2022/2023 National League North

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Big heads up to all the supporters that braved that weather today it was absolutely pissing it down.

Overall happy with that result, was thinking when Boston took the lead they'd have gone on and chalked up their first victory of the season at our expense.

First half wasn't all that pretty after going 1-0 down to a soft penalty, 'and probably a dubious sending off from another dodgy referee in the second half (especially when he looked over at the linesman on one of our goals) helped our cause'.

I thought after the sending off we changed gears and started taking them apart with some great football in the wet conditions. Beck's goal was a beauty, and we seem to be having a bit of good fortune with another deflected goal. I do get the impression that there's more to come from Darlo.
The referees seem to be getting worse season on season. Maybe time to get more women in.

Quakerz

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
Big heads up to all the supporters that braved that weather today it was absolutely pissing it down.

Overall happy with that result, was thinking when Boston took the lead they'd have gone on and chalked up their first victory of the season at our expense.

First half wasn't all that pretty after going 1-0 down to a soft penalty, 'and probably a dubious sending off from another dodgy referee in the second half (especially when he looked over at the linesman on one of our goals) helped our cause'.

I thought after the sending off we changed gears and started taking them apart with some great football in the wet conditions. Beck's goal was a beauty, and we seem to be having a bit of good fortune with another deflected goal. I do get the impression that there's more to come from Darlo.
Beck has been absolute quality this season so far, he's a fucking monster.

Far better than he was when he played for us 5 years ago, and to be fair he wasn't bad then either.

This team has several more gears to go through, although some results have been a bit disappointing I'm super excited for the first time in years.

Farsley Arkan

Reaction score
Supports
Farsley Celtic Blue Army
Well, we didnt play well yesterday at all. A few looked tired which is worrying at this stage of the season. Can't say scarbro impressed me (the first goal was a very wayward shot prodded in by the right back Wedji. Second was a decent finish). The ref WAS V V Poor however and let their centre halfs dictate to him, for some reason. Foul ref. No foul there ... and he went along with it. Wedji was last man when committing a foul on the edge of the box late on in the 1st half. Yellow card given- wrong decision again. Would have been a different game if reffed fairly and we had a half against 10 men. A lot of their fouls he just missed/didnt give. Every celtic tackle was a yellow card. The 4th goal they scored was A Good effort, mind you. Still think we'll finish above them, but what Scarb did do was pick up the 2nd balls and nicked bits n pieces at important times. They travelled in good numbers but then I suppose it IS their local derby.

Farsley Arkan

Reaction score
Supports
Farsley Celtic Blue Army
Did I mention how absolutely awful the ref was at Throstle Nest yesterday?? Oh yes, I had done. Worth emphasising tho'.......:dk:

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
The referees seem to be getting worse season on season. Maybe time to get more women in.

Astonishes me how bad the standard of refereeing has been this season. It's as if they know themselves if they have the decency to look at the footage from the match they've refereed on the day. I've seen one or two women in charge of our home games before and they were quality.

Reaction score
Supports
Boston United

Hallelujah as far as Mr. Cox is concerned. Let's see how Mr. Culverhouse goes. Maybe a return to the club now for the legend that is Paul Bastock?? Bazza has been Culverhouse's assistant elsewhere and, of course, one of the hospitality boxes at the new stadium is named after Bastock.

TonyM

Reaction score
Supports
King's Lynn

Hallelujah as far as Mr. Cox is concerned. Let's see how Mr. Culverhouse goes. Maybe a return to the club now for the legend that is Paul Bastock?? Bazza has been Culverhouse's assistant elsewhere and, of course, one of the hospitality boxes at the new stadium is named after Bastock.

Good appointment for Boston, although whether Culverhouse (and Bastock now confirmed) can do much about this season remains to be seen but don't expect to see you in the bottom half come the end of the campaign. Adds a bit of spice to the festive fixtures although I don't have anything but admiration for IC and what he did for us, however difficult the ending turned out to be.

