2021/22 Squads

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Dior Angus is doing quite a decent job here. Good signing from Barrow.
yep - good player..
and we all know how much you all love our other ex-player at Wrexham.... Paul Rutherford

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Did Barrow get relegated without me knowing or do you miss us that much?

We're that massive that anything we do can shape football on a worldwide basis.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Did Barrow get relegated without me knowing or do you miss us that much?
They lost home and away to us which in fairness should have resulted in an instant relegation.
Chipmunx will be along soon to remind us that they also beat champions Cheltenham home and away.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
They lost home and away to us which in fairness should have resulted in an instant relegation.
Chipmunx will be along soon to remind us that they also beat champions Cheltenham home and away.
we had to let fans of both Grimsby and Southend have some hope by letting both teams have 6 points, but you still couldn't stay up.....

East Bank Shot

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot
First signing announced for us tonight... manager Danny Searle signed a 2 year deal. Not sure how I feel about that, seems like a genuinely nice bloke who cares about the club, but hasn’t shown enough in his last 2 years to make me think we’re going to make progression. Another 2 years of mediocrity beckons.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
I would like to keep all of the Sutton squad please.

whilst it sounds like a good idea you will need a few experienced recent ex-league players coming in (how many depends on how many you have now) and will need to shift a few out. The keep them all sentiment is nice - but......

p.s Fixtures for the fresh campaign will be unveiled from 9am on Thursday 24th June

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax Town
Wouldn’t be 100% certain as to who exactly isn’t contracted for next season (definitely Maher, Hyde and Stenson and possibly Allen) and overall I don’t think we need a huge overhaul, though a lot of the "undecided" players depend upon whether we can realistically recruit better.

GOALKEEPERS
Sam Johnson- Class act, club legend. Probably had a little bit of a quieter season than usual but he's one of the best at this level and there's no way he won't be offered a contract, he said in the local paper a couple of weeks ago that he'd like to retire with us. Keep.

Harrison Davison-Hale-
Young lad signed from Hudderfield's youth setup, tends to be our regular plan o sign a released EFL youngster on a tiny wage for a season as a sub keeper. Not seen him play but will imagine he'll go. Release.

DEFENDERS

Jeff King- Improved to be a star man for us this season at RWB. Keeping Jeff will be top priority I image when contract talks commence. Keep.

Niall Maher-
Longest serving outfield player and our captain when Clarke is unavailable. Like him more as a centre-half than when occasionally used in defensive midfield. Perhaps more prone to an odd gaff than our other defenders but he's generally very solid. Keep.

Neill Byrne-
The best of our central defenders. Calm at the back but a good attacking threat as well, I've never seen a centre-half for Town go on as many dribbling runs forward as Byrne. Big fan. Keep.

Tom Bradbury-
Left-footed centre back, also been solid this season though perhaps less capable than Maher or Byrne when defending one on one. Still young enough to improve and has had a positive first season for the club. Keep.

Nathan Clarke-
Club captain and Town fan. Been a grand servant to his hometown club but splits opinion nowadays, he's 37 and we have to defend deeper when he plays due to his lack of pace. Still offers a lot when a team tries to play aerially, but is less useful when faced with speedy opposition. Also half of his passes end up going out for a throw. Wouldn't be the worst time retire or take on a coaching role. Expect the decision will be his either way, he's probably a bit vulnerable when he starts now but he's not an awful backup option if he wants another season. Undecided.

Jay Benn-
Young defender promoted from the youth team. Made a good impression pre-season and had a couple of sub appearances this year. Won't be on much, and no issue if he stays another year- he probably would've spent time on loan at Step 2/3 if the option was there. Undecided.

Danny Williams-
Thought Williams was hugely underrated for us last season but hasn't really been able to fight off Jack Senior to become first pick at LWB. Hasn't been as good this time, he's probably better going forward than Senior but less good defensively. Also managed to pick up three red cards, despite not being a particularly aggressive or dirty player. Solid enough for this level, though far from a world beater. Manages our U18s so expect him to still be around the club, though. Undecided.

Jack Senior-
Halifax lad and has probably edged Williams out to become our first choice LWB. Sound enough defensively and can pick a decent pass, though I'd love for him to back himself a bit more when he has a chance to shoot. Still only 24 and is a decent player to have as an option. Keep.

