28th Jan fixtures

Ellis

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Even you can’t actually believe what you’ve typed :lol::lol:

Tbh i’ve quite a soft spot for carlisle and wish them all the best but that’s utter bollocks.
Let the man willy wave, beating Rochdale is a big achievement.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Carver I’m surprised to see you praising the team when you’ve said every other team in this league is shite and Carlisle should be top of it. The fact we’re 9 points adrift of your 1st place says we’re underachieving right?

And who is this championship defender youre harping on about?

Huntington!

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Completely fed up of this club. The owners a disgrace, the managers tactics are mental and the football is disgusting to watch, and the players are totally out of their depth.

There’s only one way this is going I’m afraid. It’s amazing how much has changed in 18 months or so
Apart from Umerh’s shot,the first half was laughable to be honest.
Its a long time since I’ve seen so many so called pro footballers struggle to do the basics.
No one who can break a defence & some didn’t even try.
I felt sorry for Pruti,Dodds & Tasty,being chucked into this sack of shit side,the senior pro’s should be ashamed.
Why does it always take a half time kick up the arse to improve a little?
Anyway,at least the agony won’t go down until the last game of season,we’re down without a doubt.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Didn't play well enough in the final third again, game was tight overall which is usually the case with Tranmere these days. I thought Tranmere just about deserved the win, they did create one or two more better chances than we did and looked the more likely to score - Having said that, the striker who missed a sitter at the end (Hemmings?) nearly paid for that when Harry Smith hit the bar.

We made 6 changes from last week and looked alot better with Beckles and James back in the team, neither keeper had anything to do as the game was so tight. George Moncur is still a shadow of the player he was 2 months ago.

Tranmeres right Back Dacres-Cogley is good enough to play at a higher level, he caused us alot of problems the last 3 games we've played against them.

We basically need to win 8 of our remaining 18 games to likely get ourselves up - Unless we can shake ourselves out of this goalscoring problem we have, we're going to blow it from such a good position. The injuries have been hitting us as well after we got away with having next to none for the first half of the season, can we hold our nerve?

Reactions: Boz

dedwardp

Reaction score
Supports
Colchester United
The below league table since 1st October shows how good a start Orient had that they've been able to stay so far ahead for so long. It seems implausible that they wouldn't at least make the top three, but if Northampton and Carlisle were to win their games in hand a six-point gap suddenly feels quite fragile.

1 - Stevenage P16 / 33pts
2 - Carlisle P17 / 31pts
3 - Stockport County P16 / 30pts
4 - AFC Wimbledon P17 / 30pts
5 - Leyton Orient P18 / 29pts
6 - Walsall P14 / 28pts
7 - Northampton P17 / 26pts

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Apart from Umerh’s shot,the first half was laughable to be honest.
Its a long time since I’ve seen so many so called pro footballers struggle to do the basics.
No one who can break a defence & some didn’t even try.
I felt sorry for Pruti,Dodds & Tasty,being chucked into this sack of shit side,the senior pro’s should be ashamed.
Why does it always take a half time kick up the arse to improve a little?
Anyway,at least the agony won’t go down until the last game of season,we’re down without a doubt.

We're always gonna struggle when two of our midfield three are Featherstone/Dolan, Featherstone is finished, his neat touches and turns he'd get away with in the National League get snaffled up here, he's petering out like Gary Liddle did.

Thought we looked better when Hastie and McDonald came on, yeah they lose the ball more often than not trying things but they've at least got a forward run in them, how many times at 1-0 down did we passpasspasspass sideways and back only to lump the fucker out for a goal kick.

Liked the look of Hopper for Colchester, smart player, won all sorts, wasn't a fan of the diving twat playing next to him mind number 34, chucked himself to the ground every time anyone got near him, had the soft arse ref wrapped round his finger.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
We suddenly looked like a team for 80 minutes. Don't get me wrong. 3-0 flattered us as Salford are a good side and their 16, Galbraith, is a really good player but we battled away, passed to each other and created some really good chances and deserved to be in the lead.

Then we panicked, sat too deep and Salford should have made it 3 all. Exactly what we did in our last game v Newport where we were 2 up with ten to go.

Our third goal was really nice. And (from where I was watching) worth watching on the telly tonight.

Looks as though the other results have gone our way so all in all a good day.

