2022/23 Matchday Thread

oakroader

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
It’s well known that PRM is not in my opinion a dead cert starter for us but WTF…
an unused substitute for the DR Congo national team???
Surely an English championship player should start or play a part in a game..
Perhaps there actually is 10 outfield players better than him to choose from??
What a waste of time
Ps…maybe he gets to play in the second leg

SeasideKurt

Reaction score
Supports
Blackpool
Wow, on the defensive are we?

7 days and counting to sell 2,200 tickets for your biggest derby, in your best season for a decade, after years of not attending games because you were crying your eyes out over some meanie owners.

Pathetic.

Why have you posted a picture of the League Cup game? because you didn't sell out that one. The half-empty blocks towards the Finney are very conveniently cropped off, and standing up hides the empty singles and doubles in the rest of the blocks.

But yep, he got trod on by a police horse, don't think he was injured though.
It was sold out. And even if we didn't, why would we struggle to shift 2,200 when we've taken far more away from home than you have all season long? Weird but I guess, as Preston fan, you have absolutely 0 to get excited about. Another nothing season, all about the Lowecamotion. Lol. Anyway, see you there, I'll be one of the 2,200.

Also, EDIT, imagine posting a link to PNE online trying to get your forum friends to agree you've got me all pissed off. I couldn't be less if I tried. Tuesday night is a free game for us, for you it's everything.

Has to be one of the most cringeworthy things I've ever seen from you SF, almost up there with spending your time giving an ice cream parlour negative reviews online because they're a Blackpool fan. Sad sad lonely c***. Bless you.

Last edited:

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
It was sold out. And even if we didn't, why would we struggle to shift 2,200 when we've taken far more away from home than you have all season long? Weird but I guess, as Preston fan, you have absolutely 0 to get excited about. Another nothing season, all about the Lowecamotion. Lol. Anyway, see you there, I'll be one of the 2,200.

Also, EDIT, imagine posting a link to PNE online trying to get your forum friends to agree you've got me all pissed off. I couldn't be less if I tried. Tuesday night is a free game for us, for you it's everything.

Has to be one of the most cringeworthy things I've ever seen from you SF, almost up there with spending your time giving an ice cream parlour negative reviews online because they're a Blackpool fan. Sad sad lonely c***. Bless you.
Hahaha, like I say, not all there. Raging at his keyboard.

Please post proof of your much better away numbers please. Our better home support is a given but Blackpool's mighty away support seems to only come from the mouths of Lashers.

I posted it on PNE Online because you're a running joke, and you're living up to it.

Kurt the Fibber.

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Millwall at home for us after a much welcomed international break. Hard to know how it might go now, in a way the relentless games we were playing before this break were kind of good as we were on a roll and you just wanted the next game. Between our covid break and this international break I think we went from 12th to 3rd so we were very much on a roll. It’s hopefully been great to get a rest and get some players back but, you wonder if it might rob us of some momentum.

Such a great opportunity for us and I think Jones has played it well in the press removing all pressure from us.

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
Strong away performance from Forest at Blackpool.

Forest and Boro the big winners in the play-off chase.

Fulham will be up by Easter.

Last edited:

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Draw probably fair - they shaded the first half and I think we had the better of it in the second. First 2 goals were excellently taken by both sides, our goal was a superb team move well finished by Adebayo.

Felt second half we were going to be the ones to take the game, Campbell was everywhere and my man of the match probably, Adebayo had a good battle with Ballard and just felt if one side was going to win it we would. Cornick has a superb chance to make it 2-1 relatively early second half, would have been interesting to see how it played out if he had taken that. Got undone on a counter unfortunately though, not sure how we got so open from the situation but as soon as we lost the ball you could see a goal coming, was set up perfectly for them.

Great character to go and come back again though and we did give it a good go to actually win it in the end but not to be.

Craig

Reaction score
Supports
Danny Rose
Been an awful season for us and I say that as a fan who has seen some real depressing shit over the years. Not posted much this season but just popping in to say that seeing Luton doing what they’re doing has been a bit of a joyful respite from the shite going on down Oakwell and really rooting for them at the moment.

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Been an awful season for us and I say that as a fan who has seen some real depressing shit over the years. Not posted much this season but just popping in to say that seeing Luton doing what they’re doing has been a bit of a joyful respite from the shite going on down Oakwell and really rooting for them at the moment.

Are there any broader causes of this season than losing Ismael and Dike? Must admit I’m obviously enjoying this season from our point of view but your follow up to last season where you did similar is a salutary lesson I think!

Craig

Reaction score
Supports
Danny Rose
Are there any broader causes of this season than losing Ismael and Dike? Must admit I’m obviously enjoying this season from our point of view but your follow up to last season where you did similar is a salutary lesson I think!