Dom Tear- L
ots of Gateshead fans has positive things to say about Dom but he's had little game time here, generally been limited to running around to put pressure in the last five minutes. Don't think he'd be a big miss if he left, though again, he's probably another young lad that would've benefitted from another spell in the NLN this season. Undecided.

MIDFIELDERS

Luke Summerfield- Best passer of the ball we've had in a long time. Quality footballer. Keep.

Martin Woods-
Generally been a positive influence on the team this season, though is less dynamic and offers less than Earing, Green or Summerfield. Still good enough for a top half side at this level, though he's 35 and I wouldn't be hugely fussed either way. Undecided.

Jack Earing-
Quality footballer, shown the benefits of spells out on loan at Farsley and Spennymoor to become our most potent attacking outlet. His contract is up and at 22 I'd expect him to get a move back into the Football League. He's well earned it, though. Keep if possible.

Kieran Green-
The most uncoordinated, graceless footballer in the league and yet he's absolutely mint. Runs all day long, loves getting stuck in and has chipped in with a couple of important goals this season. Somehow has a strange ability to control the ball perfectly with any part of his body. Improved as the season has gone on and keeping him is a no-brainer. Keep.

Kian Spence-
Youngster signed from Scarborough, started a few times though has more regularly been brought on as a sub. Can definitely see a player there, energetic, confident on the ball, though probably is still a bit too eager to impress and has picked up a few daft bookings for diving into silly challenges. Wild seems to like him and think he'll stay. Keep.

Reuben Noble-Lazarus-
Hasn't even made the bench. Feel for the lad because his injuries obviously haven't been easy for him but even when supposedly fit he's not been picked. Release.

FORWARDS

Jake Hyde- Our marquee summer signing, and has lived up to the hype. Best striker we've had at the club since Lee Gregory. Cracking finisher and is strong enough to hold the ball up well. Just gutting he's spent so much of the year out injured. Keep.

Matty Stenson-
Signed as the partner to Jake Hyde up front. Got injured in pre-season, made his way back to fitness and then did his ACL within fifteen minutes of his first league start. Nightmare season for him but he's under contract and hopefully we'll see what he can do next year. Keep.

Jamie Allen-
Frustrating, frustrating footballer. Signed as a winger but we don't play with wingers anymore, so is generally used as an out-and-out striker, or occasional wing-back. Class at running at players and has scored a couple of useful goals this season through his pace seeing him one on one, but he flaps it every time he has a decision to make and 9 times out of 10 will pick the wrong one. Probably more useful as an impact sub, though he's got the tools to be a good player at this level no doubt. Undecided.

Tahvon Campbell
(on loan from Cheltenham)- I don't mind Tav, though he's better at the defensive parts of being a striker (holding the ball up, link up play) than he is a being the man to lead a line. Wouldn't be the end of the world were he to go, but he's by no means a dreadful footballer playing alongside someone who complements him. Undecided.

MrGloverLover

Reaction score
Supports
Yeovil Town
We've still just got:

Luke Wilkinson CB
Max Hunt CB
Alex Bradley RB
Tom Knowles AM
Josh Staunton CB/DM
Joe Quigley CF

No chance of keeping Jimmy Smith now he's retiring after Saturday. Sarll has said we''ll have a smaller squad next season because of financial constraints, no parachute payments on top of everything else. I did hear a rumour that our overall budget for the season will be reduced from £750k to £550k.

Like a Glove

Reaction score
Supports
Yeovil
We've still just got:

Luke Wilkinson CB
Max Hunt CB
Alex Bradley RB
Tom Knowles AM
Josh Staunton CB/DM
Joe Quigley CF

No chance of keeping Jimmy Smith now he's retiring after Saturday. Sarll has said we''ll have a smaller squad next season because of financial constraints, no parachute payments on top of everything else. I did hear a rumour that our overall budget for the season will be reduced from £750k to £550k.
We’ve got year options on worthington and skendi that I’d expect to be activated. I’d also expect Michael Kelly to make his loan permanent now he’s been released by Bristol Rovers. Same goes for Adam Smith, although I think we could do better. I believe Ruben Reid has also signed for next season. If this all happens, I don’t think that’s a bad start.