Casey

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
The below league table since 1st October shows how good a start Orient had that they've been able to stay so far ahead for so long. It seems implausible that they wouldn't at least make the top three, but if Northampton and Carlisle were to win their games in hand a six-point gap suddenly feels quite fragile.

1 - Stevenage P16 / 33pts
2 - Carlisle P17 / 31pts
3 - Stockport County P16 / 30pts
4 - AFC Wimbledon P17 / 30pts
5 - Leyton Orient P18 / 29pts
6 - Walsall P14 / 28pts
7 - Northampton P17 / 26pts

Wow I didn't realise Wimbledon were that high up since then, just tonight in fact I was under the impression by a Stockport fan on here that Wimbledon are shit apparently..

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I thought we fully deserved the win today.

The first half was cagey, but we had more pace and width in our play and were the more dangerous of the two sides. After half time we dominated and missed two or three good chances in addition to the goal.

Our back four has been excellent this season and hopefully Saunders and Chalmers will give us the bit of extra quality we need in the final third if we are going to challenge.

I thought Orient were well organised and played some decent stuff in spells, but were very one paced. I could not see them scoring, at least until Smith came on near the end and they went direct.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Didn't play well enough in the final third again, game was tight overall which is usually the case with Tranmere these days. I thought Tranmere just about deserved the win, they did create one or two more better chances than we did and looked the more likely to score - Having said that, the striker who missed a sitter at the end (Hemmings?) nearly paid for that when Harry Smith hit the bar.

We made 6 changes from last week and looked alot better with Beckles and James back in the team, neither keeper had anything to do as the game was so tight. George Moncur is still a shadow of the player he was 2 months ago.

Tranmeres right Back Dacres-Cogley is good enough to play at a higher level, he caused us alot of problems the last 3 games we've played against them.

We basically need to win 8 of our remaining 18 games to likely get ourselves up - Unless we can shake ourselves out of this goalscoring problem we have, we're going to blow it from such a good position. The injuries have been hitting us as well after we got away with having next to none for the first half of the season, can we hold our nerve?
A fair analysis, though Hemmings’ miss came after Smith had also hit the woodwork in the closing stages of the game.

I thought Orient looked better going more direct when Smith came on. Apart from the above, your only notable goal effort was a free header out wide near the end of the first half. A decent footballing side, but if you can’t create the chances, then promotion prospects take a dive. Still got a soft spot for the Os as my local team when living in London, hope you can go up.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
We're always gonna struggle when two of our midfield three are Featherstone/Dolan, Featherstone is finished, his neat touches and turns he'd get away with in the National League get snaffled up here, he's petering out like Gary Liddle did.

Thought we looked better when Hastie and McDonald came on, yeah they lose the ball more often than not trying things but they've at least got a forward run in them, how many times at 1-0 down did we passpasspasspass sideways and back only to lump the fucker out for a goal kick.

Liked the look of Hopper for Colchester, smart player, won all sorts, wasn't a fan of the diving twat playing next to him mind number 34, chucked himself to the ground every time anyone got near him, had the soft arse ref wrapped round his fifinger
McDonald, say what you like about his end product but he always tries to make stuff happen. I'd be inclined to give him a shot behind the front 2, let's face it, if we need 7 or 8 wins we need people on who can impact the game and Wes is capable of that.

Dolan is too immobile for a L2 midfield and Featherstone is finished at football league level. Thought Dolan was miles better once Hartley (who also looks finished as a pro) got crocked and moved into the middle of a back 3. That's where he should play. Sylla should be in Dolan's place every week in midfield, he's not great but he's got a bit of physicality and imposes himself on the game. All the other options, too passive. The lad from Blackpool not what we need based on his debut.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
Didn’t see until this morning how big a game Tuesday may be for the automatics.

If Carlisle win Tuesday it will throw a massive spanner in the works to a top 3 which has had next to no pressure on it since November.

Northampton would be suddenly out of it and a chaser while Stevenage and Orient who both have looked all but up will only be 6 points or one slump in form from buggering up 5 great months work.

While Carlisle failing to win won’t stop them looking over shoulder it would maybe ease some pressure heading into weekend.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Tuesday has a big game for the relegation spots as well. Gills v Crawley.

Any point there will be a good one for us.

Casey

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Even a point on Tuesday (which I’d take btw) will see us move into third place.