Minstermen central

Reaction score
Supports
York City

Boston fans must feel like they have won the lottery,getting rid of that useless dinosaur Cox for a manager that actually passes the ball on the ground.
Even at this level Cox system is in the dark ages.

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Damn. Was hoping Boston would keep fox a few more weeks seen as they are away at my second team, Lichfield city in the fa cup. Probably be a comfortable win now with a new manager and new ideas.
Pitch is 4g by the way.

David Curries Mullet

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Good win at BPA last night - 2 more for Mark Beck. Been immense this season. On to Saturday, and hopefully put right our earlier performance at Southport.

Swedes

Reaction score
Supports
Southport
Chester 1-0 Southport

A lot of effort from us first half but no quality. Second half was even less quality, and the inability to defend a ball into the box (again). Standard defeat for us at Chester, but is doesn't disguise how lacking we have been recently. We're in big trouble

Clem Fandango

Reaction score
Supports
Gloucester City
Our topsy turvy season continues, going into the game tonight we had Dawson, McClure, James, Digie and Nugent all out injured and had signed 2 loan players (Ollie Hulbert being one of them). Wasn't overly confident. But first half we swept Telford aside, 2 up at the break but should have been 4 or 5. Second half we played like we'd already won it and Telford had a lot of the ball, thankfully for us they did very little with it. Danny King then won it with a good solo effort for 3 nil. We'll probably now follow that up with a big defeat at Hungerford in the Cup on Saturday given how this season has been.

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Chester 1-0 Southport

A lot of effort from us first half but no quality. Second half was even less quality, and the inability to defend a ball into the box (again). Standard defeat for us at Chester, but is doesn't disguise how lacking we have been recently. We're in big trouble
Noticeable thing for me that was despite how well you we're doing first half Tyrer in goal for us didn't actually have that much to do. But you looked good at times particularly first half. Lost something when Bainbridge went off perhaps although probably had to be done before he got himself sent off.

We were awful first half but improved a bit once Kev Roberts came on and played out of position in midfield second half. We just got the job done, Hall & Willoughby up front just seem to have a habit of popping up even if not at their best. Seems like a few players are close to returning from injury soon and Thomas and Lynch only have one game left of their suspensions.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Monday 12 September 2022 National League North result

Att. 705 - Bradford (Park Avenue) 1 Darlington 3

Tuesday 13 September 2022 National League North results

Att. 526 - Blyth Spartans 1 Farsley Celtic 1
Att. 1,450 - Boston United 3 Buxton 0
Att. 562 - Brackley Town 2 Hereford 1
Att. 1,714 - Chester 1 Southport 0
Att. 611 - Gloucester City 3 AFC Telford United 0
Att. 2,148 - Kidderminster Harriers 0 AFC Fylde 0
Att. 714 - King's Lynn Town 3 Banbury United 2
Att. n/a - Leamington 1 Kettering Town 0
Att. n/a - Peterborough Sports 3 Banbury United 2
Att. 1,629 - Scarborough Athletic 3 Chorley 2
Att. 1,201 - Spennymoor Town 0 Curzon Ashton 0

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Our win at Bradford on Monday night we were far too superior all over the park.

Great performance from the lads, with as always the mighty Beck excellent up front Bradford couldn't handle him. I thought Sukar had a good game and is massively improving with every match.

Quick mention for our new signing Captain Barbosa he came on for about the last 10 minutes and looked pretty decent. As for Bradford they were very poor I think It's gonna be a long hard season for their fans.

Shame like the grub is top notch, and a much better clubhouse than our's for a few beers.

Great support from the Quakers as always looked a decent following for a night match.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
Good away point for curzon but from how it sounded we should have got 3 points creating afew great chances which didn’t go in.

Been a better few weeks we seem to create more in recent games maybe players starting to click.

Tough two weeks coming up a huge manc derby away at fcum in the fa cup which is one of them non league local games which does have an edge to it (a lot of history with big games) then home games vs kings lynn and Scarborough.

