• Crawley Town

Votes: 10 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Home support they’ve opened most of the North stand for us and it looks like there will be very few left for general sale

Huh? what do you don’t have the regular stand.

(sorry me being dense)

Wootball

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Huh? what do you don’t have the regular stand.

(sorry me being dense)
The North stand is the regular away stand. I believe it's all but about 100 seats in it that have been given to Doncaster, more than likely the far right block if you're in it has been closed off for segregation reasons. Occasionally for big away followings we open the East stand (the family stand) to away fans, we've just chosen not to do it for the playoffs. It usually holds just shy of 700 supporters.

So effectively we've given Doncaster more than we needed to, and about two thirds of the maximum they could possibly have had - to give them more would have meant giving Doncaster two full stands.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
The North stand is the regular away stand. I believe it's all but about 100 seats in it that have been given to Doncaster, more than likely the far right block if you're in it has been closed off for segregation reasons. Occasionally for big away followings we open the East stand (the family stand) to away fans, we've just chosen not to do it for the playoffs. It usually holds just shy of 700 supporters.

So effectively we've given Doncaster more than we needed to, and about two thirds of the maximum they could possibly have had - to give them more would have meant giving Doncaster two full stands.

That’s what i thought.

So you’ve done nothing wrong, right.

Also aren’t there also other rules involved? bolton got about 2,300 in a stand that holds 5,000 at barnsley yesterday, so hardly something new or different.

Wootball

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
That’s what i thought.

Also aren’t there also other rules involved? bolton got about 2,300 in a stand that holds 5,000 at barnsley yesterday, so hardly something new or different.
We've done nothing wrong at all. They've got more tickets than we were required to give them, some of them - not all, but some - are just salty that they didn't attend enough of their games this season to hit the points required that would have guaranteed them a ticket. Probably regretting not going to games in the first half of the season when they were having a rough time of things and suddenly want to go when everything is good.

You can't expect the home team to give up two sides of the ground in the playoffs. The finances it would bring in aren't worth it compared to the possibility of getting promoted.

As far as I'm aware, we're required to give the away team 10% of the total tickets available for the game. With a capacity of 10,000, we were required to give Doncaster 1000 tickets. We've actually given them just shy of 1600.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
We've done nothing wrong at all. They've got more tickets than we were required to give them, some of them - not all, but some - are just salty that they didn't attend enough of their games this season to hit the points required that would have guaranteed them a ticket. Probably regretting not going to games in the first half of the season when they were having a rough time of things and suddenly want to go when everything is good.

You can't expect the home team to give up two sides of the ground in the playoffs. The finances it would bring in aren't worth it compared to the possibility of getting promoted.

As far as I'm aware, we're required to give the away team 10% of the total tickets available for the game. With a capacity of 10,000, we were required to give Doncaster 1000 tickets. We've actually given them just shy of 1600.

That’s fair enough, they only managed 886 to us over christmas which was shambolic, but again given they weren’t so good back then you understand, i hope the 886 who went that day were the ones who got the tickets.

DippyDon

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Twitter
@Dippydon_95
That’s what i thought.

I think the rule is the same for standard league games, it's just more strictly enforced in the Play Offs by clubs hoping to gain any miniscule advantage they can muster.

We're recquired to set aside 2,000 tickets for away fans, but the nature of how big the stadium is with League 2 level attendances means we have the capacity to offer over 3 times that amount if it's needed. In the play offs we've strictly stuck to the minimum (but been nice by not including player tickets in that number like some do)

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Really don't get the Doncaster fans complaints over tickets, particularly on twitter alot seem to just not get it. We've actually allocated them more than we had to, whereas they've allocated us less than we have them and literally the bare minimum that they have too. Again I believe these are close to being sold out, they might not make general sale which isn't until Tuesday.

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
He played 29 for Wimbledon when they were based in MK. Obviously arguable how much you want to count those, but usually the stattos don’t (in the same way they count AFCW as a separate club, which they are).