Couple of bad appointments at manager and player morale at a low. Also Ismael had 5 subs to play with last year and used them tactically well. On top of that, and call me a c***, our fan base has a lot of bellends that I’m convinced only go to the games to give the players shit, and they didn’t have that last season.

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Couple of bad appointments at manager and player morale at a low. Also Ismael had 5 subs to play with last year and used them tactically well. On top of that, and call me a c***, our fan base has a lot of bellends that I’m convinced only go to the games to give the players shit, and they didn’t have that last season.
Interesting point on the subs. Makes his tactically quite poor time at West Brom look a little odd. I guess with a high pressing style being able to replace an entire front line to continue doing it would be highly beneficial, we could certainly do with it this season.

I see the premier league are introducing 5 subs again, wonder if it will come to this level too

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Peterborough away for us today. A sell out from an away perspective and a really important game if we are to maintain a push for the playoffs. Realistically got to win this sort of game if that challenge is to continue seriously.

Peterborough have had a shocker of a season, which seemed inevitable when we beat them comfortably on the opening day and they couldn’t handle any pressing whatsoever. Hoping for a similar comfortable performance today as could do with a win going into a tough run of fixtures. Get 3 points here and the draw at the weekend looks good, fail to do so and begins to look a little less good and could hit confidence going into a tricky run in

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Expecting nothing from these gutless pieces of shit tonight. I'm in Turkey so I'll probably have to stream it on my laptop as Liverpool & City are on.

Expecting.

Iversen
VDB, Bauer, Hughes
Whiteman
Potts, Browne, DJ, Cunningham
Riis, Archer
Although I'd go with something completely different.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Expecting nothing from these gutless pieces of shit tonight. I'm in Turkey so I'll probably have to stream it on my laptop as Liverpool & City are on.

Expecting.

Iversen
VDB, Bauer, Hughes
Whiteman
Potts, Browne, DJ, Cunningham
Riis, Archer
Although I'd go with something completely different.
Gutless? What's changed!

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Gutless? What's changed!
Nothing at all, same as under Neil, same as under McAvoy, shirking pieces of shit.

Excluding the loans I'd keep 7 or 8 from this squad, max, and even then I wouldn't be upset to lose any of them.

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Extremely odd starting 11 for us today, not sure Saturday warranted changing that much. Looks like Bree to centre half, Kioso in there too and Onyedinma to right wing back. Hylton in attacking midfield with Jerome and Adebayo up front together.

Kenneth E End

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
That was a really competitive first half played at a relentless pace. If Peterborough battled as much in the other 40 games as they have tonight, they wouldn’t be in their current predicament.

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
A poor draw from our point of view, thought we were below par for the most part and lucky not to lose with a couple of chances they missed at the end. Really needed to win that one for me with some big games coming up, I fear we might peter out now.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Lovely finish by Archer.

Worst squad we've had for 7 years and miles better than these c***.

That Dougall guy in midfield is one of the worst players I've seen at this level, and that Bowler guy is worth about £750k max, soft as shite.

Fuck off Kurt, you fucking nonce.

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
Good win PNE.

Well taken goal .

Luton let that slip really.

Reactions: SF_

Kenneth E End

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Could’ve lost it last night in the end. Peterborough battled hard. Fine margins in this division.

SeasideKurt

Reaction score
Supports
Blackpool
Lovely finish by Archer.

Worst squad we've had for 7 years and miles better than these c***.

That Dougall guy in midfield is one of the worst players I've seen at this level, and that Bowler guy is worth about £750k max, soft as shite.

Fuck off Kurt, you fucking nonce.
Silent for 80 minutes even after you scored.

Archer is quality. But not yours. Scummy little wanker though.
Iverson is quality. But not yours.
Ginger pubes is quality. But not yours.

Only number 4 is any good.

Potts is the worst footballer I’ve seen at Champsionship level. It was the battle of the soft c*** in Potts v CJ. Terrible football match.

Worst performance this season against a very very poor PNE side. Not what you want in a derby. Don’t overrate your performance SF. You were better but not fucking Brazil you thick virgin c***. Proper retard aren’t you.

Least you won your cup final and only game of your season. Back to mediocre performances and seasons fulfilled with fuck all until you get relegated.

BelizeHatter

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
I should preface this with i didnt (and won't now bother) watch the match as was travelling.and maybe missed a few new injuries. But.....

wtf was Jones thinking? He does this every once in a while. Has a brain fart, over thinks things imagining hes a Klopp or a Pep. FFS man play your best side.