Nothing to lose games can sides in great form at home………usually are the home games Curzon thrive at.

TonyM

Reaction score
Supports
King's Lynn
Funny game at the Walks, Alfreton battled well first half but seemed to want to kill the game even at one down and we were good for the two goal lead at the break, second half they came out more positive and pegged it back to 2-2. We then struggled to break them down but a change in formation did the trick with Stephens capping off a good evening with his second from close range.

Swedes

Reaction score
Supports
Southport
Noticeable thing for me that was despite how well you we're doing first half Tyrer in goal for us didn't actually have that much to do. But you looked good at times particularly first half. Lost something when Bainbridge went off perhaps although probably had to be done before he got himself sent off.

We were awful first half but improved a bit once Kev Roberts came on and played out of position in midfield second half. We just got the job done, Hall & Willoughby up front just seem to have a habit of popping up even if not at their best. Seems like a few players are close to returning from injury soon and Thomas and Lynch only have one game left of their suspensions.

The referee had a shocker. Bainbridge could have walked for his foul, completely understand why we had to take him off but that contributed to us losing control in midfield as his replacement Munro just isn't the same type of player (think a poor man's Declan Weeks). You should have had a penalty in the first half too, Hall was booked for diving when it was one of the most blatant fouls you'll see. I think the referee tried to make amends for it by giving us nothing in the second half.

We need reinforcements quickly. We've won 3 out of our last 22 and it doesn't look like improving. We've also only scored in 3 matches so far this season, and not testing your keeper last night was quite typical of us for this season so far.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
The referee had a shocker. Bainbridge could have walked for his foul, completely understand why we had to take him off but that contributed to us losing control in midfield as his replacement Munro just isn't the same type of player (think a poor man's Declan Weeks). You should have had a penalty in the first half too, Hall was booked for diving when it was one of the most blatant fouls you'll see. I think the referee tried to make amends for it by giving us nothing in the second half.

We need reinforcements quickly. We've won 3 out of our last 22 and it doesn't look like improving. We've also only scored in 3 matches so far this season, and not testing your keeper last night was quite typical of us for this season so far.
Thanks for your honesty. We've had some appalling refs at the Deva this season and probably cost us 5 points. The standard is dropping year by year, but the league buries its head in the stand. Probably need to recruit more women, who by and large are better.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Interesting game against Fylde, first 20-30 minutes they were on top after that we got a foothold and started to dominate possession and create more but Fylde looked like they would be lethal on the counter so we couldn't go all out. Neither side created a great chance as I don't think either wanted to lose really.

If you can nullify Haughton I do think you stop a lot of Fyldes creativity but he's that good he's going to still to get 1 or 2 chances which thankfully were off target.

Anybody else noticed the standard of referees this season has dropped significantly. I know they've not been great normally but I don't think we've had 1 good ref this season.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Interesting game against Fylde, first 20-30 minutes they were on top after that we got a foothold and started to dominate possession and create more but Fylde looked like they would be lethal on the counter so we couldn't go all out. Neither side created a great chance as I don't think either wanted to lose really.

If you can nullify Haughton I do think you stop a lot of Fyldes creativity but he's that good he's going to still to get 1 or 2 chances which thankfully were off target.

Anybody else noticed the standard of referees this season has dropped significantly. I know they've not been great normally but I don't think we've had 1 good ref this season.
Yes, the refereeing at our games has been appalling so far this season and people say that it evens out over the season, but I think most Chester fans will agree that we have been robbed of 5 points this season. Look forward to a few decisions going our way. Can't remember the last time we have a penalty and have been denied probably 3 this season so far.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Top of the league at home for curzon today, hoping to go but struggle to make games currently.

Nothing to lose game, used to be the ones curzon thrived at so we will see.

Recent form much better, hammered Gloucester and won, should easily have won at spennymoor then won at fcum a side we never beat.

Would say to have a chance we need to score two goals today they score goals across the park

Clem Fandango

Reaction score
Supports
Gloucester City
Same.old.

