29/10 best weekend of the season

Leewilson

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham and Redbridge
Looking forward to Saturday as I don't have any expectations. FGR are the favourites. We are down to the bare bones. Yet we have some bollocks about us. I hope FGR underestimate us.

Mark kavanagh

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Emmanuel hardly had a kick in our 2 games against bromley last season so i actually wouldnt mind seeing him on the park, miller ive never seen play but his stats suggest hes only ever done it at this level so hopefully mcnulty who in my opinion is still a division 4 defender may be able to control him ( famous last words) the reason we have scored so few is down to brabins awful steal a 1-0 win tactics now mellon has arrived we have scored 6 in 3 games yet still not conceded, this has 0-0 or a sneeky 1-0 win to either side written all over it

LeWhites

Reaction score
Supports
Dover Athletic
Emmanuel hardly had a kick in our 2 games against bromley last season so i actually wouldnt mind seeing him on the park, miller ive never seen play but his stats suggest hes only ever done it at this level so hopefully mcnulty who in my opinion is still a division 4 defender may be able to control him ( famous last words) the reason we have scored so few is down to brabins awful steal a 1-0 win tactics now mellon has arrived we have scored 6 in 3 games yet still not conceded, this has 0-0 or a sneeky 1-0 win to either side written all over it
I'll be very surprised if we don't score, and even more surprised if we don't concede.

LeWhites

Reaction score
Supports
Dover Athletic
Fair enough, seems strange that he hasn't played much for you given how prolific he was last season for Bromley. Do him and Miller not play well together?

If you could get both on the pitch and scoring you'd be pretty tough to stop..
They do play well together, our front 3 probably would have been Moses, Miller and Modeste had we not signed Lafayette. I think Miller would've scored far fewer goals without Lafayette, although Moses and Modeste probably would've had a few each to make up for it.

Even if we do lose Miller in January, Emmanuel, Lafayette and Modeste is a pretty good front 3 at this level.

Bigluke

Reaction score
Supports
dover
I've been thinking about this, and I'd be tempted to drop Lafayette and bring in Emmanuel, Marsh or Jackson, with Miller playing through the middle. McNulty is one of the best centre halves in the league but he doesn't stand a chance against a front 3 of Miller, Modeste and one of the above. I think he'd do a decent job of negating any threat posed by Lafayette unfortunately.

Have to say I do agree, he may like a full English a lot more than a player in his position should, but to me he remains the best reader of the game in the league, and when played in the air, loses very little, and would love him at the Crabble. I have to say, Ross could prove to easy to dominate for such a player.
His weakness though comes when players run at him and particularly at their place last season Miller literally ran him ragged, and the big maan should have been sent off twice for pulling him back once he skipped passed him and though this sounds weird, I would actually love to see MIller 'marking' him right across their back four, but I fear it will never happen and he'll be kept out on the wing

Reginald Fodstain

Not Scouse
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Fascinating it really is, by the way how many will Tranmere bring down this weekend, 150/200 ?
We have a fair number of southern exiles, I'd say about 300 away. Mellon's first big test this, playing a decent side away from home. Given the way we played at Barrow in the cup (his only game against a team in the top half thus far), where we managed one shot in the entire game, I'm not exactly confident... Expecting goals though, 3-1 Dover.

Bigluke

Reaction score
Supports
dover
They do play well together, our front 3 probably would have been Moses, Miller and Modeste had we not signed Lafayette. I think Miller would've scored far fewer goals without Lafayette, although Moses and Modeste probably would've had a few each to make up for it.

Even if we do lose Miller in January, Emmanuel, Lafayette and Modeste is a pretty good front 3 at this level.

The worrying thing about that (and I do agree again ) is how few league goals Mods is scoring, how few Moses has scored I think it's three but we all know one should have given to Thomas, and though Ross who has played really well again these past 2,3 games, has thus far got a great return (six I think) the worry is he only got about eight all season last year, and my concern, even if he doubles this seasons tally, between the three it may mean we collectively come up short especially with the amount of goals we let in

LeWhites

Reaction score
Supports
Dover Athletic
Have to say I do agree, he may like a full English a lot more than a player in his position should, but to me he remains the best reader of the game in the league, and when played in the air, loses very little, and would love him at the Crabble. I have to say, Ross could prove to easy to dominate for such a player.
His weakness though comes when players run at him and particularly at their place last season Miller literally ran him ragged, and the big maan should have been sent off twice for pulling him back once he skipped passed him and though this sounds weird, I would actually love to see MIller 'marking' him right across their back four, but I fear it will never happen and he'll be kept out on the wing
For once, I think you're right. I don't think it will happen though, and I'm never one to criticise CK as you know. He's done what he does for 30 odd years now, can't see it changing.

He'll pick the same XI that have comfortably won 2 games this week, we all know that, then probably bring off Miller at 70 mins when everybody is crying for Lafayette to come off. I've not seen anybody dominate Lafayette in the air all season but I do think McNulty will have the beating of him.

