2022/2023 National League North

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Can only apologise to Brackley fans about those morons at the end of the game, absolute idiots and can only hope that they are identified and caught and we never see them again. Really don’t know what goes through some peoples minds. Gutting that the club have done so well in many respects this season and then you get people like that turning up for the big game and behave the way they did.

On the game itself we never got going really, did have a few decent chances but it did feel like one goal would settle it. Didn’t get the ball down and keep hold of it, in the air far too much and that suited Brackley. Probably wrong team selection as well, easy to say with hindsight but definitely think Kenyon should have played, needed his experience and composure. Anyway, good luck to Brackley next week, certainly no complaints and maybe they’ll do it when people least expected them to after all these goes at it in the past few years?

Kenneth Dodd

Reaction score
Supports
Chester
Can`t get on to the CFC forum, so will use this. I counted 100-150 nutters at the end, in front of the Brackley section. The thin blue line held, saw tasers in action, then some of them tried to ambush the Brackley "pensioners" on the way out. Agree that it is that 3-4% of the 4,400, but it`s enough to worry Chester FC. Some would be hangers on for the day (Manchester/ Liverpool maybe), same old issue, too much booze, a defeat that wasn`t expected. inability to handle, need to lash out. No time for a fuller social anthropological analysis, we all know the stereotype.

Chester are ex League, big population, expectation that they are "better" and should win a game like. Brackley are a non league club, family atmosphere - yes, a handle of youth who think they have to behave like big time Charlies, but generally a game at SJP is safe, the matchday experience is good, and the football has certainly been good over the last few seasons. Ironic to be in our first PlayOff final since 2018, with arguably the weakest squad, although after yesterday, I`m less sure about that.

The game itself. Trying to be objective, I thought we were the better side, worked Tyrer a lot more than Chester worked Lewis. Kept the ball better, managed the game, defended for their lives, and fully deserved the win. Chester seemed overawed, clearly a good side who have had a good season, but the occasion and expectation got to them yesterday. Thought they were poor.
Can’t argue with your summary of the game we just didn’t turn up, best wishes in the final.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Well done Brackley and Kiddy. By all accounts the Chester dickheads kicked off again
There were enough police on site to prevent those 1 game a season dickheads from doing what they did, but the consensus is that the police are unfit for purpose. Sitting in their vans instead of using intel to nip it before it happened. We used to have a dedicated policeman who knew the score and would have stopped that.

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
600, it was a shambles as well. 4 porta loos and kids serving food and drink out of one hatch which took forever. Hopefully they've reviewed it since then
I wouldn't get your hopes up on that front.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
It's going to be a tricky one for tickets on Sunday. We have 1000 season ticket holders alone and the rumours are we're getting 700 tickets. Plenty of fans go to loads of games without a season ticket.

Going to be plenty of disappointed fans when they are released

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
It's going to be a tricky one for tickets on Sunday. We have 1000 season ticket holders alone and the rumours are we're getting 700 tickets. Plenty of fans go to loads of games without a season ticket.

Going to be plenty of disappointed fans when they are released

700 tickets confirmed. Season ticket holders get priority and our social media responses have gone into meltdown. Very over the top and attacking the club for providing the best solution in a situation out of their control.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Got my ticket for Sunday. Tickets went on sale at 6pm. Saw there was an online queue which I joined at 25 past 5 and was ticket number 120 when I got mine. Apparently 600 had gone by 20 past 6

hardbutfair

Reaction score
Supports
brackley
Got my ticket for Sunday. Tickets went on sale at 6pm. Saw there was an online queue which I joined at 25 past 5 and was ticket number 120 when I got mine. Apparently 600 had gone by 20 past 6

Found this on a Football League Safety Officers site.

"1.3 Capacity

The stadium must have a minimum capacity of 4,000 spectators, including the seated spectators, as certified by the local authority or calculated by a competent person, in accordance with the “Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds”, (Green Guide) current edition at the time of inspection, with the potential to achieve a capacity of 5,000 in the future. The Football Association and the Football Conference reserve the right to appoint a suitably qualified person to review and, if found necessary, amend the capacity figure."

I have some sympathy with Harriers fans, although the 700 is still higher than the mandatory 15% Away allocation. I have no connection with Brackley other than watching them, but I suspect that the events of Sunday may have played some part in the 1000 reduction (and also the absence of booze sales to the Away fans!). I have been to SJP when 1900 squeezed in to previous play off games, which was tight enough, so fascinated to see what 2500-3000 feels like. There is a solution to this of course, Harriers fans, which is win the League next year (if you are still in it by Sunday evening), or finish 2nd to ensure Home Advantage throughout the Play Offs.

Certainly enthused by last Sunday, with the best all round Brackley performance for weeks/ months. Kiddie in great form, so should be a very interesting afternoon. For what it is worth, I think this is too close to call.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Found this on a Football League Safety Officers site.

