2021/22 Squads

Leewilson

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham and Redbridge
I'll give it a go.

Goalkeepers

Elliott Justham - One of, if not, the best in the league for me. Makes an outstanding save every week and has really took command of his box over the past year or two. Keep

Josh Strizavic - Backup - would need a better loan signing if Justham got injured but cheap cover. Keep

Defenders

Callum Reynolds - I really don't like him. Can look a good defender for 80-90% of a game and then through sheer cockiness or laziness will do something stupid. Wound me up when co-commentating on a Daggers/Aldershot game earlier in the season where everything he said sounded like he wanted Aldershot to win! Get Rid

Elliott Johnson - Struggled early on as a LWB before he's found his home as the LCB of a back 3. Looks excellent there but not sure he has the legs to be a full back anymore. Definitely not a wing back as McMahon discovered. Keep

Luke Croll - I really rate him but seems to have fallen out of favour under McMahon. Might be one sacrificed if we're cutting numbers. Keep

Kenny Clark - Had a horrific first half of the season where his legs had gone but looks a million times better at the heart of a back 3 where his movement isn't exposed. Keep

Andrew Eleftheriou - Strange one. Has all the tools to be an excellent full back/wing back but just lacks something. Thought he was furloughed but seems to have come back in of late. I'd probably keep as better the devil you know. Keep

Will Wright - Come on leaps and bounds this season after being re-signed just before the beginning of the season. Has made the RCB role his own. Hits a mean free kick. Keep

Liam Gordon - On loan from Bolton. Done ok but not sparkled in the way he did before getting his move from us to Bolton in the first place. May be back next season. I'd say maybe it's time to cut ties and move on. Get Rid.

Midfielders

Dean Rance - Limited but a stable presence at the base of the midfield. I feel as if he's a good player for a bottom half side but really for a team looking at pushing on, you need more to your midfield players. I'd be tempted to get rid and look for a more rounded player. Get Rid.

Sam Deering - Furloughed. Neat and energetic but only scores the occasional banger and doesn't contribute enough defensively. Needs to do more in the final third to justify playing really. He'll be on his way out. Get Rid.

Mitch Brundle - I liked him but think he's mostly been used wrong. He should be the furthest forward of a midfield three. He does not have the roundedness to play as part of a midfield two. Scores goals getting into the box late but ultimately we've not done well enough when he's been in the team. Get Rid.

Myles Weston - Very reliant on his crosses earlier in the season. A little too one dimensional when he plays although I'd be intrigued to see if revert to type should he come back in from injury as we've added more legs to the side in other positions since his absence. Keep.

Matt Robinson - McMahon froze him out early doors after a mistake against Barnet. Fans were crying for him to come back in and eventually injuries dictated that he did. Has been a revelation since. Has gone from 1 goal in 150 odd games to about 8 in 16 odd this season. Has more license to get forward and looks a superb box to box player now. Keep

George Saunders - Young and raw but there is talent there. Keep.

Harry Phipps - Needs an injury free season next year or else that's him done I think. Has a lot of ability and I see him being the one to take over from Rance. Must prove he's not made of glass however. Keep.

Mo Sagaf - Joined us very short of confidence and fitness but has really grown of late. Ashame he picked up what looks like a season ending injury. A lot to come from him next season I think. Keep

Tom Smith - Joined us from Bath midway through. I think he was Conference South POTS last year. Have only really seen him in cameos but looks to have a good engine and is very forward thinking. I want to see more. Keep

Mauro Vilhete - Already a cult hero and has made the LWB role his own. Another Jon Nurse who can play anywhere. Keep.

Saidou Khan - Another brought in midway through the season. Great energy and I think he could develop to be an excellent player. Wouldn't be surprised to see him play higher up in the future. Keep.

Joey Jones - Hard to know quite what he is. Thinks he's Pirlo when he plays midfield (and isn't) yet looks like he can offer so much more when he plays in defence. I like him but he needs to stay fit, know when to go for the 'Gerrard ball' and nail down a position. Keep

James Dobson - Outcast, hasn't been seen for over a year. Get Rid.

