyson, Denton, Butterfield, J Smith, Sharman, Hutchinson, Rawson, Wharton, Kerr, Montgomery

Plus the 3 loanees - Clarke, Yussef, Dinanga

doveranddover

Reaction score
Supports
Dover Athletic
Our retained list

The following first-team players are out of contract and have left the club:

Yusif Mersin, Josh Passley, Will De Havilland, Jack Munns, Kurtis Cumberbatch, Paul Rooney, Joe Bedford, Oscar Gobern, Steven Rigg, Bilel Hinchiri, Ahkeem Rose, Omar Mussa, Marvel Expiteta, Louis Collins, Ade Azeez.

The following out-of-contract players have been offered new deals:

Sam Wood, Travis Gregory

The club has exercised an option to extend the following players contracts:

Josh Bexon, TJ Bramble, Marshall Wratten

Shrimper92

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
Let Go: Oxley, Demetriou, Lennon, Miles-Mitchell Nelson, R.Taylor, McCormack, Ranger, Klass, Benton, Stewart, Mellis, Goodship, Halford, Kinali

Return to Parent club: Taylor, Olayinka, RHF, Cordner

Take up Option: Seaden, Howard, Clifford, Osimeh, Egbri, Gard, Rush

Offer contract: White (Player/coach), Kyprianou, Ralph, Hobson, Acquah (1 year), Elvis, Dieng.

Whether they all accept is another matter. I could see Elvis and Dieng going to the EFL.

Gives us to start;

Seaden
White, Hobson, Kyprianou, Clifford, Ralph, Osimeh, Howard, Elvis
Egbri, Gard, Dieng, ANG, Ferguson
Acquah, Rush, Akinola

2 CB, GK, 2 CM, 2 W, 2 ST needed. 26 man squad.

Probably forgotten someone.

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Currently we have 16 under contract - with Asante and Hollis long term absentees.

Currently we have:

Keepers - G Smith
Defenders - Carline, Taylor, Whittle, Gunning, Hollis, Maguire
Midfielders - Whelan, McCourt, M Smith, Rowley, Weston, Oyeleke
Strikers - Rowe, Mitchell, Asante

I think there's an argument for Kerr getting a new deal, maybe even Mandeville and Clarke being signed up but can't see many of the others being here.
There's also an argument we need more strength in every area here. The summers recruitment strategy is going to be an interesting one.

As things stand we will lose the following unless some get new deals:
Evans, Manderville, McKay, Coddington, Yarney, Buchanan, Boden, Tyson, Denton, Butterfield, J Smith, Sharman, Hutchinson, Rawson, Wharton, Kerr, Montgomery

Plus the 3 loanees - Clarke, Yussef, Dinanga
I'd perhaps give this Montgomery a year as a backup, he looks useful for that if he's cheap enough. Like you I'd keep Kerr, Mandeville if he's not too expensive, probably Denton too because who doesn't love him, but my god the rest need firing from the nearest cannon. I bet there's going to be at least a dozen out with nearly that many in, but recruitment is going to have to be spot on. Of the players we've got locked in for next year, I'd say maybe 5 have made their position their own and don't need to be upgraded

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Under Contract:
MID:
Nathan Ferguson - Has ability though lazy but I would keep
Ashley Nathaniel-George - Good at taking it past players but this is followed by god awful distribution. Keep
Harry Phillips - Kid, not seen enough
Louis Walsh - new signing, saw him start one game by PB then was dropped. Get rid.

ATT:
Simeon Akinola - Knows the league. Keep

Out of Contract:

GK:
Mark Oxley - Biggest earner. Release
Harry Seaden - Has an option for a year should probably exercise as back up keeper. Keep

DEF:
Elvis Bwomono - Has an option. Keep
Harry Kyprianou - Release
Harry Lennon - Eurgh cannot wait till he is gone. Release
Nathan Ralph - Did well for Woking at this level but injury prone. Release
Tom Clifford - Has an option which should be exercised. Keep
Shaun Hobson - Personally would keep.
John White - Legend. Keep
Sam Hart - Not good enough. Release
Richard Taylor - Has option but Release
Couple of kids not mentioned.. meh

MID:
Tim Dieng - Could probably be good at this level I'd try to keep
Jason Demetriou - Believe is retiring. Release
Terrell Egbri - Trier. Keep
Alan McCormack - Legs gone. Release
Lewis Gard - bad luck with injuries. Release
Jacob Mellis - Who? Release
Ricky Holmes - Since PB arrival looked good. A good pre-season could do some damage. Keep
Eren Kinali - Release

ATT:
Emile Acquah - Release
Greg Halford - Release
Nile Ranger - Release
Brandon Goodship - Release
Matt Rush - Option. Release

Loans:
Reeco Hackett-Fairchild (Pompey) - Send back
Kyle Taylor (Bournemouth) - I liked him wouldn't mind him back
Tyler Cordner (Bournemouth) - Been released by Bournemouth I wouldn't mind signing him.
James Olayinka (Arsenal) - Talented, not had a look in since PB been back I don't think he is fit. Needs op on groin. Would be interested once fit but sure someone in L2 will have a go.

From this list you can see where our problems lie. The defence is okay and should be able to handle itself don't mind keeping some of them but move forward and it's a shambles needs a total rework.
My god, is Nile Ranger still in the game?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!