The worrying thing about that (and I do agree again ) is how few league goals Mods is scoring, how few Moses has scored I think it's three but we all know one should have given to Thomas, and though Ross who has played really well again these past 2,3 games, has thus far got a great return (six I think) the worry is he only got about eight all season last year, and my concern, even if he doubles this seasons tally, between the three it may mean we collectively come up short especially with the amount of goals we let in

It's one of those situations where none of them have really had a chance to shine, Miller has been the main man and they've provided a few chances for Lafayette. I think we'd find that without Miller they'd come into the game a lot more and score a hatful between them

John Still

Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham
Cant wait for the invasion of Nailsworth, two coaches we are MASSIVE.

Exactly what Lee said about the game, we should stand no chance with our injuries. Eastleigh away was the same predicament and we won 1-0.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green

Exactly what Lee said about the game, we should stand no chance with our injuries. Eastleigh away was the same predicament and we won 1-0.

There is no way we'll take you lightly, the games being billed as our biggest of the season so far, so if you beat us it wont be because of that.

We're a better side then Eastleigh mind.

Our players are very keen to lay down a real marker, they're well up for this.

Sparrow

Reaction score
Supports
Woking FC

I don't think it's been mentioned on here yet but we're taking TWO COACHES to our FA Cup tie at Stockport.

INVASION

slaphead

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Game of the day is obviously FGR v D&R, and having played both recently, I can see this being a decent game.

Our game at Dagenham the other night was a cracking game of football, both sides going hell for leather at each other and the longer it went on it was clear that it was going to be a mistake the cost the game, and so it happened. Unfortunately the mistake came from one of ours, Will Evans on his return from the suspension he got from being sent off against FGR.

Daggers must have watched our game against FGR because they started the same way, FGR tore into us from the first whistle and made it pay scoring twice in the opening 10 minutes, the sending off ended it for us whereas D&R could make the breakthrough.

I reckon the game will be a cracker, I can't see Still setting up to try and contain FGR so will play similarly to against us as our style is similar to FGR, so he will try and get amongst them early. It will be interesting to see how FGR approach it, but I can't see them sitting back trying to contain. It's really hard to predict an outcome here, we created loads against D&R and didn't take the chances, but I can't see FGR being a profligate as we were. On the other hand, FGR did look susceptibe to pace against us, and if D&R get at them, and they try that playing out from the back stuff, they will get punished, Hawkins is as good a striker as I've seen at this level for a very long time.

Really hard to call, going to sit on the fence and say 2-2 in an entertaining game.

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I'm off to Dover on Saturday. Any decent ale houses in Dover? and how long would it take a fat bloke to walk from the ground to Dover Priory rail station?
Can Tranmere stop Ricky Miller? I don't think so, so i'm hoping the Mellon has us set up to attack and thats going to be difficult without Jimmy Norwood. Would take a draw from this. Around 240 Rovers to make the journey i guess.

LeWhites

Reaction score
Supports
Dover Athletic
I'm off to Dover on Saturday. Any decent ale houses in Dover? and how long would it take a fat bloke to walk from the ground to Dover Priory rail station?
Can Tranmere stop Ricky Miller? I don't think so, so i'm hoping the Mellon has us set up to attack and thats going to be difficult without Jimmy Norwood. Would take a draw from this. Around 240 Rovers to make the journey i guess.
Loads of ale houses. If it's actual ale you want there's some decent micropubs about, see The Lanes, The Rack of Ale, Mash Tun or Thirsty Scarecrow is good if cider's your thing, but all of those are tiny, to warn you.

Loads of decent pubs, but do resist the urge to go in The Priory by the station because it's shithole. If you're not interested in ale and just want a drink then there's a Spoons in town, and from there to the ground there are at least 7 pubs off the top of my head.

It's about a 30 minute walk, maybe a touch longer but there are a lot of pubs en route. Alternatively get the train to Kearsney (should be able to ride one for free) and a 15 minute walk from there or get a taxi.

Unless you're here dead early then I'd recommend getting taxi to Three Cups then if it's shit in there it's a 5 minute walk to the Cricketers which is right outside the ground, and where you will probably find me.

Should be a good day, we've not had many away fans in this season.

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Loads of ale houses. If it's actual ale you want there's some decent micropubs about, see The Lanes, The Rack of Ale, Mash Tun or Thirsty Scarecrow is good if cider's your thing, but all of those are tiny, to warn you.

Loads of decent pubs, but do resist the urge to go in The Priory by the station because it's shithole. If you're not interested in ale and just want a drink then there's a Spoons in town, and from there to the ground there are at least 7 pubs off the top of my head.

It's about a 30 minute walk, maybe a touch longer but there are a lot of pubs en route. Alternatively get the train to Kearsney (should be able to ride one for free) and a 15 minute walk from there or get a taxi.

Unless you're here dead early then I'd recommend getting taxi to Three Cups then if it's shit in there it's a 5 minute walk to the Cricketers which is right outside the ground, and where you will probably find me.

Should be a good day, we've not had many away fans in this season.