Forwards

Paul McCallum - Until the last 6 weeks, he had suffered a pretty miserable season but he finally looks to have hit form. Should be a menace in the box and hopefully this is the proper start of his career with us now. Keep

Angelo Balanta - Class. Can turn a game in a moment. Keep.

Darren McQueen - Pace merchant with an atrocious touch. Gets goals in the league below but doesn't look good enough at this level. Get Rid

Scott Wilson - Misses too many chances for me. Has struggled to get into the team at late but hasn't taken his opportunities when he has played. Get Rid

Adrian Clifton - Barely played. A tidy backup but have a feeling he'll be on his way. Get Rid.

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
I think Jordan Davies is now the best player in this league, off the basis that nobody has ever seen Cal Roberts play.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
I think Jordan Davies is now the best player in this league, off the basis that nobody has ever seen Cal Roberts play.

Callum Roberts is like Shrodingers cat. He may be the best player in the league, or he may be dead.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
You should be honoured, having witnessed his glorious twelve minute come back.

We’ve moved on to Rubén da Rocha Rodrigues now anyway.

Wooderson

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County

I can’t say I noticed him at all, but apparently this Davies fella played 88 minutes against us before getting subbed off for a CB despite the fact Wrexham were losing, presumably because he was in Adam Chicksen’s back pocket. Even Elliott Durrell got left on?

This was the same game where Roberts came on for 12 minutes and basically won it for us even though he has Long Covid. So there no way I am having this James Davies is the better player.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
You guys had better hope we don’t offer Matt Green a new deal because if we do he would be the best player in this league* by a million miles.

*Who’s first name is Matt and who’s second name is a colour.

East Bank Shot

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot
No idea who we’ve actually got signed on for next season, as far as I know we currently don’t have anyone. Difficult one as we’ve actually got the core of a decent side, we’ve just been horribly inconsistent which is why we’re now lower mid table.

Keep: Walker, Fowler, Kinsella, Tanner, Rees, Nouble, Miller (although I expect Rees, Nouble and Tanner will all be heading to the football league). Would also like to keep Anderson and Ogie (both on loan) but unlikely

Release: everyone else - Lyons Foster, Sendles White, Colombie, Edser, Kandi, Bettamer, McCormack, Rowe, Hines, Finney, Whittingham (expect I’ve forgotten a couple).

Also believe Searle’s contract is up at the end of this season and I’m still undecided on him after 2 years. A genuinely nice guy who cares a lot about the club but we’ve made very little progress in the last 2 years (heading for another 16th placed finish, like last season). I really want him to do well but not sure he’s cut out for National League level management.

doveranddover

Reaction score
Supports
Dover Athletic
Let Go: Oxley, Demetriou, Lennon, Miles-Mitchell Nelson, R.Taylor, McCormack, Ranger, Klass, Benton, Stewart, Mellis, Goodship, Halford, Kinali

Return to Parent club: Taylor, Olayinka, RHF, Cordner

Take up Option: Seaden, Howard, Clifford, Osimeh, Egbri, Gard, Rush

Offer contract: White (Player/coach), Kyprianou, Ralph, Hobson, Acquah (1 year), Elvis, Dieng.

Whether they all accept is another matter. I could see Elvis and Dieng going to the EFL.

Gives us to start;

Seaden
White, Hobson, Kyprianou, Clifford, Ralph, Osimeh, Howard, Elvis
Egbri, Gard, Dieng, ANG, Ferguson
Acquah, Rush, Akinola

2 CB, GK, 2 CM, 2 W, 2 ST needed. 26 man squad.

Probably forgotten someone.
if Southend start with a 26 player squad it shows that they don't know about this league i would say

doveranddover

Reaction score
Supports
Dover Athletic
I'll give it a go.