MrGloverLover

Reaction score
Supports
Yeovil Town
We’ve got year options on worthington and skendi that I’d expect to be activated. I’d also expect Michael Kelly to make his loan permanent now he’s been released by Bristol Rovers. Same goes for Adam Smith, although I think we could do better. I believe Ruben Reid has also signed for next season. If this all happens, I don’t think that’s a bad start.
I see Charlie Lee has confirmed he's leaving. No more long throws?

MrGloverLover

Reaction score
Supports
Yeovil Town
Skendi and Matty are a must, Kelly would be useful. I like Smith so that would be good, Reid is a bit of an enigma.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
We've still just got:

Luke Wilkinson CB
Max Hunt CB
Alex Bradley RB
Tom Knowles AM
Josh Staunton CB/DM
Joe Quigley CF

How's Manny Sonupe done? I've seen he's got back in the team in recent weeks

AJS

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax
Now our season is over I’m happy to comment on what I’d do regarding retaining/releasing players.

Keep:

Sam Johnson
Jeff King (clubs will be sniffing around him though)
Jack Senior
Neill Byrne
Niall Maher
Tom Bradbury
Luke Summerfield
Kieran Green
Jack Earing (certain he’ll go)
Kian Spence
Jake Hyde

Get Rid:

Reuben Noble-Lazarus - Hasn’t played a game all season
Dom Tear - Was signed as a wingback when clearly a winger. Don’t ever see him getting regular game time here.
Martin Woods - Very average. Not a bad player, but not someone good enough for a team wanting to challenge for promotion
Danny Williams - Same as Woods

Undecided:

Nathan Clarke - Been very good for us on the whole but at 37 his legs have pretty much gone and we end up playing deeper to facilitate him. Kind of hope he retires so it takes the decision out of our hands.
Jamie Allen - Frustrating player. Has his moments but his footballing brain and decision making at times is terrible. Think he will stay as I’m pretty sure he’s under contract.
Matt Stenson - Did his ACL 15 minutes into his debut. Under contract so I’d probably edge towards keep as not really seen enough to judge.
Jay Benn - Similar to Tear. Don’t see him getting any regular game time here but came through our system. Maybe keep but loan out.
Harrison Davison-Hale - Never seen him play but would imagine he’s a cheap backup GK. Not fussed either way.

Loanees:
Tahvon Campbell - Bar his goal at Notts County, not seen enough to offer a permanent deal.
Darren Stephenson - Bar his goal today, not seen enough to offer a permanent deal.
Micah Obiero - Made one sub appearance and disappeared off the face off the earth. Highly doubt we’ll see him next season.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Though we still have playoffs to contend with this is how I see things.

Keepers

Ben Killip - Had a horrible first season, much improved this season, I'd keep him, Keep
Brad Young - Young keeper, never played for the first team despite playing for England, looks like he's off to Leicester in the summer, Keep

Defenders

David Ferguson - Excellent first season, already contracted for next year, Keep
Gary Liddle - A cool headed defender with plenty of experience, Keep
Timi Odusina - Been shaky this season, still young and time to learn, Keep
Ryan Johnson - Brough in as a backup player, been an ever present, really good player, Keep
Aaron Cunningham - Young CB, looked good when called upon, but some bad injuries have fucked him over, Release
Jamie Sterry - Far too good for this league, would love it if he stayed next season but I think he'll be heading further up the pyramid, Keep
Zaine Francis-Angol - Recent signing, can't see him ever replacing Ferguson, Release

Midfielders

Mark Shelton - He's had a really good season, full of energy and a got a little bit of narky to his play, Keep
Ryan Donaldson - I think time is up on Donaldson's career here, a move somewhere else will do him the world of good, Release
Nicky Featherstone - Makes us tick, keep at all costs, Keep
Luke Molyneux - Covid and the change of formation has snookered his game time but he has constant threat to his game, Keep
Gavan Holohan - Been a bit hit and miss for me but I'd offer him another year, Keep
Claudio Ofosu - Liked what I saw of him at the start of the season, then he just vanished into thin air, Release
Josh MacDonald - Who? Clearly not up to the standard required, Release
Luke Williams - Has the ability but is made of Styrofoam, time's up, Release
Tom Crawford - Was always a weird signing, never understood it, hasn't shown enough to break up Shelton/Holohan/Feath trio, Release

Forwards

Rhys Oates - Best season of his career, shocked most fans with his performances, Keep
Mason Bloomfield - Hasn't had a fair crack of it, but looked lumbering when he has, Release
Joe Grey - Upcoming young talent, already contracted for next season, Keep
Danny Elliot - Like what I've saw from him, would offer him a deal, Keep

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Though we still have playoffs to contend with this is how I see things.