We’ve had some favourable fixtures recently against teams around the bottom, and we have another on Saturday against Harrogate. But after that we play the likes of Wimbledon and Mansfield so we’ll need to up our game massively from recent performances.

THE LAST WALTZ

Reaction score
Supports
GILLINGHAM
We suddenly looked like a team for 80 minutes. Don't get me wrong. 3-0 flattered us as Salford are a good side and their 16, Galbraith, is a really good player but we battled away, passed to each other and created some really good chances and deserved to be in the lead.

Then we panicked, sat too deep and Salford should have made it 3 all. Exactly what we did in our last game v Newport where we were 2 up with ten to go.

Our third goal was really nice. And (from where I was watching) worth watching on the telly tonight.

Looks as though the other results have gone our way so all in all a good day.

Casey
Makes next week a big game mate.
You coming down?
I believe it’s a sell out.

THE LAST WALTZ

Reaction score
Supports
GILLINGHAM
Strange game today.
Thought the first half was a perfect away performance, kept them pretty quiet, hit them on the break and took our chances, though the penalty we were awarded was quite farcical.
Second half we just never turned up.
Defended deeper and deeper, probably a result of such a dreadful season and nerves crept in.
To be fair to Swindon they did look a decent side second half when they changed things up.
Disappointing not take all three points after being 3-1 up but by the same token a win would have been more than we deserved.
It’s another point towards survival.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Makes next week a big game mate.
You coming down?
I believe it’s a sell out.
I'm in Spain for a music festival. Pretending I'm 25 again.

I will watch on iFollow . Not the same but better than nothing.

Casey

THE LAST WALTZ

Reaction score
Supports
GILLINGHAM
I'm in Spain for a music festival. Pretending I'm 25 again.

I will watch on iFollow . Not the same but better than nothing.

Casey
Enjoy the festival and don’t worry it won’t take long to realise you’re not 25 anymore.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Strange game today.
Thought the first half was a perfect away performance, kept them pretty quiet, hit them on the break and took our chances, though the penalty we were awarded was quite farcical.
Second half we just never turned up.
Defended deeper and deeper, probably a result of such a dreadful season and nerves crept in.
To be fair to Swindon they did look a decent side second half when they changed things up.
Disappointing not take all three points after being 3-1 up but by the same token a win would have been more than we deserved.
It’s another point towards survival.

Both penalty awards were harsh. Yours was awarded when Frazer Blake Tracey got the ball in the face and ours when the ball did hit the defenders arm but it was hit at a million miles an hour and not a lot he could have done. Yes his arm was by the letter of the law 'in an unnatural position' but its stupid penalties are given like that. Morris nearly saved Charlie's pen!

Entertaining game as you say, we could have won it 4-3 with that breakaway chance that Hepburn-Murphy has to be doing better with. A good point in the circumstances.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
McDonald, say what you like about his end product but he always tries to make stuff happen. I'd be inclined to give him a shot behind the front 2, let's face it, if we need 7 or 8 wins we need people on who can impact the game and Wes is capable of that.

Dolan is too immobile for a L2 midfield and Featherstone is finished at football league level. Thought Dolan was miles better once Hartley (who also looks finished as a pro) got crocked and moved into the middle of a back 3. That's where he should play. Sylla should be in Dolan's place every week in midfield, he's not great but he's got a bit of physicality and imposes himself on the game. All the other options, too passive. The lad from Blackpool not what we need based on his debut.

I don't mind having one immobile midfielder who will sit in and ping some passes left and right, which Dolan is pretty good at so long as they have legs around them to support, it's the combination of the two that is a soul destroying watch, both essentially doing the same job and dragging us to a snails pace.

I thought Trusty was a 6/10, just got through it by doing the basics competently, we shouldn't be utilising players and piling pressure on them like this when we're at the arse end of the league, we need league experience, players who've been there and done it and we only get them by spending money, which we won't.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
I don’t think there are words as to how poor we are, a head coach who wants to play a formation we clearly don’t have the players for, the embarrassing defending week after week, gifting goals, missing sitters by our so called strikers and our numpty fans throwing flares onto the pitch, from top to bottom we have become a joke

It’s a weird one because you clearly targeted down our left side, and you got behind us a few times from it, but ultimately a complete lack of quality in both boxes.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I don't mind having one immobile midfielder who will sit in and ping some passes left and right, which Dolan is pretty good at so long as they have legs around them to support, it's the combination of the two that is a soul destroying watch, both essentially doing the same job and dragging us to a snails pace.