Goalkeepers

Elliott Justham - One of, if not, the best in the league for me. Makes an outstanding save every week and has really took command of his box over the past year or two. Keep

Josh Strizavic - Backup - would need a better loan signing if Justham got injured but cheap cover. Keep

Defenders

Callum Reynolds - I really don't like him. Can look a good defender for 80-90% of a game and then through sheer cockiness or laziness will do something stupid. Wound me up when co-commentating on a Daggers/Aldershot game earlier in the season where everything he said sounded like he wanted Aldershot to win! Get Rid

Elliott Johnson - Struggled early on as a LWB before he's found his home as the LCB of a back 3. Looks excellent there but not sure he has the legs to be a full back anymore. Definitely not a wing back as McMahon discovered. Keep

Luke Croll - I really rate him but seems to have fallen out of favour under McMahon. Might be one sacrificed if we're cutting numbers. Keep

Kenny Clark - Had a horrific first half of the season where his legs had gone but looks a million times better at the heart of a back 3 where his movement isn't exposed. Keep

Andrew Eleftheriou - Strange one. Has all the tools to be an excellent full back/wing back but just lacks something. Thought he was furloughed but seems to have come back in of late. I'd probably keep as better the devil you know. Keep

Will Wright - Come on leaps and bounds this season after being re-signed just before the beginning of the season. Has made the RCB role his own. Hits a mean free kick. Keep

Liam Gordon - On loan from Bolton. Done ok but not sparkled in the way he did before getting his move from us to Bolton in the first place. May be back next season. I'd say maybe it's time to cut ties and move on. Get Rid.

Midfielders

Dean Rance - Limited but a stable presence at the base of the midfield. I feel as if he's a good player for a bottom half side but really for a team looking at pushing on, you need more to your midfield players. I'd be tempted to get rid and look for a more rounded player. Get Rid.

Sam Deering - Furloughed. Neat and energetic but only scores the occasional banger and doesn't contribute enough defensively. Needs to do more in the final third to justify playing really. He'll be on his way out. Get Rid.

Mitch Brundle - I liked him but think he's mostly been used wrong. He should be the furthest forward of a midfield three. He does not have the roundedness to play as part of a midfield two. Scores goals getting into the box late but ultimately we've not done well enough when he's been in the team. Get Rid.

Myles Weston - Very reliant on his crosses earlier in the season. A little too one dimensional when he plays although I'd be intrigued to see if revert to type should he come back in from injury as we've added more legs to the side in other positions since his absence. Keep.

Matt Robinson - McMahon froze him out early doors after a mistake against Barnet. Fans were crying for him to come back in and eventually injuries dictated that he did. Has been a revelation since. Has gone from 1 goal in 150 odd games to about 8 in 16 odd this season. Has more license to get forward and looks a superb box to box player now. Keep

George Saunders - Young and raw but there is talent there. Keep.

Harry Phipps - Needs an injury free season next year or else that's him done I think. Has a lot of ability and I see him being the one to take over from Rance. Must prove he's not made of glass however. Keep.

Mo Sagaf - Joined us very short of confidence and fitness but has really grown of late. Ashame he picked up what looks like a season ending injury. A lot to come from him next season I think. Keep

Tom Smith - Joined us from Bath midway through. I think he was Conference South POTS last year. Have only really seen him in cameos but looks to have a good engine and is very forward thinking. I want to see more. Keep

Mauro Vilhete - Already a cult hero and has made the LWB role his own. Another Jon Nurse who can play anywhere. Keep.

Saidou Khan - Another brought in midway through the season. Great energy and I think he could develop to be an excellent player. Wouldn't be surprised to see him play higher up in the future. Keep.

Joey Jones - Hard to know quite what he is. Thinks he's Pirlo when he plays midfield (and isn't) yet looks like he can offer so much more when he plays in defence. I like him but he needs to stay fit, know when to go for the 'Gerrard ball' and nail down a position. Keep

James Dobson - Outcast, hasn't been seen for over a year. Get Rid.

Forwards

Paul McCallum - Until the last 6 weeks, he had suffered a pretty miserable season but he finally looks to have hit form. Should be a menace in the box and hopefully this is the proper start of his career with us now. Keep

Angelo Balanta - Class. Can turn a game in a moment. Keep.