We just had a two week Intl break. Our run in has week long gaps almost, other than Easter. They are professional atheletes. Was seven games to go. A (one time?) shot at financial heaven and permenant stability....... .And he plays that side?....... Yes its been a slog but the time for whacky changes is after three or four of the run in as the odd player tires and needs a mental break, not wholesale stupid ones now.

BelizeHatter

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
.......AND........the one that would have made sense didnt happen. Fred in for Bell. Swapping in an attacking threat for a hopefully not/less needed his (only skill) defensive. But no. Lets play a ton of attacking right backs in the middle and use the attacking left wing back on the right.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Silent for 80 minutes even after you scored.

Archer is quality. But not yours. Scummy little wanker though.
Iverson is quality. But not yours.
Ginger pubes is quality. But not yours.

Only number 4 is any good.

Potts is the worst footballer I’ve seen at Champsionship level. It was the battle of the soft c*** in Potts v CJ. Terrible football match.

Worst performance this season against a very very poor PNE side. Not what you want in a derby. Don’t overrate your performance SF. You were better but not fucking Brazil you thick virgin c***. Proper retard aren’t you.

Least you won your cup final and only game of your season. Back to mediocre performances and seasons fulfilled with fuck all until you get relegated.
Hahaha, those tears are even better the morning after.

The same Potts who didn't put a foot wrong, started the counter for our goal and gave it big ones in front of your fans? Weird assessment, did you even watch it?

As soon as Critchley goes, you're back in L1. Nothing club.

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
I should preface this with i didnt (and won't now bother) watch the match as was travelling.and maybe missed a few new injuries. But.....

wtf was Jones thinking? He does this every once in a while. Has a brain fart, over thinks things imagining hes a Klopp or a Pep. FFS man play your best side.

We just had a two week Intl break. Our run in has week long gaps almost, other than Easter. They are professional atheletes. Was seven games to go. A (one time?) shot at financial heaven and permenant stability....... .And he plays that side?....... Yes its been a slog but the time for whacky changes is after three or four of the run in as the odd player tires and needs a mental break, not wholesale stupid ones now.
Jones made some quite interesting comments after the Millwall game about how whilst it was good to have the centre halves back he felt the fullbacks who had played there before the internationals had done well and been more aggressive and perhaps if he’d been braver he should have stuck with them. Interesting that that is what he did last night basically in bringing Kioso back in and moving Bree to centre half. Don’t think it worked at all really and we were really poor but that was his logic I think, wanting a more aggressive back line. With those 3 centre halves and how we play it is vital they are aggressive and win one v one battles which I don’t think we did enough in the Millwall game (whisper it but Naismith starting to look a bit shaky In this respect but is there for his distribution as much as anything) which is I think why he changed it.

Bell has been one of our better players in recent weeks in my view and Onyedinma whilst described as a left winger is not naturally left footed so I don’t think he would necessarily make that swap unless Bell was in poor form and needed a break which he doesn’t really. I don’t really agree with the selection last night and said it was a little odd at the time but given Jones view of the Millwall game, it’s makes sense when viewed through that paradigm.

Fulham helped us out a bit tonight, although Forest are looking like a bit of a freight train right now. Made it a lot harder for ourselves than needed to be with not locking up 3 points in our “easier” looking first 2 fixtures of the run in. I’m of the opinion we will probably fade out now and other teams with stronger depth will eventually get the better of us but they proved me wrong plenty this season already

BelizeHatter

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Even if we do fade.........just wow...... What a season. Theres def going to be twists and turns for others too.

BelizeHatter

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Hadnt seen enough of Fred to realise he was a natural right footer ;-)

Bell is the weak link. Good defender but absolute drivel going forward, which is his primary requirement when we play three centre halves. Continually gives it away and is then out of position. Cant find a player unless its a sideways or backwards pass and his crossing and shooting are dreadful. There are a handful of examples to counterfeit this esp his excellent weight and vision of throughball for Eli v Millwall and he found a cross once or twice thru the season for a goal and scored once.....but too few and far between.

In his defense he has nobody in front of him on the left eithe in midfield or up top for him to find regularly. As we know our left is a weakpoint. But please lets get Sheezdog helping him out on deliveries and I'll happily eat my Straw Boater.

Last edited:

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
QPR at home on Saturday, obviously everyone is buzzing after Tuesday but we've been here before, following up a good win with some utter shite.

Hopefully that can be a bit of a springboard to finish the season well but won't hold my breath.

Iversen
VDB - Bauer - Hughes
Whiteman
Potts - Browne - DJ - Cunningham
Riis - Archer​

It sounds like we've got a good chance of getting Archer back next season, Iversen possibly, but Van Den Berg has pretty much said he wants a different challenge, could see him doing a year abroad on loan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!