I thought Trusty was a 6/10, just got through it by doing the basics competently, we shouldn't be utilising players and piling pressure on them like this when we're at the arse end of the league, we need league experience, players who've been there and done it and we only get them by spending money, which we won't.
Having Dolan or even Featherstone in that role would work if we played it out from the back but we don't, we go long so their presence is wasted. In the National League next year, get rid of Curle, try and play football, Crawford would be a good fit as a deep playmaker. Crawford, Pruti Grey, Dodds, four players to start a decent NL team.

Trusty kept dropping off advanced positions which I didn't like, there was no one playing off the front 2 which Cooke can do to a certain extent as a link. Get he's playing it safe on his debut but nothing about his game struck me as him being the kind of fearless youngster to change the game.

Gills4years

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Both penalty awards were harsh. Yours was awarded when Frazer Blake Tracey got the ball in the face and ours when the ball did hit the defenders arm but it was hit at a million miles an hour and not a lot he could have done. Yes his arm was by the letter of the law 'in an unnatural position' but its stupid penalties are given like that. Morris nearly saved Charlie's pen!

Entertaining game as you say, we could have won it 4-3 with that breakaway chance that Hepburn-Murphy has to be doing better with. A good point in the circumstances.
Agree that both penalties were ludicrous from a football point of view but I have a feeling that under the current ludicrous rules, the ref was right.

In fact, with our pen, your defender did actually have his hands up which is a more "unnatural position" but, come on, there is such a thing as self preservation and they did not protect his boat race much.

In Wrights case, I am not sure what he could have done different, other than magically making his arm drop off.

Alain

Reaction score
Supports
Crawley
To be honest Casey is making out that Salford were a good side they are not - well not on that showing- granted they scored 2 goals at the end of the game that was because of the Crawley players being knackered due to 26 days of non competitive matches- losing match fitness - but they held on to the 3 points which they thoroughly deserved - having lost key players to transfers or loan recalls it was a unexpected line up but they played as a team and on the front foot - hopefully more of the same in the matches coming up.

we play Gillingham next Saturday not Tuesday

Loyal Dale

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
T'was a very poor game yesterday. Dale were awful for 70 minutes, bar the 2 new kids, one making his EFL debut (probably our best player on the day) and the other a lightweight kid up front.

Carlisle exploited our galapagos tortoises at the back ( McNulty and Keohane too slow to catch a cold, and Taylor might just about get the sniffles) and scored after a few minutes, but then hardly had a sniff.
The referee was very weak throughout and missed several yellows (for both teams tbf) and then waved away a strong penalty shout when Rodney was clattered from behind.
He then obviously saw the elbow by a Carlisle player but strangely ruled it as a yellow card offence. Surely an elbow is a red card? looked to be retribution for an earlier foul by Dale on the player who elbowed him. Two wrongs etc...

Our disallowed goal looked very marginal, and I'm not complaining that it was ruled out. But the officials made a right dogs dinner of it...referee waved away appeals for offside, and the linesman didn't flag until about 30 seconds later .

Are we down yet? Almost. If we can't score, we won't win !!

Big Jim needs to grow a pair and go for it before the last 10 minutes. It's not difficult ffs.

iWomble

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon
Wow I didn't realise Wimbledon were that high up since then, just tonight in fact I was under the impression by a Stockport fan on here that Wimbledon are shit apparently..

We don't look very good, but that misses what we do that's effective. We make other teams look not very good too by not letting them play, through a combination of keeping a good shape and shithousing when needed. Only 4 goals conceded in 10 games says something. No-one takes us seriously for a playoff place but keep on doing what we've been doing and we will be in or around them. It ain't pretty to watch at times mind.

Meadow

Not a lad
Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon
We don't look very good, but that misses what we do that's effective. We make other teams look not very good too by not letting them play, through a combination of keeping a good shape and shithousing when needed. Only 4 goals conceded in 10 games says something. No-one takes us seriously for a playoff place but keep on doing what we've been doing and we will be in or around them. It ain't pretty to watch at times mind.
Indeed, scrappy match yesterday. That said, my 20 something son attended his first match in over 5 years yesterday and he loved every minute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!