Regardless, even if you take those games away, he still smashed the one club record (most league games for a club) among many others and impressive nevertheless, especially in today’s era of mercenaries.
Not quite true. The move didn’t happen until 28th September. He was playing regularly (and actually made his debut the previous season) while WFC were still Selhurst based.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Mmm I can smell something in this thread is it Turkey………

No is it Pork……….

No I know it’s massive BEEF and it’s juicy as fuck!

Maybe it’s not beef, maybe the winners are smelling birmingHAM instead

Scum.

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Not quite true. The move didn’t happen until 28th September. He was playing regularly (and actually made his debut the previous season) while WFC were still Selhurst based.
Hey, leave me alone. Just trying to simplify the narrative. But yes, he’s a true Wimbledon boy.

JJ1990

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
1:00 pm Sunday 19th Kick Off kick off announced by the FA/EFL for the final.

For MK or Crawley fans, that'll be no problem. For Crewe or Donny fans, it's a nightmare. Likely no trains running to get fans down there for 12pm, so it'll have to be a charter most likely, which even then will be leaving at stupid o'clock to allow fans to find a bar or mingle around the stadium for a few hours before hand. Coaches will have to leave at 6-7am from Crewe or even earlier potentially for Donny fans.

Oh and it's the final day of the premier league, with Arsenal, Brentford, Chelsea and Crystal Palace all playing at home as well.

Genuinely don't know why they didn't have the season end this weekend and then have the final on the bank holiday weekend at the end of the month. Would have made way more sense and would have allowed them to have all 3 finals across 3 days AND could have allowed them to arrange better kick off times. Clueless.

Richard Cranium

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Twitter
@jallsop93

For MK or Crawley fans, that'll be no problem. For Crewe or Donny fans, it's a nightmare. Likely no trains running to get fans down there for 12pm, so it'll have to be a charter most likely, which even then will be leaving at stupid o'clock to allow fans to find a bar or mingle around the stadium for a few hours before hand. Coaches will have to leave at 6-7am from Crewe or even earlier potentially for Donny fans.

Oh and it's the final day of the premier league, with Arsenal, Brentford, Chelsea and Crystal Palace all playing at home as well.

Genuinely don't know why they didn't have the season end this weekend and then have the final on the bank holiday weekend at the end of the month. Would have made way more sense and would have allowed them to have all 3 finals across 3 days AND could have allowed them to arrange better kick off times. Clueless.

Utter bollocks that is for the supporters but when has that ever mattered. Then when Donny/Crewe don’t take a million fans everyone will be on taking the piss out of them..

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town

Isn't it to do with the Champion's League Final and UEFA insisting on having the stadium a certain amount of time beforehand? The FA Cup final is on the bank holiday weekend as well.

Master D

Reaction score
Supports
The Natural Order

Wembley is a hellhole, I hate going down there on a coach. I would be looking to go the day before if I was you....if you get there.

Optipez

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Wembley is a hellhole, I hate going down there on a coach. I would be looking to go the day before if I was you....if you get there.
I thought it looks pretty prosperous and well designed compared to how it used to be, massive improvement from the 80s. The Box bar was very popular with Notts fans last season although I didn't go in, went to a dive of a pub down the road.
Transport links are very good, people moan about the Tube but it transports tens of thousands from Wembley pretty quickly and there's plenty of buses too. The most inefficient part is getting the charter coaches away from the place.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
No, let's bring it up again. If you don't sell out the home ends and you're denying Donny tickets for a playoff match it's scummy and tinpot in my opinion. I know there's the argument that you shouldn't be giving advantages to the away team but I'm firmly not in that camp. It's fucking shite having to sit in a pub watching your side in a playoff match when there are empty seats. The away fans that are willing to pay the money and do the miles that have done throughout the season should have the chance to watch their side in the biggest games of the season.

I'd love old school terracing back, I'd love the possibility for fans to take over 10,000 fans away like they did back in the day for big games (Sunderland at Maine Road comes to mind in the 90s) and almost limitless attendances but it's not going to happen for a variety of reasons is it? Most notably plod, health and safety and logistics of it all.