Keepers

Ben Killip - Had a horrible first season, much improved this season, I'd keep him, Keep
Brad Young - Young keeper, never played for the first team despite playing for England, looks like he's off to Leicester in the summer, Keep

Defenders

David Ferguson - Excellent first season, already contracted for next year, Keep
Gary Liddle - A cool headed defender with plenty of experience, Keep
Timi Odusina - Been shaky this season, still young and time to learn, Keep
Ryan Johnson - Brough in as a backup player, been an ever present, really good player, Keep
Aaron Cunningham - Young CB, looked good when called upon, but some bad injuries have fucked him over, Release
Jamie Sterry - Far too good for this league, would love it if he stayed next season but I think he'll be heading further up the pyramid, Keep
Zaine Francis-Angol - Recent signing, can't see him ever replacing Ferguson, Release

Midfielders

Mark Shelton - He's had a really good season, full of energy and a got a little bit of narky to his play, Keep
Ryan Donaldson - I think time is up on Donaldson's career here, a move somewhere else will do him the world of good, Release
Nicky Featherstone - Makes us tick, keep at all costs, Keep
Luke Molyneux - Covid and the change of formation has snookered his game time but he has constant threat to his game, Keep
Gavan Holohan - Been a bit hit and miss for me but I'd offer him another year, Keep
Claudio Ofosu - Liked what I saw of him at the start of the season, then he just vanished into thin air, Release
Josh MacDonald - Who? Clearly not up to the standard required, Release
Luke Williams - Has the ability but is made of Styrofoam, time's up, Release
Tom Crawford - Was always a weird signing, never understood it, hasn't shown enough to break up Shelton/Holohan/Feath trio, Release

Forwards

Rhys Oates - Best season of his career, shocked most fans with his performances, Keep
Mason Bloomfield - Hasn't had a fair crack of it, but looked lumbering when he has, Release
Joe Grey - Upcoming young talent, already contracted for next season, Keep
Danny Elliot - Like what I've saw from him, would offer him a deal, Keep

Agree with all of that but might keep Angol if he's on a low wage as backup. Doubt he would be though and as you say he's not better than Ferguson

MrGloverLover

Reaction score
Supports
Yeovil Town
Confirmation in Sarll's post-match interview today that we won't issue a retained/released list. As he says why would you want to highlight someone losing their job?

#Beebot

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet, Maidenhead
Confirmation in Sarll's post-match interview today that we won't issue a retained/released list. As he says why would you want to highlight someone losing their job?

I can see why you might think this is the right way to go, especially after the death of Lee Collins, but it's never been about trying to embarrass players, it's simply to keep everyone informed of who still plays for the club and who doesn't.

Wooderson

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
I can see why you might think this is the right way to go, especially after the death of Lee Collins, but it's never been about trying to embarrass players, it's simply to keep everyone informed of who still plays for the club and who doesn't.

Doesn’t it also alert other clubs of who is available?

JaredSUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United FC
Twitter
@suttonjared
Don’t you want to stay up next season?
We may need more centre backs as we didn’t have an actual centre back during the 2nd half of yesterday’s game.

There were at least 3 players yesterday I forgot were even at the club tbh.

springerbfc

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
We may need more centre backs as we didn’t have an actual centre back during the 2nd half of yesterday’s game.

There were at least 3 players yesterday I forgot were even at the club tbh.
You should be under no illusions - you will need to strengthen if you are to avoid a struggle next season.

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
I would like to keep all of the Sutton squad please.
Roughly, how much will it cost you to be EFL compliant next year? Will this detrimentally affect your ability to bring in the wise old heads you will need?

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
You should be under no illusions - you will need to strengthen if you are to avoid a struggle next season.
Yep it is a much tougher league than people think, we managed to finish bottom of it with a reported playing budget of 1.6M last season.

JaredSUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United FC
Twitter
@suttonjared

With 2 prior promotions in the last decade I’m sure we know what we need to adapt to a higher level.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Sutton will be fine I reckon. Barrow were the biggest chance of a team coming straight back down for ages and even they managed to stay up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!