Absolute trash again today, not a single shot on goal. We win a game, then lose a few. It's ridiculous now. 13 games won out of 44 League games under Mansell. We're going nowhere under him sadly. Fully expect a defeat at Banbury and probably a club statement to follow. Hope they surprise me....

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Buxton 0-0 Chester

Very little happened. Both sides had one really good chance each in the second half. Looks as if we have lost Hall for a bit though to injury, another to add to the list.

At least we seem capable of picking points up away from home nowadays. Not something we've done well for a while.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Saturday 24 September 2022 National League North results

Att. n/a - AFC Fylde 3 Bradford (Park Avenue) 1
Att. 949 - AFC Telford United 1 Boston United 2
Att. 444 - Alfreton Town 1 Brackley Town 0
Att. 1,204 - Banbury United 2 Scarborough Athletic 1
Att. 1,217 - Buxton 0 Chester 0
Att. 1,375 - Chorley 3 Gloucester City 0
Att. 508 - Curzon Ashton 1 King's Lynn Town 1
Att. 1,600 - Darlington 2 Peterborough Sports 0
Att. 568 - Farsley Celtic 2 Spennymoor Town 2
Att. 1,908 - Hereford 3 Blyth Spartans 0
Att. 851 - Kettering Town 0 Kidderminster Harriers 3
Att. 929 - Southport 1 Leamington 0

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Once again it was all about the man of the moment with another man of the match performance in Mark Beck who was unlucky not to grab another hatrick with a slightly unfortuanate offside goal.

I thought Peterborough Sports were a decent footballing side that had us on the ropes on a few occasions. I thought we took the lead against the run of play with a sublime cross from Felix the cat.

I would say Peterborough Sports have been one of the better teams that we've bumped into this season.

All in all a tough game, a decent display and a good 3 points. Moke and Hazel went off injured lets hope it's nothing to serious. And it was good to see Wheater back!

Prodigal

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley
Same.old.

Absolute trash again today, not a single shot on goal. We win a game, then lose a few. It's ridiculous now. 13 games won out of 44 League games under Mansell. We're going nowhere under him sadly. Fully expect a defeat at Banbury and probably a club statement to follow. Hope they surprise me....
I thought you defended quite well first half but didnt offer a threat going forward, I suppose it was inevitable that we would score at some point, so 2 quick goals killed you off completely, could have been more than 3 at the end.
We do seem to have found some rhythm, is it a couple evidence that our better performances come when Sampson is out injured I think not!

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Bloody good point yesterday for Curzon but Kings Lynn must wonder how it wasn’t 3

I’ll say it now, I cannot see past Kings Lynn for the title. I have not in my time at this level seen a side which looks as solid and useful all across the park…….cannot see many keeping up with them unless they hit an injury crisis.

Their two forwards are extremely hard to deal with which makes it hard to cope when they go forward. Still we have it a good go and nearly got the 3 points.

I felt we only had one area we were at effective as them which was midfield and first half we used that well, we dominated the possession and play, but created not a single real chance from it, while they had 2-3 good opportunities from less of the ball.

Second half they upped game or we got tired and dominated, our goalie pulled off numerous superb stops all half. Amazingly we got lead from a rare counter breaking into box where goalie had two options of pulling player down or letting player round him……he pulled player down, always think goalies should let player round them since half the time they miss from tighter angles.

That fired up KL even more and we got battered for a while but held on for that period and started to get back the ball when unlucky for us they scored, just got chance and top class save rebound chance to another top class save then rebound and in…..never
Got the ball out.

After that we frankly just held on through
More good stops but did get a couple of breaks one late on seen a ball across face of goal but runners too late.

Well earned point for our effort but they were a lot better than us, doubt I will see better.

Just wish our manager had changed it at 1-1 and not been cowardly, but managers never do thesedays, won’t make subs until their winner happens because they are worried changes will lose them game…..yet we just held on by good saves and luck than tactics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!