Darren McQueen - Pace merchant with an atrocious touch. Gets goals in the league below but doesn't look good enough at this level. Get Rid

Scott Wilson - Misses too many chances for me. Has struggled to get into the team at late but hasn't taken his opportunities when he has played. Get Rid

Adrian Clifton - Barely played. A tidy backup but have a feeling he'll be on his way. Get Rid.

What happened with Brundle? he seemed to be be doing well. Heard of discontent between him & the fans?

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
I can’t say I noticed him at all, but apparently this Davies fella played 88 minutes against us before getting subbed off for a CB despite the fact Wrexham were losing, presumably because he was in Adam Chicksen’s back pocket. Even Elliott Durrell got left on?

This was the same game where Roberts came on for 12 minutes and basically won it for us even though he has Long Covid. So there no way I am having this James Davies is the better player.

take a look at these, compare them to Roberts solitary scuffed effort versus Barnet, and all these are in the last few weeks too

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
if Southend start with a 26 player squad it shows that they don't know about this league i would say
I would guess that they don’t know about this league given that they have never been in it before.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool

John Still

Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham
What happened with Brundle? he seemed to be be doing well. Heard of discontent between him & the fans?

Like Lee said played in wrong positions specially under Taylor which made him look crap, there is a good player in him but unless he’s played in the only position he can play in no point having him.

Went on a Twitter rant at some fans at 3am after scoring a winner one game and had not been seen since, furloughed I reckon but no official comment. Was our biggest earner until McCallum showed up. A team will make good use off him at this level, not sure he’s upto the high tempo pace of a game McMahon and we’ve been much better without him for the last three months.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county

iesty wfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Davies has really matured this season; when he first rejoined us in the summer he was the typical Prem U23 player - easily pushed off the ball, thought he had more time than he had etc etc. He has adapted well to the non league game, and I would be seriously concerned if we didnt get promoted next season at least, as he will be potentially yet another player who we lose for no money

He is the sort of player you can build a team around, and definitely captain material for the future. Hopefully the starring role in the Netflix doc will keep him interested here, and R&R tie him down to a decent deal quickly

Wooderson

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Best player in the league? Asante by a country mile boys

Shame he’s made of paper
take a look at these, compare them to Roberts solitary scuffed effort versus Barnet, and all these are in the last few weeks too

]

Now then English, I have had a look at soccerbase, it appears the alleged best player in the division scored just 1 goal in his first 28 games and since then has managed a few against the piss poor defending of the easybeats, can you confirm?

Hollywood Red

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
The national league team of the season should be announced soon. Let's see who is in that before we debate who the best player is.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Now then English, I have had a look at soccerbase, it appears the alleged best player in the division scored just 1 goal in his first 28 games and since then has managed a few against the piss poor defending of the easybeats, can you confirm?

he was lulling everyone into a false sense of security.

Shrimper92

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
From the sounds of our chairman and PB, who was appointed today, we're going all out for promotion first season

Kenneth Dodd

Reaction score
Supports
Chester
Best player in the league? Asante by a country mile boys

Shame he’s made of paper
He is unplayable once he gets in the mood I think prior to picking up the latest injury he has played the most consecutive games without missing one in his career,he Hardly missed a game at Gloucester and he hadn’t missed one with you until recently

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
He is unplayable once he gets in the mood I think prior to picking up the latest injury he has played the most consecutive games without missing one in his career,he Hardly missed a game at Gloucester and he hadn’t missed one with you until recently

Much like superstar galactico Cal Roberts having legs made of styrofoam eliminates him from being best in the league.

Anyway it’s Jordan Davies innit?

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Our retained list:
No major surprises. I'm hoping that we'll be paying off a big chunk of those under contract.

Phillip Day the old regime's chairman Yes Man who was sticking around to aid with the transition has now resigned:
Good riddance, merely a Fenty puppet. Unsurprised his input was needed for just over half a week.

Master D

Reaction score
Supports
The Natural Order
Is Sam Habergham still good?

Kim Mitten

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
why does Phil Brown dress like that?
Spent the last 2 and a bit years in India, he's been on a bit of a shamanistic buzz, come down and is now at total peace with floral neckerchiefs and salmon pink chinos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!