"1.3 Capacity

The stadium must have a minimum capacity of 4,000 spectators, including the seated spectators, as certified by the local authority or calculated by a competent person, in accordance with the “Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds”, (Green Guide) current edition at the time of inspection, with the potential to achieve a capacity of 5,000 in the future. The Football Association and the Football Conference reserve the right to appoint a suitably qualified person to review and, if found necessary, amend the capacity figure."

I have some sympathy with Harriers fans, although the 700 is still higher than the mandatory 15% Away allocation. I have no connection with Brackley other than watching them, but I suspect that the events of Sunday may have played some part in the 1000 reduction (and also the absence of booze sales to the Away fans!). I have been to SJP when 1900 squeezed in to previous play off games, which was tight enough, so fascinated to see what 2500-3000 feels like. There is a solution to this of course, Harriers fans, which is win the League next year (if you are still in it by Sunday evening), or finish 2nd to ensure Home Advantage throughout the Play Offs.

Certainly enthused by last Sunday, with the best all round Brackley performance for weeks/ months. Kiddie in great form, so should be a very interesting afternoon. For what it is worth, I think this is too close to call.

I'm not one who's overreacting really. I'm a season ticket holder and the ones missing out aren't. It's well known being a season ticket holder with us gets you benefits throughout the season like this.

It was the same with the Reading and West Ham games past year. Of course we could probably take close to 1500 but we had 600 last year and it was a tight squeeze then.

Apparently Harriers dug there feet in to get 700 so on our side we've done everything we can but the reaction has been insane.

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
I'm not one who's overreacting really. I'm a season ticket holder and the ones missing out aren't. It's well known being a season ticket holder with us gets you benefits throughout the season like this.

It was the same with the Reading and West Ham games past year. Of course we could probably take close to 1500 but we had 600 last year and it was a tight squeeze then.

Apparently Harriers dug there feet in to get 700 so on our side we've done everything we can but the reaction has been insane.
We reduced the capacity to 3000 I'm pretty sure in the Halifax Playoff Final 6 or 7 years back. The '4000' capacity seems somewhat dubious if everytime it looks like being filled you reduce it to 3000. I guess it could technically be 4000 if all the fans from both sides were best friends... but you're always going to need segregation with bigger crowds.

Realistically everything we do is going to look tin pot compared to an ex-league club and stadium. We're a town of 12,000 people, and our stadium is more than enough for 99% of matches, so building the infrastructure for bigger is unrealistic.

To be fair I haven't heard Kiddy slagging us off (?), but Halifax did back in the day. My answer would be that if you get yourself relegated to a tinpot (for you) league (its 'billy big b*llocks' for us) then you get what you get.

Am very worried about Kiddy's 9 match in a row winning streak. And Shane Byrne scoring the winner.

Ho hum.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
We reduced the capacity to 3000 I'm pretty sure in the Halifax Playoff Final 6 or 7 years back. The '4000' capacity seems somewhat dubious if everytime it looks like being filled you reduce it to 3000. I guess it could technically be 4000 if all the fans from both sides were best friends... but you're always going to need segregation with bigger crowds.

Realistically everything we do is going to look tin pot compared to an ex-league club and stadium. We're a town of 12,000 people, and our stadium is more than enough for 99% of matches, so building the infrastructure for bigger is unrealistic.

To be fair I haven't heard Kiddy slagging us off (?), but Halifax did back in the day. My answer would be that if you get yourself relegated to a tinpot (for you) league (its 'billy big b*llocks' for us) then you get what you get.

Am very worried about Kiddy's 9 match in a row winning streak. And Shane Byrne scoring the winner.

Ho hum.

It's strange we've yet to win a playoff round before this year. And Brackley are known for not winning the playoffs. Ultimately if we'd been half decent at any point between August and the end of march we'd have been at least 4th but we weren't and left it too late to get a home tie.

But Harriers fans have definitely been complaining on twitter and Facebook.

We're definitely the form team but our record at Brackley is horrendous. 1 win and that was in a season that wasn't even completed completed so really we've never won.

I'm scared Danny Lewis and Matt Preston will have stormers. Or Agent Preston will throw the game and sign for us on Monday

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
It's strange we've yet to win a playoff round before this year. And Brackley are known for not winning the playoffs. Ultimately if we'd been half decent at any point between August and the end of march we'd have been at least 4th but we weren't and left it too late to get a home tie.

But Harriers fans have definitely been complaining on twitter and Facebook.

We're definitely the form team but our record at Brackley is horrendous. 1 win and that was in a season that wasn't even completed completed so really we've never won.

I'm scared Danny Lewis and Matt Preston will have stormers. Or Agent Preston will throw the game and sign for us on Monday
If 15% is the mandatory away ticket allocation, then even at 4000 capacity you'd be entitled to less than 700 tickets... so I hope the Kiddy fans are not complaining about Brackley giving them that allocation?