If we're selling tickets in three stands for our own fans and Doncaster have far more than we were legally required to give them in the first place, where do we put them? It's impossible to put them anywhere.

Like I said, they should be grateful Nevitt scored in the last minute last week else another 1100 of them would be enjoying the game within the confines of a pub or their living room.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
That’s fair enough, they only managed 886 to us over christmas which was shambolic, but again given they weren’t so good back then you understand, i hope the 886 who went that day were the ones who got the tickets.

Managed less than 500 to us in the Winter and when going for a League One title over a decade ago barely brought more than 1000. Don't recall Donny ever selling out at our place before but yeah, we're wrong not to give them more tickets apparently...

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
I agree that getting a semi over away attendances is dumb but as we all know that won't change anytime soon.

Believing 3500 fans made up of daytrippers, first timers and fair weather fans won't contribute to the atmosphere for the team is a stretch to say the least. To assume none of those 3500 would potentially return on a regular basis And becomes ST holders helping the club in the medium and long term is just plain wrong.

It's a rather bizarre and certainly defeatist attitude but everyone is entitled to one. Could be an interesting debate

I completely and wholeheartedly disagree with JJs comments, as would the vast majority of our fanbase I'm pretty sure.

When I first started going we got big attendances for a small town club, much bigger than we get now, as you would if you were playing Championship or high end League One football. 9000 for Boxing Day games, 10,000 sell outs vs likes of Stoke, Man City and West Ham. Even for the less attractive games, we were regularly getting 5000 home fans.

Obviously decline sets in and it's not sustainable and if you were going down two divisions, the chances are you lose gates. Every lower league club has had multiple declines in their history and gates have been eradicated to lows. We were getting 3000 home fans over a decade ago after season after season of bottom half finishes. That's since gone up to a more healthier 4000 when average and even higher gates when the team is successful.

Every single fan should want their club to grow. I think what Mansfield have done despite very little success until this season in growing their gates is admirable. Like us, Mansfield is a similar sized town surrounded by much bigger clubs. It's very much possible for us to sustain winning football for a few seasons at this level even if we don't go up this season. This will lead to more STs being sold and gates increasing and the eventual growth of the club. Which leads to greater financial health, greater ambition and more money to spend. How could anyone be against that?

The alternative point I'm arguing against was a very insular, unambitious and pessimistic viewpoint to have and I'm flabbergasted anyone would want their own club to be so parochial and plod along. With a view like that, we might as well be Chester, one of those long lost EFL clubs, playing football out of view behind the back of an industrial estate being happy to just have a club and play the awesome behemoths of Needham Market and Warrington Town in league fixtures. Thankfully, it's a view that is very much in the minority, and 99% of Crewe fans want the club to grow and to get back to the levels we were at 20-30 years ago, as difficult as that would be in modern times awash with money. Because, without ambition or dreams, what even is the point of supporting your local football club?

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
I’m

The first train from Crewe is about 8:30. In Euston before 11. Train beers ;) Definitely time to make it easily. Euston Sq, Baker St and Met line about 25>30 mins to Wembley. Watford and onto Overground probably even quicker. If we make it, a lot of ours wouldn’t be any earlier.

Agree though, that it’s a rubbish kick off time

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
I wouldn’t bother reading those on X and believing it’s the general feeling of most Rovers fans. I couldn’t understand why more would turn up for a league game and not a playoff semi final. I can’t remember saying Crewe had something wrong. In respect to away tickets, we have a points based system so the 1600 will have to those who have been to the majority of away games this season.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
I wouldn’t bother reading those on X and believing it’s the general feeling of most Rovers fans. I couldn’t understand why more would turn up for a league game and not a playoff semi final. I can’t remember saying Crewe had something wrong. In respect to away tickets, we have a points based system so the 1600 will have to those who have been to the majority of away games this season.

Money is my guess. You just know there'll be fairweathers in every team's support and not just ours going "I'd rather save my money for Wembley". Granted, times are tough, but no guarantee any side will get to Wembley so it's a strange attitude to have.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
I completely and wholeheartedly disagree with JJs comments, as would the vast majority of our fanbase I'm pretty sure.