Thanks

Swedes

Reaction score
Supports
Southport
Despite York's form I'd be happy with a draw on Saturday

After seeing us play both yourselves and York this week I'd be very surprised if you didn't beat them. You put up a bit of a fight against us and had some chances, York just looked clueless.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Anyone tuning in to BT on Saturday to see our first home defeat of the season in our ramshackle ground?
We're 12 unbeaten (I think), but have seemed a bit out of sorts for a few weeks now. We're sure to humiliate ourselves in some way in front of the cameras. 0-3

GuiseleySteve

Reaction score
Supports
Guiseley AFC
After seeing us play both yourselves and York this week I'd be very surprised if you didn't beat them. You put up a bit of a fight against us and had some chances, York just looked clueless.
Agreed, a walk in the park for you guys

slaphead

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Agreed, a walk in the park for you guys

No walk in the park for Guiseley fans on Saturday I'm afraid, the scenic turnstile will be closed and away fans come in through the front of the ground.

GuiseleySteve

Reaction score
Supports
Guiseley AFC
No walk in the park for Guiseley fans on Saturday I'm afraid, the scenic turnstile will be closed and away fans come in through the front of the ground.
No walk in the park inside the ground either for us i fear. nil point for the Lions.

JaredSUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United FC
Twitter
@suttonjared

Essentially I'm happy with a point most weeks. But after what everyone agrees was a shocking performance last weekend and dropping a 2 goal lead at home confidence isn't exactly a growing commodity. And Gary Mills has already masterminded a lucky 1-0 win against us this season

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers

I never rated Norwood as high as some, despite his rather more mobile way of playing, so am not sure how big a miss he will be, and am wondering if it will work more in our favour that in Cook, who is very decent, even if he was a nasty sod last year, and Kirby (is he the slightly rotund chappy btw) they do have a couple of very big lads and touch wood we seem to repel those slightly more easier than the smaller nippier types.

Kirby is not as described, though he's bulked up, still looks like he could do with a few hot dinners inside him. Not a patch on Norwood, who will be missed.

Hope Micky chanes things a bit; Ihiekwe, who's got some pace alongside McNulty at the back and start one of Stephenson/Tollit up front to inject some pace. Can't see past a home win here.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Game of the day is obviously FGR v D&R, and having played both recently, I can see this being a decent game.

I reckon the game will be a cracker, I can't see Still setting up to try and contain FGR so will play similarly to against us as our style is similar to FGR, so he will try and get amongst them early. It will be interesting to see how FGR approach it, but I can't see them sitting back trying to contain. It's really hard to predict an outcome here, we created loads against D&R and didn't take the chances, but I can't see FGR being a profligate as we were. On the other hand, FGR did look susceptibe to pace against us, and if D&R get at them, and they try that playing out from the back stuff, they will get punished, Hawkins is as good a striker as I've seen at this level for a very long time.

Really hard to call, going to sit on the fence and say 2-2 in an entertaining game.

I am inclined to agree with you, the best game I have seen this season was when we played Barrow, because both sides just attacked. The game ebbed and flowed nicely, the football was easy on the eye, but it finished goalless. The way we play does mean that the odd ball goes to the opposition when trying to bring it out from defence, most games we have gifted the ball to our opponent, on Tuesday night Solihull were put through for a one on one with the keeper but couldn't make our error pay. I know we haven't conceded a goal in seven games, which is nothing to be sniffed at, but in every game a sloppy pass has presented our opponent with a chance or two but we haven't been punished for them. Although hopeful for a win, I would probably take a draw before kick-off, just to maintain our gap over the Daggers.

FGRJC

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Looking forward to Saturday as I don't have any expectations. FGR are the favourites. We are down to the bare bones. Yet we have some bollocks about us. I hope FGR underestimate us.

Get your excuses in early. . .

Bendubz

Reaction score
Supports
Maidstone
The Michael Johnson-esque, "doing a Sutton" romp to the title begins now, 73-0 win with Loza grabbing a score of goals

*or failing that I'd take a 1-0 loss if we play well

wilsontown

Reaction score
Supports
York City
Essentially I'm happy with a point most weeks. But after what everyone agrees was a shocking performance last weekend and dropping a 2 goal lead at home confidence isn't exactly a growing commodity. And Gary Mills has already masterminded a lucky 1-0 win against us this season
We really need a win here, just to instil a bit of confidence in this rag-bag of misfits that we laughingly call our first team. I'd definitely take a lucky 1-0 with the ball bouncing off Brodie's arse in the 93rd minute. Even our players ought to be able to hit Brodie's arse, after all.
More likely a draw, I think.

Shotsfan1993

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Twitter
@SamOS1993
Guiseley at home for us tomorrow and considering we are away to FGR and Lincoln in our next 2 (and will probably end up with nothing), this falls into the must win category for me.

GuiseleySteve

Reaction score
Supports
Guiseley AFC
Guiseley at home for us tomorrow and considering we are away to FGR and Lincoln in our next 2 (and will probably end up with nothing), this falls into the must win category for me.
I'm hoping for a point but mindful of our injuries and suspensions and your results so far it may just be a step too far.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
As an aside, how the fuck are we all at game 18 by the end of October?! :lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!