Home tickets sold out last night. An emailed link system to buy tickets online for regular fans was acknowledged by the club to be 'hit and miss' - mine never arrived. At the ground, two volunteers selling tickets in person and a rather convoluted buying system, made for big queues last night. Understandable we're not set up for this sort of thing, but a little bit shambolic nevertheless.

Clem Fandango

Reaction score
Supports
Gloucester City
Steven King has left City, not a big surprise. The Hungerford duo have now come in and said we're going part time (from hybrid). Would hope we retain 6 or 7 players. Expect most of the King ones will go, despite results many of them were a mixed bag to be fair.

Interesting times ahead...

Reaction score
Supports
Spennymoor Town
Well retained players lists have coming out for some clubs so far

For Spennymoor - 9 Players under contract so they are staying for this season, 8 players in talks for a new contract, 6 players have been released and 3 players have gone back to their parent clubs (loan players)

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
I was reading the Peterborough Sports chairman recieved a letter from the Football Association confirming that they have passed the ground upgrade inspection and therefore they retain there place in the National League North.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Our Boost the Budget has continued it's excellent start by sailing past the halfway mark!

£80,000 mark passed - 90k next let's go Quakers!

Fantastic effort!

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
Good luck to both teams in the final today hope it’s decided fairly on the day and not by a dodgy decision .

Solihull Mooron

Reaction score
Supports
Solihull Moors
Looking forward to this one. Good to see the Step 6 playoff finals on BT Sport.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Big mixup at the back there from Brackley to let Kiddy in for the opener. Been mostly Brackley before that as well.

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
Kidderminster complete one of the great ends of the season to gain promotion.

Congratulations to them .

hardbutfair

Reaction score
Supports
brackley
Kidderminster complete one of the great ends of the season to gain promotion.

Congratulations to them .
Congrats to Kiddie - pretty even first half, bizarre goal, flukey bounce and finished via a deflection. Second half they grew into the game, good second after some porous defending, and were good winners.

If anybody is interested, end of an era at SJP. Remaining 2018 Trophy winning side guys may all retire or move, half of today`s squad were on loan or short term contracts. Rebuild needed, once a manager is in place. Terrible time to have gone up anyway, rudderless and no time to have re-steered. Better squads than this one have lost in the playoffs (odd stat, bar Harrogate back in 2018, every PO defeat has been at home, very bizarre).

Football - a joy. Great achievement by near neighbours Oxford City, I thought. Stops them being shunted northwards.

Andy Harrier

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Incredible. On the 21st March, we were 14th and closer in terms of points to the relegation zone than the play offs. The end of this season has been utterly remarkable. We've had technically better squads than this one, but this group seems to have some steel and some grit to it. We have an atrocious record at Brackley before today, but as soon as we scored our first fortuitous goal today, it felt like it was over. Brackley had some chances, with Morrison making a huge block late on but it just didn't feel like we'd concede today.

Fyldefan

Reaction score
Supports
Afc fylde
Well done Kiddy. See you next season

lecks180

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
My head is an absolute mess this morning. This club is something else. WEEE ARREEEE GOOOOINNNN UP!!!!

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
What a day. 9 wins in a row written off at the end of march. Unbelievable turnaround.

We started poorly as well yesterday, rare defensive mistake from Brackley let's us score and much like the Alfreton game we didn't look like conceding bar 1 mistake near the end. But thank you Fylde for Kyle Morrison. Him, Christian Dibble and more importantly Joe Leesley changed our season.

Credit to Brackley staff and fans, all very gracious in defeat and no major issues from what we saw. Didn't try to get food or go to the toilet so I don't know if there was issues there. The only small issue we had was parking and we got there at 1:30 and struggled.

Back in the national league!! Got barely any voice and a sore head this morning but it's all worth it

TonyM

Reaction score
Supports
King's Lynn
Congratulations to Kiddy, making the most of coming into the playoffs bang in form, best of luck next season

hardbutfair

Reaction score
Supports
brackley
Congratulations to Kiddy, making the most of coming into the playoffs bang in form, best of luck next season
Gavin Cowan, anybody at Telford? It`s getting a little claustrophobic in Midlands managerial circles....

Reaction score
Supports
Boston United

Yes, huge congratulations to Kidderminster - couldn't have timed their run any better.

And a special 'well done' to the 5 one-time Boston United players in the Harriers starting line-up on Sunday.
Christian Dibble; Alex Penny; Shane Byrne; Joe Leesley and Ashley Hemmings.

Commiserations to a 6th, Brackley's Jordan Richards.

It looks like we're going to see a lot of new faces at Boston next season with the move from part-time to hybrid status. After the club held talks with them about the changes, it is sad to see four stalwarts of recent seasons leaving - Luke Shiels; Tom Platt; Jake Wright and Jordan Burrow. Good Luck to them all wherever they go to play their football.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!