When I first started going we got big attendances for a small town club, much bigger than we get now, as you would if you were playing Championship or high end League One football. 9000 for Boxing Day games, 10,000 sell outs vs likes of Stoke, Man City and West Ham. Even for the less attractive games, we were regularly getting 5000 home fans.

Obviously decline sets in and it's not sustainable and if you were going down two divisions, the chances are you lose gates. Every lower league club has had multiple declines in their history and gates have been eradicated to lows. We were getting 3000 home fans over a decade ago after season after season of bottom half finishes. That's since gone up to a more healthier 4000 when average and even higher gates when the team is successful.

Every single fan should want their club to grow. I think what Mansfield have done despite very little success until this season in growing their gates is admirable. Like us, Mansfield is a similar sized town surrounded by much bigger clubs. It's very much possible for us to sustain winning football for a few seasons at this level even if we don't go up this season. This will lead to more STs being sold and gates increasing and the eventual growth of the club. Which leads to greater financial health, greater ambition and more money to spend. How could anyone be against that?

The alternative point I'm arguing against was a very insular, unambitious and pessimistic viewpoint to have and I'm flabbergasted anyone would want their own club to be so parochial and plod along. With a view like that, we might as well be Chester, one of those long lost EFL clubs, playing football out of view behind the back of an industrial estate being happy to just have a club and play the awesome behemoths of Needham Market and Warrington Town in league fixtures. Thankfully, it's a view that is very much in the minority, and 99% of Crewe fans want the club to grow and to get back to the levels we were at 20-30 years ago, as difficult as that would be in modern times awash with money. Because, without ambition or dreams, what even is the point of supporting your local football club?

We always had the potential to grow attendances better than we had, we had a lost generation in the late 90s and 2000s when the ground was still a dump (still not the best) maybe the difference between mansfield and crewe is that we don’t have big clubs on the doorstep, the east midlands biggest club is forest and they’re not large on a general scale.

We’ve largely been able to also grow attendances through our academy which is fantastic and certainly got the youngsters and parents involved in the club. It’s whether fans stick around when times are tough

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
They are pretty large tbf but agree without doubt Crewe are in a far more big clubs congested area to almost all sides.

Any one club town has natural potential, see Lincoln, Peterborough etc due to no in town/city competition.

How high the ceiling is depends on many factors both current and historic. A playoff final support is the best barometer of true potential. What did Mansfield take to Wembley against Port Vale?

Last edited:

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
We always had the potential to grow attendances better than we had, we had a lost generation in the late 90s and 2000s when the ground was still a dump (still not the best) maybe the difference between mansfield and crewe is that we don’t have big clubs on the doorstep, the east midlands biggest club is forest and they’re not large on a general scale.

We’ve largely been able to also grow attendances through our academy which is fantastic and certainly got the youngsters and parents involved in the club. It’s whether fans stick around when times are tough

Yeah obviously we have 4 behemoths in the North West to contend with but then the rise of Stoke has also had an impact on us as our decline began when their rise did. So I was thinking more of bigger clubs in close proximity to you like Forest, Derby and the two Sheffield clubs really. Not to mention how easy it is for every kid in the North and Midlands to start supporting Man Utd or Liverpool on a whim.

Yep been a long time since you had a truly awful season. Will the fair-weather fans accept relegation battles in the league above? Only time will tell.

lordofthepies

A shit Martino
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Twitter
@aitchyrobinson
No, let's bring it up again. If you don't sell out the home ends and you're denying Donny tickets for a playoff match it's scummy and tinpot in my opinion. I know there's the argument that you shouldn't be giving advantages to the away team but I'm firmly not in that camp. It's fucking shite having to sit in a pub watching your side in a playoff match when there are empty seats. The away fans that are willing to pay the money and do the miles that have done throughout the season should have the chance to watch their side in the biggest games of the season.
They've been given an entire side stand, which is the second biggest stand in the ground. It's insane to suggest they should be given any more than that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotox
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!
4K UK IPTV